L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner 24H in Blackest Black

4.2

Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ceresin, Caprylyl Methicone, Silica Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Talc, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Tin Oxide, May Contain (+/-): CI 77491, CI 77492, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica

I've always been more of a liquid liner kind of girl but recently I've been doing thicker winged liner so I noticed the tip of my HG liner (Stila Stay All Day) wearing out much quicker. I thought I'd give gel liner a try and MUA led me to purchase this one. For reference, my lids can get a bit oily and one of my lids always tends to crease.

On the longevity front, I have to say this is pretty good. I do experience some creasing with that one fussy eyelid, but the rest of the line stays put pretty well all day. The wing stays sharp and the edges barely fade. There is a bit of migrating at the outer corner of the eyes but its a dry flaky type of transfer and so it is easily removed. I can also use this to tightline and it doesn't transfer to the lower lash line so that's pretty great. Using primer, adding eyeshadow over the line also help with longevity.

Color wise, it is very black but I would describe it as a more matte/satin type finish (not lacquer as L'Oreal describes it). I actually find the finish very beautiful. Its the perfect type of finish for winged liner because its strong and dramatic but elegant. The edges are sharp but not as sharp as a liquid liner which makes it look slightly softer.

Formula is easy to use. It glides on smoothly and it does not dry instantly so it gives you some time to adjust and correct. For instance, sometimes I am not able to get the very end of my wing perfect, so I take the edge of my nail and slide it along the edge of my line to pull the liner out the way I want it. If I pull it out too much, I can just wipe away the part I don't want with my finger.

The liner is housed in a glass jar which seems durable and closes well. It also comes with a brush which I actually don't mind. I am able to get between the lashes easily, and attain a nice sharp wing with it. I don't think it is perfect but its not bad.

Considering this is a drugstore item, the price is very reasonable especially when it goes on sale. The Stila is still my HG liner, but this one has a lovely finish and it does last pretty well. I would repurchase and recommend this if you don't have VERY oily lids (in which case I would recommend Stila)!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Very good drugstore liner. It does take ages to set compared to some others--however this is a good thing if you want to clean up or pull/extend the lime, or smudge it. It doesn't last on the waterline but it's fine on the lashline. Very rich, black colour. The brush is fine but I use the Essence angled liner brush for a sharper wing. I like that it lasted on my lower lash line, because most things don't.

This is honestly as good as it gets when it comes to eyeliner. This is better than its peers (the ones from Maybelline and Revlon) and even better than MAC fluidline in my humble opinion.

The eyeliner is smooth, blackest of the black, doesn't tug or budge throughout the day. I don't do a cat flick but I use this to tightline and it holds up amazingly! No fading or flaking. if you tightline, you'll know that it is very rare. Most eyeliners either run or flake in that area. This doesn't.

It is an amazing, amazing eyeliner!

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This liner has been my go to lately.. reasonably priced liner with the perfect eyeliner brush. Texture is smooth, comfortable and very velvety. I like it, a lot! No harsh smells, I don't have sensitive skin so my skin reacted well to this new product. I also like that the brush gives you the ability to define your own line and wing.

If you're one of those people who has yet to master the perfect cat eye, I highly recommend using this product.

There's just something about the way this creamy gel glides on that will make your life easier.

Compared to pencils and liquids I've tried, you can get much more precise.

Lasts great. Doesn't smudge. Fly up to heaven on these wings..

Two minor issues that I could care less about.

