Trader Joe's Coconut Body Butter

4.3

COCONUT BODY BUTTER : water, coconut oil, cetyl alcohol, capric/caprylic triglyceride, glyceryl stearate se, glycerin, stearyl alcohol, Shea butter, aloe leaf juice, clary extract, vitamin E, grapefruit fruit extract, yucca extract, dimethicone, orange peel extract, rosemary leaf extract, marshmallow extract, lemongrass extract, carbomer, centella asiaica extract, matricaria flower extract, polysorbate, 20, hops extract, sodium benzoate, disodium EDTA, lemon peel extract, horsetail extract, vaccinium myrtillus fruit/leaf extract, fragrance, ethylhexylglycerin, phenoxyethanol, sodium hydroxide, potassium sorbate. PUMPKIN BODY BUTTER : water, coconut oil, cetyl alcohol, shea butter, glycerin, stearyl alcohol, dimethicone, Pumpkin seed oil, Clary extract, grapefruit fruit extract, orange peel extract, rosemary leaf extract, Chamomile Recutita extract, lemon peel extract, Banana fruit extract, coconut extract, ginger root extract, guava fruit extract, lemongrass extract, papaya fruit extract, arrowroot extract, raspberry fruit extract, sandalwood extract, kelp extract, watercress extract, kukui extract, aloe leaf juice, tocopheryl acetate, carbomer, cetearyl olivate, sorbitan olivate, glyceryl caprylate, glyceryl undecylenate, fragrance, tetrasodium glutamate diacetate, sodium hydroxide. Contains Tree nuts

on 3/6/2015 2:15:00 PM

So.. I love the texture, consistency, and moisturizing power, but I had to wash it off after a half hour because I could not stand the smell. Sniffing the jar gives me a coconut-y, buttery, vanilla-y yumminess. But on (clean) skin? It's like... the smell of a really busy and not very well maintained tanning salon, or an old car with used take-out containers in the back seat and one of those dangling coconut-scented pine trees hanging from the rear view mirror.

There must be some dang nasty chemistry happening with my ph, given everyone else's great reviews. I've stirred in several drops of vanilla and peppermint scented oil in the hope of salvaging it as a foot cream--we'll see!

on 12/27/2014 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This stuff is almost heaven in a jar. It could be a bit more moisturizing but I can seal it with vaseline. I will repurchase again.

on 12/20/2014 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is now one of my favorite body butters. I kept hearing about this and love Trader Joes so I thought I would check it out. It's very thick and it's all natural. It's like using pure coconut oil but it's mixed with tons of great things.

It sinks in pretty quick and keeps my skin very soft and moisturized for well over 16 hours. This stuff is super affordable as well and worth every penny and more.

on 12/17/2014 3:12:00 PM

This has become a family favorite. New England winters are hard on our skin and my husband and daughter both love this. It actually spreads well on skin, smells lovely, and the moisturization lasts all day. And it is affordable! How great is that!?!

on 12/8/2014 10:16:00 PM

I was anxious to try this. I liked the butter part but it smells like candle wax!! Maybe I purchased a bad batch?

on 11/28/2014 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I like the smell but I was getting from this. It took about a week for them to heal. I am not allergic to coconut either so it may be some other ingredient causing the rashes.

on 10/29/2014 10:39:00 AM

OH MY GOSH PEOPLE, this stuff is the bomb. I am officially obsessed. Just like any other body butter, texture wise- i compare it to the ones i have bought from bath and body. the price is just as great as the product. $4.99 for 8oz. my bath and body creams are $15 for 7oz. the smell is amazing, however i LOVE coconut smell. and i love that the lid just kinda flips open rather then a jar lid. i will be buying this forever!

on 10/6/2014 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This is not really a body butter - it is not as emollient or moisturizing as one. The smell is good and it looks like coconut frosting. To be really honest, it hasn't been all that moisturizing for my skin, which is more on the dry-ish side. It does work for some quick moisturizing but the effect does not stay. Yes, I do follow the method where the body butter is applied after a shower. I like the scent. Ingredients are mostly decent, except for phenoxyethanol.

I like that the lid of the tin opens on a hinge instead of a screw-top.
I do like the fact that it is quite cheap but we get what we pay for.
So for some quick moisturizing that does not last long, this body butter is great.

Note however that the Trader Joe's Pumpkin Body Butter is much better than the Coconut one. Former product is only available in Fall season. The scent is pleasing and it is more emollient than it's friend the Coconut body butter. Ingredients also differ slightly.

on 8/31/2014 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this body butter. It is a thick, white, coconut scented whipped cream in a round container with a flip-top lid. The packaging is easy to use & less messy than traditional "screw top" body butter canisters. The scent is like a light (not overwhelming) coconut, and it almost smells like coconut cake on my skin. Not like an overwhelming pina colada or fake coconut scent. It has a slight vanilla scent to it, I'm guessing due to the shea butter & marshmallow extract ingredients. My skin is normal to slightly dry, and I find this very moisturizing. It is thick and rich, and a little goes a very long way. I like to use this after a day when I've been out swimming or in the sun, and my skin feels very dry. (It is also nice on sunburns.) I also love this for my hands, which tend to get quite dry. Inexpensive, works great, smells great. Will definitely repurchase.

on 8/21/2014 12:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm so happy I found the stuff… Every night I just slathered on my arms and legs and it's so great and wonderful smelling!!