April 24, 2014 | 929 users online

Liquid - NYX - Stay Matte But Not Flat Liquid Foundation - Ivory

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2014 3:17:00 AM More reviews by xiongsally

i like it how the foundation give you that matt look, but in the summer if you live in a humid weather like i do the foundation melt.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by simonsem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm currently on my second bottle of the stuff and I love it! I have very oily skin that is prone to acne, and this covers the acne as well as covers the oiliness. IT has good staying power and is the first foundation I've tried that has actually matched my partially yellow partially red skin tones. I use it with CoverGirl Mineral powder. I wish it came in a pump container, but I can make do.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by ahrako

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this foundation for its promise of "staying matte" but alas, no dice. It had moderate coverage, but the color left something to be desired. It wasn't pigmented enough and it almost looked ashen. I tried Medium Beige (I am an NC35 in MAC currently) and the color seemed a good match but I did not like the finished look of this foundation. I did like the packaging, however, and of course, NYX is always a great deal. I wanted to like this so much, but I won't be purchasing it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by JN4eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Im so surprised at all the negative reviews...i have really oily skin that ive just learned to deal with because no makeup or product ive tried has been able to help. I just blot like crazy and powder ya it sucks but hey ive become a custom to it. So when i bought this foundation i wasnt expecting to stay matte thats just crazy. What i really bought this foundation for was that it was both oil free and had no spf. Yes i said no spf i know people are like SAY WHAT! but its because i hate the white cast that spf gives off in pictures. Instead my moistuizer has spf and my makeup is used to cover it. It really pairs up nicely that way and my face looks amazing in photos. So istead of buying it for its "matte" property i bought it because it was oil free with NO spf all while being at a reasonable price. I dont think il ever switch!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by hollandfarrell

I bought this at Sephora for a reasonably low price but mainly because of the name "stay matte" which drew me in. I have VERY oily skin all around, and I have acne prone/sensitive skin. Although I don't think it broke me out, it definitely WAS NOT MATTE. Not even remotely. It does have very great coverage which is the only good thing I can say about it. Definitely full coverage but I would suggest it for normal skin. It does not control oils at all, it becomes very goopy and messy after a while in the bottle and wasn't that true to my skin tone. It was hard to tell because of the packaging. Wouldn't buy it again

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by yisha

Good foundation, medium to full coverage, can be thinned out using any lotion, stays in place all day, controlls oil very well, decent pacakging, I am actually surprised by the negative review below. The foundation works for me at least. I bought mine from cherryculture when they had this 50% off NYX sale, so the price was good as well. The only thing stops me from repurchasing was the bad ingredients - paraben etc.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by glam1012

This product is awful. CONS: cakey, not true to color, poor coverage, makes my extremely oily.. Will not be purchasing this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by MissMelinda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation because it matched my skin tone perfectly! But, alas, that is the ONLY good thing about this foundation. It looks terrible on! You can see every skin imperfection when wearing this foundation. I've tried wearing on multiple occasions and every time I just hate how it looks...I would not recommend this to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by CocoJuniper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this because I've never seen another foundation shade like Ivory. It's almost too light for me (NC10), and that just does not happen. It's very similar to L'Oreal True Match in W1, but to my eye it's a tiny bit more yellow and a tiny bit lighter. Unfortunately it finds every single pore on my face makes itself at home. I've tried to wear this on three separate occasions -- once with no primer and twice with different primers -- and it does the same thing every time. I end up washing it off after 20 minutes because it looks terrible. I just can't stand it. Definitely not recommended for anyone who has less-than-perfect skin, especially if you have larger pores, fine lines, or dry spots. Very fair folks with yellow undertones like me will be tempted to try this but I found it very disappointing. I'm keeping it in my stash, hopefully it will be useful for mixing with other foundations that are too dark, but I wouldn't repurchase. Not if it was the last foundation on earth.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by xmaryx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Picked up this foundation because I have more combination skin and I usually really like NYX products, but was disappointed. The consistency is really thick and it felt and looked cakey on my skin (especially in the more dry areas) and I found it hard to blend.