July 31, 2014 | 1718 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Small Stipple Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 8:15:00 AM More reviews by acciohashi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This stipple brush is small, hence the name. The diameter of the brush head is about the size of a quarter. All the bristles are synthetic and very soft. There is no harshness to them and they don't poke skin. The construction of the brush is really sturdy and doesn't look like it'll fall apart anytime soon. The brush is truly duo-fiber, no dip-dyed like other "stipple" brushes. It's dense enough so that when stipple(pat, dab, tap, not buff or swirl) product, it won't disturb the foundation or concealer or primer or any skin care and cause a mess, but still flexible enough on the top bristles to blend it out. This works very well with very pigmented liquid/cream/wet products as it sheers them out and you can also build it up if you so desire. The size makes it ideal for blush or highlight and maybe bronzer, anywhere where you want sheer but build-able precise application and blending. If you like small foundation brushes, you may like this for stippling foundation. I've use it to stipple a BB cream and it worked pretty well to deliver that pixel-perfect airbrush finish and it was very easy to build up the coverage in problem areas. I used a more liquidy product so some product was wasted on the brush as opposed to what would have been wasted had I used my fingers. Pros, like Wayne Goss, like using smaller duo fiber brushes for foundations, so if you're interested in trying but don't want to take the plunge, try using this brush. Looking up close, the brush isn't very elegant looking. The taller white bristles are easily seen even where the denser black bristles are, so it's not an elegant-looking black and white duo fiber separation. Maybe 3 or 4 bristles on my brush splay out a tiny bit. This doesn't affect application and I don't frankly care how a brush looks but this might be some deciding factors for others. The brush is pretty cheap, compared to other brushes at only $3 with no sale or discount. I will say that to people who hardly use or see brushes think that this brush performs and evens looks like a more expensive and elegant brush. Connoisseurs will of course be able to spot the difference between this brush and mid-range to high-end brushes. Unlike my essential brushes, the label on the handle with the brush name doesn't rub off with use. I think this brush is a staple for everyone. If you really want a bigger stipple brush for whatever purpose that's also affordable, the Real Techniques one is also pretty good and larger and is also a good staple everyone should have.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

e.l.f. Studio Small Stipple Brush is good, but it's not my favourite. I won't go as far as to say it's not the right brush for me; I think it's annoying to use because it's too small! I know you're all going to think I'm nuts for complaining about a small brush being too small, but I'm not exaggerating: if you hold up Small Stipple Brush to Studio Stipple Brush, you'll also see that the size difference is a way too great. Anyway, I use it to apply liquid foundation &/or concealer & even that's a stretch for me because it takes forever if you use it for foundation. I would not ever suggest this to apply a cream foundation or blush because the hair is too flimsy & nowhere near as dense as I'd like for cream products.It's too soft to give me the heavy or full coverage I prefer. I think this stipple brush is better suited to highlight ad conceal as opposed to applying a full face because of its obnoxiously small size. I like this to apply foundation around my eyes & eyebrow ring, on the bridge of my nose, & around my lips. Because it's only $3, I'd buy another one just to have it, but I without doubt prefer the big stipple brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this brush! For $3 you can't go wrong! I only use it for foundation, so I can't comment on other uses for it. I alternate this with my shiseido perfect foundation brush. I use this one when I want a little less coverage. Love the way it blends my foundation, gives a really nice soft finish. If you are considering the Mac 131, I would definitely give this a try first. I've had mine for over a year and have had no problems with shedding. I've even purchased a second for when I travel.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by yuwannano

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Meh. Frankly, the flat top powder blush is way better for stippling. Don't get me wrong, it's a decent brush, it's just not a multi use brush. It works for stippling blush, but if you use it for your foundation it will take forever. Get the flat powder brush instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by SocialBeach

Perfect

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

The ferrule fell off straight out of the package. It wasn't even worth gluing back on because it applies streaky compared to all my other stippling brushes. The quality is nothing like the other studio brushes they make.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Beautybaaby

I love this brush! It's super affordable and good quality. The hairs don't fall out or anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by cheesedippable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After I bought this, cream product suddenly became a lot more easier and funner to use! I like that it's small so that I can control the area that I want to cover with my blush or my liquid highlighter, which previously, I didn't like to use because it was too shimmery when applied with just fingers. But the stippling action with this brush disperses the sparkles and it makes applying liquid highlighter a no brainer. I credit this brush for helping me pull out stuff that I haven't used in a while and hopefully to finish it up.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by troo12

I am not a fan. I haven't tried any other stipple brushes so I don't have much to compare it to...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by rock_chica81

Love this brush! Use it to apply my cream blushes including the elf hd studio cream blush. Havent had any problems with it shedding or being scratchy. And for only $3?! Amazing!