August 30, 2014 | 1645 users online

Lip Gloss - Physicians Formula - Sexy Booster - Sexy Glow Glossy Stain

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by wowotakubaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

The color is absolutely gorgeous, and I'm a fan of the texture and the smell. The taste is a bit off but if you're trying to taste your lip gloss that was never said to have a flavor, you have a problem.. It goes on really smooth and moisturizing, I can definitely see myself wearing this a lot.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by bonjus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't understand all the negative reviews for this lippie. I got this in the hot pink color, and the color is gorgeous. I don't believe all the sexy boosting crap, but the scent is lovely. A light vanilla. But most of all, the texture is amazing. Non sticky, non oily. It is light and refreshing to put on. I took off one lippy for the staying power. It doesn't last as long as they claim, but I still had a light stain of color after lunch. I also love the cute packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by broomstickwaladania

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pretty terrible. Too bad, because the effect is nice, but the taste and smell are AWFUL. Tried to wear it a couple of times, but it makes me gag. Also, the packaging is terrible quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by callwood

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't understand how anyone can wear this. The colours are bright but quite nice BUT the smell/taste is truly awful - I had to run to the bathroom to wash it off, and still i could taste it, like melting plastic mixed with fake rose. I had to throw it in the bin today as i had it in my reject draw for a couple of months and thought "hmmm, this looks nice, why don't i wear this??" I quickly remembered why, sent me running again to the bathroom cursing Physicians Formula and my bad memory in equal doses.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by kellyloveskats

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the most vile lippy I have ever used. I would have been better off using a dayglo hot pink Sharpie marker...the color is the same, and the Sharpie smells better. I couldn't get the stench out of my nostrils even after I had long since wiped it off and replaced it with another product that smelled better and covered up the radioactive glowing stain. Blech.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by VidaSuicide

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my favorite lip colour! It's a creamy, non-sticky gloss in a universally flattering shade with a lovely scent and flavour. As far as I can tell, the "sexy booster" part is actually true! ;) I spent years looking for a red lip colour that didn't scare me. I always wanted to try one but they were always too bright or too dark. Red lip colour is a very intimidating thing! Especially because I always do a dark, dramatic - usually smokey - eye makeup. In modelling I've heard several times that you do either a dramatic eye or a dramatic lip, but not both. With the apparent exception of smokey black eyes and sexy red lips. I always wanted to try matching the two but it proved to be not as simple as just putting them on and there you go. I figured a tinted lipgloss would be a better idea than a lipstick. It's not as scary, easier to wipe off, and less of a commitment. But finding a tinted gloss with a good colour is also impossible. The Sexy Booster display caught my eye and I walked past it every day for aa week or so before I had enough money - and the balls - to buy the lipgloss and the bronzer. With the rebate sticker, it's actually not that bad. You end up with like a third or fourth off. You just have to make sure you keep your receipt to send in for the rebate! For me, this lipgloss was totally worth it! It makes me feel sexy. The colour lasts a long time, and also withstands light making out. ;) Paying that much for a lipgloss feels heinous but for what it does ((which is, in my opinion, everything listed on the back of the box)) and the use you'll get out of it, it's a nice little splurge to make yourself feel good. :D I've had mine for a couple months now and there's still lots left in there. I'm already eyeing up the display to buy more.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As far as trusting PF's products, I always have. Cruelty-free, good ingredients and a decent drugstore price-altho on the higher end. I chose the red stain. I'm a blonde with full lips and believe me, we're talking blue-red, matte-type finish, hello there red lips. The stain doesn't stay put which is a disappointment for the price, but then again, how long should it? A few hours I'd say, no feathering. The doe-foot applicator makes it super easy to apply, even to make yourself a bow mouth or accentuate your own shape. It has a cooling feel when applied with a slight scent that's not overpowering. I tried it out of curiosity to try a stain, but much prefer a lipstick feel. For the price point, it's probably on an equal to higher end products. I have tried the Sexy Booster line and do I feel sexier? Only if the makeup is working to my advantage. If it's not or the wrong color? Hell, no.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this in red yesterday at CVS, for $10.49, with a $7 EB rewards. The coupons had been pulled from the 2 remaining packages. This is a lovely, soft red. Transfer is slight, and bright fuschia. I've had it on for an hour or so now, and it is spottily wearing off, having drank only water and nothing to eat. I'm on the fence about this one.
Update: This turns from pretty red to bright fuchsia. I'll pass-this isn't the 80's.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up yesterday at CVS for $11 and change after trying on one of the YSL gloss stains at Sephora. I loved the YSL one, but $34 is a bit more than I'm willing to shell out for a lip product, no matter how nice it is.
I had seen this at CVS the other day and was curious about it, but having not done much research on gloss stains, I decided not to pick it up. But I'm glad I went back.
I grabbed the red shade and so far I really like it. The red is perfect - bright and true, and the color definitely stays put pretty well. There's some transfer, but it wears for a long time. It doesn't stay particularly glossy (like a glassy texture), but it's got a nice sheen to it that is a nice alternative to the matte dark lip colors that I usually go for.
I've not had much feathering (very surprising), and I'm sure there would be none if I used a liner of some kind.
It's quite moisturizing. No flaking or cracking lips here!
The claims that it "boosts sexiness" or whatever are sort of bollocks since people have been claiming for years that their cosmetics have pheromones in them, but I think that's a load of g/immicky rubbish. It smells nice, yes (slight vanilla - a step up from the overpowering, never-fading rose-like scent of the YSL gloss stains), but there's nothing about it that makes me think of doing the grownup. The color is bold and makes me feel confident, so maybe that's what they mean about boosting the sexy. Whatever.
Packaging is cute and the pointed, paddle-like doe-foot applicator is wonderful for precise application.
At normally $13, it's a bit of an investment for a drugstore product, but considering how much high PF products run than normal drugstore, it's comparable to the rest of the brand. The trick is finding a good sale.
So yes. This lippie is lovely. I might have to explore the hot pink shade as well, though it looks more like a bright rose color in the photos I've seen online. Never hurts to try it out!

EDIT 7/19/13: Finally picked up the bright pink color! It's lovely! It's not a neon pink at all. It's more of a gorgeous bright berry color. Absolutely wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by bunnibun

Just bought this today, CVS is having a 50% sale! Its a great red, feels very light on the lips, almost don't feel that i have this stain on. Not sticky, the smell is okay, I can tolerate it. Love the packaging, way to go PF, they are stepping things up with their products, wouldn't pay full price though, always overpriced. One of the favorite drugstore lip stains. FYI, it won't stay on your lips all day, but it leaves a nice stain, you can reapply though. What the problem is.