April 20, 2014 | 977 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Spot Concealer

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really dont like this at all so far. I am using it just as a night treatment if it looks like crap on me. I dont have any darkness under my eyes, in fact they are lighter. But I want a face brightener. I used to achieve this look out of using mAybelline dream matte mousse concealer. But it has been discontinued. I saw this at Zellers, over 2 years ago, and knowing it was disconinued in stores. I picked up all 5 little jars that were left!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by drivewayblues

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've only been using this gem for a few days, but so far so good! I use it to cover a few post-pimple picking marks (yes, I know picking is awful) and for some minor dark under eye circles. I personally love the sponge applicator, the coverage is excellent and the concealer blends like a dream! I definitely should have tried this concealer before now!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

Mixed feelings about this one. I really liked the coverage and it blended easily over a tiny spot of melasma on my jawline.
The bad news is that the applicator tip caused it to dry out too quickly. I suspect I will have to break it open to get the rest of the product out of the hard tube. Bummer.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by begxforxmercy

I am getting into the drug store makeup madness. this was the first drug store concealer I have ever purchased. I have to say I really dislike this concealer despite all the fabulous reviews. 1. not a fan of the coverage. very light coverage. watery. 2. hate how it dries my out my under eyes. instead of a dewy finish, it mattifies my under eye even with under eye cream 3. not too fond of the little sponge-I just don't see the point in it. cannot wait to finish the concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

I love this concealer!! I was disappointed with the L'Oreal TruMatch crayon and saw this featured on a YouTube video. The only reason I took away one lipstick was because I can't tell how much product is in the tube and because if you aren't careful you can deposit way more product than you'd like and waste it. But overall it's super easy to travel with, brightens my eye area nicely, and holds so well. It doesn't cake or crease and its really a great product. I would definitely repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by mshtal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this concealer on my daughter's recommendation, that it covers dark circles & is easy to apply. I've tried both "neutralizer" and "brightener", They both work well on my more mature skin, blending nicely; no caking or oiliness. My eyes are small, so I also dab it on the inside & outside corners of each eye to open them up. I've been given many more compliments since using this product. No one notices the fine lines around my eyes, because of my new blending technique. I've read several of the reviews on this product, and find I don't experience some of their concerns. I use a concealer brush by Joe Fresh, and stipple it on under my eyes and around the base of my nose. I follow that with a BB Cream foundation, applied using a foundation brush. Then I use an extremely light powder, MAC Prep & Prime: Colourless pressed powder, (using a kabuki brush), to set the products. I find that using this method, my makeup lasts far longer on my oily skin, before I need to adjust/fix any shininess. I've found that for me, using a brush for each product, instead of using my ring finger or a sponge, makes for a lighter and consistent application & blends into my skin flawlessly.
I would definitely recommend this product to others. PLEASE Maybelline, keep producing this product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by kjmama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Where have you been all my life? You, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Spot Treatment Corrector, are THE under eye concealer I've been searching for. I had tried so many before finding this one. In fact, I stopped wearing concealer under my eyes because it only made me look older and created more issues than the one I was trying to conceal. The ones I tried before this made my under eye area appear crepey, dry, patchy, or worst of all, wrinkly (which, for the record is NOT wrinkley on its own) I tried moisturizing first, using a primer, different application methods, as well as several different formulations. Not one of them performed well. I had resigned myself to the sad reality that I'd have to just accept my dark circles because every concealer I tried only made me look older. On a whim I decided to pick up this gem. I had tried the one that is in a similar package specifically for the under eye and it was not good. In fact, I had tried all the Maybelline concealers- except thos guy! See, I had assumed it was only to treat acne spots and thus wouldn't be suitable for my purpose. I was so wrong! This is the best concealer because:
* It has a creamy consistency
* Offers superb coverage
* Blends easily
* Makes my under eye area look smooth and flawless
* Natural finish
* Non irritating to my sensitive eyes

I also LOVE this for what it doesn't do:
* It doesn't make my under eye area look older
* It isn't drying

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This review is for the shade "NEUTRALIZE". Having had dark under-eye circles most of my life, I am pretty obsessed with concealers and I've tried most of them from high end to low and from sticks to pans to tubes to powders and brush/twisty doodles (think Touche Eclat and its imitators). Lately, to complicate matters, I've been taking a turn around the dance floor with correctors, most notably Bobbi Brown...

But I'd read so many good reviews for Maybelline Age Rewind and I'd been wanting to try it for some time but the absence of testers put me off (it's one of the things I love about Sephora - right now, I'm sampling 3 different Bobbi Brown correctors to try to figure out my best shade). But I'd heard good things about the "Neutralize" shade of Age Rewind so decided to give it a try, figuring that since the instructions advise using concealer overtop, "Neutralize" should work. And I was right - work, it does! This yellow toned concealer really does a good job of neutralizing and also brightening the look of my under-eye area. It applies so nicely and, for the most part, the funny little "dabber" does a pretty good job of blending/stippling this into my skin. I can understand that a lot of people are concerned about hygiene issues and I'm also concerned that a number of people have had the whole thing stop working/dispensing product and these are both valid concerns; I am keeping my fingers crossed! But this is why I've given a low rating for packaging (I'd much prefer a squeeze tube and I would use my own brushes or sponges).

I do find that after using this, I don't actually need a separate concealer - just applying my foundation overtop gives enough coverage. And this concealer applies beautifully and doesn't settle into lines or make my eye area look dry. So it is a really nice product for a reasonable price.

***Maybellline seems to have 2 slightly different products with the same name. The one I've written my review for is the one in a clear tube rather than the white one shown above.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by diggitybomb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE THIS STUFF!! dark circles are not a big issue for me, but this did a good job making me look more awake. plus its easy to put on :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by JeanLE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried tons of different concealers, from expensive to cheap. I have a dark spot on my cheek in a noticeable spot. I tried this and it is awesome! I love the sponge tip applicator and it covers the spot perfectly. The light shade matches my skin tone exactly. I just bought my 2nd tube, can't beat this.