April 23, 2014 | 1993 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Glycolic Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Crystaal22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all I love this wash!! So far... I have been using this for about a month now and I feel that it has cleared up about 90% of my breakouts. I have very oily skin or should I say I now have normal oily skin :D Since using this product I do not produce as much oil as I used to which is a huge plus because all the oil used to clog my pores. The only pimples I currently have are literally underneath my hairline on my forehead but that is probably because my bangs touch there and I touch them a lot. The three pimples that are there are the first pimples I have gotten in 3 weeks and it is probably because its almost shark week for me. The bottle says to only use this twice a week which I did the first week but I was just like ok my face can tolerate this and now I use it every night and use Aquanil which is a super gentle non- comedigenic face wash in the mornings. It dries out my skin a little but not to the point where my oil free moisturizer cannot alleviate. I also use MB drying lotion which I found very helpful around shark week. I did have a semi large breakout after my first 2 weeks of using it but I figured it was because it was removing all of the junk from my pores and it was just bringing everything to the surface instead of being buried under all my dead skin cells. After that break out I was clear up until shark week but again I only have 3 and they're small and hidden so I am happy. All in all I do love this product and hope that it continues working for me. One last thing for anyone who is reading this and is going through a tough time with they're acne and self esteem, please do not let acne control your life and keep you inside and afraid of showing your face to the world. I let acne do just those things to me for a long time and it took a long time to overcome my issues with having acne on my face. That is why in my review I am so happy to only have 3 pimples as some girls would freak out. Beauty is on the inside and a girl that can go out and rock her pimple with no makeup and still feel beautiful is a strong women. Your in control not acne!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by laurenmoody

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great face wash! I have very acne prone and oily skin, with acne scarring as well. This wash is a good chemical exfoiliator, as mechanical exfoiliators are not good for acne prone skin (irritating, and eventually will exarcerbate acne) I actually love Mario Badescu's full ine of products. This is one out of 3 face washes I have by him, along with tons of other masks, and acne products. He has a great line for people who like products without tons of ingredients, and materials that are more natural. This product does help even out your skin tone, and as an African American woman who struggles with bad acne scarring, I can say this is my favorite MB product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by blondebeaute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product keeps my skin looking and feeling soft and healthy.
This is a HARSH cleanser, definitely not recommended for everyday!
I have a very active lifestyle, work and exercise consuming the majority of my time. And living in the FL heat, makeup and sweat tend to get trapped in my pores, but this keeps it looking great!

Of the two MB cleansers I own, this one is a top favorite. I wear medium-heavy coverage makeup almost everyday, and I typically need some kind of exfoliation at least 2-3 times a week that isn't too harsh. I got this product many months ago, and have used it many times. Since then, I have still managed to have an almost complete bottle. A little of this goes a long way. I use this cleanser two different ways depending on my levels of laziness... 1. Just washing my face. I apply a few drops of product onto my hands and lather it onto my face, while rubbing it in with circular motions for about 5 minutes, and then wash it off. I feel like this is an effective way for just gentle exfoliation. If I feel exciting and less lazy, I will put out my spinbrush and give it a go. Sometimes I have even gone on for 20 minutes with just massaging the product into my face with the brush, and afterwards it feels amazing.
I've mixed in a bit of silver powder with this and put it on the spin brush and let it sit for 5-10 minutes once massaged into the skin, and the results were great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by hmhanke89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've given this about a month and a half of regular use and the verdict is in- I love it! I can't help but notice how glowy and even-toned my face is without makeup after every shower. I use this every other night with my wannabe-Clarisonic Olay cleansing brush and I am loving the results. I have very oily skin so it can handle this 3-4 times a week without any dryness issues, but people with drier skin should probably stick to the recommended 1-2 times a week. Foams great, removes makeup, and leaves my face freshly exfoliated and glowing. This is my new HG deep cleanser!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Jennajenkins

