January 31, 2015 | 1192 users online

Moisturizers - Fresh - Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream With Super 7 Complex

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2015 10:48:00 AM More reviews by brawlassie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

My HG moisturizer! I've spent so much time and money trying to find one that worked with my combo to oily, acne-prone skin. This is the stuff! No irritation at all, it's light but can be applied heavier at night, absorbs SUPER fast, and it doesn't leave my face the least bit shiny or oily. I use it both at night and during the day under my makeup. It smells soft and unobtrusive, like lotus flowers and cucumbers! Plus gorgeous, heavy, frosted glass packaging. 100% worth the $42 price tag. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS STUFF!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2015 11:00:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product does have an odd scent, like cucumbers, but it's not unpleasant. It doesn't bother me at all, and it dissipates once the product has been absorbed into my skin. I find that a small amount moisturizes my dry skin really well, and my skin feels smooth and soft. My makeup applies beautifully over it with and without a primer. It doesn't bother my skin as some reviewers have mentioned, no stinging or burning, unless I've used an intensive, probably bad product for my skin, clay mask before applying it. I have very, very sensitive skin, and I've not had issues as long as I'm not doing anything to irritate my skin before applying it. I love this moisturizer, and I will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2015 12:07:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a pretty big sample jar of this from Sephora last year and was pleasantly surprised by how good it was, especially for the price - a full sized 1.7 oz. jar is $42, which is fairly inexpensive compared to other mid/high-end skincare sold at Sephora. Between a vicious winter and my face peeling off in sheets from Tazorac, my skin was a red, flaky, irritated mess that still managed to be oily. I tried a bunch of different creams but they still proved to be too heavy and didn't help the irritation at all. This Fresh cream, however, both soothed and moisturized my skin instantly without making it greasy. The texture is great as it's heavy enough for nighttime (for combo/oily skin - normal/dry skin may need something more substantial in the winter) but light enough to wear under makeup during the day. I took a lipstick off just because I don't think it "boosted radiance", nor can I say it "prevents the signs of aging" but it's an excellent moisturizer overall.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by lovemylife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Too bad this didn't work for me. The texture was pretty nice, and it absorbed quickly. But I had the same problem as the MUAer below. It burned and stung after application - I didn't think I had particularly sensitive skin, but this made my skin pink and irritated. I tried it at night, and in the morning, I had little red bumps.

I'm pretty sure it's either from this moisturizer alone, or the combination of this moisturizer and the oil I used (Algenist). The Algenist on its own, and with other moisturizers was fine, however.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So far, not so good. I've been using this product for about five nights now. One thing I have noticed is it really burns and stings when I first put it on… Not something I'd like to feel in a face moisturizer. My face feels warm for a few minutes after I put it on. Additionally, despite some of the other reviews of this product, I don't find it super moisturizing. It doesn't feel heavy at all and absorbs really quickly into my skin… Perhaps too quickly. My skin is looking splotchy and I have a weird rough patch on my cheek. So maybe this product doesn't agree with me. I'm going to try it for another week or so and update my review.

Also… Not a fan of the packaging. The product claims to have antioxidants in it, which is great, but jar packaging completely destroys these antioxidants. Once they are exposed to air, they won't really work.

Update: not very moisturizing, still burns, and broke me out!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by flyingwind66

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this in a set with the Soy Face Cleanser, Lotus Eye Cream and Rose Face Mask and used the entire line for about 10 days.

I love the texture, it feels nice, it goes on smooth and it absorbs fast. I feel like it works as a moisturizer.

Except... the smell! It smells like rotting cucumbers... like the face cleanser the smell is just awful.

I have often talked about how much I hate having to dip into a pot for my moisturizers... this is no exception... why is it that more moisturizers do not come in a pump bottle for sanitation??

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by SakuraBlossom4

Yet another product from Fresh that has saved my skin and given me a flawless complexion in my 20's after years of suffering from acne, redness and enlarged pores.
This moisture cream is amazing, it is light but penetrating and I do find it does moisturize for as long as it says it does.
I use it twice a day and I have been for a year now, I know for a fact that I will not move on to something different any time soon; it helps with dark spots, redness, dryness, pores, and flakiness.
It smells green and fresh, very much like I imagine a lotus smells like; pure and heady but not overwhelming, the texture is like a velvety cream/gel that's not too heavy but also gives your skin the drink of moisture it needs.
I would highly recommend for any skin type if you're looking for your Holy Grail moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

I used the lotion version of this.
It was scented but not a heavy scent at all.
It felt light on the skin, absorbed quickly, did not feel sticky or heavy.
It actually did not make me more shiny which was surprising because so far every single moisturizer I have ever used makes me super greasy but my oily skin actually likes this.
If it was not so expensive I would probably keep using this but since it does not contain spf or oil controlling I have no need for this in my routine. If I want just a moisturizer I want it to be an anti-wrinkle night serurm and for day time I want it to have at least spf if nothing else.
I will likely buy again just not in the near future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite daytime moisturizer. It is hydrating without being overly greasy, and gives a plumped, luminous, healthy look to the skin. I purchased it after trying a sample for a few days. I had forgotten I was using it, and looked in the mirror after 2 days of using it and thought "why is my skin looking so good, what am I doing differently?" Then I remembered - this day cream! I immediately purchased the full size jar (and have repurchased since then) and am still pleased with the cream.
I apply it after cleansing and toning and before my sunscreen and makeup. I do not use it at night, as it's not heavy/moisturizing enough for a night cream for me - but if you are in your teens or early to mid 20s with oily skin, it likely would make a very nice night cream for you.
Right now I am using the Fresh Lotus day face lotion they just released, and am not pleased with that - it does nothing for my skin. Will be going back to this cream when I'm done.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at Sephora when my usual moisturizer was out of stock. Big mistake. For the amount of moisture this gives you skin--which is average I'd say--it feels very thick. It doesn't absorb into my skin immediately and feels very heavy and almost like a cream before it finally sinks in.

In the winters I'm willing to deal with the heaviness of a cream for the extra moisture since I live in a cold climate, but this moisturizer doesn't give you that. In the summers, I'd much rather go for something lighter in consistency to get the same amount of moisture.