April 20, 2014 | 1653 users online

Treatments - Pantene - Ultimate 10 BB Creme

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by teenagebeautyqueen

Check out the full review here:

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by tgcx95

This stuff is awesome! I tried this on a whim and realized after reading several reviews on here that is it totally worth it. I stopped using this after a while because I received moroccan oil for christmas, and it wasn't until I lost my moroccan oil and went back to this that i realized how soft, shiny and manageable my hair is. This product is awesome and the pump is easy to use and dispenses the perfect amount. I highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by ncashen

The other reviewers are correct. Pantene Pro-V Ultimate 10 BB Creme Beauty Balm for Hair is loaded with dimethicone. I've tried clear serums from Pantene and other drugstore brands that are dimethicone based, and they left my hair looking greasy, weighed down and often still a touch frizzy.

But this product, for some reason, leaves my hair shiny with volume. It actually smooths the cuticle. I have tried it on my wet shampooed and conditioned hair prior to blow drying and/or heat styling. I've also tried it when my hair is dry to smooth out the ends. In both cases, it improved the appearance of my hair, making it look shinier and smoother. It did this without causing my hair to look matted down at the crown, weighing my hair down, or causing a greasy look.

My hair is fine, wavy, dark, and color-treated.

This product claims to do ten things:

1) Repair for Rough Hair
7) Frizz Control
8) Heat Protection
9) Manageability
10) Tamed Flyaways

I am not sure it really does all ten. I am skeptical about "Repair for Rough Hair" and "Strength Against Damage." I don't believe many products really "repair" hair of any kind. I do believe this BB creme probably does contribute to improved shine, frizz control, and smoothness on my hair. It may work differently on different hair types.

I love the packaging, It's a tall, generous looking pump bottle that is very easy to use. The pump makes it clean and easy to dispense just the right amount. I use a drop about the size of a pea on my hair, which is shoulder-length and not very thick.

The pricing is excellent on this product, and it's very easy to find. I'll keep it on hand till I find something to replace it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by meighan1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like some of my fellow women on here, my hair is neither straight, curly, & not % 100 wavy either lol. it is however very thick & colour treated. I like almost everything about this product. I get migraines so if the smell was that bad I couldn't use it. I hate the feeling of the oils that have become so popular with some hair companies, on my hands and since this stuff is literally a cream it doesn't leave residue or oily after effects. I ♥that this has the heat protection in it bec I almost always forget to remember to use it. And it works great. Fir those days I let my hair air dry my hair doesn't get all crunchy &/or stiff looking just wavy and soft and shiny. So no matter how u use it wet or dry ur hair will look and feel so soft and shiny. My hair not only looks healthy but is getting healthier w every use. I recommend this to all my girls as the price is almost as good as the product, especially when u think of all the $$ u will save because u will only need one styling product for ur hair instead of the like half a dozen like I had.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by bettycockroach

I've found that if I put this stuff in my hair when it's dry then it's too late- it stays a giant fuzzy frizz ball regardless of how much I apply. So I gave up on it for a few weeks, and when I left my regular conditioning balm at school during fall break, I found this and decided to give it another try. It actually worked when my hair was damp. Even through blow drying, it kept the frizzies at a decent level. It should be said, though: it didn't totally eliminate the frizz. The smell is also the typical chemical, fake perfume-like smell you can only get from Pantene products. Overall, it's okay, but there are definitely better products out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by lolabean93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this stuff. It smells good and it does make my hair feel soft. I like the pump feature. I do have to be very careful about how much I put in my hair though. It says to put in one to two pumps but two pumps is WAY too much for my fine hair. I'm not opposed to repurchasing but i'm continuing to purchase different products to find one I love.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Nades01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have thin, dry, curly, and super frizzy hair and this product didn't do a thing for it! Frizziness galore, no curl definition whatsoever...huuuge disapointment

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by frostygrrl

I have thick hair that tends to be coarse and frizzy, and it takes blow drying and/or straightening to get it to the texture I want-- smooth and frizz-free, but that also takes out a lot of volume. Like another reviewer, I have hair that's "in between", neither curly nor straight, if it air dries it tends to be quite wavy, especially underneath. My sister bought this and I've been sneaking a small pump for the last few days, putting it in damp hair and letting it air dry and I've been enjoying the results. I usually don't let my hair air dry because it gets all weird looking but FINALLY, a product that smooths my hair out (without looking greasy), tames the frizz quite well, and lets me give my hair a break from heat styling. Since my hair tends to be naturally wavy, I don't scrunch it or do anything else after I put the product in. It leaves my hair soft and hydrated. I'm going to get my own bottle and I can see this lasting a long time, I don't even use a full pump for my hair, which is a couple inches past my shoulders. I'm happy I found something that allows me to enjoy the natural waviness of my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by spaige411

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This isn't a perfect product, I think it works well as a daily shine/styling cream, but I wouldn't expect it to perform any miracles.

I like to use it when I'm braiding my hair because it helps to keep little bits from poking out of the braid without using gel (I hate gel).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been eager to dry this for months but it's $8.49 at CVS which is just too much for a drug store hair product IMO. But I happened in on Wags and they had it for 2/$7 plus I had a BOGOF coupon. Woo hoo. Unfortunately, this is not impressing me. My hair looks and feels the same. I've used it on dry and damp hair, and honestly, John Frieda's Secret Weapon works better than this stuff. My hair is Asian, ie coarse and since I've been coloring it, on the dry side. I should have had a clue though, because I've tried the "Ultimate" shampoo and conditioner by Pantene, and those didn't work for me, either.