July 31, 2014 | 2069 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Neutrogena - Shine Control Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Jordanxoxxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product isn't my favorite but I do recommend trying it if you have oily skin & just want to splurge on something new. I noticed that it did reduce how oily my skin usually looked mid day. I was pretty impressed because usually I don't see results. I only gave it a 4 because it didn't reduce the oil completely.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

I'm pretty impressed with this primer. I've been using it now for two weeks and I definitely saw a difference compared to some of the other primers I've used. In the past year or so I've been trying new primers trying to find out that I can call my HG and does everything I could want. Easier said than done. I like the functionality of the tube, its slim and easy to toss into a bag. I don't mind that it doesn't have a pump feature, in fact I like the tube even more especially because it stands "upside down" regularly so you can really use up all the product.

Price wise was okayyy being that I used to spend $18 on primer from Victoria Secret and was appalled at the prices of primer at drugstores. I don't know why I was justifying spending that kind of money in a "department store" when I wouldn't drop $10 on a primer in a drugstore, strange. Anyway, I picked mine up at CVS where it was $12 USD or so. Maybe more, maybe less, I'm not positive. And for the amount you get for the price, again its okayyy. But a little really does go along way in my opinion.

So the actual product itself is white, mines kind of grainy (rice technology perhaps). This is the first white primer I used but I don't see it affecting the color of my skin or foundation. I apply this to my t-zone concentrating it where I'm most oily and then I smooth some onto my cheeks as well. The part that I LOVE is that I'm not stuck waiting 5-10 minutes for my primer to dry and sink into my pores like I had with silicone primers. While I loved how silicone primers made my skin look and feel so flawless, they also made me look messy if I didn't allow it to dry in time. This stuff dries in seconds and I can get back to applying my makeup.

I do notice that I get oily around hour 6 or 7 but that's expected for me and I'm not really concerned about it. It's not a cure all for oily people but it does help me from becoming a total grease pot especially in these hot summer months. I think I want to test run NYX shine killer after this and between the two make up my mind because I'm loving this product at the moment!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 2:32:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This primer doesn't do an amazing job at oil control but it does do a way better job at keeping my oils at bay than when I don't wear any primer at all; not great but not so terrible I wouldn't repurchase it. I've used my mother's Mary Kay primer with SPF 15 & that does a way better job at keeping me matte & oil free than this does but for a drugstore primer I can't complain & it's more easily accessible for when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by vidkalahya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this item did work fine for couple of times..but after a week my face started get oily again..i have to blot it in 1 hr or so...waste of my money....surprisingly my face isnt dat oily if i dont wear this primer...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by harrisonfjord

I purchased this primer on a whim at Ulta. Surprisingly I am very happy with this purchase. I am super oily in the t-zone and I have noticed an improvement in oil control while wearing this under my foundation. My only complaint is that it does apply with a whitish/grey sheen to it, so if you plan to use it alone it can look weird. Since I typically wear it under makeup I don't run into this issue frequently, but it is annoying. I hate that you cannot see how much product you have left in the tube and it is a bit pricey for a drugstore product. That said, it works better for me than Smashbox and MAC primers. I have extremely breakout prone, combo oily skin and this does a good job of setting my makeup and making it last through 10-12 hour work/school days without breaking me out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by emilyxkhiev

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This primer helps my foundation glides on perfectly and I seriously cannot go a day without it, it smells pretty good, makes my makeup last for about half the day, and leaves my skin feeling soft. On the other hand I still get oily through out the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by jdalina003

So I have been hesitant about buying this after reading several mixed reviews, but I gave in and bought it, and thus far I am very happy with it.

I bought it about 4 days ago, and have used it each day and am very impressed. I have never used a primer before so I wasn't sure what to expect. I currently am an avid Aveeno and Neutrogena lover. I use Aveeno Clear Complexion moisturizer and then put this on top, then finished it off with Cover Girl Shine Control pressed powder that I applied with a foundation brush.

I generally don't carry makeup with me, I put it on in the morning. Prior to using this primer, come lunch time my face would be oily and I would have to blot the oil away which would also make my foundation come off. But after using this primer, come mid-day, no blotting necessary, barely any oil on my face, still looking matte :) I am considering buying the pressed powder as well.

Will definitely purchase this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by dudeitspaulina

I really have enjoyed this primer it really does make me stay matte throughout the day and makes my makeup look more flawless when applied especially my foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Tuney07

This is the first primer I've ever tried and have been using for about 2 months now. I'm a Neutrogena lover and figured this wouldn't disappoint. It's a bit pricey I think I paid $11.99 for it at target. What intrigued me is the rice absorption technology it claims to have and help control shine. So far I've been enjoying it but it doesn't keep me shine free all day. I think about 5 hrs at the most. I do believe the weather, and my skin type play a part in that so if you're not as oily I think it would benefit you more. The tube is practical and easy to use just keep in mind that very little goes a long way! I only use it on my t zone since I'm afraid of piling on the make up products if you know what I mean. It also has a florally scent but I'm not the type who is sensitive to smells so it doesn't bother me. If you go to Ulta and wish to try it, use one of their coupons and buy it for less!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by tatikarina

im 16 years old and I've been looking for a primer that controls my oily skin. I use blotting sheets as well and I don't use foundation so I can't comment on the lasting power of this primer. I mainly bought it because of the oil control that it's supposed to have and I am impressed. it's a little pricey but it instantly mattefies my face. it doesn't last ALLLL day, and I do find that I need to blot my face through out the day, however compared to when I don't use this primer, my skin is disgusting! i will deff repurchase