The Body Shop All-In-One BB Cream

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/5/2015 7:26:00 AM

i bought this product out of pure curiosity, i'd never used a BB cream before. I'm pale as a ghost, so when the hispanic salesperson said she used the shade i was looking for.. i should have been suspicious. it was okay the first day! but the next time i used it a few days later, the consistency had completely changed, it was just pure liquid, made an awful mess. so i applied it to my face and i was so confused because i was turning ORANGE! seriously i looked ridiculous and it felt like i was slathering on sunscreen (i didn't use much). I immediately wiped it off and restarted my makeup routine without it.

on 5/1/2015 8:44:00 AM

This one is worth a try, but as you can see from the reviews is pretty divisive! I don't think it's my holy grail BB cream but now that I've been playing with it, it's a fun toy, worth a swatch.

I bought this back before Christmas in a BOGO or sale or something (buy two get 1? I don't even remember). I love dabbling in BB creams and liked the way it swatched on the back of my hand. Got it home and when I applied it with my fingertips, I didn't like the colour that developed. Put it to bed for a while, then pulled it back out the other day. I have discovered that I like the way it develops better if I dispense the product on the back of my hand and use a stippling brush to apply to my face. So if it develops too dark or orange or too anything if you are putting it on with your fingers, try a sponge or brush. This has turned out to be a decent daytime/office light coverage look for me. I'd buy it again in another sale, don't know if I would pay full price. Again, still looking for my HG BB cream but this one is worth a try if you are way into BB Cream and can afford to take a chance on it.

on 4/3/2015 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have not liked BB creams before I came across this one. They were always too greasy, thick, too dark or too ashy. I have a good skin but my skin is very dry and it lacks the glow. I hate the ugly frosty and fake looking finish that powder highlighters give me. I wanted a natural looking shiny glow rather than frosty glow. This gives me an instant youthfull boost. I have a very fair slightly yellow toned skin. Shade 00 is a perfect match for me and the best of all the product does not have a fragrance. I only think it is bit expensive but to be honest not too bad.

on 3/17/2015 2:24:00 AM

first impression: lightweight, light coverage, skin matching bb cream. I have light medium skin tone but shade 00 matches me just fine. this evens out some sun spots I have gotten from my hs years when I didn't use SPF religiously yet. this doesn't have spf in it so I need to put something underneath with SPF before using this product. it seems to last all day but I have only been indoors while testing so I can't say how it holds up in summer weather. $20 for 1 oz tube, not expensive for a higher up brand but not cheap. will update after testing it when I wear it outdoors

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

It's a pretty good BB cream. It doesn't really have any noticeable coverage, though, it does wonders in evening out my skin tone! It gives my skin a natural and illuminating dewy finish. It might not be my favourite BB cream, but it's honestly a good one. Also, it's PERFECT for people with sensitive skin :)

on 2/22/2015 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is basically a lotion with no spf... It provides a barely there coverage, even for a bb cream but i found it to be buildable in layers. This bb cream definately needs to be set no matter what skin type you have. One plus for this product is the color matching. The white beaded liquid transforms as you blend it into the skin and matches olive and yellow undertones amazingly but will not cover discoloration or redness very well. (Works best using you fingers to apply). It's perfect for people with already evenly toned skin going for a glowing look. If you have olive or yellow toned skin give it a try but otherwise i would pass..

on 2/15/2015 2:56:00 PM

Like other reviewers have said, this product really doesn't offer much, if any, coverage. I find that if you use a bit more product or layer it, you'll get very sheer coverage that gives your skin a nice glow. I have some redness in my skin and definitely need to add concealer or a medium coverage foundation if I'm going for a more 'done' look. I do like how this feels when I apply it and I like the fragrance (kinda floral) and I do like to wear it when I just want to give my skin a bit of luminosity. Also, you really don't get much in that tiny tube for the price.

on 1/5/2015 9:30:00 PM

This product... sometimes I like it but mostly I hate it. I don't really understand what it's supposed to do other than tint your skin orange. There's absolutely zero coverage, so don't bother picking this up to cover any imperfections.

I can however make it work with some mineral powder over top which helps even out the orange-ness and surprisingly looks natural and lasts a long time. So, basically I use it as a primer now! Definitely would NOT repurchase though, not worth the price at all.

on 12/22/2014 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product did absolutely nothing for me. I understand that its a BB Cream and there's not much coverage but it was literally a waste of money and time. Not very impressed!!!!!!!!!!!

on 11/8/2014 6:35:00 PM

This product really does illuminate my face but other than this it's not the best or the worst product it's a bb cream so obviously not great coverage it's quite good for the summer but I found it really watery even when I shook the 'bottle' it sounded like water I don't really know why but for the price there's way better drugstore foundations so I don't think is buy it again