April 16, 2014 | 2079 users online

Cleansers - Yes To Carrots - Yes to grapefruit correct and repair brightening facial towelettes

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by supafob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this on Target clearance 2 packs x each with 25 Towelettes for $6-7. I mainly used this for those lazy days i dont wear makeup and I don't want to wash my face at night with cleansing oil. Really lazy days.

Likes:
- grapefruit scent: truly invigorating
- re-sealable plastic lid: really helps keep towels moist. I hate when that "re-sealable" sticker stops working once u open/close it a handful of times.
- textured towels: surprisingly feels nice on the skin, makes u feel like u are really scrubbing the oil off your face, but still soft and gentle.

Dislikes:
-effectiveness as a cleanser to remove makeup: this only does its job if you aren't wearing any makeup or just moisturizer/SPF. I've tried using the towel to wipe off day and night makeup and it takes a lot of scrubbing for makeup to come off. The size of the towelettes is larger than most other brands, but you will definitely need every inch of that to take off makeup. At least it's still gentle on your skin. But I was still unsure if it removed all my makeup so I cleansed again with my Shu Uemura cleansing oil (guaranteed clean after use).

As far as correcting, repairing, and brightening goes... :: shrug ::

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by eyeheartyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tired all of the Yes To... facial towelettes except for the Tomato and I dislike all of them. All of them left my face red but this one was the worst one because it made my face burn and the burning sensation lasted for well over half an hour and left my face red for over an hour. My skin is not particularly sensitive which is why this baffled me. I have only encountered a problem like this once before and it was from a prescribed acne medication. This product also has a weird scent, it smells like grapefruit baby powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by oilyteen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

These are great for the morning when I don't have lots of time i don't use them everyday because I feel there a little too acidic I actually will slash water on my face right after I use one, but there very nice to have for a quick refresh or maybe after going to the gym to remove extra oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by potionlover

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These make my face feel clean and refreshed and they help with breakouts. My face was a bit flushed the first few times I used them, in a good way, like I'd had a facial. I also love using real lemon juice (check out the MUA reviews on lemon juice) as a toner/treatment for acne and aging before going to bed but these are a great option when you're feeling lazy. They smell incredible. Grapefruit and lemon treatments have been a recent discovery for me and my skin hasn't been this clear in a long time. My pimples have really been reduced and heal faster, and it works as a wrinkle/ sun damage treatment as well. The only thing I don't like with wipes is that they're wasteful. Using one cotton pad is much less wasteful than using a wipe as far as the trash created.

Side note- honey is incredible for blemishes as well. Thank you, MUA, for teaching me about honey, Greek yogurt, and lemon juice as facial treatments. The honey and lemon juice have blown everything else out of the water.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by productaholic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been trying to make a move over to natural and organic products or products. I bought Pacifica towelettes but my skin got all weird and tingly from using them. So I ditched those and bought these. Same reaction. Not sure what's making my skin all tingly but I don't think it's a good thing. I wanted to love these. I like the smell and they take off a good layer of make up but I don't think my skin should be feeling "funny". Maybe it's the whole natural thing? Will have to try other wipes to see I guess.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by tropical_dreams15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

One wipe is all I needed to remove all my makeup: foundation, concealer, bronzer, blush, powder, mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow. I think these wipes are bigger than others I've tried and the quality seems a lot better. My skin does feel softer after using these, but I haven't noticed any sort of "brightening". I really like the packaging; it has a lid that keeps the wipes moist. My only problem with these wipes is that they burn my skin. My skin is sensitive in that it turns red when it doesn't like a product, but it's never felt like this. I will definitely not be repurchasing these because of the burning feeling.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by WickedGirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I tried to leave this review on the product's company website, but they rejected it TWICE! guess they cannot take an honest review.

This product contains glycerin as do most of the Yes To... products. This is a real shame, because glycerin is acne-genic for many people. Not only is it sticky and clogs the pores, it is also a sugar....something that bacteria on the face thrive on. So, if you are acne prone, I would say avoid these products and any product containing glycerin. I tried these towelettes hoping for a good result, but although they cleansed my BB cream off my face well, I broke out 24 hours after using them. Since I rarely break out anymore, and only if I use products containing glycerin, I am going to have to attribute the breakouts to this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are good but not great. I didn't notice any fading of dark spots or acne scars, but my skin does feel exfoliated and smoother in the morning after using them before going to bed. I made the mistake of removing my eye makeup with these, and they sting like a mother! They smell similar to the Burt's Bee's facial wipes in that slightly cinnamon-y way. If you're in a hurry, these will exfoliate in a pinch but I still prefer a physical scrub or a dark spot serum for heavy duty exfoliating.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by bink180

Ok, so I thought I needed some aid into getting rid of my post-acne spots and bought this and compared it to the Neutrogena Grapefruit wipes and they were the same price at WalMart but this had more wipe count. In terms, of cleaning I feel like it exfoliates my face well. It's not meant to get rid of makeup sadly because not very much came off or maybe is it that I don't wear a lot? Anyhow, for those of you with sensitive skin... Nope, I won't recommend it because the Vitamin C dervied from the grapefruit kinda stings. My skin feels really clean after this and it's working!!

So yeah, I definately recommend this, you're dogs will thank your sweet smelling face ;)

EDIT: Ok I've had this for about a month now and I really like it! I'm finishing my first pack and then I'll get some more later. I really think this helped with my acne scarring! I have a couple breakouts lately but not from these wipes cause I've been sleeping in my make up after work and I'm too lazy to wash my face, lol. After I've woken up gotten the time to swipe my face a day later the zits have shrunk. My scars look significantly smaller and lighter.I use this in conjunction with Neutrogena's Pink Grapefruit cream cleanser I can't stand the tight feeling after washing and as recommended I use sunscreen. La Roche Posay Mineral Anthelios 50 and/or BB cream with sunscreen. Alright there's my schpeal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Popcornshrimp

I've gone through many facial towelettes brands but always come back to the Yes to Carrot family of products. These towelettes have little squares of texture, I'm assuming it's to help with exfoliation, but have the thickness like Yes to Blueberries and Yes to Cucumber wipes. They smell good like most grapefruit products, with a hint of household cleaner aroma. These burn a little bit if you scrub an area over and over, but this could be also due to my new love of Lumene products which also have vitamin C...so it might be a little over powering for my skin. They remove makeup well, leave skin feeling fresh and exfoliated, does seem to have a little bit of a brightening effect...but it's probably from the fruit acid jazzing up the skin. If you like Say Yes to ___ products, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I wouldn't recommend this for someone with sensitive skin though because it will probably leave you red and with a stinging face. This ties with Say Yes to Blueberry Towelettes for me, so I will definitely purchase again and buy more of the Grapefruit line once it stars popping up in stores more. :)