July 28, 2014 | 2048 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Studio Mascara Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by mrsseay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This primer is CRAZY! My lashes are already long, but when I put this on they're ridiculous! I use a curler, this primer, and Loreal's million lashes for the best lashes EVER.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by troo12

I wanted this to work so bad but it just gave my spider lashes and that's not super desirable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by AsianWonder805

This is an amazing mascara primer!! It is even better then my old Lancome one, which was super expensive. It comes off as a clear mascara, even though the formula is white, & it volumizes & seperates the lashes. On bum days, it works well on it's own for a natural but volumized look

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I got this from a store closing sale for a dollar because of the reviews and I have to say, I don't think I would have gotten it for $3. Yea they are cheap but I still want a product to work. This does work ok, but I don't think I'd get it again since there are other primers out there. Plus the container is sooo small, I'm sure there's not a lot in there. I don't mind the handle too much, but again, it's not a great design idea. Idk I just didn't see too much of a difference in my mascara while using this. Maybe I just have a good mascara on it's own, idk.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by jjp7401

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The long handle is super awkward, but this primer is my h.g. It's boosted my mascara tremendously. I used to go through all kinds of mascaras trying to lengthen my short eyelashes, but this primer will make any mascara twenty times better. My eyelashes have never been more beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pretty good primer! Helps to build volume and length. Not clumpy or goopy, doesn't change pigmentation of black mascara or turn it gray. It doesn't have fibers like some primers do, so it's not going to create some insane false lash effect.

The tube looks really long but it's actually a pretty small amount of product. Oh well, it's super cheap and does the job!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by roseroach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Work pretty good. I used it with my Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara. It worked alright still checking it out . So I will update you how i liked the product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

HOLY CRAP THIS IS AMAZING. I like to put this on after I do my eye makeup and before I put on my face makeup so it has time to dry before I do eyebrows and mascara. One coat makes your lashes look RIDICULOUSLY long, seriously. This is probably the most lengthening mascara I've ever used, and that's impressive to me since I have short, straight Asian lashes. I put about 2 coats on top and bottom lashes and then I put on whichever mascara I feel like using that day, but whichever mascara I use, I see a huge improvement in length! I'm just so blown away that my eyelashes could ever look decently long without fake lashes.

FYI, I haven't tried any other eyelash/mascara primers before so this review may be subject to change in the future.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by BetsyRocket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've relied on MUA for years. I'm a dedicated MAC user and while looking through reviews on their mascara primer I noticed a few different people saying that E.L.Fs version was just as good if not better and way cheaper. So I figured I would give this one a shot. I have to say I am really disappointed!! First - I had a really hard time finding it. They do not sell it here in my target stores so I looked for it online and saw I could buy it on their website - if I wanted to pay $5.00 for shipping on top of it! I finally found it on amazon for $6.00 which is double the price but still cheaper than buying it direct. When I finally got it I saw that while the box itself is the usual length for mascara - over half of that length is the application wand handle. The actual bottle of product is very very small. There is also very little product in the bottle itself and almost nothing comes out on the wand. I have to put 3 coats on just to get decent coverage. Once it's on it's pretty ok with thickening and lengthening but between the small amount of actual product and the amount I have to put on.. Buying MACs primer is by far a better deal. Don't waste your money!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by WendyTran

It is the first lash primer I use :) And i love it!

Pros:
-Elongates lashes
-Good packaging
-Very inexpensive
-The white does not mix with the black mascara to create grey

Cons:
-It does uncurl my lashes...But i guess its normal, I never found a mascara that keeps my curl completly.

Must buy item! :)