The Body Shop All-In-One BB Cream

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I purchased this product at a Body Shop party after the lady hosting it sang its praises about being a revolutionary BB cream that matches your skin tone perfectly. I tried the lightest shade on the back of my hand and was pleasantly surprised as the white cream morphed into my skin colour within seconds.

This BB cream comes in a silver tube and is a smooth, white cream that miraculously changes to your exact skin tone when applied.

I was very excited when my tube arrived and immediately went and applied it to my face. I was extremely pleased with what I saw, a nice, even coverage, matched exactly to my skin tone. Fast forward a few minutes and I was horrified to see my perfect match had turned a patchy, peachy colour (not in a good way). I immediately removed it and not wanting to be let down by this product, I applied it again more lightly. It worked a little better but it still had an unnatural looking orange undertone. I thought if I wore it for a few hours, it may settle down somehow. It didn't. It got darker and more peachy as time went on and I had several breakouts the following day.

It's a nice idea but needs some more fine tuning. I was disappointed as I usually adore The Body Shop. However, this was the first makeup product of theirs I have tried and it has put me off a little I'm sorry to say.

Pros - Nice packaging, smooth application, even coverage,

Cons - Does not develop into a natural colour, turns orangey after a few minutes, clogs pores.

on 9/17/2015 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This product was a huge letdown :( I have been shopping at The Body Shop for years and years and I even worked as an assistant manager there! I love so many of their products and I swear by the majority of what I buy there, but this just did not work for me at all! My skin is combination/oily and this did NOT stay on my skin! It has an oil base which is wonderful for super dry skin, but oily gals beware! It moved around my smile lines and between my eyebrows, slid off my jawline, and even slid on my cheeks! It is a color-match formula, so it starts off white and "matches" your skin tone. The shades run really dark, most women I tried to fit with a shade left empty handed because of this, and it oxidizes in a very strange manner. It starts dark, starts to look light and cakey, then darkens to a whole new level at the first sign of oil. It was very disappointing. Many women swear by this, and it was a decent seller, but unless your have extremely warm undertones and dry dry dry skin, I would keep looking.

on 9/9/2015 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not really fond of using BB Creams at all, i just gave this a try, but then as expected i didn't liked it at all. The consistency was very runny/liquidy same as the L'oreal Nude Magique Bb Cream, starts of as white then transform into skin color. What i don't like about it is it doesn't even have any coverage at all compared to other bb cream that could cover some redness. I gave it away. Hopefully they would find a way to make it work on them.

on 9/1/2015 8:28:00 AM

If you have fair skin stay away from this product!

The shades range is awful for pale skin, the product claims to match to your skin colour when blended in. I ordered the palest shade in the range from their website, and I used it ONCE before giving it away as it was just bright orange on me. For reference I am NW15-NW20 at MAC.

I could not make it work for me at all, and the coverage wasn't great either. I think this is just yet another brand trying to do a 'BB cream', but yet they are not compareable at all to the proper Asian BB creams which are usually fantastic.

After hearing many good reviews about this product, I decided to try it out- as my first BB Cream. The price is £12.00 for a 25ml tube, so I'm sure that you could find much better value on the high street. At first I loved it but then it made my skin go very orange toned- as if I've failed at using some fake tan. The formula is okay, there is very little coverage but perfect for those who have flawless skin and it feels very lightweight.

- Lightweight
- Easy to apply
- Cruelty Free
- Handy Packaging, doesn't take up much room in your makeup bag

- Very little coverage
- Shades are very orange, even the lightest 00.
- Not worth the price, £12.00 for a small tube
- Does very little

Overall I would not repurchase this as you can find much better value in other brands that are cheaper, and that would be more effective.

I decided to buy this product mainly because of the flashy packaging (I'm a sucker of anything shiny) and honestly this product just isn't for me.
The coverage is very light and personally I prefer a BB cream with a bit heavier coverage due to my acne but if your skin is very clear then this is the perfect product as it gently adapts to your skin tone to even out any discolouration.
Because I absolutely hate wasting products I try to use this with the body shop "all in one base" which gives a high coverage and it is the most AMAZING combination as it looks like natural skin but covers up any imperfections.
Overall I probably wouldn't repurchase this product because I have other BB creams that I prefer.

on 6/4/2015 10:51:00 PM

Turned orange on my skin and pilled when used in conjunction with other cosmetics. I did not care for the sticky consistency, either.

on 5/5/2015 7:26:00 AM

i bought this product out of pure curiosity, i'd never used a BB cream before. I'm pale as a ghost, so when the hispanic salesperson said she used the shade i was looking for.. i should have been suspicious. it was okay the first day! but the next time i used it a few days later, the consistency had completely changed, it was just pure liquid, made an awful mess. so i applied it to my face and i was so confused because i was turning ORANGE! seriously i looked ridiculous and it felt like i was slathering on sunscreen (i didn't use much). I immediately wiped it off and restarted my makeup routine without it.

on 5/1/2015 8:44:00 AM

This one is worth a try, but as you can see from the reviews is pretty divisive! I don't think it's my holy grail BB cream but now that I've been playing with it, it's a fun toy, worth a swatch.

I bought this back before Christmas in a BOGO or sale or something (buy two get 1? I don't even remember). I love dabbling in BB creams and liked the way it swatched on the back of my hand. Got it home and when I applied it with my fingertips, I didn't like the colour that developed. Put it to bed for a while, then pulled it back out the other day. I have discovered that I like the way it develops better if I dispense the product on the back of my hand and use a stippling brush to apply to my face. So if it develops too dark or orange or too anything if you are putting it on with your fingers, try a sponge or brush. This has turned out to be a decent daytime/office light coverage look for me. I'd buy it again in another sale, don't know if I would pay full price. Again, still looking for my HG BB cream but this one is worth a try if you are way into BB Cream and can afford to take a chance on it.

on 4/3/2015 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have not liked BB creams before I came across this one. They were always too greasy, thick, too dark or too ashy. I have a good skin but my skin is very dry and it lacks the glow. I hate the ugly frosty and fake looking finish that powder highlighters give me. I wanted a natural looking shiny glow rather than frosty glow. This gives me an instant youthfull boost. I have a very fair slightly yellow toned skin. Shade 00 is a perfect match for me and the best of all the product does not have a fragrance. I only think it is bit expensive but to be honest not too bad.