July 30, 2014 | 1721 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Spot Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 4:39:00 AM More reviews by Casshew

The reviews for this are kind of spotty but I decided to try it. I picked up the version that didn't have the treatment (treatment is in white packaging and regular is in the purple) in neutralizer. The packaging actually says that neutralizer is for you to use under a regular shade if you have really intense dark circles but it actually matches my skin tone really well (mac nc20). I'm kind of leery about the sponge tip applicator but if there ends up being any problems with hygiene it seems pretty easy to rip out and just use the concealer; either way, they claim that the sponge is anti-microbial. The sponge itself is soft and easy to apply with, and I just use my fingers to blend the concealer in after. I haven't yet had the need to leave it on the whole day so I'm not too sure how long it lasts, but it doesn't feel like there will be problems.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Idontknow10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wasnt a big fan of this product. I have some dark undereye circles and was recommended this product. I used it and i didnt like how hard it was to get the product out onto the sponge. I also found that when applied it was hard to blend because of the thick consistency.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

I have used the regular concealer just under the Age rewind in the lightest shade as an under eye brightener and a highlighter for other areas. I went to this to hide some nasty age spots starting to appear along my jawline. I do chemical skin peels and use spf 30 on my face but in between I still get those buggers showing up. I went with the shade medium/deep because even though my skin is lighter I'm trying to coverup not highlight. I'll say this again because I'm sure it's exactly the same as the other product. The applicator is one of the most frustrating, aggravating, stupid mechanisms I've ever dealt with and they seem to be getting worse. In the last year I have had no less than 3 of these break so they will not twist up leaving me no choice but to break open the tube and put the product in a lip gloss pot to use with a brush. IT's a mess and for $8-10 for a drugstore product it should work better. However, when it does work it's perfect to port around and the product even though liquid is thick enough to stick where you put it. Quick tip for those who ick out at the sponge tip. If you use the beauty blender cleaner (in the pot) you can swipe this around it and let it dry on it's side and it cleans up very well. Just don't tip it upright or you will get water down in the product.
Anyway I lightly dab this a few times on the area I want to conceal and then I use my finger to blend around it. My foundation then goes over the top and I don't see the spot nor the product. For me it's doing the job and if it will lighten those spots even better. Not a HG but I will continue to repurchase unless something better and easier comes up.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by vballgirl8981

I have been using this for two weeks now and I am absolutely in love. this is literally the only product I use on my face nowadays. before this, i used to use rimmel's match perfection concealer and maybellines cover stick on top of bigger blemishes/spots. now that i have been recommended this by a friend, i am in love. this claims to help lighten dark spots that could be caused by acne, and I do notice a slight difference after my use. whenever I go for a run, i always take off my makeup (face makeup at least). now I am actually pretty comfortable with going out bare face as I think my dark spots have lightened up and my skins getting a lot better with my skincare routine. i actually really like the applicator as well. its easy to use especially during my rushed mornings. the application is easy and its easily blendable. the coverage is pretty good especially for a drug store concealer and conceals anything that I want..i would say this concealer is a light-medium coverage. one thing I dont like is how I cant see how much product I have left in the packaging so I can tell when I need to stock up. other than that i love this and will continuing using it, until I suddenly discover something better. (btw I havent used my rimmel one since I first started using this...)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Bellarose3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

FRUSTRATING! I have spent 20 min turning this to get product to come out & still nothing. And bc of the way it is, I can't even get at it another way. If anyone has suggestions on how to open, I'd appreciate it! I've tried clicking slowly & just spinning it around. So, not sure about if it works or not & I cannot return to to the place I bought it either :-(

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by kaylakellii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm so disappointed that this product doesn't come in darker shades. I have tanned olive skin and even I found the darkest shade far too light! Fifty shades of beige more like... I would recommend this product only as an under eye brightener. Doesn't work AT ALL for blemishes unless you fancy highlighting every spot instead of concealing it. Wonderful creamy consistency but the sponge applicator strikes me as rather unhygienic and pretty gross. In Australia, expect to shell out around $19 for this concealer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by SapphireRoses80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've already used 2 of these up and am on my third purchase now. I have the one that brightens and illuminates. I don't use it anywhere except for under my eyes where I have a little puffiness in the mornings, dark circles, and slight wrinkles. I love that this smooths everything out without creeping into fine lines and it covers my dark circles leaving the illusion of a well rested face. I'm a medium tan/deep skin tone and the brightener/illuminator may seem too stark or white for someone with my skin tone, don't let that stop you from using it. Once it's blended out and your foundation is applied on top of it, that's when you'll notice how amazing this stuff really is. People at work always say I look well rested and bright eye'd when in actuality I only get 4-5 hours a sleep every night. Some concealers can accentuate puffiness and wrinkles but the age rewind concealer works wonders against hiding under eye flaws.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by jessicapereira1691

I really wanted to like this product but I could not. First the applicator is terrible it takes me forever to turn the nozzle for product to come out. It is also very drying on my blemishes, and the worst is that they need to make more shades, I picked the lightest shade which I believe was Fair and it was so orangy on my face, looked like an ompa loompa.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this in light. It looks very orange on my skin and honestly the coverage isn't that great. I'm going back to my dream lumi touch when this runs out... Which I won't know ahead of time because of the packaging!

Not impressed at all.

EDITED: Pulled this back out after getting a little more color in my face this summer. The color match is much better and I'm actually loving this now (weird!) when I set it with my Bare Minerals Mineral Veil. Not sure if I'd repurchase... but I like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really dont like this at all so far. I am using it just as a night treatment if it looks like crap on me. I dont have any darkness under my eyes, in fact they are lighter. But I want a face brightener. I used to achieve this look out of using mAybelline dream matte mousse concealer. But it has been discontinued. I saw this at Zellers, over 2 years ago, and knowing it was disconinued in stores. I picked up all 5 little jars that were left!