September 20, 2014 | 1478 users online

BB Cream - Sana - Pore Putty BB cream SPF 50+

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Went to Tokyo for New Year's with my family. I googled "best Japanese cosmetics" after some research I decided to buy this bb cream (it was a toss up between Canmake's SPF 50 bb cream). When I went to Oeno, I came across this in the Takeya cosmetics section! I was in cosmetic heaven!! Besides shiseido & shu uemura being significantly less expensive, they had samples of almost all of their makeup products.

Sana Pore Putty ended up around 8 usd. Upon using it gives a natural glow and no ashy/gray tones! Coverage is not thick, so won't recommend this for ladies needing a lot to cover up. Ended up buying 3... Along with other fabulous japanese products like k-palette, heroine mascara, majolica majora.

Checking online, it retails around 16 usd in ebay... Highly recommended! In fact gave one each to my mom & best friend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by cherrilovee

Sana Keana Pate Shokunin Pore Putty BB Cream SPF50 PA+++ 30g is the one that I have, and I've heard many great things about this product. This is an amazing product. The BB cream gives a very poreless and flawless finish that is very natural, and you look like you don't have any makeup on at all. You actually only need a pea-sized amount for your entire face. I have large pores and redness on my cheeks, and I covered it all up with just an amount of a small grain of rice. I actually have the Makeup Forever HD foundation, and I actually needed a whole pump of the foundation to give the results that a small pea-sized amount of the BB cream gave my face. Also, the BB cream still has a very natural finish. For the downsides: It doesn't have a very moisturizing feel, and it has a lot of SPF, and titanium dioxide, meaning it will give your face a white cast in photos and flash photography. It also only comes in ONE shade...fortunately, I found this BB cream just a right match for my skin color, with my yellow undertone. For cool-toned or neutral-toned people, or with people with more darker skin tones, this product is not for you. It has excellent coverage for a BB cream, I really would not recommend this for people with really bad acne scars or acne. Although it has amazing coverage, it's still a BB cream, so it won't give you the coverage that you need to cover up your blemishes. I recommend applying this with your fingers, but brush works fine as well. I use my concealer with this BB cream to cover up dark circles and blemishes.
I haven't tried this enough to say how long it lasts, but I've heard it has amazing lasting power too. It's kind of expensive, but it's worth all the bucks. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Ayuri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

TL;DR REVIEW: Coverage isn't great, but skin looks natural and nice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FULL REVIEW:
Sana Pore Putty BB Cream comes in 3 flavors: the original SPF 50+, the blue tubed "Smooth" with SPF 15 for oily/combo skin, and the orange tubed "Enrich" with SPF 15 for dry skin. I added pictures of the latter 2 for reference.

I have only tried the Smooth version, and not only is it my first bb cream, it's also my first base makeup of any type (that I actually used more than once), so I can't offer any comparisons. I purchased it for around $11 on sale at sasa.com, and you get 30g in a cute blue squeezy tube. My review below is for the Smooth version only.

APPLICATION:
The first time I applied it, I was severely disappointed. I started with my usual moisturizer and sunscreen, then squeezed a very small amount of the bb cream onto my fingers. It came out the tube a pale beige creamy-gel consistency (so far so good, at least it's not scarily gray like many popular bb creams). I was afraid it would be too pale for my light-medium skin, but color wise it blended in flawlessly and my skin felt smoother. However, there was almost zero coverage, it looked oddly cakey/powdery for something I applied so thinly, and it accentuated every dry spot/flake. I was sorely tempted to remove the product at this point, but my laziness kicked in and I just let it be.

AS THE DAY WORE ON:
I chanced to glance at a mirror about an hour or two later and was shocked by what I saw: the cakiness was gone, and so were my pores. Because I hadn't put much on, the coverage was still quite sheer; you could still see any dark blemishes or spots. On the other hand, it didn't feel or look like I was wearing any base makeup at all, even if I scrutinized my face up-close in the mirror. But my skin looked slightly airbrushed, like it was better than it really was. They really weren't kidding about "Pore Putty." By bedtime, I was a bit shinier, but the overall slightly airbrushed look was still in effect. The bb cream had not faded at all.

REMOVAL:
Removal was easy with my cleansing oil. This bb cream is not nearly as tough as waterproof Asian sunscreens. However, I don't think gentle cleansers would do the job either. You'd need something that works on foundations to remove it completely.

