July 24, 2014 | 2086 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Infallible Lacquer Liner 24H in Blackest Black

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by breaktheattraction

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

let me start by saying this; i only use gel eyeliners. after trying an arsenal of drugstore gel liners, including my past favorite (maybeline eyestudio), i had very high expectations for this liner. safe to say, they were matched.

i have been using this liner for about four months now and i've barely made a dent in it because i rarely have to use an excessive amount to get a true black, even line. unlike my maybeline eyestudio liner, that i had to apply over previous liner about twice (or even three times!), this liner has such amazing pigmentation that i only had to apply it once. i love the sleek, classy packaging; it's so clean and nice! as for the brush that comes with the liner, i like it and use it everyday, but an angled eyeliner brush will do the job if you're not keen on the included brush . the liner stays on all day and doesn't fade, transfer to my waterline, or flake off, which is essential since i have long school days, work about five hours, and have a hot, sweaty summer here. the price was typical for a drugstore liner; i got it for about ten or eleven bucks at target (i live in canada, by the way!).

the only problem i have with it is that, on occasion, it will crease. this usually happens when i am wearing winged eyeliner. i don't use an eye primer which could be the culprit of the creasing, but it's probably just the drastic wings seeping into the crease during the hot summer days when i sweat. once i buy a eye primer, i will update on how this product preforms or if it still creases, and will keep you posted.

overall, this is a lovely drugstore eyeliner. the pigmentation is wonderful, the packaging is sleek, the brush is decent, the price isn't bad, and the quality is exceptional for ten bucks. i will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by emilypat

best gel liner, it doesn't dry out and stays on great. I liked it better than the maybelline one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

This is the first gel formula eyeliner I've tried and I LOVE it! I love that the brush is included, and that it includes a hygienic cap. I love the deeply pigmented color and how wonderfully smooth this product is to apply. I love that you can easily smudge the line or make a correction after application, but this stuff has serious staying power! I have oily skin, my eyes are always watering due to allergies, and yet this does not wear off til I take it off! Even using Urban Decay eyelid primer did not keep pencil liner or powder liner from smudging and disappearing, especially in heat. And yet, I've had no problems removing this with just cleanser and water - no scrubbing or oil required.
In short, I love this liner and can't wait to try more colors. And for the price, I can afford to try them all!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by willow1992

So far, this has been the best gel liner I have used. It is similar to MAC's fluidline, but I like this one slightly. I have also tried NP and Maybelline. This product is about $26 AUS, which is fairly expensive for a "drugstore brand". It comes with a brush which isn't the greatest tool, but is much more workable than the brush which came with the Maybelline gel. This product is perfectly creamy, highly pigmented and a little bit goes a long way! It looks wonderful on. It just glides on as well. I had no issues with staying power, it lasted the whole day. Would recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by allthingsmakeupnbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This gel liner is FANTASTIC to say the very least.

I've recently perfected my technique on the cateye look(took me 3years😝) and have been on the hunt for a liner in any form that will not transfer to my bottom eye area after I tightline. Unfortunately, do to my my slightly hooded( i do have a clear double lid) typical vietnamese oily eyelids, every waterproof, smudgeproof transfer free black liner I've tried thus far has always transferred to my lower tear duct area as well as below the bottom lash line. For reference I've bought Nyx skinny felt tip, Loreal felt tip liquid, Revlon Colorstay, Maybelline master drama, Almay black eyeliner, physicians formula retractable liner that comes in the trios, and Maybelline's gel liner to try and tightline with but everyone of those transferred giving me raccoon eyes within 30-45mins after makeup application. So then I went out and tried MAC Techankohl and Pro Long Wear after reading reviews and hearing suggestions from the MAC SA. However, although they lasted a bit longer, they still ended up transferring after 1hour. Keep in mind, I do apply primer to my top and bottom eyelid area to prevent smudging and fading(UDPP). I was thinking about buying MAC fluidline in Blacktrack but after seeing some reviews for the LOREAL one I decided to try this first before investing in the more expensive one. I'm not one to shy away from higher end makeup products as long as they do the job or is an investment piece even though I'll always love my drugstore alternatives. So after getting this little baby in Blackest Black, I went ahead and put it to the test. I live in LA and it's currently mid June. Yes, LA's summers are horrendous although not as dry as Arizona's and humid as Texas or the Southern East coast States but it still can get nasty over here. I applied this liner on my upper lashline and created the cateye on both eyes. 4 hours, numerous yawning, and grilling outside later, I checked my eyes in the mirror and WOW!!!😳 no smearing or transferring to my lower lids. Only a little part of the line in my inner tear duct area faded but for the most part the liner was still in place!! ok im really amazed. and on top of the staying power, the gel is sooo smooth and easy to apply. I had no tugging issues and the formula dried to a matte finish. Also, the brush it comes with is reallly nice. Better than the one that comes with Maybellines gel liner. Packaging is the same as any other pot like product. Like seriously, I'm obsessed. So glad that I finally found a product that works for me. If you have been looking for a product to tightline your lashline with TRY THIS!!!! i never use liner on my lower lashline because I prefer eyeshadow there so I don't know how it will perform there but on the upper lashline, perfection.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by hmhanke89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This gel eyeliner is everything that I was hoping Maybelline's would be! It's super intense and creamy to work with, but then sets to be completely smudge-proof. It makes a perfect cat eye (you can even use with the surprisingly good quality enclosed brush!) and doesn't slide off on me at all. I also use an angled eyeliner brush to tight line my upper lashes and again, it sets perfectly and lasts all day. I went back to buy Bronze and love it as well. Got them on sale for $6 each, usually is about $10 at drugstores. This has become my staple eyeliner that I always reach for! You know I'll eventually pick up the navy and grey ones too ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by jadefly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm kind of heartbroken to have to return this eyeliner. The gel eyeliner is creamy and glamorous, and with its included brush, it easily draws a sharp and beautiful cat eye. I draw just a subtle cat eye with it, appropriate for meeting professors as well as patients, but still cute and cheeky!

Unfortunately, with my oilslick eyelids, it gives me terrible raccoon eye by the end of the day unless I consciously wipe my undereyes every few hours or so (and I am -not- that mindful). I see some reviews recommend using an eye primer with it, but I'm too lazy/short on time to add yet another product to my lineup when it's been suggested I could just try a liquid liner.

Goodbye, Infallible Lacquer Liner, we could've been great together!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

My lids are very hard to work with, being monolids, and they always eat eyeliner. Liquid always has to totally dry before I fully open my eyes, and often times I have to set gel liners with a black shadow so there is no transfer.
This gel is very very creamy and smooth, very black and pigmented. It also seems to have a true gel formula, because it takes a while to set and I do notice quite a bit of transfer on my lids by the end of the day. It is a nice liner, and I would recommend if you don't have lids like mine. However, I wouldn't repurchase for myself. I gave mine to a friend lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by FakeJapSlayer

This eyeliner will smudge but the solution to that is to use a primer (urban decay primer potion).

Pros- Dark, creamy texture, affordable, doesn't tug on application

Cons- Smudges if you dont use a primer, sticker label makes product look cheap

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by rippityrippity

I had a hard time with the brush that came with the liner. The liner smudges too easily and takes too long to dry. Maybe it's just because my eyes are hooded, but I wasn't happy with this product.