July 31, 2014 | 2009 users online

Hair Color - Ion - Color Brilliance Brights

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by NumberSixBiitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My hair is bleached platinum, I wanted purple streaks- NO! I let this dye sit 40min and nothing! I tried 2 hours and still nothing! They dye rinsed out with the water and left my hair dry and brittle. This is terrible, I DO NOT RECCOMMEND IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by fallenangel97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bought the aqua and lavender from Sally's to do kind of a mermaid ombré look for summer. My hair is a very light blonde (maybe not quite considered platinum) with black underneath. I sectioned off the blonde of my hair into ponytails and applied both colors to the bottoms, also mixing the colors with the Ion clear diluter. It is very thick, which I kind of like, and smells nice. It came out very true to the color swatches in the store. I haven't read many good reviews about the lavender, but I like the way mine turned out. The only thing I dislike is that I've washed my hair once after waiting two days, and it's already somewhat faded. But I've had this experience with all colorful semi-permanent dyes I've used over the years, so I'm not too shaken.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by jenbiznee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was exploring the blue/green spectrum of hair coloring and after being disatisfied with several other brands that I usually have excellent luck with bought the Aqua color on a whim. I expected it to be pretty crappy because it is far cheaper than other brands that I use. I left it on my head, with a plastic cap, for about 4 hours and was shocked how brilliant and true to color it came out. I mixed a couple tablespoons in with mostly conditioner and came out a bright turquoise. with very little patchiness. My hair was almost white, then dyed a light mint and the effect is very oceanic.

And it lasts! I am a compulsive deep conditioner which is how I also fade my hair to keep in changing (I have issues :) and this color won't budge! Not sure about the other colors as I have heard extremely mixed reviews, but from my personal experience the Aqua is sort of a perfect dye.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by kayliexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Loving mine so far! I bought both the aqua and the purple and received a free colour diluter. All bought at sally's for about $10CAD. I decided to do an ombre look (I also uploaded a photo of the results) on my already light blonde hair. I mixed a bit of the purple with the diluter until it was a lavender colour and did the bottom third of my hair, and then put the non-diluted purple on about the bottom quarter. I was pleasantly surprised with how it turned out. I also love the thick consistency which makes it easy to put it exactly where you want it. I can't comment on it's lastability quite yet but I've definitely heard good things. Hoping it lasts longer than "ultra violet" by manic panic as that lasted me literally one wash. The price of this stuff is also great. My only complaint would be the smell. It is very hair-dye-ie if that makes sense. It smells kind of like a permanent colour with a peroxide in it would, even though its a semi permanent. That's not great because after using it you're not supposed to wash your hair so you're stuck smelling like that for a few days. Other than that, I'm very pleased. Will definitely try the aqua and would definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by jayfeisty

I love my hair and this product is pretty dope :) i like that it stays for a pretty good amount of time. i bleached my hair of course since i had black hair, it was some orangyish yellowish not so very blonde and i love how my hair came out. I used and still use the aqua and sky blue mixed. Color lasts, fades a little green but still a very nice color, but what do you expect from blue dyes. I like and it doesn't bleed too much which is great!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by StormyLotus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

There are definite pros and cons with this dye.
Pros- the colors stayed true much longer than I expected, there is no dripping to worry about so streaks are easier, a decent range of colors to choose from.

Cons- the blues last, but they last too long. If you choose blue, expect it to be permanent. I tried covering the aqua that had turned green-ish in my hair with a dark brown, you can still see green steaks.
The red was more pink and washed out quite quickly.

I do wish the hair didn't have to be almost white blonde, but I understand that's the nature of the beast.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Kelolo

I have been dying the underneath of my hair for a while now. I saw a picture that Kylie Jenner put up on instagram and she did the underneath a royal blue and I love it! I decided I wanted to do the same except with the Aqua color.
My hair grows pretty fast so the blonde that I originally died the underneath of my hair grew out. I went to Sally's and got the prism bleach powder in violet and the volume 30 cream. I was told to get 40 but I went with the 30 thinking that it would be less damaging but I should have bought that one. I bleached it and it came out 2 different shades of blonde because of my hair growing out and the blonde before. It wasn't light enough so I did it again a week later. I wanted to make sure I didn't really damage it and to my surprise it wasn't that bad. When I dyed it again it came out more blonde but still it was all different colors of blonde.
I decided to dye the aqua color a couple of days later. First off it was very thick. I heard you could mix it with conditioner but I wasn't sure how much so I winged it. I didn't make enough the first batch so I kept having to make more and I know it wasn't the same amount of color the second time. I left the dye in for a while...over an hour. When I was done I rinsed it out and put the ion after color conditioner in it. I blew dry it and saw that some of my hair was brown. The parts that came out bright and true to the color was the blondest parts of my hair. Otherwise the darker parts were brown and more green. This dye did stain but you just have to be very careful. I put vaseline on my neck before hand and it helped a lot.
So overall this dye is really good, you just have to bleach your hair light enough to get a vivd color. Hopefully it lasts long

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by sweetsparkless

These colors don't last for more than a week. I have tried to leave it in overnight and use heat but they still don't last. The pastel color lasted two washes in my hair. It was a waste of money. I should have stuck with Manic Panic. Ion is cheap but I will not purchase again or recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by redheadlove331

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this stuff. I have used a total of five colors and have mostly stuck with the red. Yes, it is a think formula however, if you want the color to be bright, keep it thick and spread it on. I have really long hair so it takes me about two containers but those two containers left on forty minutes was more then enough time. The red does come out slightly more of a pinkish hint. If you want it really red, spend the 2 or 3 bucks to get the ion red enhancers. It mixes with the brilliance to make it more of a red hue. People have said it doesnt show or stick to their hair. It will NOT want to stick if you bleach your hair then condition it. It has to be dry, freshly bleached hair. The ion bleach (40 with the ammonia free lightening powder) works great for that as long as you aren't allergic (do test first. I can handle most bleaches but I got a horrible reaction to it). Also, If you bleach really light blonde or white, it will turn out less red. It even says in the instructions to lighten to a seven rather then a ten. I love this stuff. I don't have a single bad thing to say about this stuff. Its amazing. Fyi, if you pay the $5 for the sally's card, the color is 4.79. I didn't even spend 20 on everything I needed.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by PurpleMongoose12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's a good hair dye! It is thick though so I recommend mixing it with a little bit of water or conditioner. I'm not really a fan of the smell because it's a stronger scent, I mean isn't that bad but for me I don't like the scent. It sticks to your hair well and it lasts really long in your hair c: it's pretty cheap too! But I hate the tube but I can deal wih it because the colors last lonh so yepp :)