October 26, 2014 | 978 users online

Hair Color - One 'n Only - Argan Oil Hair Color

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Loved10

This hair color faded within a week. I dyed over my highlighted blond hair with a dark golden blonde. I had people asking each time they saw me if I dyed my hair a different color after only dying my hair once. I realized this was because my color was fading terribly. It didn't color my roots so they appeared darker than the rest of my hair. This just didnt work for me. Maybe I should have gone darker, like light brown which is my natural color. I do have to say this hair color and the developer also made by this brand did not burn my scalp or have a strol odor. Overall a MEH experience.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by tashkabosh

Absolutely INCREDIBLE! I bought the med chocolate brown after a horrible bleaching attempt! My hair was burnt, but I used this dye and my hair feels amazing! I feel as though I just conditioned my hair! I love it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Desertvixen22

Best hair dye, EVER! Feels like you're conditioning your hair! Just incredible!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by hisbride53

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been pre-lightening and using various brands of professional hair color and wanted to try one that wouldn't fade and go brassy so easily. I just tried this brand in 9A and it was gorgeous! I am going to try the darker shade, 8A, next. It did not damage my hair at all and didn't fade brassy - at least not as nearly as much as other colors had. The colour looks rich and natural and COOL which is what I wanted! It is a bit more expensive than other brands, though and hard to unwrap. Also, I used a 10 volume peroxide because I had pre-lightened with a combo of lightener and 20 volume peroxide, on scalp. I also used the Argan Oil developer, which I think made it even nicer. I have gotten compliments from everyone including hair dressers, about the colour and how lovely it is! I have cool, skin tones and did not want to have any warmth in the colour as it fades me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by RenaeNae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love!
First off, I've been dying my hair red with Loreal Hi Color in Brilliant Red for months. My hair is bleach washed under the red. My natural color is a medium brown but I haven't been natural in years. I tried to put an ash brown box color over the red last week and it just slightly dulled my red and looked awful.
I decided I really just wanted to go back to a natural tone but I had to get rid of the red first. So I went to Sally Beauty Supply for the goods. I got some One n' Only Color Fix to remove all the red as the associate told me it was their best selling color remover. I was having a super hard time figuring out what color would look good after I strip my hair. ( my hair absorbs color and seems to turn black on the ends very easily.) So the associate pointed me towards One n' Only hair color, which was buy one get one free, in the color 5A Light Ash Brown with 20 volume developer. I was skeptical because I've never used a " light" brunette color and the swatch was an awful green looking brown. But I decided to take her advise going with the theory that ash tones cancel reds. I also picked up a packet of the One n' Only moisture mask for after color conditioning.
So... I used one application of the Color Fix for 45 minutes and after processing I was SHOCKED. All the red was gone, my hair was totally light yellow with copper tones throughout. ( Because of the bleaching I had done previous to going red) I did a strand test with the Light Ash Brown at my temple and surprisingly, the color was lighter than I expected with no red tones showing through. :-) The dye mixture was thick and creamy with a pleasant smell for hair dye. Very easy to apply with no dripping.
I did my whole head, roots first, using half the tube ( one application) and it was the perfect amount for my thin shoulder length hair. I processed for 30 minutes.
My color is a gorgeous light ash brown with the slightest bit of copper tones sprinkled throughout, which actually looks good and natural. My hair is even and I just can't get over how much I love this color. Also my hair is soft and really shiney and that's amazing after all I've put it through. I'm so happy that I think I'm going back to Sally's to get more before their BOGO sale ends. This is definitely my new color, I'm hooked!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by oulaluve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOOOOOOVE this hair color. First thing, I have long hair so I usually have to buy two boxes to cover my whole head. One box is about 6 dollars, less if you have memberships at sallys. One box for 6 dollars covers my whole head because it comes with a tube worth of 2 applications. The color is vibrant is stays on my hair well. After I colored my hair I literally felt like my hair did not go through any chemical process, It actually made me feel like my hair was shiner and softer. It much be because of the argan oil and other ingredients in the dye.
I bought this color this month at sallys and It was a buy one box get one box free. Hurry up before the month ends! You guys wont regret it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by mariefumi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried this for the first time and loved it. I ombred my own hair and it turned out too brassy. I used this along with ardells red gold corrector to tone the brassiness and it turned out perfect. I used dark ash blonde. Will defn use this product again next time!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by shortii53

