October 24, 2014 | 1973 users online

BB Cream - The Body Shop - All-In-One BB Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by yanaayanu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would not buy this bb cream again! It don't have SPF protection at all! It look good at 1st attempt it looks shiny on ur skin when you wear till 4 to 5 hr it become so oily this product don't suit with oily skin thank god i have dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was hoping this was gonna be a new addition to my regular make up routine, but I was sorely disappointed. I ordered this from The Body Shop on sale for about ten dollars. Normally it is twenty dollars for 25 ml. It is a white cream with little speckles of brown color. It is extremely watery and kind of messy. I got mine in the lightest shade in 00. I have tried applying this with a foundation brush and my fingers. The coverage of this product is almost non existent and extremely spotty. The color doesn't really adapt to my skin tone because its too dark even though its the lightest shade. It also doesn't help to cover any redness. I find it difficult to apply because it is really watery and hard to blend. It doesn't give an even finish as the website claims, and I find it makes my skin more oily. I would not recommend this product or repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by tweeniem

hi, I'm actually excited because this is my first review ever! In the past I've used GOSH velvet touch primer, Origins BB Cream, and another from NARS. I bought this one literally because the shop ran out of the GOSH one and the department store also didn't stock the ones i've used in the past. This is my second time of using it.

I recommend this product on oily skin or combination skin (which I have). It glides on and I find I do not have to carry blotting paper/powder around with me like I always had to. That's the main reason I recommend it. It's also great if you do not want to wear any makeup as it just adds a one colour type effect on your face.

I don't know what else to say other than it really is worth the money and it actually does what it says unlike all the other brands that are double the price.

thanks!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by eveana

I read many good views about this product and was very excited when i bought one. This product makes my face look dewy and healthy for the first hour of application but after about 3 hours I feel my face become very oily (maybe it's because the mineral ingredients or something) but luckily It doesn't cause any breakout.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I wanted to try this after seeing a demo of it on YouTube which made it look like a really good and innovative product. The main aspect I was intrigued by was the fact that this claims to be a 'colour adapting' tinted cream which automatically changes to match the colour of your face, meaning you're less likely to end up with a colour too light/dark for your skin.

Unfortunately this doesn't work as well as I hoped it would. Firstly, the coverage isn't that great. Although I appreciate this is a tinted cream as opposed to a foundation, when I saw the demo on YouTube it made it look like this gave a really good coverage with one application. What I'm thinking now is that this was applied to the model in layers to help build up coverage (which they sneakily didn't show in the video). Secondly it's really watery - I thought mine had settled in the tube, so gave it a really good shake before trying to dispense it again, but it still came out looking really runny and not at all appealing!

Finally the smell of this is really off-putting. It has a VERY strong aroma which to me smelt of roses (a scent I really cannot stand). Also, although this is marketed as an all-rounder, there's still four shades to choose from so I was a bit confused as to which one I should go for when I was in the shop. Luckily an assistant kindly helped me out, but I'm not sure the colour she recommended really suits my skin (shade 02 which is for medium tone skin, whereas I think I should have gone for shade 01 for lighter tones).

Overall this is just ok, but for a few pounds more (this cost £12.00) you can get BB and CC creams which give better coverage and also have SPF in them (Clinique's Moisture Surge springs to mind). If a friend asked me, I wouldn't recommend this and would point them in the direction of other brands instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by alicehare

so, a few days ago i got a sample of this product. i've been wanting to buy it since i read some good reviews of this product. i even try it on the store and the color looks really good on my skin, so i ask some sample. AND i'm glad i did.

i love TBS products especially the body butter and lotion. but this one.......ugh. the smell is awful. and it just did nothing. it doesn't cover anything. and my skin gets oily and itchy even tho i'm supposed to be more on the 'dry' side (my face is combination fyi, the oily part usually just around my t-zone, the other is pretty dry). so this product is probably a big NO for me.

the color is really good tho. it really match my skin and give a healthy color unlike some other bb-cream that i purchased that give me a pale 'grayish' look.

TLDR:
cons: oily, itchy, no coverage
pros: match my skintone and gives a healthy looking tone

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Olivialk

Really nice texture, adapts well to your skin tone. I usually mix this with foundation if I want a more full coverage, but this product is so good for using on hot days or if you only want a little coverage. Little pricey but overall I like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Jessicaj123

As my skin is really fair I find it hard to find a drugstore foundation or bb cream which matches my skin tone.I haven't looked in to getting a high end foundation as I am only 12 and do not have a lot of money to spend on beauty products. But the other day I went in to the body shop with my nan and I was looking at this particular bb cream and she said "I have that at home and I haven't used it you can have it if you want" so I said yes luckily it was in the shade 00 (the lightest shade) she had bought it in a kit which contained the bb cream and the instablur primer. It was £20.00 for the kit which I think is a reasonable price as the primer retails for £14.00 and the bb cream £12.00. For application I like to dot it on and rub it in with my fingers I haven't yet applied it with a brush although I might get the real techniques miracle complexion sponge with my superdrug points to see if the application is different using different tools/methods. I agree with most people about the coverage is quite sheer but that's perfect for me as I don't really have many spots or imperfections to cover. It evens out my skin tone and makes my skin look that bit better whilst still looking like I don't have any on . Also I like that the tube is sealed with a foil tab so that you know nobody else has opened it or used the product. All in all I would say that this product is perfect for someone who likes minimal coverage and likes there makeup to look natural whilst still being a reasonable price.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by sxs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's a tad too sheer, which means it doesn't do much to even out my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Anonymousfox

When I first wanted to buy this bb creams, I read some reviews online, and a majority of people complaint on this product being a huge disappointment.. First of all, if u wanted something with a lot of coverage, u should have bought a foundation.. Not a bb cream. A bb cream is not supposed to cover up all ur blemishes. And there's something called a concealer. So After reading the reviews I too was quite doubtful on whether I should purchase this bb cream and try it out. I have never had any good experiences with bb creams and foundations as they never could perfectly match my skin tone. But the body shop all in one bb cream matched my skin tone beautifully!! It gave my skin a healthy looking glow!! Many people said tht it had a yellowish orange under tone, but I'm Asian so that yellowish undertone was probably why it matched me although my skin is still quite fair and white... Probably cause it had quite a sheer coverage.

Many people also said that the coverage if this bb cream was disappointing.. The minimal coverage wasn't really a problem for me .. It was actually a great factor in my opinion, cause I wanted to achieve an extremely natural look for my everyday makeup... I'm not a fan of products with medium to high coverage as they always hide my freckles, which I do not want to hide. I think that this product would be good for people with dry to normal skin as the product may start to "dissapear" after a few hours for people with more oily skin..

So far this bb cream is the only bb cream that matches my skin.. And the colour adaptation on this bb cream is amazing as I have also tried this on my friend with slightly darker skin than me, but falls in the same fair shade category. The colour did not appear like how it appeared on my face but it matched the colour of hers.. It matched both our skin tones. That's why I love this bb cream.

Although I am not a fan of the consistency and the smell, it is still a fantastic product. It blends beautifully and is perfect for people who are looking for a more natural looking product with minimal coverage..
I would definitely repurchase this product again.