November 26, 2014 | 934 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Trader Joe's - Coconut Body Butter

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by bmcnally

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

OH MY GOSH PEOPLE, this stuff is the bomb. I am officially obsessed. Just like any other body butter, texture wise- i compare it to the ones i have bought from bath and body. the price is just as great as the product. $4.99 for 8oz. my bath and body creams are $15 for 7oz. the smell is amazing, however i LOVE coconut smell. and i love that the lid just kinda flips open rather then a jar lid. i will be buying this forever!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is not really a body butter - it is not as emollient or moisturizing as one. The smell is good and it looks like coconut frosting. To be really honest, it hasn't been all that moisturizing for my skin, which is more on the dry-ish side. It does work for some quick moisturizing but the effect does not stay. Yes, I do follow the method where the body butter is applied after a shower. I like the scent. Ingredients are mostly decent, except for phenoxyethanol.

I like that the lid of the tin opens on a hinge instead of a screw-top.
I do like the fact that it is quite cheap but we get what we pay for.
So for some quick moisturizing that does not last long, this body butter is great.

Note however that the Trader Joe's Pumpkin Body Butter is much better than the Coconut one. Former product is only available in Fall season. The scent is pleasing and it is more emollient than it's friend the Coconut body butter. Ingredients also differ slightly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this body butter. It is a thick, white, coconut scented whipped cream in a round container with a flip-top lid. The packaging is easy to use & less messy than traditional "screw top" body butter canisters. The scent is like a light (not overwhelming) coconut, and it almost smells like coconut cake on my skin. Not like an overwhelming pina colada or fake coconut scent. It has a slight vanilla scent to it, I'm guessing due to the shea butter & marshmallow extract ingredients. My skin is normal to slightly dry, and I find this very moisturizing. It is thick and rich, and a little goes a very long way. I like to use this after a day when I've been out swimming or in the sun, and my skin feels very dry. (It is also nice on sunburns.) I also love this for my hands, which tend to get quite dry. Inexpensive, works great, smells great. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by annahogan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm so happy I found the stuff… Every night I just slathered on my arms and legs and it's so great and wonderful smelling!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Nature4me

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

PHENOXYETHANOL??? Do you really want to put this chemical on your face that is created from BENZENE (a known carcinogen) then treated with ETHYLENE OXIDE (another known carcinogen)? This preservative takes the place of PARABEN. But read about it and then ask yourself if you want this on your skin. They may say they only add a small percentage of this chemical in their product but a little here and a little there adds up.

The FDA says this about Phenoxyethanol:
"It can depress the central nervous system and may cause vomiting and diarrhea". (Truth in aging. June 4, 2013

It's been banned in Japan and should be in the US too.
Trader Joe's- Please look at replacing Phenoxyethanol with a natural preservative.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by ejforster

This past winter my skin was the driest it ever has been. I tried shower oils, Tree Hut body butter, Burt's Bees -- I would start to feel dry & itchy again within a few hours. Not so with TJs coconut body butter! I love it -- it smells like coconut cake, goes on quickly and easily, and the container works very well as others have said. It really can't be beat for the price. A tip for those who said it wasn't moisturizing enough -- I always put mine on when I get out of the shower and it seems to do a great job for me (in fact, I read a dermatologist tip the other day which said that is when you should always put on body lotion). It is *body* butter -- someone's review mentioned using it on hands but that is not what it is made for and I would agree that it washes away quickly. But for body lotion it is tops!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by domin007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have fairly dry skin and although this isn't the most moisturizing thing ever, whatever it does give seems to last all day. It smells great, like a coconut scented buttercream icing, but unlike the three BaBW lotions I'm struggling to use up, the scent isn't overpowering. Despite the relatively inexpensive price of 8 oz for $5, the packaging isn't complete rubbish and I like hte easy to open and close lid that just snaps on.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by BostonApril

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this body butter for the past 2 years and I think it is one of the best moisturizers I've tried. The consistency of the body butter is amazing and it feels great on application--it makes my skin smooth and supple. It improves the appearance of my skin and makes me feel more confident in my shorts or swimsuit. It absorbs quickly and does not feel greasy at all. It smells fantastic--while it has a distinct coconut fragrance, it is not at all overwhelming. And for the price, you can't beat it! It also comes in a very easy to use container with a flip top--you can easily stick your fingers in for a dollup--and it's one that is easy to open and close. The way the container is designed, you'll never find yourself struggling to get the last bit of it out of the container.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by tito_barf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is somewhat moisturizing, but not awesome for me -- I never find I get great relief from oil/butter-based products. When I use this on my hands, I find myself reaching for a less oily product to actually make them feel moisturized. It doesn't do a thing for my itchy legs.
The smell is STRONG for me, and lasts most of the day, so ask to smell it first (they will let you) if you are sensitive.
I have found, however, that I can use this as a hair mask! Pure coconut oil would be better, but this does a decent job. Now I have a way to use this up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a basic body butter that serves its purpose....moisturizing. I have no idea where the comparison to cake/ icing comes from, as far as the scent goes. Smells like your basic coconut scented cream to me. Nothing spectacular. The consistency is great! Smooth/ silky, and absorbs well. The packaging is perfect also. Flip top. Everyday staple product for the whole family, at a good price point. I like it.