Revlon Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

3.1

Being a fan of Revlon's other Photoready Foundations I wanted to give this one a try. My skin can be extra dry in the winter and need a little extra moisture and thought this might help do the trick. Well the moisture was definitely there and made my face feel less dry. However it was almost too much. Coming from someone who has very dry skin it's hard to even fathom saying that but I felt like my face was overly shiny and greasy after I put it on. I felt like I HAD to use a powder on top of it not just to set it but cause it was just too greasy. It did not blend very well and I had to put a lot on to get the coverage I wanted. I often will use my foundation as an eye shadow primer when I am out of it and have no issue doing so. This stuff however made it so that my eyeliner didn't want to stick to my lids so I could not use it as a back up. I am not a fan of foundations that if I barely touch my face it comes off on my hand, my phone etc. This foundation does that. Also if you are wondering about the consistency... it comes out sortof like a very watered down sunscreen. Smells like it as well. So atleast you know the sunscreen they promise is in it. I love Revlon but this one I won't be buying again.

on 4/12/2015 7:40:00 PM

The first thing I noticed about this product was the pungent smell of sunscreen. The color was a bit too tan for my skin, but that's because I'm not tan yet! I'll stay away from this product until I am tan, but I'm hoping my skin will match up with it!

It seems to offer medium to full coverage, and does a decent job blurring out my pores.

on 3/29/2015 11:54:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Yet another BB Cream riding the coattails of the Asian trend. This stuff slid around on my skin, highlighted my pores, and had less coverage than my favorite BB creams (including my HG by SKIN79). I felt like I was wearing a tinted greasy moisturizer.

As far as parabens go, don't buy into the fear mongering. Do some research before believing unsourced Yahoo articles. Parabens are naturally occurring chemicals, and they're actually a very gentle preservative. More info can be found online at The American Cancer Society and the FDA. There's also a great article titled: The Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety: Final Opinion on Parabens. Don't give a product a bad review because it contains parabens. They are not bad, just severely misunderstood.

on 3/19/2015 5:30:00 AM

I bought this product because I wanted something light with sheer coverage for my everyday use, having tried multiple BB creams in the past all I can say BB creams are just not my cup of tea.
I bought the Revlon Photoready BB Cream in the Light medium shade which seems too dark on my skin. The coverage is sheer which is not a problem with my skin as I donot have a problem with acne *Touch wood* This cream turned my face into a dark pile of sleeky mess in 2 hours. The product also contains parabens so I would'nt recomend this cream to anybody. The product says reapply after every 2 hours, which according to me is total bull.

P.S: Just read amazing reveiws about the Bobby Brown BB Cream, planing to try my luck with BB creams one last time.

Xx.

on 2/28/2015 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It was working pretty well for me but I looked at the ingredients about a month ago and it was filled with parabens so I threw it out

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this, and at first it seemed to be working fine. It didn't provide much coverage, it was thin, and a bit oily, but I thought I'd just go with it, because I was tired of trying on BB cream after BB cream and not finding what I needed. So I stuck with it awhile. And then, after sometime, it started getting oilier, and whenever I squeezed the tube, water came out first, and then the cream, which was now mushy and oily and bleh. It also made me breakout.
Give this cream a few weeks and it goes horribly wrong. I would not buy again at all.

on 2/23/2015 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I wasn't going to review this to be honest. I bought it about a year ago used it a few times and didn't like it. I tossed it in a drawer to forget about it but then recently my skin has changed. Either from the very cold weather or maybe age has my skin turning from super oily to combination, I'm not sure what's going on yet. What I do know is my old BB cream wasn't working for the dryness my skin is experiencing. So I dug this out and decided to give it another go. I'd tried moisturizers, exfoliating, AHAs but nothing was making my BB cream look better on my flaky skin. This BB cream looks good on my combo skin, the dry areas don't look dry, the coverage isn't great but it hides what I need it to. I hate the consistency of this, it's weirdly thin and almost oily. I top it with Estee Lauder Lucidity powder and it looks great. I recommend this for anyone who isn't super oily and has some stubborn dry areas. Would repurchase.

on 2/23/2015 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Not a fan.
This did nothing for my skin at all. Barely there coverage. It was streaky with a brush, not good with a beauty blender, with fingers it was best but not buildable enough and looked just not right. I like that the medium was not light or too dark but something just seemed off about it. I looked sickly when ever I used this. Maybe it is too olive toned???
It wore off pretty quick also and accentuated pores.
The only thing I liked about it was the texture on my skin. It was not too heavy or greasy. Once set with powder it felt nice and I did not get oily!! Woohoo BUT I looked a mess lol.
I looked sick, Looked like I had no coverage for the marks on my skin which are light by the wasy. Just terrible.

on 2/19/2015 8:31:00 PM

I love this product!

It took a lot for me to buy a drug store bb cream as I usually swear by high end brands. I was out of money and needed a bb cream (I can't be walking around bare faced..gosh) After reading countless reviews of "best bb creams" I went into my local boots' store and searched for other creams I had found reviews online; they were not in stock. Desperate I purchased the Revlon Photo-ready. It has been the best "panic buy" ever! I love how the bb cream goes on, the coverage it build-able and I would also say it's a fantastic foundation if you want it to be. It soaks into my skin as I tend to have a problem with foundations sitting on top of my skin. Even when I check my makeup throughout the school day it's stayed in place and still looks flawless! I would say the finish is quiet dewy so maybe not the best for oily skin?

Overall I'm so happy I picked up this bb cream and will not be returning to my NARS anytime soon!

on 1/28/2015 5:19:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Not for me

Cons:

- I applied it with a brush but it went on funny and immediately went into my pores and made them stand out like the craters on the moon. I've never had this happen to me before with a foundation.
- Although it filled up my pores it didn't sink into my skin, instead just sitting on top of it and slid around. I had to pat it into place with my finger so that it would blend properly and then had to set it with my Nars translucent powder but even that didn't prevent the Exxon oil slick from appearing on my face an hour later.
- Not amazing coverage. I like sheer coverage so I can build it up if needed but I wouldn't want to put too much of this stuff on my face unless the price of oil goes up and I can get rich off it.

Pros:
- Colour matched my skin tone fairly decently and I've been having trouble lately finding a match
-Decently priced
-UVB SPF 30
-Squeeze tube