October 30, 2014 | 1707 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Jouer - Matte Moisture Tint

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by KLynn88

I'm really impressed with this stuff. It provides very full coverage if you build it up/use concealer, and really does stay matte. With a primer and Urban Decay Deslick, I find it rivals my Revlon CS in terms of staying power. The color match (I'm the shade Nude) is so spot on that I don't even have to bring it down onto my neck, and with some bronzer it looks radiant.

I have extremely hard-to-cover skin, with large pores and eczema. This stuff does a great job while still feeling lightweight. My skin gets irritated easily too, and this doesn't seem to bother it.

The only downside is that it's hard to find, unless you want to pay more for shipping to order online.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 7:08:00 AM More reviews by IrisFvH

I've been using this for a week or two now and my skin is loving this.
I'm wearing the lightest shade called Porcelain on my NC15/NC20 skin. (In the summer it's NC20, in the winter NC15, but as it's summer right now and I'm using a high amount of SPF it's a combination of the two)

My skin is combination and dehydrated. My Tzone can get oily but it still lacking moisture. My forhead and cheeks break out from heavy oils or thick moisturizers/foundations. This means I struggle alot with finding foundations and skincare. I normally stay away from everything that's either matte or glowy and go for the inbetween satin finish.

This TM is satin, leaning towards matte, but it's not drying at all! It covers up my acne scars on my cheeks perfectly.This is the first TM i've ran into that's actually not dewy. Don't get me wrong I love a dewy finish but my large pores next to my nose and my forhead hate after a couple of hours. (My HG used to be YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat cause of the beautiful luminous finish, but i had to blot and powder 4 times a day and at the end of the day my foundation was gone). If your skin is dehydrated or leans a bit more to the drying side you have to put a bit of moisturizer under this first. It's not going to do the job on its own.

A tiny downside is that it tends to cling to dry patches if you have those. I have one or two at the moment and it shows, that's why i'm giving it 4 lippies.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 4:28:00 AM More reviews by amandeaux

I love this for daily makeup base.
The coverage is just enough to show some skin yet even out my complexion.
Most of it would be gone at the end of my day due to my oiliness yet since wearing this, I have not had any breakout at all.
Will always repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by SaraDLueders

I had heard so many raves about this so I but the bullet and bought it. I'm the lightest shade and I need to warm it up with bronzer a bit but other than that the shade is good. It makes my skin look pretty flawless it will break up a few hours after application and I noticed to next day I had a lot of extra blackheads on my face. I might try again but blackheads are gross so who knows

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Atellez

This is matte and I found my shade but what I didn't like is how my skin looks oily after a few hours. I heard that this was a long wearing and bought it online. In the winter after a few hours it gets oily and I need to touch up. I can only imagine that this isn't going to work at all in the summer. I won't be repurchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do like this product, but I don't think it's the best if you have oily/combo skin. When I first bought this last summer, I hated it. I found that it didn't even apply matte and would disappear off of my face within a few hours. I started wearing it again during the fall/winter when my skin was getting drier (but still oily) and found that it was the best foundation for my skin. It gave my skin extra moisture in the areas that needed it, but was oily controlling enough for my skin during the cold months. If you have very oily skin like I do in the summertime, I don't think this will keep you matte long enough. This has light coverage that can be built up to medium. I wear this in the shade Chamomile (NC42 in MAC.)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

This unexpectedly became my favorite foundation!!
Even though it's called a moisture tint, it actually gives me medium coverage.
I have oily skin and i still have to blot on certain days, but that's with any foundation.
I've had my bottle for over a year, it seriously lasts forever!!
It gives me the nicest coverage and makes my skin look pretty darn flawless.
I use a Sigma F80 brush and i go round and round in circles, first one direction and then the other.
I love the finish and it lasts all day without primer on.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by trixie1803

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first tried this in the color Linen, too yellow, so I reordered it in Nude-perfect! I am a cool neutral so it's sometimes hard to find just the right shade. I have found that applying with my Beauty blender is best. It makes me look airbrushed. So pretty, but never cakey or heavy. It leaves a nice matte finish without making you look flat or dull. I set it with some Chanel transparent powder, just perfect. I found that it stayed on oil free for about 6 hours, the color had not faded at all. I wish it wasn't so expensive, but oh well. The older I become-I'm 55, I look better with less heavy foundations. Everything now just looks so heavy and blah, so I was very impressed when I tried this tinted moisturizer. I look like I am made up but it's casual and light and natural but better. If that makes sense. I will repurchase, when you find something that works, stay with it!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Poli93

I wanted to love this so much. Everyone claims it's the best for oily skin gals (that's me)... but I was a bit dissapointed.
I like the finish it gives but it doesn't last very long. To be honest I haven't worn it much because the shade is a bit too light for me (that's my mistake, I'm terrible with picking shades) so I should probably give it another chance. Let's just say my expectations were a little to high for this one- anyone with combantion/oily skin knows its virtually impossible to find a long lasting foundation that doesn't look chalky or unbelievably shiny.

UPDATE: I gave this a couple more chances, and I have to say I really like it now. I feel as if it would work amazingly in the summer more than the winter though. It clings to dry patches a bit but other than that it smooths out your skin and creates a "your skin but better" look (very light coverage, which is perfect for those who, like me, hate the feeling of makeup on your face). When I initially used it I builded it up a bit too much, so I wasn't loving it... But now I just apply it to the centre of my face where I need a little bit of coverage and my skin looks much more uniform and silky. I'm going to purchase this in a darker shade so I can use it in the summer! But I added a lippie because although my first impression was a bit dissapointing, after using it a couple more times I really really like it.
That said, if you're a fan of the dewy look, you won't like this. But if you're looking for a light, skin-like, refining product, then look this way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

Ok, so this product has been quite a nightmare for me to use until I tried something different with it which I will talk about in a minute.
I got this in the shade Linen which is a perfect match for my NC 20 skin (light with yellow undertones). The texture is nice and creamy, however since this is a matte formula even on my oily/combo skin it was super difficult to spread evenly and I constantly had to use a beautyblender to make this work for me.
I was surprised to see so many youtubers use this and it looked so effortless and flawless on them, especially after they topped it with other powders on top. Well let me tell you, I tried so many powders over this tinted moisturizer from drugstore to highend and it ALWAYS looked awfully dry and accentuated my pores like crazy. So for awhile I complete gave up on this product (and good thing I bought this on ebay for a discounted price).
And what was worse is that this moisturizer remained matte for seriously about an hour and then turned into a greasy mess and was sliding off my face (and I am not even that oily!)
BUT then recently I received a few samples of Clinique's moisture surge gel cream and while trying it, I realized that it sort of felt like a primer as well as a moisturizer. So, I applied the Jouer matte tint over the Clinique and a miracle happened! My face felt so smooth and supple and the Jouer product applied much easier and actually lasted on my face for an entire day.
So, I believe the moral of the story is that even if you have oily or oily/combo skin like me it is best to moisturizer before using this product. I think the word "tinted moisturizer" is misleading because it actually feels more like a light foundation and needs to be applied over a smooth, hydrated surface.