Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer

3.7

AQUA/WATER/EAU, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TALC, CETYL PEG/ PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRIBEHENIN, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, BISPEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, LECITHIN, MICA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, LAURETH-7, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CHLORPHENESIN, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, XANTHAN GUM, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, PEG-8, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, BHT, SODIUM PCA, UREA, SODIUM LACTATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, TRIACETIN, BENZOIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/+/-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

on 5/29/2015 10:29:00 AM

I really like this concealer it covers my acne marks and makes my skin look quite dewy and soft. I wouldn’t say it’s great for under the eyes as it doesn’t really cover much but otherwise it is a good drugstore concealer.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this concealer very recently and I'm really not all that impressed with it. It is very dry for a concealer and the concentration is very weak which means the product blends to almost nothing. Obviously this means it doesn't conceal well. Although the shimmer in the product does add a nice glow to the under eye area, it is too unnatural for use elsewhere on the face. I tried to use the concealer on blemishes but the consistency just isn't suited to the purpose of acne coverage, although it claims to. I also found the concealer to be too peach-toned for my very fair skin. Under the eyes it doesn't look out of place because the peachy colour cancels out the blue in my inner eye corners. However, elsewhere it is far too orange. After just a few minutes the concealer creased and began to look cakey. The concealer feels light on the skin, which is one of the few good aspects of it, and I can imagine it being a very good highlighting concealer for many people. However, for porcelain skinned people like myself, the colour is awful. Even the lightest colour didn't match. I would say that the packaging is very nice - basic, but classy and the orange lid makes it very easy to spot in my makeup drawer. Compared to other drugstore concealer, it isn't worth buying again but the price is agreeable if you really don't want to invest in a better concealer!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely ADORE this concealer! I have extremely sensitive and acne-prone skin (not a good combination!) so I thought it was a bit risky trying out a new concealer, but I love Rimmel so I decided to give it a try. The results were a silky, flawless look and I have been wearing it everyday since purchase. People are always asking me what I'm wearing (if they've seen me without makeup) or what is your secret to flawless skin (if they've only seen me with makeup). The best thing about it is that you can't tell that you have concealer on! I normally wear it under my eyes and on all my breakouts and red patches.
It dosen't sting and it isn't irritable at all, and as for my acne, if anything they have gotten better since first use! I would definitely repurchase this product, my advise is to buy one slightly lighter than your skin-tone (I have olive skin and I bought it in light) to get the best results.
Hope this review helped!

on 5/26/2015 4:42:00 PM

Although this product is highly rated, it was not what I had expected. It gave me very little coverage (especially on the dark circles). I had heard many good reviews about this product, however for me, it was not suitable for my skin and did not help.

on 5/25/2015 1:33:00 PM

I love this product!! I use it every day and has the best coverage. On days when i dont have much redness on my skin, i just put a bit of concealer on my face and use it just to give my skin abit more coverage and look more refreshed. I would defiantly re-purchase again. My favourite concealer!!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Absolutely love this concealer!! I use it near enough everyday, and it's just so creamy, easily to blend, with an average coverage! Holy grail concealer! Love it!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

When i got this i was really excited after seeing reviews and a video on it. When i first put it on it was creamy and light and it did give me good coverage. Also brighten up the eye area which i loved! But.. now this is what did it for me. After 3 to 6 hours it really set in to lines so badly. I did post a photo on before and after if anyone cares to look because i was shocked. I did set it with a very light power as i do with all my concealers. It made me look a lot older then i am. However i will use this for highlighting my forehead nose ect. Just not going near my eyes.

I love this concealer! I use it for under my eyes, and for highlighting my nose/cupids bow. and it really does 'wake me up'! It's such a smooth, silky, hydrating formula and it blend so easily, and it doesn't crease. This is one of my favourite concealers. I do notice that it fades after a while but that is expected because it's so cheap. Love this product! :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This concealer is not for people with dry skin. If you have any dry skin this almost automatically clings to dry patches - even when skin is well peppered. The actual coverage is very good, it blends easily and the colour range is fairly standard and friendly as a far as a cheap concealer goes. If you're look for a cheap concealer and don't have dry skin/ wrinkle/fine lines then this one could be for you.

on 4/23/2015 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think it is funny that this concealer can be found in the States, but I had to order the foundation from asos.com. I picked this up when I saw it at my local Walmart. I have had the Wake Me Up foundation for quite awhile before I bought this concealer. I really like the foundation and the concealer doesn't disappoint.

Now let me just be upfront and tell you that I really only use this for under-eye sallowness. I do not have dark undereye circles, just a bit of hollowness that needs to be concealed and brightened. So what I look for in a concealer like this is brightness and vitality. It fits the bill for this order. I bought this concealer in "Light" and it has a little bit of a pinky/peach quality to it, which I like and know is good for concealing blue/purple colors. I don't know how well this would work with extremely dark circles. I don't think it is opaque enough for that. Perhaps it would be a good product to use over a more serious concealer to add luminosity. I don't notice any creasing or dryness. It feels moisturizing, sets after a few minutes and plays well with a variety of foundations.

I have used this to cover up acne scars, but I'm super lazy and don't really use it for this on a daily basis. I can't attest to how well this would work for intense, dark scars. I tend to think there would be something better out there, but it wouldn't hurt to try. The pinky color is good for covering brown discoloration in theory. I would think if you had light to medium brown discoloration you could spot conceal with this.

This has never burned my eyes or broke me out. It blends easily and I apply it with my fingers. The color selection of this product is not very extensive. I think if you liked Rimmel's Wake Me up foundation I think this is something you should check out. Overall I personally like it very much.