The Body Shop All-In-One BB Cream

3.0

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Great product if you want light to medium coverage. I like to set it with translucent powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh, I am delighted with this! Let me preface this review by saying, If you're looking for a proper BB cream in the Asian mould, you are going to be rather disappointed with this. Coverage here is minimal; this is, in fact, a hybrid product, rather similar to Origins VitaZing and Soap and Glory's Glow Job. It comes out of the tube grey and adjusts to your skin tone. Thus far, I have been delighted with the results--my skin is glowing and even, without any obvious signs of having been made up (I take the stealth approach to makeup). Plus, you have four shades to choose from (i.e. I can move up to 02 in the summertime). And....it's a good $20 cheaper than VitaZing. And--not irritating, at least for me. I am occasionally prone to perioral dermatitis and am fighting off a bout (with the help of topical medication) -- able to use this without a problem. Another great product from TBS, who are upping their game all the time.

Two caveats here: 1) you'll need an additional sunscreen (hence the docked lippie) and 2) you need to shake the tube before use, as it occasionally separates.

Shade info: I am an NC20-25 and use Shade 01.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have normal/dry skin and this bb cream works like magic for me. I don't have acne or pimples but a few imperfections here and there, and it covers it all up and gives me the most natural-looking glow ever! It's almost as if I haven't done anything to my skin. Absolutely love it. I feel this product works best for people with normal/dry skin type.

Downside: There is no SPF in the product, hence 4/5

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this bb cream! I'm in the shade 04 and it's amazing! Gives me a beautiful dewy finish,light weight and enough coverage. I only wear this now because it's basically my skin but better. Personally for me this is exactly what I wanted and was look for, for ages!

I personally love this bb cream, it gives good moisture to the skin whilst giving a dewy, light coverage. It felt refreshing, the texture was light. It lasted pretty much all day, except. Once it was a hot day and I had dancing and the bb cream sweated off.
My skin reacted very well to it, it actually reduced the red pigmentation in my cheeks very well as my cheeks on the average day are bright red which is sooo annoying.
Overall I would definitely buy this bb cream again as it is a good price aswell

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm an avid fan of BB cream, korean BB cream to be exact. My skin has been behaving nicely so I wanted a BB cream that's less heavy on my skin. When I first tried this I didn't see any difference between my bare skin and after applying this BB so I'm kinda disappointed. At least I expected some brightening effects or even skin tone correction but no, nothing. It's also very greasy, I have oily combination skin and this makes my skin looks gross. Not dewy but just plain oily. I put powder on top but it still feels greasy and my skin feels a lot heavier. Plus I don't like the texture and packaging. I can't help but make a mess when using this product. It's too watery the cream tends to separate from the oil and I don't like the squeeze tube packaging. I'm glad I got it for half the price. If you have oily skin please avoid this product at any cost.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got this in 01. Now this cream is supposed to hydrate and adapt to the individual's skin tone. I have eczema so it is tough to find makeup that does not dry out or irritate my sensitive skin.

I am not sure if this is an isolated case but when I oped my brand new tube of the bb cream, the colour pigment seemed to have separated from the water. So I got this cloudy water with abit of pigment. I shook it and it looked better. I noticed it happens if I do not use the product in awhile.

The cream blends easily into my skin and the colour is really natural, it looks like I did not put on makeup at all but it does not really cover up blemishes well. I would not say it is hydrating nor will I say it is overly drying but I do feel the urge to constantly touch my face when I have it on. Perhaps it is my eczema. I do use moisturizer and spf under it though. I like that the cream is not too heavy and it is natural but I need to use it more to see if the effects are constant.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I purchased this product at a Body Shop party after the lady hosting it sang its praises about being a revolutionary BB cream that matches your skin tone perfectly. I tried the lightest shade on the back of my hand and was pleasantly surprised as the white cream morphed into my skin colour within seconds.

This BB cream comes in a silver tube and is a smooth, white cream that miraculously changes to your exact skin tone when applied.

I was very excited when my tube arrived and immediately went and applied it to my face. I was extremely pleased with what I saw, a nice, even coverage, matched exactly to my skin tone. Fast forward a few minutes and I was horrified to see my perfect match had turned a patchy, peachy colour (not in a good way). I immediately removed it and not wanting to be let down by this product, I applied it again more lightly. It worked a little better but it still had an unnatural looking orange undertone. I thought if I wore it for a few hours, it may settle down somehow. It didn't. It got darker and more peachy as time went on and I had several breakouts the following day.

It's a nice idea but needs some more fine tuning. I was disappointed as I usually adore The Body Shop. However, this was the first makeup product of theirs I have tried and it has put me off a little I'm sorry to say.

Pros - Nice packaging, smooth application, even coverage,

Cons - Does not develop into a natural colour, turns orangey after a few minutes, clogs pores.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This product was a huge letdown :( I have been shopping at The Body Shop for years and years and I even worked as an assistant manager there! I love so many of their products and I swear by the majority of what I buy there, but this just did not work for me at all! My skin is combination/oily and this did NOT stay on my skin! It has an oil base which is wonderful for super dry skin, but oily gals beware! It moved around my smile lines and between my eyebrows, slid off my jawline, and even slid on my cheeks! It is a color-match formula, so it starts off white and "matches" your skin tone. The shades run really dark, most women I tried to fit with a shade left empty handed because of this, and it oxidizes in a very strange manner. It starts dark, starts to look light and cakey, then darkens to a whole new level at the first sign of oil. It was very disappointing. Many women swear by this, and it was a decent seller, but unless your have extremely warm undertones and dry dry dry skin, I would keep looking.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not really fond of using BB Creams at all, i just gave this a try, but then as expected i didn't liked it at all. The consistency was very runny/liquidy same as the L'oreal Nude Magique Bb Cream, starts of as white then transform into skin color. What i don't like about it is it doesn't even have any coverage at all compared to other bb cream that could cover some redness. I gave it away. Hopefully they would find a way to make it work on them.