Dior Diorskin Nude BB Creme

3.7

AQUA (WATER) - METHYL TRIMETHICONE - DIMETHICONE - ALCOHOL - PEG 9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE - BUTYLENE GLYCOL - PHENYL TRIMETHICONE - ISODODECANE - ACRYLATES / DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER - SILICA - GLYCERIN - PHENOXYETHANOL - ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE - DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER - MICA - SODIUM MYRISTOYL GLUTAMATE - STEARIC ACID - DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE - TOCOPHERYL ACETATE - CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT - PROPYLENE CARBONATE - TETRASODIUM EDTA - PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) - MALTODEXTRIN - BHT - ASPALATHUS LINEARIS LEAF EXTRACT - SERICIN - LINALOOL - LIMONENE - BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL - HIBISCUS SABDARIFFA FLOWER EXTRACT - RHODOCHROSITE EXTRACT - MALVA SYLVESTRIS (MALLOW) EXTRACT - HYDROLYZED LINSEED EXTRACT - CITRONELLOL - BALANITES ROXBURGHII SEED OIL - CITRIC ACID - POTASSIUM SORBATE - SORBIC ACID - AJUGA TURKESTANICA EXTRACT. MAY CONTAIN: CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) - CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) - CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).

on 3/5/2015 4:34:00 PM

I really want to love this product, I like the natural coverage and the color 002 is a good match for my skintone, but I noticed that it clogged my pores and broke me out after 2 days using it :(.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is the best BB cream I've tried, but the whole BB cream just doesn't work for me in general with my oily/acne prone skin at 35. I gave this to my mother and she loves it for casual days when she doesn't want the trouble of a full face routine. I think it's gorgeous on her, and honestly she looks younger with it on than a heavy foundation. On me it covered my uneven skin tone, helped with post acne marks, and it didn't break me out or oxidize, but by hour 2 it was too greasy on me. And I had to build the coverage to cover redness. I think the hype of BB creams are just that really. I don't think this did anything to help my skin whatsoever, and for a more natural look I prefer Laura Mercier foundations.

I recommend this for dry skin types or combination only. And if you just want to try it and you're break out prone, don't worry with this one, but don't expect a miracle product either. I'm super sensitive and literally everything breaks me out, but this didn't, so at least there's that .. I'm giving it 3 lippies just because it is the best BB cream I've tried.

on 2/10/2015 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a great BB cream. It suits my skin colouring and makes my skin look fantastic. Natural but better.

The downsides are price and that it doesn't last super long on the skin, but that's also because of my skin's natural oiliness.

When I take it off, my skin does seem to look pretty good still, au natural.

on 1/4/2015 1:40:00 PM

I have tried just about every BB cream out there from US to Korean to Japanese...(you'll find my reviews all of MA). This was my 3rd Dior BB cream: I've tried this, Hydralife, and Diorsnow.

The fact that this only has SPF 10 - I can't decide if I like this or hate it. I like that you could wear it out at night and you won't get that flashback in pictures if you don't need to have SPF, and I wear moisturizer that has a better SPF, but still...I feel like it should have better since a BB cream is supposed to be multifunction and take out steps and no one in the past decade or more would say 10 SPF is enough...I digress...

I first put this on it was pretty creamy. I have natural freckles and this allowed them to shine through. I dabbed it around my faced and then blended it in with my fingers. At first the 002 seemed too warm toned, almost peachy. This was very light in coverage too at first. I specifically wore this to Sephora so I could switch it out if it wasn't right for me since I bought it online.

Fast forward a few hours and I got 3 compliments on my skin. It ended up sealing down a bit more to have better coverage (a light/medium) and gave a nice even skin tone to me. But, this would not cover acne or imperfections.

Given the name, it does what it says. If you are into just the no makeup look and want just better looking skin (and great at that), this is a great choice. I do not think though that this would replace my foundation for special occasions.

