January 27, 2015 | 1980 users online

Liquid - NYX - Stay Matte But Not Flat Liquid Foundation - Ivory

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2015 4:12:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

I don't want to give this a bad review based on formula. I'm in my 30's with normal to dry skin, & it doesn't give me any issues when used with a primer. I do like the coverage. The problem that I have is with the color range. There's no in between Ivory & the next darkest color, Nude. Ivory is far too light for me, yet Nude is far too dark. I'll have to try mixing them, I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2015 3:50:00 PM More reviews by ada18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I too am surprised at some of the negative reviews on this product. One thing I must say is that a foundation's performance will depend heavily on how you apply it and how well the formula is suited for your skin type. This foundation is meant to be applied with a light hand and I find a dot and spread technique is best for this formula. I really only bought this foundation to spot conceal certain areas and it works great for that. Secondly, you must, I repeat, you MUST use a setting powder! This is the case with most foundations regardless of its claims. If you skip the setting powder then you will not maintain a matte finish. No foundation has the ability to halt your body's process of producing oil, it can only control it for a limited period of time. Thirdly, if you are finding this cakey and/or highlighting pores, lines, etc, then you are either applying way too much or your skin is simply too dry for this formulation. This foundation is clearly geared towards younger and/or oily skin types, therefore it will obviously not work well with skintypes outside of that. I am a MAC NC40 and I bought this in 06 Medium Beige and its a pretty decent match, maybe just a tad too dark. Either way this is very inexpensive therefore the risk is low in giving it a go. And once again, you only need a tiny amount of this to do the job of evening out your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by SmaugtheMagnificent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is the first foundation i've had that was a bit too light for me. i like it though. i wouldnt say its full coverage though. you still need some concealer. its easy to apply, doesn't feel cakey unless you apply too much. i like it. i'll probably buy it again, unless i find a different foundation but most likely will stick to this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by losdickey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

bad coverage, bad color. even my nars primer couldnt save it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by juliacrod

I love the size of the tube & that you're able to squeeze the product out. It was a great match to my complexion.. But holy cow. Literally an hour later, it looked like I took the grease from a pan & slathered it on my face. I do still use it for errand days. I use it more like a tinted moisturizer, the coverage isn't that great.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by HeatSeeker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was an impulse buy that I thought I would regret but don't. I did want something that was a little cheaper than my usuals (Guerlain, Dior, Nars) to utilize on a day to day basis. I like that it has a bottle that is easy to extract product from. For this foundation, I just apply with my fingers, as it is the easiest method. I try to rub it in the skin really well, because it can look mask-y if I you dont.

The one thing about this foundation is that it defies the name. It does NOT stay matte, and can look a little flat lol. My T zone gets oily very easy. I make sure to put powder on took of it to combat the flatness and the oil. All in all for just a little over $7 it works for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2014 7:30:00 AM More reviews by RogueMystique

I love how natural it feels on my face. I have oily skin on my t-zone and this foundation does not control oil at all. I like how it does not make my skin oilier but with the natural oil from my skin this foundation gives me a dewy finish.

It does not break me out it has a coverage of a medium to full cover but a texture of a tinted moisturizer. It is easy to remove. This foundation needs to be used along with a finishing powder because it does not have staying power and it will melt after couple of hours during the day in a hot humid weather like Singapore.

I love it for its easy application, removal and how natural it looks and feel on my skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by bbeccakennedyy

I was really expecting something great from this foundation as I'm a huge fan of NYX but apparently everyone else was surprised about this product as well. Unfortunately, I only found out about this website after I purchased it so I didn't read any reviews about this foundation before I purchased it.

I know some people have a problem with the packaging because it's in a squeeze tube kind of thing but I personally love that. Sometimes when you have foundations that have a pump, you can't get the product that's left in the very bottom. I feel like it would be super easy to just squeeze out every little bit of foundation left in the tube. (Kind of like toothpaste)

As for the actual product, I'm so torn between hating it and loving it. My skin isn't bad what so ever but I do have a bit of redness and bad dark circles that I like to cover and this foundation does cover that. I would say it's a medium coverage which is understandable because the foundation is quite watery. This foundation also doesn't oxidize much so the colour you see in the bottle is pretty much what it will look like on your face. But, when I actually put it on, my face becomes an oil slick. I have to blot at least twice a day if I'm just sitting in an air conditioned office and as gross as this is, the blotting paper is always almost completely see through after it's been on my face. I've always had pretty dry skin and I know the oiliness is partly due to my skin as it is oily without make up as well but this foundation does not do what it claims to do. It's supposed to make your face matte and that's the farthest thing from it. It feels sticky and tacky all day whether you set it or not and how many times or how much you use powder.

Another thing about this foundation is it melts off your face....is that gross? Well, it does. I usually apply this foundation at about 6:45 am and by 11-12am/pm, it's so oily that it's literally coming off my face. This foundation also transfers no matter how much you set or how long you've been wearing it. The lasting power of this foundation is on the good side about four to five hours which is annoying.

So unfortunately, I will not be purchasing this foundation again. It's really surprising that it says it is oil free yet makes your face completely shiny...everywhere and if you're looking for something matte, this is not for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2014 3:17:00 AM More reviews by xiongsally

i like it how the foundation give you that matt look, but in the summer if you live in a humid weather like i do the foundation melt.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by simonsem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm currently on my second bottle of the stuff and I love it! I have very oily skin that is prone to acne, and this covers the acne as well as covers the oiliness. IT has good staying power and is the first foundation I've tried that has actually matched my partially yellow partially red skin tones. I use it with CoverGirl Mineral powder. I wish it came in a pump container, but I can make do.