July 30, 2014 | 1267 users online

Hair Removal - Nair - brazilian spa clay body cream

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Lucieofthevalley

The product itself works great! I prefer using hair removal creams over shaving, as the results last longer. The issue with this product is the crappy packaging! I will NOT be repurchasing because of the packaging. The pump doesn't allow the usage of the entire bottle, only about half. At which point you have to unscrew the top and 'dump' out the product into your hands and use your fingers to scoop out the rest. Terrible terrible packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by FayeLawliet21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had some extra leisure money to spend one day and felt like trying something new, surprised on how well this stuff worked. It doesn't burn or smell that bad at all, I'll stop shaving. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by EmilyHobson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you are skeptical because you used Nair a long time ago, don't be! It is by far new and improved!! I was amazed at the quality of how well this worked and didn't burn or cause bumps at all! Before this I was a strictly waxing, no shaving person. But let's face it- waxing hurts and even if you can man up it's still expensive! Especially for how quickly my hair grows. If you're concerned that your hair is too thick, don't worry. I have thick, black, course body hair (sadly) and it was no match for this stuff. I used it on my Pubic are and legs and I had much better luck with my pubic area as opposed to my legs. Be cautious but don't assume between your legs is off limits. I used it there and experienced no discomfort or burning. The only down side is with have such copious amounts of black hair is the sponge is really only useable for one use even though the bottle contain much more than one use, but that's an easy fix. Any exfoliating sponge would do! Enjoy! Only $9.99 as well! Great quality for a great price. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by fatttoad909

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I have very thick hair and I used it on my upper thigh area (don't shave that area as often) and leaves it soft and smelling great. I do wait the entire 10 minutes out of the shower but it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Bjump829

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this product today for the first time and it was amazing. I applied to my lower legs and let sit for 10 minutes. My legs are super soft and I didn't have any of the negative side effects that some people had. I do have sensitive skin but didn't have a reaction.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by bbrianne

I recently bought a cheaper hair removal cream (not for the shower) by Nair and fell in love . So with this success, I decided to buy this more expensive removal cream . Last night I used this on my underarm hair , and it burned so bad ! Came off slowly in the shower and now I have burn marks . I tried this again on my arms, and it didn't come off at all , and did not burn . There are no marks, and my arms are beautiful and smooth afterwards . Just perfect ! My conclusion is obviously my underarms are just a more sensitive skin type than my arms . Always test a small spot first, because some parts of your skin will react differently !

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Lhyland2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is terrible!!! I have an obsession with having smooth, hair-free legs, but it is a pain to shave every day, especially on days when i have early classes. So, I thought i would try this product to save me some time in the morning. I tried it the night before my classes to see how it worked. I applied it with the sponge and only left it on for about 5 minutes, given that i have moderately sensitive skin. It burnt almost instantly, but i thought "hey, pain is beauty" if it works it will be worth it. Then I got in the shower, and the hot water only intensified the burn. As i was using the other side of the sponge, the pain was near scalding. As if someone was rubbing sand paper against my skin. As the cream washed off, i was horrified by what was left behind on my legs. My knees looked like the most horrific razor burn a person could ever get, but worse than that, on my thighs there were HUGE scratches, 6 on the front of my thighs and 14 between the two backs of my thighs, stretching from my hip bone to the top of my knee. It looks like i was attacked by a cat! It has now been three days since I used the product and the scratches still look like they haven't healed at all, but they also still burn like someone is holding a flame to my skin. Plus, it only removed about half the hair, and i still had the same, normal amount of stubble in the morning, as if i went a day without shaving. Except, because my legs burn so bad, I can't shave on top of the damage it left behind. The stubble is driving me crazy and my legs look awful. I can't imagine anyone with ANY type of skin not enduring some sort of negative side affect. My $9 worth of "hair remover" went in the trash and another $9 worth was spent on Neosporin to heal the scratches.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

I -hated- this product. If you have sensitive skin, do NOT use this. I applied this right before I got in the shower. The application is so so. You have to use the little sponge that comes with it and spread a layer over the areas of hair you want to get rid of. By the time I used this on both of my legs, the bottle was about half way through. I probably used too much, but I felt like that was the amount needed for an even layer because it was hard to apply evenly in the first place. The bottle says not to leave on longer than 10 minutes. I got inside the shower, and once I stood underneath the shower, all of it started to come off, even though the bottle says only a little will wash off in the shower. The first thing I noticed is my hands started getting raw from removing the cream from my legs. As I was washing it off, there was a couple raw areas on my legs that were not there before. This didnt even remove most of the hair either. I had to apply hydrocortisone cream to the areas that became red and irritated and I can definitely tell there's going to be scabs in those places. I am not impressed with this at all and it's going in the trash. The smell is your typical hair removal chemical smell too. This highly irritated my legs and even my hands from application.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by morningblues342

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Holy. Crap. This product has BLOWN ME AWAY!

My arm hair was an embarrassment for most of my life. Long, dark hair with pale skin. It was always noticeable, and I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to shave due to stubble, and due to some moles, I was scared to wax. So for years I did nothing. Until now.

Tonight on a whim, I purchased this product. I haven't used hair removal cream in years, and I hoped that maybe the product had improved, but sorta doubted it. Little did I know...

I applied the cream to my arms, avoiding the moles (just in case), and waited 8 minutes. Consider the hair was so long and never removed before, I went for the max time. Right before I started to wipe the cream off, I thought "This was probably a mistake. I'll have to shave all the hair it didn't get." Needless to say I almost fell over from shock when I wiped, and ALL OF THE HAIR CAME OFF. ALL OF IT. NO SHAVING OR PLUCKING NEEDED!

I will never go without this product again. I'm so excited, as soon as I finished washing my arms, I turned on the computer and wrote this review. Please try this product if you need to remove unwanted hair! I do recommend that if you have stubborn hair, leave it on for 5 to 8 minutes (max time). It didn't cause any discomfort, and actually smells pretty all right, and I couldn't be more ecstatic! Thank you, Nair!!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by kristinamw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have long legs and I'm lazy, so shaving is quite the feat for me and I always dread it. I'm always looking for shortcuts so I've been meaning to try this product for awhile. I finally picked it up and after using it 3 times I'm pretty pleased with the results. My expectations were low- I wasn't expecting amazing smooth wonderful legs. The result was pretty good- smooth, a little patchy (probably due to my application) and much less hairy than before. After reading some reviews I was nervous about burning/pain, but I haven't had any issues with that. I used Nair a bit back in the day and I remember the smell and pain- nonexistent with this product! I did apply it with my hands rather than the sponge as the bottle suggests, as the sponge just soaked up a lot of the product. And it seems to rinse off right away in the shower so I'd spend a few minutes out to give it time to work.

Overall, the product does a good job of cutting down on the amount of hair on my legs. It could be better, but it's much faster than shaving and that's what I'm looking for. I'll probably alternate between shaving and using this, but I could see myself using this often during the winter because then I'm just concerned about managing hair for when I wear tights.