I have this in shade 002 and have almost used the entire tube since purchasing about a year ago (I don't use this everyday which is why it's lasted this long). I'm around an NC25/30 with yellow/olive undertones and my skin can sometimes appear dull without foundation. Shade 002 is a little too light and peachy for an exact match, but I like how it brightens up my skin and doesn't oxidize throughout the day. On that note, the application tends to last the entire day on me. The texture is more of a liquid than a cream which dries down to a semi-matte finish. I believe this has some alcohol in it which helps it dry quickly, but I found the formula to be a little too drying on my combination/dehydrated skin type, which is why I stopped wearing it as my daily foundation. It does have a light fragrance but it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Coverage is sheer to medium and it does a nice job of concealing pores and evening my skin out. The product comes in a plastic tube with a pump applicator which is very convenient and clean for travel and daily use, and I only need about 1 to 1 1/2 pumps for my entire face. The best application for me has been to use my beauty blender sponge or fingers and it wears well over sunscreen. And since it is on the drier side, I usually set only my t-zone with powder when wearing this. I haven't noticed any skin improvements as one would expect from its claims as a BB cream, and it is on the pricier side which is why I won't be purchasing again once I use it up.

on 12/18/2014 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Me: NW15, combination skin leaning dry, very sensitive, clog-prone.

I don’t buy into the belief that BB creams have or should have any skincare benefits; I judge this one by the same criteria I’d apply to any tinted moisturiser or light foundation. This one doesn’t purport to take care of the skin, only to refine it. Dior describes this as a “nude glow skin-perfecting beauty balm” and I think it lives up to those claims.

This product has more coverage than the typical tinted moisturiser. It’s buildable on me: one layer provides light coverage, enough to even out skintone and blur any blemishes. A second layer covers minor-to-middling imperfections without the need for concealer and imparts a lovely, healthy, pretty glow. I have a couple of spots of hyperpigmentation on my chin/jaw from past blemishes and although it doesn’t obscure them completely, it has great light-diffusing properties so they really aren’t noticeable. The finish is satin and flawless; I do need to powder my T zone when using this (I’m not oily but can get a little shiny in this area as the day goes on), but I would expect that with anything but a matte foundation. It drags a little when applied over dry patches. It won't emphasise them but probably isn't emollient enough for dry skin. The wear throughout the day is good. I have gotten 12 hours out of it before worn without primer, but with a light moisturiser: impressive for my skin, which tends to drink foundations. I find it applies most naturally with fingers.

I have the shade 01 (of three I believe, there need to be more options for darker skin) which is a good match for my NW15 skintone, if a little too pink (pink-beige foundations rather than all-out pink suiting me better) but would be too light on anyone much darker than that and likely too dark for anyone lighter. The next shade up, 02, is quite yellow-toned and at least NC20, probably darker. Clearly Dior needs to improve its colour selection in this line. The packaging is minimal but appealing: a shimmery nude-pink tube with a pump dispenser that is very functional, I’ve had no problems with it and the tube is designed in such a way that you know when you’re running low on product. One pump gets out more than I’d use for my whole face, but I like to apply any foundation in light layers. Used in this way most days of the week a single tube has lasted me around a year and a half.

This does have SPF10 (obviously nothing replaces sunscreen) but I find it gives little or no flashback in flash photography. I wore it for my wedding and my skin looked great, not ghostly at all, but I am pretty fair to begin with. Please do test shots if you’re hoping to use this for a special occasion.

My skin is extremely sensitive and I was worried about the relatively high level of alcohol in this product but I haven’t found it irritating at all, nor does it give me the sensitivity rash that I can see but not feel that some products do. No breakouts either. Dior has tried to mitigate the smell of the alcohol by adding a fairly strong floral scent: again this doesn’t bother my skin and normally would but it you’re sensitive to fragrances or alcohol, please try a sample.

