Physicians Formula Super BB Cream

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Perilla Ocymoides Seed Oil, Lysolecithin, Polysilicone-11, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Disteardimonium, Hectorite. Glyceryl Stearate, Laureth-12, Magnesium Silicate, Mica, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Light to medium color. Lightweight. it has a strong smell. I don't used this that much.

on 7/14/2015 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

If I wanted a BB Cream, this is the one I would be reaching for. It is light weight, good coverage, doesn't feel cakey or break me out, the only con is the scent. It's not really noticeable about 5 minutes after application but it's got this strange scent to it that I don't really care for but it's nothing that is unbearable by any means. Another thing is there is not enough shades! I feel like more people would be able to use this if they came out with more shades and gave a variety of different undertones. Other than those two things they would've received a 5/5! Great product!

on 6/30/2015 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

No competition, my favorite BB cream I've tried. It is fabulous! I got it in light. It still seemed dark to me... I was worried that I was going to end up looking too orange... but once I got it on and blended it out... gorgeous! It matches me really well, actually! It has a lovely finish... not too matte, not too dewy. And it has really good coverage, especially for a BB! I put a LITTLE bit of powder on my T zone and I'm good. It lasts all day on me and stays looking nice. No noticeable oxidation on me. I love it! It has no fragrance, which is fantastic because I'm really sensitive to that. It leaves my skin soft and smooth and happy. Would totally recommend it!

on 6/27/2015 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm not a big BB cream user, so I don't have much to compare this product to. I've used MAC studio fix power with primer for years and that's been enough, but I wanted something with a little more coverage for nights out. I did a lot of research and this product seemed like the right one for me.

The coverage on this BB cream is perfect for me, it covers all of the redness and makes an even base while letting a few freckles peek through. I bought the lightest shade which worked for the first little while. After a few months I noticed the product had almost seemed to oxidize in the tube and came out darker/more orange. I'm really sad about this because I LOVE the smooth even coverage it gives my skin (airbrushed/flawless look) but it's too dark for me now. I can't keep buying a new tube every few months after the product goes funky.

I'm an oily skinned gal and this with Smashbox primer lasted exceptionally well for an 8-5 workday with one blotting paper at lunch. It looks more "dewy" than "oil slick". The foundation itself was still on at the end of the day.

Along with the oxidation, I noticed that I started to get a few red bumps on my cheeks and forehead after wearing it for a week straight once. I typically never breakout from products so that was a bummer. Im looking for a different BB cream to replace this, but I will probably go back to it if I manage to get a tan.

on 6/22/2015 12:44:00 AM

I am a makeup junkie. You name it, I've tried. Most of the makeup I buy are from high end brands from Sephora. I always think high end is always better than drugstore, the two don't compare. Well this product is definitely the exception. No matter which bb cream I've used both from drugstores and from Sephora, this knocks them out of the park. It's got great coverage! On regular days, I only use this to even out my skintone, and on more special days I use this as a base, layer some light foundation (I like Urban Decay's Naked Skin because it is light at works well with this product to give you that full coverage yet airbrushed look) and MAYBE some concealer if I really need it. It's the perfect base! The only reason I knocked off a lippie was due to both the way it oxidizes and the limited color selection. I am a light medium skintone and bought the light/medium when I first started using it. After a couple of hours, it would oxidize to a bit of an orangy color. I have now found that I need to mix the regular light/medium bb cream and the light Organic bb cream to have the perfect balance of color with no oxidation. I love this stuff. I won't be buying any other bb creams because nothing so far has compared this. Definitely my HG :)

There aren't enough colors to choose from. I'm a medium tone and the light medium is WAY too dark. It's also very greasy and not good as a light wear foundation (as bb cream should be).

on 3/26/2015 9:04:00 PM

Don't like that the packaging doesn't tell you the ingredients or if there's spf in the Super BB Cream. Some BB creams out there have Titanium Dioxide which irritated my eyes. Super in this case meant full coverage. It applies just like a foundation. Rarely have to use foundation with it, simple concealer here and there. The light/medium still is a bit tan for my skin, a better summer choice for tanning. It may almost be too heavy for my oily/combo skin, constantly needing a blotting sheet for my T-zone. Has been doing ok with the drier weather, but the color is off.

Like Annabelle's BB cream over this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading reviews for this BB cream I decided to pick up a bottle and try it. At first, I thought I liked it. There's no scent, which is a plus for me because scents irritate my eyes, and the coverage was pretty average for a BB Cream. This looks great under foundation, which I cannot say about the Physicians Formula CC cream, but after maybe 2 hours my face became very dry and irritated. I have very dry skin and I use CeraVe PM facial moisturizer under all of my makeup, but even with that my skin became very dry after using this. Might be good for someone with oilier skin, but if you have dry skin like me steer clear!

on 3/8/2015 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

EDIT:
This is an edited review (obvs ^). I purchased this product at WalMart and it is a little pricier for a supermarket makeup but all PF products tend to be.
I have the shade Light and originally I was wearing it to lightly conceal redness but not overpower my face like heavier foundations do, etc. Well, for that purpose I must've lost interest because I just found it in my makeup drawer 75% full.

Anyways, I decided to give it a go again as a base for my foundation in place of a primer [currently being Fit Me Matte and Poreless]. As u can tell I've given up on lighter coverage and sauntered back to my old ways but whatever. I apply this with my fingers, I find the texture to be almost mouse-like and rub it all around and it alone provides pretty decent coverage.

I think it smells nice and applies well (not so much with a sponge or brush) and I love the fact that its SPF30.

[btw, another reviewer stated that this product didn't have a label with ingredients or SPF missing but my tube has a sticker on the back stating the 30spf and the active ingredients being titanium dioxide and zinc dioxide]

I find my foundation and face stays in tact longer with this as a base and also the matte and poreless doesn't sit so flat but more dewy and glowy.
Should I ever be especially lazy and not do a full foundation routine, I would certainly wear this solo but I do recall it not lasting that long and thus any product applied on top (blush, bronzer, etc) would disappear as well.

Wouldn't repurchase but am glad to use it until it runs out :)

on 2/28/2015 4:38:00 AM

Works well for my skin type. Bit more expensive than usual drug store brands but I find it much better so worth it!