October 24, 2014 | 1733 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Neutrogena - Shine Control Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've wanted to try this primer for awhile. So I finally bit the bullet and bought some at Target on a whim. I think I paid $11.99 for the usual 1 once. I've tried primers before that claimed to control shine, but usually that isn't true for me. So I didn't really expect much from this primer. But I was pleasantly surprised. This primer is very lightweight. It is very easy to blend, and a little goes a long way. It also dries super fast.

To me, this primer is a perfect dupe for Pop Beauty's Face Magnet Primer. (which is my all-time favorite primer) This one performs just as well as the high end version. This is the only other primer (other than the Pop Beauty) that keeps me shine and oil free all day. I've never been one to do touch ups on my foundation. I don't have the time or the desire to do that. Even on my major grease ball of a nose, my foundation stays on. It doesn't fade away or separate.

If you love the Pop Beauty Face Magnet Primer, I highly recommend you give this one a dry. Aside from how well it works, there is another major plus to this foundation. The price. The Pop Beauty Primer sells for $26. This baby is around $12. This is well worth the money, and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by enidfloress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I rarely wear foundation, unless I'm going out, but I always had a problem with my foundation staying on since I have oily skin. I was excited to see that Neutrogena had a shine control primer and decided to take my chances. The first time using it I was Highly impressed on how amazing this primer works! It made my foundation glide on so smoothly and it controlled my shine perfectly. I also love the smell and how much a little of primer goes a long way! I definitely recommend this primer for anyone who has combo to oily skin. So far I've had no problems with my skin breaking out, which is a huge plus!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by MarJH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Did not notice a bit of difference. No shine control.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by ChoiLatte

Pros:
- keeps my makeup lasting all day
- makes my skin smooth
- blurs my pores
- keeps me oil-free
-- I have combination oily skin
- does not leave a cast

Cons:
- I still have to blot at least once but no more than twice

I have nothing left to say. This product just works so well that I don't know what to say. I would recommend this to you unless you have very oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tremendously oily, acne prone skin. This primer had initially worked very well for me, although I really don't think ANY primer will keep me completely shine-free for 8 hours!
I don't have a clue about any "gritty" feeling to this cream?? And yes, it is a white cream that will make you look pale ONLY if you use too much product and/or don't rub it in completely. No issue with paleness, wearing this alone or under foundation/BB.
The problem is that this primer dried out my skin TERRIBLY, causing more oil production, breakouts, redness and dry patches. It made my face an absolute mess. I have since switched to Laura Mercier's oil-free primer which has been working beautifully for me..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 6:00:00 AM More reviews by letty114

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Picked this up because I was on holiday and had forgotten my entire make-up bag at home. Was very pleasantly surprised by this product that is very mattifying without leaving my skin dry, and glides on easily. Blurs fine lines and pores, and I usually wear alone, over day cream and sun block because it gives me just the right amount of coverage I need during the hot summer.
I usually use The Present - Philosophy, but like I said, I walked into a store and just picked up a low priced item on the way to sephora.
Still bought Smashbox and The Present, because I wasn't sure about this Neutrogena Primer, however I continued using it and will go back to my usual brands in winter.
Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by HeyItsLiv

Love this primer! I have crazy oily skin and I've been looking for a primer that controls my shine because my face is always super oily by the end of the day, and this does that amazingly. I also wanted something that doesn't break me out because I get acne and cystic acne, and this doesn't break me out! If you put a lot on it gets kind of white and flaky but not to bad extents. I put a small amount on and a little bit more in my heavy oil zones and though it gets a little white it isn't bad, and my foundation smooths it out. If you don't where foundation I would say don't load a lot on but it is an amazing product that isn't crazy expensive and does what it says.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by SmaugtheMagnificent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

i had got this the other day and was excited to try it out but it just didnt work for me. it didnt do anything for shine, it took a lot to smear on my face and it was soft on me at all. it was very dry and made it hard for me to apply my foundation. i'm sure it works for some people, but not me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Jordanxoxxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product isn't my favorite but I do recommend trying it if you have oily skin & just want to splurge on something new. I noticed that it did reduce how oily my skin usually looked mid day. I was pretty impressed because usually I don't see results. I only gave it a 4 because it didn't reduce the oil completely.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

I'm pretty impressed with this primer. I've been using it now for two weeks and I definitely saw a difference compared to some of the other primers I've used. In the past year or so I've been trying new primers trying to find out that I can call my HG and does everything I could want. Easier said than done. I like the functionality of the tube, its slim and easy to toss into a bag. I don't mind that it doesn't have a pump feature, in fact I like the tube even more especially because it stands "upside down" regularly so you can really use up all the product.

Price wise was okayyy being that I used to spend $18 on primer from Victoria Secret and was appalled at the prices of primer at drugstores. I don't know why I was justifying spending that kind of money in a "department store" when I wouldn't drop $10 on a primer in a drugstore, strange. Anyway, I picked mine up at CVS where it was $12 USD or so. Maybe more, maybe less, I'm not positive. And for the amount you get for the price, again its okayyy. But a little really does go along way in my opinion.

So the actual product itself is white, mines kind of grainy (rice technology perhaps). This is the first white primer I used but I don't see it affecting the color of my skin or foundation. I apply this to my t-zone concentrating it where I'm most oily and then I smooth some onto my cheeks as well. The part that I LOVE is that I'm not stuck waiting 5-10 minutes for my primer to dry and sink into my pores like I had with silicone primers. While I loved how silicone primers made my skin look and feel so flawless, they also made me look messy if I didn't allow it to dry in time. This stuff dries in seconds and I can get back to applying my makeup.

I do notice that I get oily around hour 6 or 7 but that's expected for me and I'm not really concerned about it. It's not a cure all for oily people but it does help me from becoming a total grease pot especially in these hot summer months. I think I want to test run NYX shine killer after this and between the two make up my mind because I'm loving this product at the moment!!