April 18, 2014 | 573 users online

Palettes - Hard Candy - Top Ten Eyeshadow Palettes

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by xenobia1968

I have these in Naturally Gorgeous and Smoke Out. Other than the shimmery white (lid color) I can only use them on the outter V as I have hooded eyelids. It takes a lot of product to get a nice blended look and there is a ton of fallout. The only reason I bought them was because I didn't want to pack my NAKED palettes. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and pack them as these palettes just won't do. There is exactly one matte color and that is black. All others have shimmer. Oh well, I'll use them up for the V so the $6 wasn't totally wasted :) Also, these are not wet/dry shadows per se, but I find that if I dampen my brush and pick up the white, I get way more color to pack on my lid. It will crumble a bit when it's wet, but if you work with it, the color payoff is better than when it's dry. The shimmery white and matte black are in the Smoke Out palette.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by RunawayGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Some of these shadows are hits and miss. There's two eyeshadow that I don't like that don't show up on my skin and 1 shadow that's really grainy. Aside that, I do like the rest of the shadows. They are powdery and have fall-outs. I really wanted to experiment with more neutral colors but I didn't want to shell out $60 for a palette so that is why I looked to HC "naturally gorgeous" as an alternative. The way that these colors play off my brown eyes makes me not regret the purchase. I paid around 6 bucks and i'm not gonna expect it to have zero fallout, and all buttery smooth shadow. It 'mostly' does it job as a inexpensive shadow palette and I am satisfied with the purchase.
Packaging is tricky to open sometimes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by kayceee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this product in Naturally Gorgeous. I'll probably get at least one more in the collection. For the price, the shadow is pretty good. It pigments fairly well, again for the price, but it does tend to "powder" easily. It blends very well, and durability is surprisingly good even without a primer. There's a good variety of colour for "just above a nude" look as well as sparkly fall looks.

The packaging is a little obnoxious, I don't really like that little plush layer on top, but I guess it's eye catching. I also wish it came with some matte shades to round it out a little.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Hollynla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This palette caught my eye right away. The colors are so pretty and the packaging is really attractive as is the $6 price tag at Wal Mart. I got the Naturally Gorgeous palette which is warm neutral shades. The first time i used it, I noticed how much fallout I had all over my face and when I attempted to clean it up, it just got worse and worse. I've never seen anything like this before. The more I tried to dust if off, the darker it got on my face. So the second time I used it, I made sure to do it before foundation and used a tissue under my eye to catch the fallout. My eyes looked great, such pretty colors............. until Iooked again a few house later. Fallout! The shadows were flaking off after the fact, and when I powdered my face, the stroke of the brush did the same effect as the first time I had used it. The fallout smeared everywhere. This is going in the trash. What a shame.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by lesa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I initially purchased the Naturally Gorgeous Palette and was so pleased, I picked up the Green with Envy palette as well. I like subtle shadows and these work quite well for me. I use UD Primer Potion under them, and they last quite well on my oily skin. The shadows I have seem rather buttery, and nicely textured. I use my UD brushes to apply them. The pigmentation is great for my taste and I like how buildable and blendable they are. I have green eyes and the colors in both palettes suit me quite well. I have read in other reviews that some people have found the shadows to be gritty or chalky, but I haven't found that to be the case. Perhaps I got lucky and my palettes were a good run. I also don't get a lot of fallout with these shadows. I also received a bonus Take Me Out Eye liner mini as a bonus. Pretty good value for 6 bucks a piece.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I have to say, I picked this up at Walmart while doing a mini haul, and I really grabbed it because it looked SO cute. It was really cheap, about 5 dollars CDN. I tried it a few days ago and my overall reaction is: you get what you pay for.
The shadows are pretty cheap, very sparkly, not much depth, not much pigment. I think some of these shades could be really pretty with some higher-end shadows, and definitely some matte shadow. They are way too shimmery to wear alone, unless that's the look you're going for... but they just need more depth. It would be better if the last two shades were a matte brown and a matte black. But either way, the packaging is so darn cute it sucked me right in. The shadows aren't terrible, some of them are quite pretty, but again i think they should be used with some better quality shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by amfe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the naturally gorgeous palette - this is the first eyeshadow(s) I've got from HardCandy. And I'm pleasantly surprised. The packaging is super cute it even has a mirror, mind you the packaging isn't very high quality material but comparing to other drugstore products they're similar.
Moving on to the eyeshadows themselves, most have good colour pay off (some of the lighter shades are purely shimmery), they stay on my lids all day, easy to blend, and they don't crease on me - all without a primer. The colour payoff does improve with a primer as it does with most shadows. Some of the darker shades do get a bit of fallout, but really that's no big deal when you pay aprox $6 CND for 10 eyeshadows.
Some of the darker shades swatch weird on your hand too, but they apply fine to the eyes.
It's a great palette for someone whos looking for variety but doesn't want to spend too much money. You can create day or night looks with this.
This palettes eye shadows are similar to Maybelline and Covergirl with respect to pigmentation, longevity, and durability. But have the fallout of some Wet'N'Wild shadows.

Pros
- Good deal
- The palette contains a mirror - rare for drugstore
- Good assortment of colours to create any look
Cons
- All the shadows are sparkly - I do prefer having a matte medium brown and matte black
- Slight fallout with a couple shadows
- No dark brown/black

Final Verdict
This is a great palette for everyday looks for someone who wants to play around and experiment with new colours without spending a lot of money. Or if you just can't afford some other brands because it is very inexpensive! But you do get your monies worth out of it.
However, I do have a large eyeshadow collection (drugstore) so I wouldn't buy this again simply for the reason of I have many similar colours already. But if this was one of my first few purchases eyeshadow wise - I would repurchase!
Although, I do think you can get better eyeshadows from the drugstore for a few dollars more (under $10).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Ashes83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I have the Naturally Gorgeous Palette, with the golds and browns, because I A natural eye and bold lip. My colors were not chalky, but they went on smoothly. Yes they do take more than one swipe to get a LOT of color, but that's fine for me because I would rather build up my color, instead of getting a bunch on the first swipe.
The best thing for me besides the color and packaging is the price. At my walmart they were only six bucks. I like to look good, but I love a bargain, so it's win win for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Brookestar32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go to palette for a everyday neutral eye. I love how pigmented and beautiful these shadows are and I can make several different neutral eye looks with this one palette. The only problem I had with it was the goldish color creased on me...other than that I love this palette

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by rawrmonster8992

So I bought this product. The colors we're so shimmery and it was only 6 bucks! So the next day, I put on the base that came with my NYC Individual Eyes palette along with this eyeshadow. The colors looked amazing for a smokey brown eye! So I went to reapply my makeup halfway through the day and....it looked like it did in the morning. The shimmer was still there and it hadn't creased!!! I'm in love!