July 23, 2014 | 1881 users online

BB Cream - Kiehl's - Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Mooo00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin and I found this product quite moisturising, and even though i have dry skin I wanted product where I can still achieve a moisturising but matte finish and this BB cream have that effect. The texture when you first put it in your fingers and apply it on your face I found it a bit harder to smooth out and it dried quicker than I wanted it, but I think that accounts to the matte effect. The only negative would be the medicine smell that I found a bit off putting. Overall a good BB cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I loveloveloveloveloveloveLOVE this.

It makes your skin look bright and provides fairly good coverage for being a bb cream. I didn't believe the hype when I first read up on it but I gave in simply because I needed something moisturizing, light AND SILICONE FREE for these hot summer months since my job consists of a lot of moving and going outside. I have REALLY bad skin... I have crazy acne marks, am extremely acne-prone, my skin is also DRY and sensitive with the occasional outbreaks of perioral dermatitis.

Trust me when I say that this definitely has coverage. It won't give you that MAC foundation or Revlon colorstay coverage but it will definitely even out your skintone without making you look like you're wearing a mask. It's a tinted moisturizer but BETTER. I can build it up to medium coverage with the right tools. First of all, I use my fingers to apply and go over any extra redness by patting a little more product on those areas where I need a little extra coverage (when I say patting, I literally mean I lightly tap my face like guys do when they apply after-shave lotion lol). After it's dried a little bit (a minute or two) I apply some honey-bee gardens mineral powder for additional coverage and some oil control, and lastly I set everything with mineral veil. With this little routine I've worked out I can achieve a light/medium coverage that lasts for 8+ hours!!!!

As far as the color goes I use medium, I'm a MAC NC40/42 (depends on the season, I'm extra yellow in the winter) and this is totally a little bit too orange for my neck so what I do is just use it on my neck also. I don't mind doing this because it has SPF50 and I mean who doesn't like extra sun protection????

I saw that a few people said the scent is bothersome, it DOES have a scent but it's nothing extremely overpowering. I can deal with it especially because after using this for a little bit over a month I can honestly say that this has TOTALLY decreased my acne scars!!!!!!! Not DRAMATICALLY but I can totally tell there's a difference in how red my face is now as opposed as to how bad it was two months ago when I had the absolute WORST acne outbreak of my life.

I do use a primer with this (Lorac I'm So Sensitive Soothing Face Primer) and I use MAC's fix+ after my makeup has been applied and then once halfway through my 8 hour shift at work.

I am so glad this product has been brought into my life because I've seriously been struggling with horrible acne at 24 and going out in public is a pain in the ass when everyone else seems to have **FLAWLESS skin. I hope this stays in production for a really long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by herbst3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Even a VERY thick application provides no coverage.

Smells like a standard drugstore sunscreen, which is not my favorite smell in the world.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by AnnaBanana25

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I first bought this product in Singapore because I was looking for a light covering that doubled as a moisturiser. The colour and coverage are good, although I found I needed to mix Fair and Light together to get the perfect match for my skin tone. I find that I need to put powder on during the day to keep the shine at bay. The packaging is ok - I like a tube over a pump, because you get the hygiene factor (more so than a jar) while still getting to use all of the product, whereas with a pump there is quite a bit of waste. The lid does tend to leak though. While it's not the most expensive BB cream on the market (I'm happy to pay more for an exceptional product), I'd expect more from it given the price.

Pros:
Good coverage
Colour stays true
Makes my skin soft
Scent isn't too strong

Cons:
Stings my eyes (no, I didn't put it IN my eyes)
Can be a bit greasy/shiny
Transfers easily
Can only wear it in fine weather - comes off if even a little water touches it

Generally I'd rate this product as ok, although because it stings my eyes I won't be buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2014 3:15:00 AM More reviews by SG93

Purchased this BB cream a week ago. Initially, I did not read any reviews on MUA about this product, I felt I wanted to give it a trial without any bias preconceptions on the product. Initially, my skin looked well after applying this. It evened out my complexion, hydrated my skin, and gave my skin a nice glow. However, after using it straight for 4 days, I started to notice small pimples forming around my cheeks and jawline, and congestion around my nose. Normally, I do not break out so this product had to be the reason for this.

I would grade it 2/5. I feel this would work well for someone who rarely breaks out and has a very dry/normal skin type. But I would not recommend this to anyone that has acne prone skin, as I feel there are far too many irritants in the product that causes breakouts.

Color Medium fit my NC35 skin tone perfectly

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by SanFranGirl

I got the sample of this BB cream in color "Fair" when I was purchasing other things at the local Kiehls counter.
I was quite curious about this product because it was supposed to work miracles and be very nourishing.
When I applied it - the color matched my skin perfectly (I am N30 in Mac) - however after couple of hours of wearing it my skin got extremely irritated and itchy - so I ran to wash it all off my face.
I never had similar reaction to any of the foundation/BB products before so I was shocked. Moreover Kiehls is homeopathic brand - it was supposed to be allergy free product. I have then checked the components, but apparently it was a mix of chemicals in it (because it doesn't have many natural ingredients) that irritated my skin badly.
Last but not least in couple of hours that I wore it - I noticed a very poor staying power & even powder didn't help it from sliding around. Keep in mind my skin is very dry at the moment & yet the product didn't manage to sit nicely. It was more like an oil slick face which I didn't like.
Overall - don't recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by TennilleES

This is a bit on the chalky side and shows up flaws, also the colour is too light for me in fair

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by glaca28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product, it looks very natural. I use the fair tone and i use powder afterwards, i think its necessary. its sheer but that's what i love about it because it doesnt feel or look like foundation, you notice its effect but no one else does. I will dfinetely buy it again. I used the Clarins bb cream and hated how it looked because its too heavy too thick and i broke out even though my skin is dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by existence12

When I went out to buy this I read and watched reviews online and was very aware of the sheer coverage. Lets face it, this cream isn't about covering all your imperfections but it does have a decent tint. Its very easy to apply, and it gives you a nice dewy and natural finish. The fact that it has spf 50 is a winner for me as I absolutely HATE applying conventional sunscreen under my make up. This seems to be much easier to apply under and over makeup without making you look ghostly or ruining your application. I've been using it for about a month now and I can see my skin tone improving already because I seem to be using less and less every time.

Now lets get back to the whole coverage issue people are having: it's not a foundation. Its sheer. It'll give you a nice colour but wont cover everything. But it seems to even everything out with one application all over the face. Once I do that I usually go over my most stubborn imperfections such as a break out or darker pigmentation with the vichy dermablend with only a drops worth. It just saves a lot of time and makes you look a lot more natural instead of relying on smearing foundation on your whole face.

The sad fact is, this product may be breaking me out so I am no longer using it.. it has sodium chloride which clogs pores but it is down on the list and so there isnt much of it to keep you breaking out constantly BUT i have been getting a pimple every week or so. It's not worth it to keep using this so I have moved on to the peter thomas cc cream and hoping it will not cause my skin to be irritated like this one. I really did love this bb cream because of the colour it gave me and the amazing dewy finish, but its just not for me. I would still go out and get it if you dont have acne prone skin like i do.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by shi1

I really wanted to like this product but it just didn't work out. I loved the high spf, the vitamin C, the light natural coverage but there are two major downfalls. Color matching and pore clogging. It felt nice, didn't have an spf smell, it didn't make me particularly oily, easy no fuss packaging but it gave me pimples and I couldn't find a good color for my skintone. For reference, I'm very prone to breakouts so of you don't have that problem this might work for you!