THINGS TO BEWARE:
1) You can't depend on this bb cream to provide adequate sun protection. Not only is this product merely SPF15 and PA++, base makeup can't replace sunscreen anyway.
2) If you have dry skin or flakes, either moisturize really really well or try something else. The Enrich version, for example, is meant for people with dry skin.
3) If you have extremely oily skin, don't expect this to completely keep the shine away either. It does provide some shine control, but you may need a primer or powder if oiliness is a major problem for you.
4) It has at max medium-ish coverage, but where this product really excels is at the sheer to light coverage level, when your skin looks great but no one can tell you're wearing makeup. So you might need a concealer in addition.
5) All three versions of this bb cream are one-shade-fits-all, so watch out if you have particularly light or dark skin. My best guess is if your skin tone is within the range of light to medium you'll be fine.
6) It takes a little while to set, so don't put this on immediately before you need to meet people. On the plus side, it will last all day.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 4:11:00 AM More reviews by mickey5252

Although I still have a bunch of BB creams that needs to be finished, I still ran out to get this after watching bubz summer loving video. (If I ever want to use up my ever increasing makeup collection, I really do need to stay away from youtube and makeupalley....)

The Sana BB cream has a very light texture, which I think works really well for the summer, but it doesn't really cover that well, and I still need my concealer. Since this is advertised to cover pores, I was kind of dissapointed, because it didn't work any better than my other BB creams.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by ggalie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a product very similar to this but in a compress. I live in Japan and bought it recently, I've been using it for a few days and no irritation at all! When I first apply it it's a little light for my skin but throughout the day it blends in with my skin color. I used to use Revlon Color Stay, and I think the color payoff is just about similar. Previously I've used Smashbox BB and the formula of this is much less greasy and long-lasting.

I don't notice much in terms of making pores invisible but I never really noticed or was bothered by my pores to begin with. For an Italian-skinned girl living in a foreign land, this product is a win!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by defenestrator

LOVE.

Good coverage, gets red of redness, has SPF 50...which is a miracle. I no longer have to buy Shiseido SPF to put underneath foundation, which is now saving me money.

Usually, upon taking off my foundation at the end of the day, I think...eugh, right, that's what my foundation was covering. But with this BB cream, I take it off and think...wow, my skin looks pretty good! I can tell it's improving my skin and helping fade my scars from...being hit in the face by sharp objects (thanks you former students).

With every other foundation, my pores would get a little clogged (or a lot), but after I washed my face, put on toner, went to bed and woke up, all would be right again. With this BB cream, there are no clogged pores when I take it off, so the texture of my skin is improving, too.

$14 I can deal with; especially since it comes with the SPF.

I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by Lillyan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This BB cream is great! A small amount goes a long way with this bb cream. The color is yellowish. I am NC 15-20, and it worked fine for me. Even though they only have this in one color, I think the color suits many skin colors. If it is too dark/too light then you can always mix it with a foundation to make the color suit you.
The coverage can be sheer to medium, all depending on how much you apply, however, you will have to use concealer to cover up dark circles etc.
I do get oily after some hours, but it can easily be fixed with powder or anti oily- primers.

Love this product though! Spf 50 is quite crazy, love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised no one has written a review on this product yet. I bought this product from Sasa.com and received it within a week of purchasing (who would've thought). The price was quite cheap actually for $13.50 USD. This is a Japanese BB cream. The texture is quite smooth and covers my blemishes quite well. However, like all other BB creams/foundations, if you apply too much, it'll look cakey. I put a thin layer over my face to even out the skin tone. It's a medium coverage so if you want to hide the big blemishes, you'll need to use a spot concealer on top. I don't believe it has a smell to it so I'm not worried about fragrance or allergies. Also, it has a very high SPF 50 which is good during the summer. For me, it gives a matte look once applied and for some reason, noticed that it help keep me not produce so much oil on my face throughout the day. I don't get as oily as quick as when I use other BB creams, such as Skin79. The only problem is that this BB cream only comes in 1 shade. I'm not sure if more shades will be more available later on, but at the moment there is just 1. For reference, I am NC30-35 and yellow toned. This BB cream is quite yellow so if you're warm toned, it may not suit you, let alone the only 1 choice of color shade. This hasn't broke me out so I'm happy with that too. The fact that it's pretty cheap and comes in a 30g tube, I would repurchase.