February 27, 2015 | 2048 users online

Hair Color - One 'n Only - Argan Oil Hair Color

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2015 12:07:00 AM More reviews by beckycarlson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best hair color I have ever used. I prefer this to going to a salon. It made my hair feel so conditioned, and unbelievably smooth ! When I was rinsing it out I was amazed at how soft and smooth my hair felt. I waited for it to dry and my hair felt equally amazing ! I am blown away. The color is also beautiful. I use shade 4N, and it turns out just lovely. The color is rich and shiny, with great coverage. Doesn't drip (if mixed properly), doesn't smell bad at all, and rinses out pretty easily. I love the results so much, it is my HG color. It's only $10 too, which is a total steal for how awesome this stuff is. I used mine with the matching One N' Only Argan 20 Volume Developer, which was also super cheap. Having thick, longer hair, I used an entire tube and the entire smaller bottle of developer for my roots + entire head. I can't recommend this color enough !

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2015 10:16:00 PM More reviews by tatumrae

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted this color to cover my grey hair....but it didn't AT ALL!!
I am probably 80% grey and have been coloring my hair for years.
I LOVE Chromatics by Redken but it is getting harder and harder to find and the price keeps going up....so with all the great reviews I thought I would try this. I used 7N only on my roots as I always do and barely any color was deposited on my grey!
So back to Redken it is!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2015 2:25:00 PM More reviews by haynmama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used 5a light ash brown. Didn't irritate my scalp, the chemical smell came out after the first wash. I love that it has 2 applications in 1 package. The color came out great. No red tones & no green or gray cast. Perfect. I usually use loreal's hicolor but I think I like this brand better. HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by salhon

This leaves my hair soft and shiny, and bright. I use the 6RG, a dark, tangerine copper on my level 6-7 brown hair. It comes out very natural. It lasts, doesn't smell too horrible, and is easy to use. I have tried may natural reds from other brands, and this is my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by SapphireJewel21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this hair dye! The color I used basically is a toner as well, I bought the 7A (high lift cool blonde) and it took my medium brassy blonde hair to a light ash blonde. Exactly what I wanted. It also smells good and leaves your hair feeling soft.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Loved10

This hair color faded within a week. I dyed over my highlighted blond hair with a dark golden blonde. I had people asking each time they saw me if I dyed my hair a different color after only dying my hair once. I realized this was because my color was fading terribly. It didn't color my roots so they appeared darker than the rest of my hair. This just didnt work for me. Maybe I should have gone darker, like light brown which is my natural color. I do have to say this hair color and the developer also made by this brand did not burn my scalp or have a strol odor. Overall a MEH experience.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by tashkabosh

Absolutely INCREDIBLE! I bought the med chocolate brown after a horrible bleaching attempt! My hair was burnt, but I used this dye and my hair feels amazing! I feel as though I just conditioned my hair! I love it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Desertvixen22

Best hair dye, EVER! Feels like you're conditioning your hair! Just incredible!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by hisbride53

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been pre-lightening and using various brands of professional hair color and wanted to try one that wouldn't fade and go brassy so easily. I just tried this brand in 9A and it was gorgeous! I am going to try the darker shade, 8A, next. It did not damage my hair at all and didn't fade brassy - at least not as nearly as much as other colors had. The colour looks rich and natural and COOL which is what I wanted! It is a bit more expensive than other brands, though and hard to unwrap. Also, I used a 10 volume peroxide because I had pre-lightened with a combo of lightener and 20 volume peroxide, on scalp. I also used the Argan Oil developer, which I think made it even nicer. I have gotten compliments from everyone including hair dressers, about the colour and how lovely it is! I have cool, skin tones and did not want to have any warmth in the colour as it fades me out.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by RenaeNae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love!
First off, I've been dying my hair red with Loreal Hi Color in Brilliant Red for months. My hair is bleach washed under the red. My natural color is a medium brown but I haven't been natural in years. I tried to put an ash brown box color over the red last week and it just slightly dulled my red and looked awful.
I decided I really just wanted to go back to a natural tone but I had to get rid of the red first. So I went to Sally Beauty Supply for the goods. I got some One n' Only Color Fix to remove all the red as the associate told me it was their best selling color remover. I was having a super hard time figuring out what color would look good after I strip my hair. ( my hair absorbs color and seems to turn black on the ends very easily.) So the associate pointed me towards One n' Only hair color, which was buy one get one free, in the color 5A Light Ash Brown with 20 volume developer. I was skeptical because I've never used a " light" brunette color and the swatch was an awful green looking brown. But I decided to take her advise going with the theory that ash tones cancel reds. I also picked up a packet of the One n' Only moisture mask for after color conditioning.
So... I used one application of the Color Fix for 45 minutes and after processing I was SHOCKED. All the red was gone, my hair was totally light yellow with copper tones throughout. ( Because of the bleaching I had done previous to going red) I did a strand test with the Light Ash Brown at my temple and surprisingly, the color was lighter than I expected with no red tones showing through. :-) The dye mixture was thick and creamy with a pleasant smell for hair dye. Very easy to apply with no dripping.
I did my whole head, roots first, using half the tube ( one application) and it was the perfect amount for my thin shoulder length hair. I processed for 30 minutes.
My color is a gorgeous light ash brown with the slightest bit of copper tones sprinkled throughout, which actually looks good and natural. My hair is even and I just can't get over how much I love this color. Also my hair is soft and really shiney and that's amazing after all I've put it through. I'm so happy that I think I'm going back to Sally's to get more before their BOGO sale ends. This is definitely my new color, I'm hooked!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No