November 21, 2014 | 1710 users online

BB Cream - Olay - Total Effects Tone Correcting "CC" Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by kristalov

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the worst BB/CC cream that I have tried. Almost as bad as the Garnier IMHO. It left my skin very oily and greasy looking and the colour is far too yellow for my skin. It actually made my complexion look "dirty". Very little coverage compared to most BB/CC creams. I don't expect foundation coverage, but this doesn't even out the skin tone at all. I used the light/medium but it was much to dark for my skin. Luckily, I got it from Costco so it will be going back. I'll stick to my Marcelle CC cream and Dr. Jart.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Dotsie1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is causing atopic dermatitis for me. I develop itchy, red flaky patches and even with Rx hydrocortisone and Aquaphor it takes several days for this to clear up. I have never had a reaction like this to any product. In the trash.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2014 7:30:00 AM More reviews by lcastro

I actually like the way this product goes on my skin. It is light and natural and seems to be all the coverage I need. However, I've been using it for several weeks and my skin has been breaking out (it hasn't broke out in 20 years). At first, I thought it was coincidence and was due to the summer, but it is getting bad and after looking at other reviews, I think it is the product. I am going to stop using it immediately and will let folks know if my skin clears up.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by xojamie0923

This product does nothing. Literally looks like I didn't even apply anything. What a waste of $23

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by jhollieb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I normally only look at reviews for products I am thinking of trying. In this case, this is a product I have used for at least two years, both under its previous name a different line of Olay and without the CC cream in the name) and the newer incarnation. I also normally don't write reviews. But here my experience is so different from the norm

I love this product. I am over 50 and anything else I try, whether BB cream, CC cream or foundation, settles into my fine lines, accentuating them. They make me look older. I keep trying to find something with a little more coverage for certain occasions, but keep reaching the same bad result.

I use this product over a little argon oil and it blends smoothly. I don't notice any change in appearance throughout the day.

My only problem with the packaging is that it is not environmentally friendly, a problem with most packaging, whether for makeup or other.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Chas2761

I really don't like ths product. Dosent blend well at all. I can't say anything good about this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by YourMajesty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I used to use this product when it was called Tone Correcting Moisturizer (no "CC", no "7 in 1") before it was re-formulated to "7 in 1 CC Cream". It was easy to use, had just the right amount of buildable coverage, and blended into my skin perfectly (light to medium). Best of all, it did not irritate my skin. When I opted instead to use a foundation with a bit more coverage (L'Oreal True Match), I stopped buying it for a while.

Last week, I bought what I thought was the same Olay product I had liked before--it looked the same in the bottle, with a little bit different wording on the label. I didn't think it would be so different, but this time, it felt much "goopier" going on. The product gave me a red rash everywhere I had applied it. I had used it a couple of times before I figured out that it was the Olay (duh). Of course, I stopped using it, and a day or two later, my skin began to flake and peel. Not nice! It isn't an expensive product, but I felt ripped off all the same. I think I will contact Olay and tell them why I won't buy their products again: they cannot be trusted!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by fleurne

Got this at Costco when it was in a pack of 2 for $25. It's alright, the colour correction is very subtle. Like the SPF though. I only use these on casual days when I just want a little bit of cover up and hiding my redness.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by xina08

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this because of the "all-in-one" concept - a moisturizer, a touch of color, SPF 15, etc. I like the bottle, nice and small. But when you put it on, it feels kind of greesy at first, till it dries, and you can build the color up (which was nice for me "light to medium"). However, the problem with this lotion is that the colour smears off easily. It doesn't seem to want to bind to your face! It could be hours later, you think it has dried, and it still smears off. Very disappointed. This is why I only gave it a two - it has potential, if only the stuff stayed on your face!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by MonsterMeow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well. This isn't as bad as the others say it is but in fact it's really good. It does what it says: Tone Correcting, but it only lasts for a few days.
It doesn't smell like anything and it gives a medium level of coverage (still doesn't cover all my acne) so maybe you'll need some concealer to give it more coverage.
During the day it DOES turn a little pinkish but hardly noticeable since I got powder on top.
Hope this helps!