Neutrogena Shine Control Primer

3.3

Water, Dimethicone, Methyl Trimethicone, Silica, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Silica Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide)

I'm not sure if I would buy this again. I'm waiting to get it during the summer to see if it really helps because it's hard for me to tell in the winter since I have dryer skin now. Let me start with the feel of this product though, it reallyyyyy bothers me and grosses me out. It's lotion with beads of rice literally in it. When I first bought it I thought I got a bad one, but I can feel the beads on my face and they don't like disintegrate or anything, I literally wipe them off my face because they gross me out so much. Idk if it's meant to exfoliate before foundation? I have no idea. Either way it really bothers me, and if I don't wipe off the rice beads and put my foundation on and I wait for the primer to "settle", the rice beads are still there and I can see them underneath my foundation! It freaks me out idk why they even put those in there. Maybe I do actually have a bad one lol. Other than that this stuff makes me make up stay on a decent amount of time for a drug store product. Like I said, I'm not sure if it helps control oil Bc I don't have oil problems this time of year. We shall see. But the texture of this product is enough for me to say it's a fail.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Made my skin feel suffocated and it did not help with oil control.

I have purchased this product two times already and the first time I liked it for a while but I felt like after a while it stopped doing much. I didn't like the texture because it felt dry almost filmy and didn't leave a soft texture like I was hoping it would.

The second time I purchased it was even worse because it only kept me matte for two hours max. It made break out a little and sometimes made me even more oily! It does nothing for prolonging make up wear or smoothing out your face/pores. I think for the price I was expecting more. I bought mine at Walmart and it was $14. I know it is a drugstore product but for the price I thought it would deliver better results. I know some people that love this product but if you are on a budget and looking for a good mattifying primer, invest elsewhere.

I have very oily skin and this made it even worse. Waste of money.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

So I bought this being cheap and HOPING that a drugstore brand MIGHT work as well as something from Ulta or Sephora.....NOPE!!!.. this stuff is awful. It made me MORE shiny and greasy then anything else...it made my face feel icky, with like a filmy type finish. I was not matte at all. I think this might work best if you have normal or dry...MAYBE combination skin...idk how this would work for ppl with oily skin EXCEPT to say that maybe their skin Is not truly oily??..... either way...I don't even think this is a primer....it feels nothing like any primer I have used.....it leaves a lot to be desired. They need to re think this and all their "oil control" products....this primer, the shiny free type compact powder in white...
anywho--for me, this primer was a no go. It was one of Neutrogena's poorer products they failed on...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This makes your skin look white! It has small specks of glitter which is a little odd for a primer. It's definitely light weight and it feels like a cream. It doesn't prime, and it definitely does NOT control shine! It's also a bit expensive for a drugstore primer. Would not repurchase.

I find myself reaching for this product more than any other primer! It instantly mattifies my tzone and leaves a soft feel. I love the packaging and surprisingly the smell! Is a tad pricey but i've only had one tube and it's not anywhere near empty. Thumbs up

I have oily in the warmer months and was looking for something to cut back on shine and hold my makeup. This is not it. The only thing I enjoy about this product is the smell. It doesn't help with oil, shine, or holding makeup.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I don't like this product at all. Instead of shine control, it made my face more oily - especially my nose. I'm so disappointed considering the price I paid for it here in Virginia - $13. My cheap E.L.F. primer does a better job, and it doesn't even specifically say it is for oily skin. The product goes on easily and the packing is great, but it doesn't deliver like it is supposed to. It also leaves white streaks if you don't rub it in fast enough. Not worth the money at all.

I'm a little disappointed: I read on multiple blogs/reviews that this was the holy grail of primers for oily skin. So I rushed to the nearest CVS to buy it and this morning I eagerly opened and applied it. I found that it was difficult to apply. It was thick and didn't spread out easily. Also, by 9 am my face was just as oily as it usually is. I feel like it was a waste of time and money. Didn't make my make up last longer either.

Popular Primer/ Correctors