Jouer Matte Moisture Tint

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Butylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Peg/Ppg 18/18 Dimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phytantriol, Hexyl Laurate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Nylon-12, Sodium Chloride, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Polydodecanamideaminium Triazadiphenylethenesulfonate, Polyvinylalcohol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Potassium Sorbate. May Contain (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

Like others on this forum have said, I bought this on the recommendation of a popular Youtube guru. I figured it would be a good fit for my skin, since she and I have similar skin types: between combination, sensitive, and prone to breakouts. Sadly, the only thing I like
about the product is the color match. I have light to fair skin, and porcelain fits me
almost perfectly! The problem? This tinted moisturizer slides around my face more
than a mineral powder does after several hours. It settles into the pores in my t-zone, which makes the color look patchy and uneven. It has an interesting texture for a tm; more of a velvety feeling you would find in a matte foundation. (This product has been called a "dupe" for laura mercier's silk creme foundation.) But even that doesn't compensate for the application, since it is hard to apply without a foundation brush. Personally,I prefer to apply my tm in a rush w/my fingers. The product is also difficult to drag over the areas of my face that are less oily, and I end up having to go back for more product. The worst part is that it breaks me out. . .badly. By midday, I'm left with patches of redness all over my face, followed by tiny pimples the next day. I guess the low spf rating has something to do with this. Whenever I use a product with a reliable spf rating, I have less irritation at the end of the day. I guess I should have looked into the ingredients before purchasing. This is really high in silicones, dimethicone, mattifying agents. . .all in all, a lethal combination for skin as acneic and sensitive as mine. In conclusion, this is the not product I reach for when I need good coverage with the added benefit of spf. It should be added that I love fluid, even gel-based tinted moisturizers that add a subtle, healthy glow, but also don't add to the shine on my face. Call me crazy, but I think products as mattifying as this one will only exacerbate oily skin problems. Best to hydrate the skin with a tinted moisturizer that softens, but also doesn't leave you with an oil slick. I will not be repurchasing, so I will either have to throw it away or find a creative way to use it. Maybe as a concealer in a pinch?
Pros: beautiful packaging, nice, neutral colors, elegant texture.
Cons: Expensive!Irritating, comedogenic, initial finish fades to one that is patchy and unflattering. I'm dubious of the advertised spf factor.

on 2/3/2015 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Got this as a sample in Linen and I love it. I have very oily skin and its matte finish is great. Buying a full size today since I ran out. I just can't live without it!

on 1/3/2015 8:52:00 PM

I don't wear foundation, but I quite often use a lightweight BB/tinted moisturiser when I feel my skin could do with it. The problem is that over the course of the day, my skin has a tendency to get shiny. I find myself constantly reaching into my handbag for blotting papers and have to reapply powder over and over again (which obviously gives more ammunition for grease build-up.) I've been really skeptical of any product that claims to "control sebum/shine" or "mattify" in the past, but I heard enough good things about this to give it a go.

I'm so glad I did, because this is my new HG! It controls shine all day, and the matte finish isn't chalky and unnatural. When you first apply it, you don't notice a difference but the formula warms and evens your skin tone within minutes. This is a very sheer product, but that's fine for me because I have clear skin. For somebody with blemishes or blotches, it may not be so good. The coverage is very light and you don't even feel like you have something on your face. My makeup still looks more or less the same as when I first left the house.

I have been told this doesn't work well on people with dry patches of skin as it doesn't moisturise well, but you could try applying it over your usual moisturiser (which I do.) Some people like to blend this with the Luminising Moisture Tint for more of a glow, and perhaps this is also an option for dry skin types.

on 11/24/2014 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really like this tinted moisturiser. It's so unusual to find a matte tinted moisturiser as they're usually very dewy but this one truly is skin-like in its finish. It looks so natural but has fairly decent coverage for a tinted moisturiser. Although it's not the cheapest you get a lot for the price and it has lasted me for well over a year so I thin it's worth it. The only reason I haven't given it give lippies is because even the palest shade, Porcelain, isn't quite light enough for me (although it's pretty darn close). I think you can buy this in stores now but it's very difficult to find and I don't usually like blind buying things like foundation or concealer online where you don't know what shade you'll be. That said, I would definitely buy it again. I haven't found anything else that I like the finish of more: natural, healthy-looking skin.

on 11/19/2014 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really wanted to like this due to its great texture and light/medium coverage, but here's why I won't be buying it again:

1. The best matching shade for my NC25 skin is Nude, but the undertone is a bit too neutral/not yellow enough for me (NARS Ceylan). For $38 + tax, it had better be perfect!