1. You gotta wash the brush. And uh.. not lose the brush.

2. It doesn't have a high shine finish like L'Oreal claims. Big whoop. Still gorgeous.

I love this. the fact it comes with a brush makes it 10x better since I'm a beginner with makeup and don't have the correct brush to use for this. it's also very easy to apply. the consistency is very smooth and glides on my eyelids perfectly without settling into my crease like some eyeliners Do. it's also very easy to clean up if I make mistskes. over all, love this product.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

MAC fluidline has been the only gel liner I've been using for a few years because of disappointment in drugstore gel liners I've tried in the past. Not until I've discovered this one by L'Oreal.
I was almost out of my fluidline and didn't want to have to pay $16 anymore for gel liner. Went on YouTube and beauty gurus were recommending this liner. I was like what the heck n bought it when it was on sale to give it a try since I can return it if I didn't like it.
I haven't regretted my purchase ever since I bought it. I think it performs the same if not better than my fluidline. Same creamy texture and I think it's even blacker than the fluidline. Glides on really easily with no skipping. Stays on my lids.
I do however end up with a slight panda eye which the fluidline does also but it's not that noticeable. It just kinda looks like a put shadow on my lower lash line which I usually do anyways. And it's really easy to clean with a quick swipe with a q tip.
This gel liner definitely will replace my fluidline. I will definitely purchase this again. It's way cheaper than fluidline especially when it's on sale. My wallet loves that.. Haha I even got the navy shade.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

A short review because I haven't owned this very long, a couple of weeks now.

Pros:
- Very black
- Perfect texture IMO, creamy and blendable if you want to smudge it out
- Does not transfer

Cons:
- A little expensive
- Dislike the included brush (but this is personal preference)
- Don't like the glass pot packaging, too heavy, and not airtight(?)

I've bought Bobbi Brown's gel liners for almost the whole of my makeup wearing life so freaking years of this stuff and it costs a fortune. Unfortunately, I really liked almost everything about it (well, the black anyway) except the price and its propensity to dry out before half the pot was used.

Thankfully, I'm finding the L'Oreal gel liner very comparable, in fact I like the consistency a bit more. It's a little easier to get an opaque line with this stuff and it's very easy to control because it's so creamy. I don't get any transfer issues and for me it sets up instantly (I don't use eye shadow primer, just Dermablend concealer, so maybe that's a factor?) I do find it is easier to remove than the BB liner at the end of the day, but that's fine with me because it wears perfectly until I whip out the makeup remover (which for me is just lotion.)

I am worried that this stuff will dry out because it comes in the same kind of glass pot packaging as the BB liner, but at least it'll hurt my wallet less if it does. Finally, the brush. I do a sharp wing almost everyday and I find that angle brushes are way easier for me to get consistent results with. The brush included is more like a tiny lip brush, oval shaped.

I used to always and only use the KVD Tattoo liner, but since i started wearing eyeliner more often it started to last me a shorter amount of time and I don't have the money to go out and buy another one every month. I always wanted to try a gel-formula eyeliner, so after reading lots of reviews and recommendations I decided to pick up this one. I am super impressed. It's pretty pigmented, and super creamy. It's creaminess means that it takes a little longer to set, but once it is set it doesn't budge. It's not waterproof but that doesn't bother me. Lasts all day on my oily eyelids. I wish i could make a more sharper line with it, but I guess that's how gel liners are or it could be my brush (not the one included with the liner, I haven't tried it on my eyes yet but it seems nice when I used the brush on my hand)

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is my HG gel liner hands down. If you are older, have deep set eyes, small eyes, aging lids then this is something you need to try. I love how easily this liner glides over the lid and it will not skip over wrinkled areas. It is so simple to apply too. There was a time when a monkey could draw a better wing than me. That time wasn't too long ago. Since getting this liner, I feel like a pro. Now, it is actually fun and fast to do wings. I have oily skin and this doesn't smudge at all. However, it doesn't set right away. For me, it will set in about 5 minutes before it is budge proof. As for the color, this is definitely blackest black. A truly nice dark jet black. The finish, some of you might not like. It is a lacquer finish. So, you won't get a matte look with this. I personally like the lacquer finish. It is more of a satin finish than a glossy finish though. Lastly, I have to talk about the brush that is included. I love it! It allows you to do really thin lines or build to a thick line. The design is perfect for all eye shapes especially smaller eyes.