April 20, 2014 | 1782 users online

Concealers - Hard Candy - Lite Bright Whipped Brightening Concealer

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Luciferr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Horrible coverage sucked it didn't brighten at all and it was an odd salmon color with an oily texture yet it dried really quick and weird... Do not buy this crap it's not worth the money

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Suddenlii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Very meh. I don't quite agree with the others in that its close to the worst concealed I've ever used, but its also very far from the best.

As per my usual complaint with Hard Candy concealers; their range of colours is by far the worst part of purchasing any kind of skintone product from the brand. I bought the "light" shade, which was barely darker than "fair" at all, while "tan", the next shade darker, looked a bit too orange for me. While I get that its supposed to be brightening concealer, I don't know if Hard Candy understands the difference between "brightening" and "whitening."

I hate the pen configuration, because its always a game I don't have time to play when I'm getting ready in the morning. One click produces no product, and a few produces enough to cover my entire face. What he hell am I supposed to do with this? Luckily, unlike some other viewers, I never had a problem with the product gunking up in the brush, but I find that applying it straight from the brush to my face from day to day gives me a "wearing yesterday's makeup" feeling.

The coverage is decent. It covers redness and zits pretty easily, but I won't even touch my "Italian" undereye circles, and even if it did, I have a lot of fine lines under my eyes that it sinks into throughout the day. I like that its a drier concealer that is unlikely to cake up, but it dries on your skin way too fast, so I find myself scrambling to blend it out immediately after application. It can dry kind of streaky, and I find that my brush and sponge just kind of...move it around. My fingers are the only thing I could get to blend this stuff out. (Powder can help remedy the streakiness, but when I buy any kind of liquid makeup product, I don't feel that I should HAVE to apply powder, too.)

I suppose in the end, its alright, but unlikely to match foundation of mine, at least. I suppose it would make a good spot concealed, but as I bought it to cover patchy redness...not so much. Not awful but incredibly mediocre product; I'll finish the tube I bought, but I won't repurchase of recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hot Mess.

That is the best way to describe this product. I got the lightest shade (fair i think is what its called) and when it dried it was salmon pink. Not to mention that is dried so fast as I was blending it out with my beauty blender that it just became a cakey mess. There is nothing redeeming about this. They give you SO little product. The packaging is also a mess because the brush at the end is constantly clogged with nasty dried up concealer and I don't appreciate having to wash the brush off before I want to get product out. Also, they force you to waste the little product they give you because 1 to 2 clicks of the pen gives you more product then you may want to use, thus wasting it faster. Huge disappointment, HATED IT!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Littlemissenixx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this. For reference, I'm NW 30 in MAC and I got the shade tan. I use this as a highlighter for contouring more than a concealer. I don't really have a problem with under eye circles. Reading the other reviewers, I've read that a lot of people are having trouble blending this. You need to apply with the stick, then blend with a stippling brush or any kind that you like to use. It does dry fast, so you have to work quick. It adds a nice glow to the face. I love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by AlexxJXD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've tried plenty of under eye concealers, but I have never dislike one as much as I dislike this product! Assuming this product was going to be as fabulous as Hard Candy's Glamoflauge concealer, I picked this product up without batting an eye. Boy, was I in for a disappointment. When I tried it out for the first time, I put my usual amount of concealer on and waiting a bit before blending it in. It dried super fast and was beyond difficult to manipulate. I noticed an odd consistency and scent to the product, but i just attributed it to the "whipped" properties. Besides that, the concealer looked very cakey and definitely not suited for under eyes. Wish this product was as good as Glamoflauge.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Rahkayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Nope. It dries way too fast and I hate the packaging. I'm pale, and this was too white for me! Hard Candy is really hit or miss for me; this is definitely a miss.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by GayLynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Horrible! Dry and PINK!! UGH!! Don't waste your time or money on this one!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

How do I hate thee? Let me count the ways!! I bought this in the shade medium, I have light/medium skin that leans more medium in the summer so I figured the medium color would be a good match. Wow, was I ever wrong. This stuff goes on with the color and consistancy of Elmer's glue. Seriously, it is so thick, impossible to blend, and snow white in color! I haven't been this disappointed in a product for a long time :(

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with a previous reviewer that this has great coverage, & is brightening, & has great staying power. But, like she says, there is very little product, especially for $6.00. And it does dry really fast. I am returning it today. Too bad because I was also using it to even out my facial complexion-trying to avoid foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by chippergal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Um, yeah. What everybody else said. Wish I had seen these reviews beforehand. I actually dropped it right when I bought it and when I picked it up I noticed it was starting to come out of the brush........but then when I went to use it I still had to click it a ton and it went from nothing to massive amount pouring out. It is very light but it dries like cement in 2 seconds. Even if you attack it when it's first applied it is super hard to blend out. Definitely not for the under eye area. STAY AWAY.