November 28, 2014 | 1090 users online

Palettes - Hard Candy - Top Ten Eyeshadow Palettes

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Its good for experimenting and beginners. I find that the eyeshadows aren't very pigmented and the colours look different when swatched. The eyeshadows have a hard, chalky texture as well - which is bad, since smooth and buttery textures since work better and look nicer as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by grapes123xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this eyeshadow pallette in aphrodisiac because I wanted to a pallette with various bold eyeshadow color but did not want to purchase the naked pallette. The colors are very 70s, pigmented ENOUGH like your average eyeshadow pallette but not super bright. You can create neutral and smoky looks. The packaging has a cute thing at the front which only seems to be held on by glue and seems easy to peel off. This is a perfect every day pallette at least for me, especially if you want to play around with colors but don't want to pay 60$.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by kajkfd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've never written a review but this was so disappointing I was compelled to write one. These chalky, gritty, "pigments" should not even be called eye shadow. Yeah, you definitely get what you pay for. At least there's a small mirror in the lid. Save your $5 and buy a Starbucks latte instead; you'll enjoy it way more if only briefly.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2014 3:46:00 AM More reviews by smase

I don't find these colours all that bad good for price but ill search elsewhere for better eyeshadows

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Laughgeo

This palette was my first palette. I was wondering why it was cheap with so many colors?!?! Well the quality of the shadows are terrible and chalky. The fallout is horrendous. I dropped the palette on my dresser and half of the black shade crumbled out in legit crumbs. The pigmentation is terrible. The reason why I gave it 2 stars is because of the price. Otherwise I would have given it 1 star. The only reason to buy this again is if I had children one day and they wanted eye shadows to play with.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Courtney16

I love this.
I love the way the packaging looks.
I love the price.
It was worth it.
I use a sparkly silver or sparkly black.
It gives me just the right amount without looking too dark or too light.
:-)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by 8bitAmes

I didn't have very high hopes for this palette, but I love shimmery brown shadows, so I picked it up. The colours are SO similar (would have been nice to have some variation in colour rather than ten brown shadows - brown is not the only neutral, people!) and the colour payoff is very poor even with a primer. Every colour in the palette is shimmery, again would have been nice to see a few matte shades. The packaging is okay - durable and there's a mirror, too. The puffy lace accent is mildly offensive, but whatever. As far as a drugstore palette goes, I prefer Wet 'n' Wild - affordable, nice formulation, long-wearing, nice colour selection. I'll give this palette another whirl (I hate throwing away barely used makeup), but will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by xenobia1968

I have these in Naturally Gorgeous and Smoke Out. Other than the shimmery white (lid color) I can only use them on the outter V as I have hooded eyelids. It takes a lot of product to get a nice blended look and there is a ton of fallout. The only reason I bought them was because I didn't want to pack my NAKED palettes. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and pack them as these palettes just won't do. There is exactly one matte color and that is black. All others have shimmer. Oh well, I'll use them up for the V so the $6 wasn't totally wasted :) Also, these are not wet/dry shadows per se, but I find that if I dampen my brush and pick up the white, I get way more color to pack on my lid. It will crumble a bit when it's wet, but if you work with it, the color payoff is better than when it's dry. The shimmery white and matte black are in the Smoke Out palette.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by RunawayGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Some of these shadows are hits and miss. There's two eyeshadow that I don't like that don't show up on my skin and 1 shadow that's really grainy. Aside that, I do like the rest of the shadows. They are powdery and have fall-outs. I really wanted to experiment with more neutral colors but I didn't want to shell out $60 for a palette so that is why I looked to HC "naturally gorgeous" as an alternative. The way that these colors play off my brown eyes makes me not regret the purchase. I paid around 6 bucks and i'm not gonna expect it to have zero fallout, and all buttery smooth shadow. It 'mostly' does it job as a inexpensive shadow palette and I am satisfied with the purchase.
Packaging is tricky to open sometimes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by kayceee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this product in Naturally Gorgeous. I'll probably get at least one more in the collection. For the price, the shadow is pretty good. It pigments fairly well, again for the price, but it does tend to "powder" easily. It blends very well, and durability is surprisingly good even without a primer. There's a good variety of colour for "just above a nude" look as well as sparkly fall looks.

The packaging is a little obnoxious, I don't really like that little plush layer on top, but I guess it's eye catching. I also wish it came with some matte shades to round it out a little.