February 1, 2015 | 1645 users online

BB Cream - Rimmel - BB Cream Beauty Balm 9 in 1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2015 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Studio6605

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this BB cream foundation. What I like is the light coverage that looks polished yet natural, and that it is very easy and quick to apply with fingers or brush. Also nice is that it doesn't settle into the fine lines of my 39-year-old skin. My skin is already pretty smooth and clear (I "wash" with coconut oil massage), so I don't really have blemishes, but I do have redness, uneven skin tone, a few dark spots and large pores in areas. It evens my skin tone and redness, and dimishes the dark spots but they still show through (which I'm ok with). To over the pores, I use a patting motion with my fingers and it smooths things over (which is nice).

The formula is a great balance between soft glow and subtle mattifying, which is awesome for me. With a light dusting of powder on my t-zone, I don't have to touch my skin for the rest of the day, which is a first for me (love!)... and I really like how it wears, developing a very subtle glow on my forehead and cheeks as the day goes on. It feels modern and slightly glowy, which I really like.

I also tested the Matte and Glow BB Cream formulas... I found the Matte formula too matte, powdery and makeup-y for my skin, settling into fine lines. When I tested the Glow formula, it became way too shiny by mid-day for my oily t-zone. I did purchase the Glow formula because I think it might be really nice for a special occasion/evening but not for everyday daytime makeup.

In the end, when I asked my partner how my foundation looked she responded: "It looks like your skin, only a little bit smoother and more even. I don't really notice it... you look nice :)" I was sold! <3 And at the $6 price tag, double love!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2015 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Amalielv

I really wanted a good bb cream, but this just looks caky. It feels very heavy and the colours are very dark and a bit yellow.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2015 1:08:00 AM More reviews by clfulford

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to try this after reading such great reviews about the matte version, but I have dry skin and its winter so I definitely can't use anything mattifying, so i got this one. I've also tried the Maybelline Bb (great! Like new skin in a bottle), and cover girls bb (very sheer but I really like it) and a few different tinted moisturizers (exactly the same as Bb creams IMO). Overall, the Rimmel bb cream is my least favourite of all of those products. I have light skin so of course I got the "light" shade and its more likea medium, quite dark and also orangey, it reminds me of my highschool days back in 2002 when all us girls had fake orange tans from a bottle lol its just not what i want in a tinted moisturizer/bb cream at all! It comes out like a thick lotion, which is fine except its a little greasy, but not moisturizing, and it goes on blotchy. For a Bb cream, I'd say it has a medium coverage, really I prefer light coverage but for times when my skin is not at its best a medium coverage bb would definitely be useful (I'll wear foundation but I have pretty good skin and I hate the heaviness of foundation, so im a HUGE fan of tinted creams, theyre so light and fresh feeling). In conclusion, if you have dry skin, there are much better Bb creams out there, and if you have oily skin, you would hate this bb cream, and if you're very fair, don't even bother because the lightest shade is orange and quite dark.
I really do keep trying it on, desperately trying to like it or find a use for it, but the more I use it the more I dislike it. I will try it again in summer when I have a tan but I doubt the summer heat is going to do anything to help the fact that its greasy and blotchy, probably just make it worse. I won't be getting this again

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2015 3:47:00 AM More reviews by rinjobs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Light, keeping in mind all the craze about BB cream and how wonderful it was supposed to be. I have dry skin, and it was a constant battle to smooth this product onto my face. I found it extremely cakey and streaky. I had to vigorously exfoliate, moisturise the night before and twice again before I put it on, just so it turns out half decent. Despite it being Light, it was quite orangey and darker than I expected a light shade to be. To smooth out the streaks and patches I had to apply lots and lots of layers and it took me probably 30 minutes to be happy with it in my bedroom mirror, only to look again in the car mirror and see it looks awful! Maybe it is my technique, but I certainly do not recommend this product. To those with dry skin, anyway.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2015 6:49:00 AM More reviews by oceanwaves078

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in medium since I am more on the dark tan skin tone. Its definitely a little orangey which I dont like. But since my acne isnt too severe, I used very little to conceal redness on my cheeks and then set it with powder so the color evens out to my skin tone. Since im using this in the winter, it works fine but I can imagine this being very oily during the summer. I do have small red pimplea in the areas I applied this but I cant tell if its this product causing that since im always acne prone in that area. Overall, its working ok for me but def not repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by MinhalQ

I use this bb cream as a base. The cold medium is very orangey :/ but it's matte which I like and doesn't clog my pores. I put my foundation on top and its a match made in heaven :) I like this product a lot

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

a lot of mixed reviews on here, but I really like this BB cream I was skeptical with the shades cuz they all look to orange/pink..but the light shade was a perfect match and it gives me a pretty good natural finish without looking cakey on my dry skin. I really like this for winter and I will keep using will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by makeupalleyfreak101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product is very cakey and flakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by clairedelalune

PROS:
This product goes on light and refreshing, provides buildable coverage and inexpensive (picked it up for $6 CAD).

CONS:
This product is more liquid than cream. If you have oily/combination skin like I do, be prepared to use mineral powders and setting powders to offset looking like an oil slick after two hours. Even with the powder foundation and finishing, I still had to powder some shiny parts of my face near the end of the work day. It's a water-based product, but I still broke out once while using it during the week.

There are better, inexpensive BB creams at the drug stores. I probably wouldn't buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by vickie34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This thing, do not really do anything to the skin.
If you are oily and have acnes or acne scars, save your money, don't buy this.
The formula is chunky, its cream, but its super hard to blend it into your skin.
It does not do any coverage for my skin as well