September 2, 2014 | 1216 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Pro Longwear - Black Ice

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Ch1zz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i have oily skin around eye area. this eyeliner can stay around 6 hours for indoor activity, stay around 4 hours if im sweating (doing activity). but this is totally not waterproof nor water resistant. not recommended for bride. i wear this for swimming and its instantly makes me looks like panda!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this eyeliner. It goes on really nice and pops my eyes everytime I wear it. I like how it applies. It's not to stiff where you have to work with it to get color, but it's not too soft where you make mistakes. The only cons to this is having to sharpen it and the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by annikarey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wore this for a concert, and noticed that it smeared overnight. It appeared fine when I put it on three hours before. The Pro Longwear did the opposite that it was supposed to do! The smearing made me think that I could use it as an eyeshadow instead. I will never buy this again, and threw the product away after two uses! What a waste!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by JMG2012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have finally found an eyeliner that I can use under my eyes that does not smudge and stays put. I have had a long, not so pretty history of raccoon eyes from both mascara and eyeliner and thanks to MAC eyeliner in black ice, Chanel liquid eyeliner and TF Mascara...I am saved from the eternal raccoon eyes. I do set my MAC eyeliner with translucent powder.

I feel like a lot of product is wasted during sharpening and since it is $19.50 and I use it every day---well this can be depressing and costly all at the same time.

It actually works so well that I have hard time removing it at night but I discovered Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm and the problem is solved.

I buy 2 eyeliners every time I have to repurchase...

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by dyssa0

i HATE this, yes it stay on, and that is it. It is a pain to apply, i have to apply and apply over and over to get the color..the consistency is terrible, not creamy, not easy to apply

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by kaiyrah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'd given up on wearing pencil eyeliners before I found Pro Longwear in Black Ice. All the others smudged on me - Stila, UD 24/7, and pretty much all of the drugstore "non-smudge" pencil eyeliners. This goes on at 6 am and doesn't budge until I remove it. It's not the blackest black there is, but hey, you can't win 'em all. I have really disgustingly oily skin and eyelids and I live in a tropical climate, so not many makeup products pass the makeup meltdown test - this one does a hundred times over. My favorite everyday look recently is some beige-peach shadow on the lid, Black Ice flicked out into a cat-eye on the upper lashline and Pro Longwear in Powerline smudged under the lower lashline.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this pencil in the color "rich experience" which is a dark brown/black. I am between a rock and a hard place on this pencil honestly. I suffer from watery eyes, and I cannot use regular liner anywhere near my tear duct or water line without it ending up all over my lower eyelid.

This liner does stay on, but it does not look good after a couple of hours. It looks patchy when my eyes start to water a little, so it is not 100% waterproof. I feel the need to touch up often. Also, I feel that it takes a little longer to get the color pay off I want with this pencil than with others. It is disappointing.

Also, it is expensive. I paid like $20 for this pencil. You waste product when you have to sharpen it, and honestly, I have been using gel liner a long time and just do not love pencils anymore. The only problem with gel liner is that is definitely runs if it is near my water line. So, I guess I would repurchase this because at least this doesnt bleed out all under my eyes...but....if something better and cheaper comes along and works better I will not buy this pencil again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Sarahsponda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use gel eyeliner so I only use this pencil for tight lining, and it works amazingly.(stays put longer than most) if this is what you're using it for, I suggest you tightline your water lines and then do it once more when your make up is all finished and it should stay put for hours on end ;) js

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by rachvt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I don't understand why this is marketed as "Longwear" when it smudges after just 3 hours. Needs sharpening. Too creamy to be "longwear" for my oily lids. I was a bit sceptical when the sales assistant recommended it to me when I asked for a longwearing eyeliner pencil, because it was very creamy in texture and I just had a feeling creamy will mean it will smudge easily. I turned out to be right.

Too bad I trusted the Sales Assistant's advice. What a waste of 16.50. A very expensive waste. I have since discovered the amazing Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner and that one doesn't smudge a single bit and costs nearly 5 lesser than this crappy eyeliner pencil from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Neidyxoxo

MAC's pro longwear eyeliner in black ice is absolutely amazinggg! It is the onlyy eyeliner that will stay on my bottom waterliner the WHOLE day. I apply it at 7am and it stays put through 5hours in school and another 5hours at work right after. The color is very intense, and easy to apply. The only downside is the packaging; Alot of it goes to waste when trying to sharpen it. It is also pricey for a pencil but i think it is definitely worth it.