Yves Saint Laurent Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, PEG-10, Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride,, Phenoxyethanol, Caprytyl Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexylgycerin, Fragrance, Aluminum Hydroxide, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Dipropylene Glycol, Isotridecyl Isononanoate. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 5/29/2015 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

YSL TTE is a product that is a HG for many, but did not work for me. I can understand the appeal of it, certainly, and if it works for you, I am mighty jealous, but my experience with it is as such:

The product is liquidy, not super runny, but it's still a liquid so if you tilt your hand at an angle, it's going to drip. The bottle it comes in is gorgeous, heavy, and begging to be broken if you knock it off. Still, it's got very hardy packaging otherwise and it gives you an idea how much of the product you have used, which is nice.

I found I had the best results (in the dead of a cold, Midwestern USA winter) without primer, surprisingly. Because it is so dewy, I found if I used my HG primer (Laura Mercier Hydrating), even with the "Wayne Goss method" of powder under foundation, it would look greasy as opposed to dewy. Without a primer, it looked very nice and luminous on the skin. I had no issues with wear time on this and it lasted me a full 8 days, though, longevity is rarely an issue for me and my dry skin. My skin even looked awesome!

...for two days until I started to break out from it. This product does contain bismuth oxychloride, which is the culprit behind break-outs for those that have worn Bare Minerals and broken out from that. Even after giving it up for a few days, within a few hours wear of this product, I could see bumps forming.

It's a shame. The color offerings are varied and friendly to pale folk as well as some (though, it could use more deeper shades) for POC.

In addition to being a very expensive product ($57/1 oz.), it also contains a very strong fragrance that is nice, but when you have it sitting under and around your nose, it can be overwhelming.

Overall, there's some things that could be changed, and if it did, I'd probably love the product more than what I experienced with it. As with all cosmetics, ymmv.

Pros:

- Dewy, radiant finish
- Works great without primer
- Buildable
- Options for pale skintones
- Beautiful packaging that gives an idea of product use

Cons:

- Expensive
- Limited options for POC
- Contains bismuth oxychloride (even though it's the last ingredient, still present) which can break some people out
- Strong fragrance
- Fragile packaging (glass)

on 5/28/2015 9:08:00 PM

I have repurchased this foundation about 4 times! (Never repurchased a foundation even once before) I LOVE this foundation.

Pros:
Looks like SKIN
Light-medium coverage
Doesn't cause breakouts/not drying or irritating
Doesn't pool in pores (especially on the nose)

Cons:
Doesn't last too long on OILY skin
Never really sets
Comes off easily (especially after a couple hours of wear)

This is a great everyday foundation. Even with oily skin, just can't beat the finish and the fact that it doesn't cause acne (have had really bad luck). I don't mind having to blot and powder throughout the day.

on 5/28/2015 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

After hearing many good things about this foundation, I decided to try it myself - and I absolutely adore it! It's my new favorite foundation. I have very sensitive skin and many foundations tend to make my skin dry or cause breakouts, but this one hasn't (and I've even broken the golden rule and fallen asleep with it on a few times). I apply it with clean hands and that works very well for me. The formula is very thin, but if you want to thicken it up a bit, simply keep it refrigerated. Supposedly, this also keeps the oils in your foundation from separating from the rest of the formula anyway (though I don't know how true this is). It provides a light to medium buildable coverage which is all I look for in a foundation personally. It really does make the skin look illuminated and flawless! The first time I used it, my mom and I were joking that my face looked like it was photoshopped. Overall, I definitely do rate this product completely a 5/5. The price is slightly high, but for the product you're getting, it's definitely worth it in my opinion.

on 5/25/2015 1:56:00 PM

So lately, I was raving about L'oreal Lumi Magique Foundation, but now that I tried this after so many years of wanting it (I don't know why but I would always get something else, like Armani, Chanel, Mac, etc.), and I am so angry with myself right now because this is the most perfect foundation that probably exists! For reference, my shade is BD50 (I'm MAC NC40) and this is the most perfect shade I ever found!

