Hard Candy Lite Bright Whipped Brightening Concealer

2.0

on 1/16/2015 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to like this. the price was fine and the applicator as well. I actually like the color. but the formula was a bust. it was drying. but....but.... it made my tiny wrinkles seem longer!!! I had to periodically go to the restroom just to rub gently the area. if hard candy would reformulate I will consider giving it another shot. For now I will politely avoid, and I will suggest you do the same.

on 12/27/2014 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love the glamoflauge concealer so I was excited to try this but was sooo disappointed. I agree with pretty much everyone here that it's way too dry and cakey. It made my skin look gross! Definitely won't be buying more.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This was just okay for me. The color is good but like other reviews said, the packaging sucks. You have to twist several times because nothing comes out-then all of a sudden way too much comes out. The product is kind of thick for what I would expect a "whipped" product to be. I used a beauty blender to apply and that worked decently well. If I used a brush it was too thick and I would have under eye creases. I do like the color though, the packaging and thickness make it a no re-purchase for me.

on 11/28/2014 9:21:00 PM

My main complaint about this product is the packaging. If you twist it up a couple of times, nothing comes through the brush tip, which forces you to twist it up like 10 or 15 times. Then, suddenly, a TON of product starts gushing through the side of the brush applicator. So much comes out that I don't even bother touching the brush tip to my skin because it would get too messy, so I just get a little bit on my finger and apply it that way. I end up wasting a ton of product every time because way too much comes out and I just have to wipe the extra on a tissue. The product itself is not that bad, it has decent coverage, but the horrible applicator is a deal breaker for me. Certainly won't repurchase.

on 7/18/2014 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Truly an awful concealer. I rarely have the time to write reviews anymore, let alone negative ones, but I was honestly horrified by this product lol. I assumed it would be awesome like Glamoflauge, but it was not even close. It's extremely dry and apparently Hard Candy thinks that "brightening" means making it 5 shades lighter than your skintone. These colors run so light it's insane. It's literally the consistency of kid's paste. Actually, it's as white as paste too. I'm an NC30/35 & I bought the shade Tan, but it's still much too light. I'm normally a medium in most other brands. The medium shade would work for an NC15. This dries in 5 seconds, & is incredibly hard to blend. I'm a makeup artist, so it's not like I lack blending skills. I also tried a small stippling brush as well as one of the small Sigmax kabuki brushes for blending, but it's just cakey, dry, & all around gross. Definitely skip this wretched product if you know what's good for you.

on 7/18/2014 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

too dry and creases!!!! its too difficult to work with. I wanted to like this but I think I'll be throwing it away

on 7/2/2014 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have not yet determined if I like this concealer yet or not. I agree, it does apply a little too dry, and that just might be the reason why I might decide to return it. For the positives though, I do like the color of the LIGHT, which I think is lighter than the Fair shade. So LIGHT is the lightest. I love the color of the LIGHT, as it is in fact brightening, and it not too white for my very pale skin. I use it to brighten my very dark circles.

But, this has kaolin in it which I think is why it feels so dry. If they could make this a bit more moisturizing, and keep the shade selection, then this concealer would be better. I do like the packaging also. The brush is very nice. The packaging would be more suitable to the product inside if it weren't so dry. In other words, the applicator would work if the product weren't so dry. I have another concealer that is similar packaging and it applies nicely, but there is more moisture in that one.

But again, shade / color of concealer is very nice. They got that part right.

on 6/30/2014 3:23:00 PM

Oh how I wanted to love this product. The color is amazing on my fair skin. However... it dries way to fast to be able to work with it. I've tried several methods of application and bleh. I'm going to return this. Save yourself the frustration of this product and move along.

on 5/19/2014 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hated this!!! I tried it because a friend recommended it but this product sucks!!!! The texture is too thick and it dried too quickly and doesn't blend! I will definitely be sticking to my Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Corrector/Brightening Concealer which is a far superior product! Definitely would not repurchase!!!!

on 2/26/2014 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Horrible coverage sucked it didn't brighten at all and it was an odd salmon color with an oily texture yet it dried really quick and weird... Do not buy this crap it's not worth the money