November 24, 2014 | 1946 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Infallible Lacquer Liner 24H in Blackest Black

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure I understand the great reviews for this product. I find that it falls out under my eye within a couple of hours causing the look of under eye darkness or a black eye. It's odd in the sense the line will remain and look intact through many hours and even until the next day, though the color will just darken (as in undereye fallout) as the day goes on, necessitating constant clean up. It's not my mascara either as I've tried it without mascara and the effect is the same. Mine is made in Korea. I don't know if it's always been made there, but my color in espresso is as well and does the same thing. I have a better effect and no fallout with a slant brush and dry black or brown eye shadow. Even maybelline's 24 hour cream tattoo shadow in black (leather) or brown suede (leather) work better and stay put until you remove them, though you must fuss with them a bit more upon application to get proper payoff for eyelining. I don't mind as it never smudges or moves, which to me is the most important feature of an eyeliner. If it does smudge/move, it's never worth it, no matter how great it's other qualities/feature/attributes are.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I do not understand how anyone compares this to MAC blacktrack. It's runny, it doesn't go on smoothly and it doesn't last. I really was hoping this would be comparable as it is so affordable but I just can't endorse this product. To me, it is nothing like the holy grail gel eyeliner, the amazing MAC blacktrack. Blacktrack is just thicker, longer lasting and easier to apply. My only pros are the package is suitable and it includes a brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this issue with neglecting my gel eyeliners. I absolutely love the longevity and opacity of black gel liners, but sometimes (and by that, I mean often) I just can't be bothered to dig out an eyeliner brush and allocate the extra 3 minutes to perfect even winged eyes. That being said, my gel liners are prone to drying out on me, so I thought it was probably wise to start using more inexpensive drugstore gel liners.

The gel liner isn't exactly dirt cheap at around $10, but drugstores have frequent sales and it's a good quality made in USA gel liner, totally worth the $7ish dollars I paid for it. The packaging is the typical glass reservoir pot with a cool gold plastic cap. Always remember to cap these very tightly and possibly store upside down. I actually stow my away in the refrigerator as I'm currently focused on using up some black pencil liners, the consistency hasn't seemed to be affected and no product shrinkage thus far - success!

I think this has to be one of the creamier gel liners I've tried, you definitely have a bit of play time should you desire a smudgy or smoky eye look. However, once it sets, it definitely sets into a beautiful inky matte true black. This eyeliner will indeed crack and peel if you apply too many layers of it on your eyelids or if you are impatient with letting it set before you curl your lashes. With Too Faced Shadow Insurance, this eyeliner lasts all day on me, without it, it does start smudging after a few hours, but I have rather oily eyelids. I think this works rather well as a tight-line product as well, but my actual eyeballs have been rather dry lately, so that could be the reason for that.

Anyway, I am rather pleased with this product and am thinking about purchasing the slate shade for my mother, who's in dire need of a long-lasting charcoal liner for her mature hooded eyes. Hopefully she'll enjoy this eyeliner as much as I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Staaarlit

Wow. Not to bring race into this, but as an Asian woman, it has been such a struggle to find that one eyeliner that would actually sit tight on your lids without smearing, smudging, or bleeding from sweat, oil, or the mere act of blinking. Lo & behold, I've finally found it.

This eyeliner sat on my lids for 12 hours (10am-10pm) without the least bit of smudging. Note: I read from Paula's Choice Beautypedia's review of this that you must give it time to set, and once it does set, it'll not budge. That's what I did. I made sure to let this product set, which took about 10 minutes, and in that time period, I checked by lightly pressing my fingertip against my lids. It's not completely set if product transfers onto your fingertips (duh). I wore it super thick, and the liner didn't budge at all. After 12 hours, the color also remained black as ever. So, my friend, the formula is near perfection, if not so. It's not just the staying power, no. The formula allows for a smooth application that works with the lightest stroke. No flaking. No smudging. No tugging needed.

Color: Matte finish

Price and packaging: Ehh, no issues. Even if the price was too high or the packaging too ugly or whatever, I think the formula itself makes up for any cons of this product. The brush that comes with this liner works great/beautifully. Not dinky whatsoever!

Removal: Definitely doesn't remove with just soap/cleanser and water. Tried it on the back of my hand and, wow, I had to use a toothbrush to scrub it off. Ouch. What I did use to remove it from my lids was simply what I normally use to remove my makeup. Pond's Cold Cream and wipes. It melted the liner like magic, with so much ease, I was quite surprised. Then I just wiped it all away with my (diy) makeup wipes. Easy breezy :)

Definitely an HG (drugstore) eyeliner and absolutely a recommended product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by kasiecakes

The ONLY gel liner that sticks to my oily Asian mono lids. I use this to do a natural eye every day, keeping the line extremely thin on top. I also use it to tightline the eyes and it doesn't budge all day. If I use a thick line on top, it does end up smudging all over my lids. There is nothing to stop that from happening, sadly. My eyes have met with many liners and they have all smudged, but this particular liner stays on a lot longer than the others. Plus, the brush it comes with is awesome!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Smudge & transfer city!! I so wanted to love this. The Ulta benefit brow bar lady said that this was what she wore & she didn't look like a Trainwreck like I always end up looking so I decided to try it, nothing ventured nothing gained, it could possibly potentially be something really gr8, right? My skin is so oily that I've about given up on thinking my makeup will not just run & melt all over, I ended up ordering a pot of INGLOT to see if it's any better. The Loreal eyeliner is really creamy & black, & has very classy packaging. It's better than the Maybelline gel on me, & the brush is a bit better. I wish this would have worked for me. Essence is better than this for a fraction of its price. You can get 3 pots of Essence for the price of the Loreal, even WnW gel performs better on me than this. ;/

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Perfect. Don't spend a dime on other more expensive eye liners, and just use this.

Works best with an angle brush.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smudge city - not exactly infallible. The best things about it are the brush, the price, and the deep black color. The product dries out within a few months of opening, and then it becomes difficult to create a clean line with it. It smudges badly within two hours of wear, even when I use a lid primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by jxnnifxr1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this eyeliner as i like alot if things from Loreal. I usually use this to tightline and as an eyeliner inside of my eye. & it smudges SO bad on me. inner and outter cornes of my eyes are all black. I dont think its really waterproof. Still on the hunt for a great waterproof gel liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by xomakeup4ever

This is my first time I had a gel liner. I usually only use pencil liners because they're easier, but I heard many people rave about it, so I decided to give it a try.

The packaging is cute and little, a small glass jar. I don't like the brush that much because it was hard to apply with, but that is probably because I'm new to it. The consistency is nice and it does stay on for a good amount of time. I would recommend this, but I'd rather try something else next time.