Acure Organics Cell Stimulating Facial Mask

2.2

on 1/18/2015 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Having loved the scrub version of the cell stimulating line, I thought I would enjoy this mask, but it did absolutely nothing which is surprising because if you compare the ingredients, it is almost identical to the scrub minus 2 or 3 ingredients. It's a smooth green jam like consistency that dries in about 10 minutes. There's no tightening effect (or really any effect, immediate or long term) like many other wash off masks. It foams when you wash it off, and it doesn't leave a residue behind. I used it about once or twice a week and the tube lasted me about 2 months. I picked it up at Whole Foods for $15 when it was on sale. For reference, I have sensitive, oily acne prone skin.

on 11/4/2014 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product online when it was on sale, and to be honest, I would never buy it at full price, nor will I buy it again.

First off, the size of this mask is a tiny 1oz. A typical face mask is around 3-4oz so I was definitely very surprised by how small it is. It comes in a flip cap squeeze tube, which is wonderfully hygienic which I'm thankful for, because products chock full of actives tend to deteriorate much faster, so the packaging definitely needs to minimize the amount of bacteria that will be able to get into the product. The product itself is dark green, but sheers out on your face to give you a green tint all over. It dries quickly, but unlike many other clay-based masks, it doesn't crack on your face when it dries. Washing it off is a breeze as it foams up when in contact with water, which is great,

So really, it is a good product. Only that I must be sensitive to one or more ingredients, because every time I have used it, my face has turned bright red, and I need to whip out my arsenal of soothing creams to bring the redness down. I initially thought the warming of my face were my cells being 'stimulated', which I guess they were, but resulting bright red face is just not very fun to deal with. I haven't seen any real results either, so the process of 'stimulating' my face has given me nothing but a really scary looking face afterwards. SO BEWARE SENSITIVE SKIN USERS!

on 8/8/2013 9:01:00 PM

A very average mask that I tried because it was on sale. You can can find comparable clay masks for cheaper but they might have ingredients that are all chemicals.

on 5/29/2013 9:48:00 AM

Just like any other mask I've used...with one exception. It rinses off like a cleanser and foams up, which is kinda cool but not worth hunting this stuff down and purchasing. Didn't notice any significant difference in my skin after use.

on 6/26/2012 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is an ok mask. The clay draws out impurities while the plant oils moisturize the skin. The reason I am giving it only two lippies is that it irritated my sensitive rosacea prone skin.