August 21, 2014 | 1785 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Small Stipple Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Lashaye16

I am not a MUA or anything of that nature. I just do what I see on you tube. I like this brush I can't compare it to other brushes because I don't splurge on brushes. I only use this to blend out my concealer under my eye. I recently purchased a beauty blender so I will be trying that with my concealer but this is an overall nice brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2014 2:43:00 AM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not a fan. I found it applied product very streaky and made my skin look patchy. I have enjoyed other brushed from elf, but this is one that really isn't that great to me. I can see it working well for cream blush, though.

Also - the brush head fell out of the handle in a day. Had to fix it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a kit with all of ELF's studio line brushes, and this is one from the kit that I use every day! I use it to blend cream blush over my foundation and it blends it beautifully! It hasn't shed any bristles, it is soft, the fibers are synthetic so they don't hold onto color, it dries back to its original shape after washing and is just a fantastic brush in general. I am sure it would be useful for other purposes but I love it for blending cream blush. I recommend these brushes to anyone looking for quality brushes for less money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I absolutely love it, as I can use it for putting on blush, highlighter, or even pressed face powder with. It applies just the right amount of color and it blends everything so well. I actually own several of these. As, they are definitely a must-have.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by ziggymama

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

After using this a couple of times, I went out and bought 2 more! Can't beat the price at $3. I mostly use it to apply heavier foundation to my chin, where I'm prone to red, dry skin. So the brush needs to be soft, and doesn't "wipe off" the product, but gives me a nice natural finish. And with what's left (on the bristles), I touch up around my nose. Also works well blending already-applied blush, especially cream or liquid. It also cleans up really well, no shedding, stays soft. Re: the person complaining about the size: yeah, it's SMALL; I have larger ones for those uses. This one is good for smaller precision stippling; I use it more than my more expensive larger ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a must have brush! I use this to blend out cream products such as cream blushes and cream bronzers and it leaves such a beautiful well blended finish. It's softer than most of the other stipple brushes I own

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Meggs88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never use to use brushing when applying my foundation, I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to makeup. However I sometimes watch makeup videos online and always see girls using a brush for liquid foundation so I bought this brush for only $3. It's amazing! Makes my foundation go a long long way, goes on so much more smoothly, and spreads so much more evenly. It blends great! And it's so so soft. Easy to clean. Works with powder or skin highlighter too, and I don't need to clean it switching between liquid to powder or vise verses. It's all around perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by ashli185

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Applies blush (cream, powder, liquid whatever) PERFECTLY. I have two on backup. Love.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 8:15:00 AM More reviews by acciohashi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This stipple brush is small, hence the name. The diameter of the brush head is about the size of a quarter. All the bristles are synthetic and very soft. There is no harshness to them and they don't poke skin. The construction of the brush is really sturdy and doesn't look like it'll fall apart anytime soon. The brush is truly duo-fiber, no dip-dyed like other "stipple" brushes. It's dense enough so that when stipple(pat, dab, tap, not buff or swirl) product, it won't disturb the foundation or concealer or primer or any skin care and cause a mess, but still flexible enough on the top bristles to blend it out. This works very well with very pigmented liquid/cream/wet products as it sheers them out and you can also build it up if you so desire. The size makes it ideal for blush or highlight and maybe bronzer, anywhere where you want sheer but build-able precise application and blending. If you like small foundation brushes, you may like this for stippling foundation. I've use it to stipple a BB cream and it worked pretty well to deliver that pixel-perfect airbrush finish and it was very easy to build up the coverage in problem areas. I used a more liquidy product so some product was wasted on the brush as opposed to what would have been wasted had I used my fingers. Pros, like Wayne Goss, like using smaller duo fiber brushes for foundations, so if you're interested in trying but don't want to take the plunge, try using this brush. Looking up close, the brush isn't very elegant looking. The taller white bristles are easily seen even where the denser black bristles are, so it's not an elegant-looking black and white duo fiber separation. Maybe 3 or 4 bristles on my brush splay out a tiny bit. This doesn't affect application and I don't frankly care how a brush looks but this might be some deciding factors for others. The brush is pretty cheap, compared to other brushes at only $3 with no sale or discount. I will say that to people who hardly use or see brushes think that this brush performs and evens looks like a more expensive and elegant brush. Connoisseurs will of course be able to spot the difference between this brush and mid-range to high-end brushes. Unlike my essential brushes, the label on the handle with the brush name doesn't rub off with use. I think this brush is a staple for everyone. If you really want a bigger stipple brush for whatever purpose that's also affordable, the Real Techniques one is also pretty good and larger and is also a good staple everyone should have.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

e.l.f. Studio Small Stipple Brush is good, but it's not my favourite. I won't go as far as to say it's not the right brush for me; I think it's annoying to use because it's too small! I know you're all going to think I'm nuts for complaining about a small brush being too small, but I'm not exaggerating: if you hold up Small Stipple Brush to Studio Stipple Brush, you'll also see that the size difference is a way too great. Anyway, I use it to apply liquid foundation &/or concealer & even that's a stretch for me because it takes forever if you use it for foundation. I would not ever suggest this to apply a cream foundation or blush because the hair is too flimsy & nowhere near as dense as I'd like for cream products. It's too soft to give me a heavy or full coverage.

I think this stipple brush is better suited to highlight & conceal as opposed to applying a full face because of its obnoxiously small size. I like this to apply foundation around my eyes & eyebrow ring, on the bridge of my nose, & around my lips. Because it's only $3, I'd buy another one just to have it, but I without doubt prefer the normal/big stipple brush.