Physicians Formula Super BB Cream

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Perilla Ocymoides Seed Oil, Lysolecithin, Polysilicone-11, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Disteardimonium, Hectorite. Glyceryl Stearate, Laureth-12, Magnesium Silicate, Mica, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

There aren't enough colors to choose from. I'm a medium tone and the light medium is WAY too dark. It's also very greasy and not good as a light wear foundation (as bb cream should be).

on 3/26/2015 9:04:00 PM

Don't like that the packaging doesn't tell you the ingredients or if there's spf in the Super BB Cream. Some BB creams out there have Titanium Dioxide which irritated my eyes. Super in this case meant full coverage. It applies just like a foundation. Rarely have to use foundation with it, simple concealer here and there. The light/medium still is a bit tan for my skin, a better summer choice for tanning. It may almost be too heavy for my oily/combo skin, constantly needing a blotting sheet for my T-zone. Has been doing ok with the drier weather, but the color is off.

Like Annabelle's BB cream over this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading reviews for this BB cream I decided to pick up a bottle and try it. At first, I thought I liked it. There's no scent, which is a plus for me because scents irritate my eyes, and the coverage was pretty average for a BB Cream. This looks great under foundation, which I cannot say about the Physicians Formula CC cream, but after maybe 2 hours my face became very dry and irritated. I have very dry skin and I use CeraVe PM facial moisturizer under all of my makeup, but even with that my skin became very dry after using this. Might be good for someone with oilier skin, but if you have dry skin like me steer clear!

on 3/8/2015 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I've decided to stop trying to mask my faciular freckles, which aren't many, and wear a lighter foundation (previously switched between covergirl 3 in 1 and Mac's studio fix, both heavy duty coveralls) and I love Physician Formula translucent powder so I saw this at Walmart and gave it a go.

Firstly, a little goes a loonnng way. I've made this mistake too many times. Also, I used to apply aforementioned foundations with make up sponges, but I use my fingers to apply this since it's very liquidy. It covers very well IMO as I only have slight redness around my nose and seldom pimples.

I do set it with the PF powder and it looks really great. Very nice coverage but not too thick like the others.

I would give it 5 stars but I knocked one because it doesn't seem to last long. Like I live in south flo and humidity tends to destroy any and every effort to look pretty. four hours or less, esp when outdoors, and it's nearly gone :/

on 2/28/2015 4:38:00 AM

Works well for my skin type. Bit more expensive than usual drug store brands but I find it much better so worth it!

on 2/14/2015 5:07:00 PM

There was a sale in my CVS on PF products, and I thought it was the perfect time to try their BB cream. I got the light shade, and I finally found one I like as much as my Rimmel one!

Pros: Overall, it gives very natural-looking coverage--my skin didn't feel sticky, no patchiness on dry areas, and the color wasn't too orange (at least for me). Also, I think there might be some sort of color-blending technology in it (I heard it in a youtube review, but I could be wrong), since this seems to blend into my natural skin color perfectly. It also seems to moisturize well, and contains SPF30, which I think is one of the best features of this BB cream, since most moisturizers/foundations don't have an SPF of higher than 20 if they do include it. I usually just throw this on in the morning instead of my usual moisturizer, sunscreen, then foundation. The consistency is on the liquid-y side, and lightweight.

Cons: The smell isn't too great, but that's typical of any product containing sunscreen. Also, the price is bit too high for drugstore BB cream, so I was glad there was a sale on it. This stuff also seems to separate when sitting in the tube, so make sure to shake well before you use it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the light/medium version of this BB cream during the summer, and since then I've noticed it becoming SUPER orange on my skin, so I stopped using it. This isn't just because of the tan, it's also sort of oxidizing. :( But it's fine for the summer, so I'll keep it for that. After about two months I bought it in light, and that has been working well. I suggest using mattifying powder on top as it isn't very long lasting and becomes oily after a while. A pro is that a little goes a long way, so the tube lasts FOREVER. Great product overall!

on 2/9/2015 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this BB cream because I was looking for a fragrance- and paraben-free alternative for my sensitive skin. I do like it! It does not irritate my skin. The packaging is a tube with a cap, which I find easiest to deal with. The tube is a bit smaller than I expected, so you don´t get all that much product. The cream itself is light-weight and a bit liquidy, but I happen to like that in a bb cream because it is easy to blend into the skin. I had used Aveeno BB Cream beforehand and it was a thick paste, hard to blend and left streaks on my face. I do not have that problem with this product whatsoever. It blends perfectly. I purchased the light-medium shade and it fits my light but olive-toned skin wonderfully and gives me a slightly tan, fresh look. It may be too dark for fair-skinned ladies. The coverage is really decent and more than I expected from a bb cream. It lasts fairly long, too. The reason why I did not rate it 5 stars is that it seems a bit oily, especially if you forget to shake the tube before use. Also, I get an occasional minor breakout if I wear it several days in a row, but on the other hand, I have yet to find a bb cream or foundation that does not cause any breakouts in my skin. Overall, I think it is a good product for the price.

on 1/26/2015 6:25:00 PM

I used this product when I received a sample from Target. What a mess! This product is very slippery and greasy. I immediately took it off after applying but it broke me out. And this was very weird for me because no product has ever made me break out before. Overall a terrible product. I do not recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this BB cream when my sister got a sample at Target. I had never used make-up before, but I really wanted to so my sister recommended I start with the sample. I absolutely love this BB cream! It's very lightweight and blends nicely, the packaging is pretty and not tricky at all. It's especially great for people who are just starting with make -up or just want some light coverage. It is a little pricey, but it lasts a long time because you don't need much for good coverage. I would definitely recommend this product.