Writing about this foundation has made me realise how fond I am of it. I recommend it to anyone of a similar skintype (not much oilier – too dewy - and not a lot drier – probably too drying/not emollient enough) and tone. It hasn’t sated my curiosity about other light foundations, tinted moisturisers or BB creams, but I would absolutely buy again. UK price £30/30ml (fair to me).

on 12/3/2014 2:38:00 PM

I just picked this up the other day (Nordstrom) - the 002 one which is I think the middle one in the pictures here (?) along with the Glow Maximizer primer, the 002 beige nude concealer and the applicator brush she used on me in the store which appears to have an 11 on it. It wasn't cheap but I don't wear foundation every day so it didn't seem that bad under the circumstances and besides the results are frankly worth it for me. Skip the next 2 paragraphs if you aren't interested my history..

I have medium or combination skin, leaning toward dry, especially in winter (bought it in winter). To be honest, I'm 45 and have gone most of my life not wearing foundation. I've always have it and get sucked into buying it but then rarely use it just cause until recently my skin didn't have a lot of issues. So I mainly only wore it to fairly big events. I've always had fair skin but in the last 5 or 10 years it's darkened slightly which is why #2 works best for me. While not a big fan of foundation, I've always used some other things: darken/fill in my eyebrows using a brow brush, and used Mac eyeshadows, mascara, brush-shadow liner and the occasional bronzing powder to get the sun-kissed look. Only sharing all this to give you an idea of the type of makeup-wearer I am which is that I go for the natural look but definitely need it to make my eyes stand out a little.

Ok so what's happening now is lovely, lovely AGE. There are more lines, more shadows, more here and there blotchy things that could stand to be evened out a bit. I just look tired, and 40-something. :( So when I was at Nordstrom perfume-shopping and unhappy with the mirror I came across, I asked the woman helping me where I should go to get the best foundation. She said she's tried almost every product out there and took me to the Dior counter claiming that's what she uses herself. We decided we'd do regular foundation on one side and bb cream one the other to decide which I prefer. She matched the color, cleaned my face and I told her only to put on a basic cream (no antioxidant stuff etc.) and the primer beforehand only cause that's all I do at home (I remembered primers help a lot) and I wanted it to be the most like it'll be at home (fyi I use: Kiehl's liquid face soap, Clinique clarifying astringent #2 and Kiehl's face cream for the face, then for the eyes I use Dr. Dennis Gross's Triple Correction eye serum on the lids and Kiehl's avocado eye cream under the eyes).

I was surprised she didn't use a sponge to apply this stuff but the brush method felt good and the results were pretty impressive. Why haven't I been doing this for years?! It was near impossible to tell the difference between the two sides but in the end the side with the bb cream seemed a bit more natural while not looking at all like there was less coverage. If aging didn't happen so damned rapidly in the 40's, I'd say I looked 10 years younger but to be honest I looked 5 or 6 years younger and at 45, that's significantly younger looking! ;) Sorry to be so down on the whole age thing but I'm deep in the loss right now!

Lastly, the other two reasons I went with the bb cream: I only wear "foundation" when going to an event, so don't need it to last all day; and when wearing it outside I think a more natural look in such bright light is a good thing, not to mention the spf.

on 12/1/2014 10:17:00 PM

I really really love this BB cream. One of the best I've ever tried. It is hydrating, doesn't even look like I am wearing bb cream yet gives me a light to medium coverage, and it is really blendable. One down side is that the shade that I have, 001, is a little too pink for my skin. I have very fair skin with a warm undertone,(NC15-NC20), so I prefer something with a yellow undertone. But overall I really really love this BB cream.

on 11/25/2014 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product was almost really exceptional. The consistency is a bit thick but blends like a dream. It melts almost instantly without leaving any trace of bb cream sitting on top of your pores. It provides a light coverage, letting your freckles shine through but covering any minor redness and marks. The only downside to this product is that it makes my skin really oily after just 2-3 hours!! It feels gross too. Not to mention the heart-sinking price tag. I hope they develop a sister product to this that is targeted mainly for combo to oily skin. :-( such a shame.

on 9/7/2014 3:08:00 PM

This product is awesome! Works perfectly on my combo skin. Leaves a flawless finish and lasts the whole day.