This has the most beautiful finish ever. My previous faves, Nars Sheer Glow / L'oreal Lumi Magique don't compare!

The best thing is that if you like full, flawless coverage like I do, you can layer it as much as you want with a primer underneath, it's gonna look so good no matter what!
The only thing is that I don't see how people call this sheer or light, this is honestly a proper medium coverage that is super buildable to full (at least in my opinion).

Anyway, YOU NEED THIS IN YOUR LIFE! Trust me, it's gonna make you look so good! Hope it somehow helps :)

on 5/18/2015 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a beautiful lightweight sheer foundation that blends superbly with either fingers, beauty blender or brush. And although it's fragranced, it doesn't aggravate my dry, sensitive rosacea skin. But if I don't prime with a very rich moisturizer, it settles in my lines😕 making me look older than my 46 years.
I have BD40, which is a good match for my NC20 skin.
But I won't rebuy, because I found an exact dupe: L'Oréal paris lumi magique foundation (and that's fragrance free, yay). I've always bought HE foundations but believe me, this drugstore foundation looks and feels identical to the touche eclat foundation!!
I do have to mix 2 colours (c2 and w5) to get the perfect shade, but i bought it 1+1 free so no problem, still a lot cheaper than the YSL.

on 5/18/2015 9:19:00 AM

Gorgeous foundation. Comes in 3 colour tones - beige rose, beige dore and beige with lots of colours in each category so really easy to find a perfect match.
Glowy, long lasting finish. My favourite.

on 5/9/2015 12:31:00 PM

Love this foundation, so much so I am now on my 4th bottle. I have never ever purchased any makeup 4 times over so that speaks volume in itself. The foundation is super easy to blend whether with brush, beauty blender or fingers I always get a beautiful finish. My skin at the moment is normal with a few dry patches... I think I've overdone it with alpha h liquid gold, anyways, it does not emphasise the dryness. Skin tone is evened out and you can layer and layer and layer this foundation, it never looks Cakey and does not sit in fine lines, I don't need a concealer when I wear this. It's my best friend in the winter when my skin is less hydrated. My only gripe is/was wearing this in the summer months when my skin is oilier it just came off, literally disappeared after a few hours wear. I tried just about every primer and powder out there trying to Elongate the wear but nada nothing worked until I tried illamasqua hydra veil primer, honestly it doesn't move unless I vigorously rub my face. This foundation gives a beautiful dewy glow and is might I add an older ladies dream. It is definately more for people with drier dehydrated skin, I just wonder if you oilier skinned peeps can wear this over the hydra veil, just a thought. For reference I am NW25 and wear shade Br40

on 5/5/2015 3:51:00 PM

Very nice, good quality foundation. Leaves a luminous but not shiny or sparkly finnish. Works best with fingers or with beauty blender. Medium coverage. Very delicate and luxurious scent. Great for dry/dehydrated skin but would not recommend to someone with greasy skin.

on 5/3/2015 10:56:00 AM

I so wanted to like this foundation having read so many good reviews - I have been so disappointed. Initially I thought the colour match the SA had given me was perfect, but within 1/2 hour it had oxidised down a few shades. Within 2 hours my face was a "greaseball" and the coverage looked appalling. Certainly not what I expected from such a high end company. My advice - do as I did and get a sample first in case you waste ££££££.

on 4/28/2015 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really liked this foundation despite the fact that it is not long wearing and doesn't provide much coverage. While you can build this one up, it is way too expensive to use double the product every time you want to apply it. And for that reason, if you are looking for a fuller coverage and long wearing foundation, this isn't for you. However, if you don't mind touching up your make up and you're looking for a foundation that is "your skin but better" then definitely try this out. This is definitely one to have in the collection for the days you want lighter coverage if your budget allows it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Foundations, Powders, and Tinted Moisturizers: MAC, YSL, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, ETC by Crystal DivaLevy

Foundation Review: Laura Mercier, Dior, YSL by Cathies Ensemble