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used many haircolors before, some much bettre than others. I have naturally medium brown hair. I just bleached my dyed dark brown hair a month before and it was a very golden blond shade. I wanted a lighter, cooler blonde. I used one 'n only in shade 10a, lightest ash blonde, with the one 'n only developer in 30volume. This dye did not dry out my damaged hair. It made it feel very silky. I love that. The shade was nice but did not lift my dyed hair or natural roots as much as I expected it to with a 30 volume and already being a light shade. The gold tones were somewhat muted but still warm. I didn't expect it to go completely ash toned in one dye though. The color barely lifted which was disappointing. The shade was more of a medium blond, maybe parts are light blond. Overall the dye is very nice, as I stated, it did not make my bleached hair any worse off condition so I really like that. The lift wasnt very great but I am always hesitant to use any stronger developer at home since it is sooo damaging and drying. Like others I recommend this dye but if you can, try a shade lighter than what you want.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

This is my first time using One 'n Only hair color. I purchased the shade 5CH Light Chocolate Brown along with One 'n Only 20 developer. Super cheap at Sally Beauty! $10 for one box of color cream and one huge bottle of developer. My normal salon visits for an all over color process is $70. So, I'm pretty impressed with the savings. I do love the performance of this color however it made my hair so dry! So, it does have pros & cons.
PROS: Professional color results. The color saturation from roots to tips were so even and vibrant. The color stayed consistant all throughout my hair. No skips or darker ends. Amazing salon quality. I dyed over a previously salon color which was a chocolate brown. It was pretty faded and my ends were getting pretty brassy looking. I also had about a dozen gray roots showing up. This One 'n Only covered my grays 100% and toned down my brassy ends. I would say this color is a true chocolate brown. It is a warm toned brown but no auburn in it. No brassiness came through which is a huge problem for me. My hair tends to turn brassy with warm hair colors.
CONS: Color depth isn't accurate. This came out more like a medium/dark chocolate brown instead of light. The shade depth is pretty but a bit too dark.
The biggest issue with this dye is how it made my hair feel. My hair was so tangled trying to dry it. I had to use a serum, smoothing cream, heat protectant while styling it. But, my hair still felt crispy so after, I ran a dryer sheet over my hair AND applied body lotion to it to prevent all the flyaways and static I was getting. Hopefully after a few more washes with my sulfate free shampoo when get my hair back to normal. Overall though, I am impressed with the salon quality of the color but I wouldn't repurchase due to the damaging effects.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by willowbreath

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really...REALLY...want to like this color line. The colors are beautiful, I like the argan oil smell, but...it sucks. I've tried it three times because I was willing to assume some user error. I have three issues with it. One - it actually dries my hair out after I use it. Two - the color fades super fast. Three - and the biggest - all three times I've used it, even tonight when doing a deposit only glaze (with 10 volume), it burns my roots one to two shades lighter than the rest of my hair and I have to go back in and do the roots again. Ten volume should not lighten my roots to a shade lighter than they are, especially when I'm using a color that is 2 shades DARKER than my natural color. I've used many different colors on my hair in the past 20 years and I've never had a hair color consistently do this. If it was a half shade I'd give it a pass, since the roots are virgin. However, they should NOT turn a red shade, especially when I am using equal parts neutral brown and chocolate brown. I'm going back to either Ion or Clairol Pro for the time being. I'm super happy it works for others, but it's a bust for me. Le sad.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No