2. I went to the gym one night and had an intense weightlifting session (streams of sweat dripping down my face). To my horror, I looked into the mirror and saw that the Jouer TM was coming off with my sweat! I've had just as intense workouts while wearing NARS tinted moisturizer and Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer and they never ever melted with sweat. You might be like "who wears makeup to the gym?!" uhhhh maybe people who put on makeup in the morning and go to the gym after work, duhh. I go to the gym at least twice a week and I can't be worrying about looking like I got fat free milk thrown all over my face.

3. SPF 15 is too minimal which requires me to layer a higher SPF underneath. Not a problem but just another step I have to add to my routine.

My advice is just to get a sample because everyone's skin/body chemistry is different and what works for one person might not work for another and vice versa. But in case you have the same concerns as I do, then hopefully this will help you.

on 11/9/2014 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOVE this tint. It is exactly what I need for everyday use as a mom and it's super easy to apply and stays put. It evens out my skin immediately and moisturizes quickly. It lasts on me for about 7 hours without any problems.

I am hoping to buy this in full size asap but the price is putting me off for now at $38. This ia great stuff and very high end in feel and texture. Definitely worth the price. I got this in Linen and it matched perfectly. I am NW20 in MAC, Maybelline I am creamy natural, and Revlon I am Nude in Colorstay.

on 11/4/2014 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've struggled with shiny skin for a long time and found it difficult to find a product that maintained a matte appearance. I usually use the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation in Classic Ivory, which is alright, but I wanted something that was lighter on my skin for everyday use. Since I've heard only good reviews on the Jouer Matte Moisture Tint, I thought I'd just splurge (I'm more of a drugstore girl, because I'm horrible at picking shades and whatnot).
I was very impressed with this product. Of course, I didn't expect it to last all-day, but it maintains a matte appearance for majority of my day even without powder, and it is so light on the skin. My skin tone is more of a "darker side of light", if that makes any sense, and purchase this in the shade "linen". I could probably go for one shade up though. Maybe next time!

Tip: Product is not extremely moisturising, so want to add a little bit of your own moisturiser underneath before applying this product.

on 8/2/2014 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm really impressed with this stuff. It provides very full coverage if you build it up/use concealer, and really does stay matte. With a primer and Urban Decay Deslick, I find it rivals my Revlon CS in terms of staying power. The color match (I'm the shade Nude) is so spot on that I don't even have to bring it down onto my neck, and with some bronzer it looks radiant.

I have extremely hard-to-cover skin, with large pores and eczema. This stuff does a great job while still feeling lightweight. My skin gets irritated easily too, and this doesn't seem to bother it.

The only downside is that it's hard to find, unless you want to pay more for shipping to order online.

on 6/25/2014 7:08:00 AM

I've been using this for a week or two now and my skin is loving this.
I'm wearing the lightest shade called Porcelain on my NC15/NC20 skin. (In the summer it's NC20, in the winter NC15, but as it's summer right now and I'm using a high amount of SPF it's a combination of the two)

My skin is combination and dehydrated. My Tzone can get oily but it still lacking moisture. My forhead and cheeks break out from heavy oils or thick moisturizers/foundations. This means I struggle alot with finding foundations and skincare. I normally stay away from everything that's either matte or glowy and go for the inbetween satin finish.

This TM is satin, leaning towards matte, but it's not drying at all! It covers up my acne scars on my cheeks perfectly.This is the first TM i've ran into that's actually not dewy. Don't get me wrong I love a dewy finish but my large pores next to my nose and my forhead hate after a couple of hours. (My HG used to be YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat cause of the beautiful luminous finish, but i had to blot and powder 4 times a day and at the end of the day my foundation was gone). If your skin is dehydrated or leans a bit more to the drying side you have to put a bit of moisturizer under this first. It's not going to do the job on its own.

A tiny downside is that it tends to cling to dry patches if you have those. I have one or two at the moment and it shows, that's why i'm giving it 4 lippies.

on 6/16/2014 4:28:00 AM

I love this for daily makeup base.
The coverage is just enough to show some skin yet even out my complexion.
Most of it would be gone at the end of my day due to my oiliness yet since wearing this, I have not had any breakout at all.
Will always repurchase.