I really like this product. I think it has cut down on the number of break outs that I would normally have, as well as blackheads. It does a great job at removing dirt, oil, and even make up! It doesn't dry my out like some other reviewers say. I've even been using it as my daily cleanser with my clairsonic. The only reason I didn't give it five lippies is because it hasn't completely banished my break outs and blackheads. But then again, that's probably unrealistic for a cleanser alone.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It bought it at Ulta. I explained to the lady that I wanted a good cleanser. I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin and she recommend this one to me. I only used it for about three days because I didn' t feel like it was cleaning my face. I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by NicoleM96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is the bomb dot com. I use it once to twice a week just to really deep clean my face and get all the build up and crap out. And it does wonders. My face feels so great and clean and fresh after I use this, and my skin look so much less tired. Its a must use product for me, and considering I only use it once or twice a week a bottle has lasted me months and months, so the price is worth it forsure!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by joooliagoolia

This stuff is HG. I started using it in September and my cheeks were littered with PIH and some semi shallow scarring. I used this stuff daily (even though it's not recommended) and my breakouts were definitely few and far between - skin was soft, and not dry at all. Usually have combination skin. Fast forward to December and all of my scarring and PIH is gone. Mario Badescu's whole line is pretty great for us acne suffer's, but I would definitely check this out if you're trying to clear up those pesky post acne marks. Couldn't believe it helped with my shallow scarring (which I thought was permanent), but the scars aren;t even noticeable anymore and don't bother me at all. Try this out ASAP, you have nothing to lose (except some well spent moolah!)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by mamojo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used this product twice a week for a couple of months and I really like ut. Makes my skin super soft and fresh. My skin is normal to dry so I need to put on a moisturizer straight away, but overall it's a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by cp326

First, I will describe my skin. I have combination skin that is pretty much oily but with very dry patches (contact dermatitis according to a dermatologist) around my nose, especially the creases of my nostrils, and chin. Despite being oily, my skin is rather dry - I started doing the oil cleansing method but have been lazy lately and reverting to the Body Shop Tea Tree Gel Cleanser. I'm sure if I get into a good regimen with the oil cleansing method, this dryness will no longer be an issue. My acne is pretty much non-existent now (I'm 24) but around my period, if I eat bad, or simply don't get enough sleep I will "break out" with some very small bumps on my forehead and base of cheeks underneath my cheekbones. I also have some slight discoloration from former pimples. I never had cystic acne, so I don't have any major scarring, etc. However, because of the extreme dryness around my nose and chin, I have a tendency to over moisturize and have a lot of small red pimples in this area. This area is also very red and what I target in the morning when it comes to hiding it with foundation.

I had used the drying lotion by Mario Badescu in the past, but often times it really is of no use to me because my pimples just aren't large enough for it to "dry them up" properly. However, I did notice it worked when I would get the occasional large pimple now and then. So when looking for a new cleanser, I decided to give his brand a try again. I wanted a cleanser that would really deep clean my skin (to effectively remove layers of makeup that I had applied during the day) and, if possible, help with the slight discoloration I have because up until this point I had never really bothered trying to remedy it. I came across the Glycolic Foaming Cleanser on the brand's website and checked numerous rave reviews that claimed it worked really well. So I decided to purchase it and give it a try.

Right now, I am only using it a few times a week at night only (how it recommends using it on the instruction label) and have only been using it for about a month, so far. I didn't want to overuse this product just because I do have those very dry patches and didn't want to aggravate them further. I'm not lying when I say I think this product is the reason my skin has been looking great lately. My roommate even complimented me the other day (late at night when I was makeup free) telling me I had "really great skin". My skin had been kind of broken out prior to using this product, and it is now almost perfectly clear and really looks much much more even in terms of tone and discoloration. I think it is actually HELPING my dry patches as well - my chin/nose area is much smoother and not as flaky as it originally was. Also, the pimples in this area have basically all but vanished with only a couple of stragglers remaining. It's also nowhere near as red as it once was - I can get away with no foundation now!! Overall, my skin just feels softer and smoother and I feel like it has a "glow" that it never had before.

I'm tempted to start using this cleanser every night before bed just because I wear makeup every day. Since this cleanser really deep cleans, it's perfect for removing makeup and seems like it would be a great nightly (or near nightly) ritual. However, I will ease into this experiment and if I find my skin is getting too dry or just reacting badly to the increased usage, I'll go back to using it 3 times a week again. Nevertheless, I give this product two thumbs up!!