July 23, 2014 | 1034 users online

Mascara - New York Color - Big Bold Ultra Volume Mascara

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

**.5 (2.5 RATING)
Not so bad for the price of about 4.99 Canadian dollars...It's an ok mascara. Good for separation & length. However, next time I purchase something that in-expensive, will opt for Essence mascara instead. NYC has nice lippies. I actually like their "Big Bold Curl" (in their turquoise tube) much better. Won't re-purchase nor suggest to friends.
UPDATE: I gave it to my friend yest (5-30-14) 5days after I bought it...I only wore it a couple times, so we boiled the wand & I gave it to her, she really likes it, so I'm glad it will get use as it would've just sat UN-used in my make-up bag.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by SnowQueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The formula is great, it gave thick volume lashes. Not amazing but for 5 bucks, definitely a decent mascara as far as the formula. But the wand is bad. Way to big to get a good application. I have short skimpy lashes so the wand makes it difficult to apply mascara to my lashes in the corner of the eye. The bristles are too wide so it can't separate lashes and because of that, it causes clumping. Using a different wand or the mac 205 to apply the mascara fixes the problem. But not everyone has those lying around. And a mascara should have an appropriate size wand to improve application. I won't buy this again only because of the wand/bristles being too thick.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by waterlogged1214

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just tried this for the first time today and I hate it. I feel like I wasted money on it even though it was really cheap. The brush is way too big and I hate the rubber with the extra large "teeth" or whatever they're called. It clumped up immediately and I had to use an eyelash comb to separate the clumps. The large brush made getting into the corners impossible and my lashes were incredibly dry and stiff. Sigh... Another failed try. My search for a volumizing mascara continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by sinik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This has been a pleasant surprise. I have overly sensitized upper lids and any mascara that transfers will cause itchy red dermatitis. I've been using this a couple weeks with no flakes, smudges or rashes.
The jumbo brush took a little getting used to, but now I like how it only takes 4-5 swipes per eye to get the look I like, which is more to the MLBB side than scary spider leg/ doll eye. I had previously been using Maybelline Volume Express Mega Plush in the aqua blue tube, I would say this gives just a bit more volume/ definition.
Removes easily and thoroughly, which also cuts down on eye area irritation.
Will purchase again

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2013 3:42:00 AM More reviews by yellowteal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't believe this mascara is getting such bad reviews! I bought this on a whim because I usually put my mascara on the way to work (I take a park & ride bus) and realized while I was on the bus that I had forgotten my makeup bag in a haste to get out the door. Anyway, once I got downtown I bought this at CVS because it was cheap and had a rubber brush - I usually use CoverGirl LashBlast.

The brush is a bit overwhelming at first but it gave me the most amazing long lashes! Granted I always wear Revlon Lash Fantasy as a primer so I don't know if that is why I got such amazing lashes with this but I was actually shocked at how long my lashes were. Absolutely no clumping and way cheaper than CoverGirl LashBlast - I have been reaching for this more and more! I usually have a backup LashBlast on deck but honestly this saves me a few bucks and gives me such phenomenal lashes I might not be buying LashBlast after I get through the next tube.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I was soooo disappointed in this mascara! The formula is much too wet for my liking. It weighs my lashes down, they're already long and thick but don't have much curl, so I need a mascara that will not make them gloppy and droopy. This stuff is just a disaster. My lashes are clumpy and have a weird grayish cast after even one coat of this stuff. The brush is awkward and it just doesn't work for me. I like the cute tube and the cheap price, but this stuff went straight in the give away pile.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Shasta333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite mascara. I have tried many expensive and cheap and they never seemed to do much for me. This one I notice a difference, it makes my eye lashes appear fuller and longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Cmetler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this on a recommendation for my travel with me mascara. I think the trick is wiping the wand and then using...I tried it both ways and got the desired look doing this... For the money...fantastic. I will purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great mascara for SOMEONE, just not for me. I have long lashes anyway, and this mascara weighed them down. This gave my bottom lashes an ENORMOUS doll-eyed gyaru look, which was REALLY WEIRD, and I've never had that experience with other volumizing mascaras. This is a very dry formula, and the brush is HUGE, so I would only recommend it to someone who doesn't already have a lot of lash.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Sweetest_Taboo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This wand is huge, so it took me longer to apply my mascara. The effect on my lashes was nice, but I did notice some clumping and flaking as the day went on. Will not repurchase (I do like NYC's Sky Rise mascara as a cheap, everyday look, however).