Acure Organics Cell Stimulating Facial Mask

on 9/7/2015 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Bought this for about $12 on Amazon. I have dry and extremely sensitive skin, but this mask did not irritate it at all. It felt very gentle and sort of minty/cooling (but not in a painful way) going on. I kept it on for about 15 minutes and then rinsed off - love how easy the rinse is. A hate when masks get stuck on your face when dry and make a mess in the sink when you try to get it off. I splashed water on my face for a few minutes and was pleasantly surprised when I opened my eyes to find my face totally clean!

Now, the impact of the mask. I wouldn't say that the difference is huge. But my skin felt nice and soft, a little more even-toned, and I swear the pores on my nose looked smaller or faded. For $12, a mask that doesn't irritate my skin is good in my book. As other reviewers have noted, the amount of mask you get isn't a lot (the squeeze tube that it comes in is NOT full) but I still like it enough that I'll probably repurchase.

on 1/18/2015 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Having loved the scrub version of the cell stimulating line, I thought I would enjoy this mask, but it did absolutely nothing which is surprising because if you compare the ingredients, it is almost identical to the scrub minus 2 or 3 ingredients. It's a smooth green jam like consistency that dries in about 10 minutes. There's no tightening effect (or really any effect, immediate or long term) like many other wash off masks. It foams when you wash it off, and it doesn't leave a residue behind. I used it about once or twice a week and the tube lasted me about 2 months. I picked it up at Whole Foods for $15 when it was on sale. For reference, I have sensitive, oily acne prone skin.

on 11/4/2014 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product online when it was on sale, and to be honest, I would never buy it at full price, nor will I buy it again.

First off, the size of this mask is a tiny 1oz. A typical face mask is around 3-4oz so I was definitely very surprised by how small it is. It comes in a flip cap squeeze tube, which is wonderfully hygienic which I'm thankful for, because products chock full of actives tend to deteriorate much faster, so the packaging definitely needs to minimize the amount of bacteria that will be able to get into the product. The product itself is dark green, but sheers out on your face to give you a green tint all over. It dries quickly, but unlike many other clay-based masks, it doesn't crack on your face when it dries. Washing it off is a breeze as it foams up when in contact with water, which is great,

So really, it is a good product. Only that I must be sensitive to one or more ingredients, because every time I have used it, my face has turned bright red, and I need to whip out my arsenal of soothing creams to bring the redness down. I initially thought the warming of my face were my cells being 'stimulated', which I guess they were, but resulting bright red face is just not very fun to deal with. I haven't seen any real results either, so the process of 'stimulating' my face has given me nothing but a really scary looking face afterwards. SO BEWARE SENSITIVE SKIN USERS!

on 8/8/2013 9:01:00 PM

A very average mask that I tried because it was on sale. You can can find comparable clay masks for cheaper but they might have ingredients that are all chemicals.

on 5/29/2013 9:48:00 AM

Just like any other mask I've used...with one exception. It rinses off like a cleanser and foams up, which is kinda cool but not worth hunting this stuff down and purchasing. Didn't notice any significant difference in my skin after use.

on 6/26/2012 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is an ok mask. The clay draws out impurities while the plant oils moisturize the skin. The reason I am giving it only two lippies is that it irritated my sensitive rosacea prone skin.