August 27, 2014 | 1850 users online

BB Cream - The Body Shop - All-In-One BB Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by alicehare

so, a few days ago i got a sample of this product. i've been wanting to buy it since i read some good reviews of this product. i even try it on the store and the color looks really good on my skin, so i ask some sample. AND i'm glad i did.

i love TBS products especially the body butter and lotion. but this one.......ugh. the smell is awful. and it just did nothing. it doesn't cover anything. and my skin gets oily and itchy even tho i'm supposed to be more on the 'dry' side (my face is combination fyi, the oily part usually just around my t-zone, the other is pretty dry). so this product is probably a big NO for me.

the color is really good tho. it really match my skin and give a healthy color unlike some other bb-cream that i purchased that give me a pale 'grayish' look.

TLDR:
cons: oily, itchy, no coverage
pros: match my skintone and gives a healthy looking tone

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Olivialk

Really nice texture, adapts well to your skin tone. I usually mix this with foundation if I want a more full coverage, but this product is so good for using on hot days or if you only want a little coverage. Little pricey but overall I like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Jessicaj123

As my skin is really fair I find it hard to find a drugstore foundation or bb cream which matches my skin tone.I haven't looked in to getting a high end foundation as I am only 12 and do not have a lot of money to spend on beauty products. But the other day I went in to the body shop with my nan and I was looking at this particular bb cream and she said "I have that at home and I haven't used it you can have it if you want" so I said yes luckily it was in the shade 00 (the lightest shade) she had bought it in a kit which contained the bb cream and the instablur primer. It was £20.00 for the kit which I think is a reasonable price as the primer retails for £14.00 and the bb cream £12.00. For application I like to dot it on and rub it in with my fingers I haven't yet applied it with a brush although I might get the real techniques miracle complexion sponge with my superdrug points to see if the application is different using different tools/methods. I agree with most people about the coverage is quite sheer but that's perfect for me as I don't really have many spots or imperfections to cover. It evens out my skin tone and makes my skin look that bit better whilst still looking like I don't have any on . Also I like that the tube is sealed with a foil tab so that you know nobody else has opened it or used the product. All in all I would say that this product is perfect for someone who likes minimal coverage and likes there makeup to look natural whilst still being a reasonable price.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by sxs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's a tad too sheer, which means it doesn't do much to even out my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Anonymousfox

When I first wanted to buy this bb creams, I read some reviews online, and a majority of people complaint on this product being a huge disappointment.. First of all, if u wanted something with a lot of coverage, u should have bought a foundation.. Not a bb cream. A bb cream is not supposed to cover up all ur blemishes. And there's something called a concealer. So After reading the reviews I too was quite doubtful on whether I should purchase this bb cream and try it out. I have never had any good experiences with bb creams and foundations as they never could perfectly match my skin tone. But the body shop all in one bb cream matched my skin tone beautifully!! It gave my skin a healthy looking glow!! Many people said tht it had a yellowish orange under tone, but I'm Asian so that yellowish undertone was probably why it matched me although my skin is still quite fair and white... Probably cause it had quite a sheer coverage.

Many people also said that the coverage if this bb cream was disappointing.. The minimal coverage wasn't really a problem for me .. It was actually a great factor in my opinion, cause I wanted to achieve an extremely natural look for my everyday makeup... I'm not a fan of products with medium to high coverage as they always hide my freckles, which I do not want to hide. I think that this product would be good for people with dry to normal skin as the product may start to "dissapear" after a few hours for people with more oily skin..

So far this bb cream is the only bb cream that matches my skin.. And the colour adaptation on this bb cream is amazing as I have also tried this on my friend with slightly darker skin than me, but falls in the same fair shade category. The colour did not appear like how it appeared on my face but it matched the colour of hers.. It matched both our skin tones. That's why I love this bb cream.

Although I am not a fan of the consistency and the smell, it is still a fantastic product. It blends beautifully and is perfect for people who are looking for a more natural looking product with minimal coverage..
I would definitely repurchase this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by bunnyfaces

this is too pricey for a useless bb cream. it is almost liquid, no creamy. the tube is the worst. when i opened the tube and the bb cream fell down everywhere in the cover tube. i used shade no.2 and it gives reddish effect on my face and got easily oily after few hours. it covered lightly and looked a little cakey. no like it at all, wouldnt repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by groovygal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really didn't like this BB cream AT ALL! I don't have very bad skin, but it is extremely discoloured with lots of red on my cheeks, an orangey/browny type chin/mouth area, and a more tanned t-zone. Since this product claimed to adjust to your skin colour, I was extremely drawn to it, as I wanted a BB cream that would even out my skin colour but not be too heavy, since I don't really need that much coverage.
I bought the colour 1, and the lady in the shop tested it on my hand and along my chin, and we both thought it looked really nice.
It's a very creamy consistency, and if I had oily skin everywhere on my face (I just have an oily nose!) I would have been wary, but I bought it anyway, since I wasn't planning on using too much on my nose.
However, when I got home, I blended it onto my hand a little bit then blended it on my face, and the colour was completely different to my skin tone... it was bright orange! I had to take it off straight away, and I was extremely disappointed. If the colours didn't change to match your skin, I think this would be an amazing product, but it matched terribly :(
I've tried it at least 4 times, blending it differently, but it still turns out orange in the end.
If you like The Body Shop's makeup products (like I do!), I would highly recommend the Vitamin E Cool BB cream ... it's one colour suits all, but it starts off a skin coloured brown and adapts to your skin colour a lot better and more accurately, plus there's way more in the package!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Theofano

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the 01 shade, the colour adapts well even it gives a slightly darker tone which I guess you could say is towards orange. The cream is very fluid, I've noticed that comes out on clothes/ telephones etc and it makes me feel conscious that my face touching anything.

I was very reluctant to buy it at first as the smell reminded me of something chemical but then again I never had problems with Body Shop products. It offers a good hydration which is satisfying for dry skins but I'm not sure how oily skins would react to that. When applying it gives the unpleasant feel of small grains which dissolve as applying. It has a sheer coverage that doesn't cover blemishes.

I'm not really happy with this product, I have it over two years and just looking forward to finish it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by jolicorne

I'm using it more than one products because I haven't find the right one for me and this product is okay. And because I believe in the bodyshop that much. But honestly this product isn't that good, like everyone says it is too sheer for a bb cream and sometimes the cream doesn't really blend inside the packaging.
And after 2 hours of using you can already see oil in some area of your face.
But this is okay to keep my face moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Autumngirl75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its a very nice BB cream for me i think because reading peoples review i can see that not so many are satisfied with the result and color changing of product,i have medium-olive skin tone and warm may be too but the lady who works at body shop recommend( shade 03) for me and i have realised it was the darkest color.when i came back home i have tried it on and it looked nice not bad really.made my skin all looks very nice,soft with one even skin tone color,healthy, but i think i should have gone for( shade 02).may be next time im going to purchase shade 02 after i will run off shade 03. i still like shade 03..

P.S i never like using foundation on my skin because i always feel it something too heavy for me to use,but with this BB Cream im so happy that i got it.light texture and so lovely.

Thanks