April 18, 2014 | 1970 users online

BB Cream - Kiehls - Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2014 3:15:00 AM More reviews by SG93

Purchased this BB cream a week ago. Initially, I did not read any reviews on MUA about this product, I felt I wanted to give it a trial without any bias preconceptions on the product. Initially, my skin looked well after applying this. It evened out my complexion, hydrated my skin, and gave my skin a nice glow. However, after using it straight for 4 days, I started to notice small pimples forming around my cheeks and jawline, and congestion around my nose. Normally, I do not break out so this product had to be the reason for this.

I would grade it 2/5. I feel this would work well for someone who rarely breaks out and has a very dry/normal skin type. But I would not recommend this to anyone that has acne prone skin, as I feel there are far too many irritants in the product that causes breakouts.

Color Medium fit my NC35 skin tone perfectly

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by SanFranGirl

I got the sample of this BB cream in color "Fair" when I was purchasing other things at the local Kiehls counter.
I was quite curious about this product because it was supposed to work miracles and be very nourishing.
When I applied it - the color matched my skin perfectly (I am N30 in Mac) - however after couple of hours of wearing it my skin got extremely irritated and itchy - so I ran to wash it all off my face.
I never had similar reaction to any of the foundation/BB products before so I was shocked. Moreover Kiehls is homeopathic brand - it was supposed to be allergy free product. I have then checked the components, but apparently it was a mix of chemicals in it (because it doesn't have many natural ingredients) that irritated my skin badly.
Last but not least in couple of hours that I wore it - I noticed a very poor staying power & even powder didn't help it from sliding around. Keep in mind my skin is very dry at the moment & yet the product didn't manage to sit nicely. It was more like an oil slick face which I didn't like.
Overall - don't recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by TennilleES

This is a bit on the chalky side and shows up flaws, also the colour is too light for me in fair

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by glaca28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product, it looks very natural. I use the fair tone and i use powder afterwards, i think its necessary. its sheer but that's what i love about it because it doesnt feel or look like foundation, you notice its effect but no one else does. I will dfinetely buy it again. I used the Clarins bb cream and hated how it looked because its too heavy too thick and i broke out even though my skin is dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by existence12

When I went out to buy this I read and watched reviews online and was very aware of the sheer coverage. Lets face it, this cream isn't about covering all your imperfections but it does have a decent tint. Its very easy to apply, and it gives you a nice dewy and natural finish. The fact that it has spf 50 is a winner for me as I absolutely HATE applying conventional sunscreen under my make up. This seems to be much easier to apply under and over makeup without making you look ghostly or ruining your application. I've been using it for about a month now and I can see my skin tone improving already because I seem to be using less and less every time.

Now lets get back to the whole coverage issue people are having: it's not a foundation. Its sheer. It'll give you a nice colour but wont cover everything. But it seems to even everything out with one application all over the face. Once I do that I usually go over my most stubborn imperfections such as a break out or darker pigmentation with the vichy dermablend with only a drops worth. It just saves a lot of time and makes you look a lot more natural instead of relying on smearing foundation on your whole face.

The sad fact is, this product may be breaking me out so I am no longer using it.. it has sodium chloride which clogs pores but it is down on the list and so there isnt much of it to keep you breaking out constantly BUT i have been getting a pimple every week or so. It's not worth it to keep using this so I have moved on to the peter thomas cc cream and hoping it will not cause my skin to be irritated like this one. I really did love this bb cream because of the colour it gave me and the amazing dewy finish, but its just not for me. I would still go out and get it if you dont have acne prone skin like i do.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by shi1

I really wanted to like this product but it just didn't work out. I loved the high spf, the vitamin C, the light natural coverage but there are two major downfalls. Color matching and pore clogging. It felt nice, didn't have an spf smell, it didn't make me particularly oily, easy no fuss packaging but it gave me pimples and I couldn't find a good color for my skintone. For reference, I'm very prone to breakouts so of you don't have that problem this might work for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Bought my first bottle due to RAVE reviews by a coworker and because I fell in love with the sample I got from Nordstrom. I have a tan/olive skin, but surprisingly the light color worked well on me. Followed it up with my Tarte powder and the finish was flawless through 6 hours at the zoo, throughout the weather changes that day!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by rewound

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've only been using this for a week, but so far I like it a lot, so, since there are a lot of negative reviews, I'm writing one to counterbalance. First, the shine issue. Yes this has a dewy finish. I'm not usually a fan of dewy as I find that it exaggerates flaws. However, for me at least, this product's dewy finish works the way it's supposed to - it makes my face look better. It makes fine lines etc very slightly more visible than if my face is bare, but almost anything I put on my face does that, and with this product, that effect is minimal. Other dewy BBs that I've tried have hugely magnified my skin's flaws and made it look much worse, but that is not the case with this product. I have combination skin with a somewhat oily t-zone, and with this product it does get a bit shinier as the day goes on, but it's not excessive, for me. The first few days I used it by itself, as it's supposed to be hydrating, and it seemed okay. Then I used it on top of rosehip oil, and that also seems to work okay. The coverage is fairly sheer. I use a lot of the product, which I find gives a nice fresh, illuminated look. One day I used less, and it didn't look that great, so if you're trying this product, I would suggest that you apply generously. I have very mild rosacea (my cheeks tend to be a bit pink) and this product evens that out in a natural looking way. It also hides the large pores on my nose. I like the colour (Fair), which doesn't have the grey-yellow tone that a lot of BBs have. I think it's worth giving this product a try, as long as you're not looking for heavy coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by fellycia

I personally thinks this BB cream is the best out there. I've tried a few asian's BB cream such as Etude, Missha, Face Shop, and tried Clinique CC cream as well. But it all failed to impress me. I hate the color that most BB cream gave me, that grey-ish white outcast; which this Kiehl's one has succeeded on avoiding that. It's really lightweight that I barely notice any make up on my face, it really feels like I'm not wearing anything on. Plus, the spf 50 & pa+++ just make this BB cream my favorite so far. Yes, it does lean more to the oily kind-of finish, but I do prefer that dewy finish cos in my opinion it makes girls look younger. When it gets over dewy, I could just blot and I'm good to go! I use the color light, and I am very happy that it matches my skin tone really well. I definitely would purchase this BB cream again when I ran out it. Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 7:21:00 AM More reviews by annos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best BB cream I have tried so far. It produces a very natural result and does a good job of getting rid of minor imperfections (slight redness) and adds more lumniousity. In summer I've used this instead of a regular daycream and it seems to do a good job at moisturizing. I like the fact that it has SPF50 for protection although it might be a bit overkill in wintertime (in Sweden, bye bye sun). The only con I can think of is that it does not combat shine very well and for combo skin like mine powder is a must, however, this seems to be the case with pretty much every BBcream and foundation I have tried so far. But if you are prone to oily skin this will probably not be a perfect match.