October 1, 2014 | 1801 users online

Moisturizers - L'Oreal - Youth Code Dark Spot SPF 30 Day Cream Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

L'Oreal Paris Youth Code Dark Spot SPF 30 Day Cream Moisturizer is amazing. I use it as both a moisturizer & as a sunscreen. I really enjoy the high SPF because sun protection, especially on my face, is imperative to me. I initially bought this to lighten the acne scars I have on my face. This cream is apparently formulated with chestnut extract HEPES & procysteine & that's good to fade dark spots on the skin.

I have oily skin & naturally, I was weary of this cream because it is really thick & I found it too hard to rub in; it just kind of sits there. It doesn't seem to absorb completely into my skin. I don't like the consistency because it's too heavy. Because of my skin type & the consistency, I have to use very little. I know you're wondering 'of course it's rich, it's a cream,' but it's too much! It's to the point where I can only wear it as a sunscreen. I have to wear it alone despite the fact I'd like to be able to wear makeup (particular liquid foundation) over this; however, even alone, this cream is messy. If I touch of rub my face, the cream literally peels & balls/rolls up on my skin.

This day cream didn't make me itch or give me any blackheads like it did some other people, but I did experience a burning sensation a little while after I put it on, but I did subside. I'm not sure if I'm allergic to something particular/one of the ingredients or if it's my generally sensitive skin. I in all conscience cannot vouch for whether or not it actually fades dark spots because I use a separate product to target dark spots & I don't know if I'm seeing results from those products, or from this one.

In any case, I got this for $25 at Walgreens & I recommend itů if you don't have oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by hitomitojite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried so many L'oreal skincare products and hate most of them. This one, however, I love. I have tried so many different moisturizers for my combination skin and this is the only one other than the one from estee lauder that is not greasy or too dry. It is so perfect for my skin that I don't really care if it fades dark spots or not.

What I don't like about this product is the smell. Why do they always have to put such offensive frangance in skin products? Why put extra harmful chemicals in the products when you don't need or, or in this case ruin the whole thing for me? I can't stand the smells. A fragrance free version will be perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Beauty2Behold

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I thought it was very necessary that I wrote a review on this cream! This has been my go-to day cream for over a year now and I have to say that I am absolutely in love with it. I'm normally not too into L'Oreal products in general, however I liked what this product was meant to do; Illuminate the skin, while keeping it hydrated and protected with SPF 30, all the while lightening dark spots and giving a youthful appearance. That was just what I needed.
I have to say that this product does what it claims. I love the way it makes my red/blotchy acne prone skin look even and luminous immediately after application. My skin feels plump and healthy. I went on a trip to Mexico for a week last year and decided to use only a sunscreen for moisturizer as opposed to this which was my everyday face cream. When I came back home, I noticed a HUGE difference in my skin's appearance, it looked patchy, aged, dehydrated and most of all, my dark spots were ten times worse (which does all happen because of being in such extreme tropical weather). I immediately went back to this cream and it evened out my skin tone within a week of daily use and quickly faded any new dark spots!

I have tried the other L'Oreal youth code day creams and this one I found to be the best as it DOES lighten dark spots with persistent use and does not break me out which is a HUGE plus for my acne-prone skin.

I will continue to use this until I find something even better and have recommended it to my sisters as well. After a year I'm still using this every single morning and now night as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by adia1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe so many bad reviews. I have oily skin, and to me--this is a light, fresh, non sticky cream which has SPF 30 and a nice faint scent, like Olay. Usually SPF 30 creams sting my eyes or skin but not this one. Usually use Clinique,Jurlique or Shiseido W/SPF but since it is winter, this fits the bill. Jurlique is too moisturizing for my oily skin so I'm glad I found this one. Can't attest to if it corrects dark spots or not because I just started using last week but it does have Chestnut seed extract, just like Clinique Dark Spot SPF Day cream, which I also like. Chesnut extrat is supposed to help with dark spots.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

Use this during the day...I don't wear foundation though--it might bead a little if you do, feels like there are some silicones in it. I think it gives enough luminizing to make me feel awake. I use this all over and have not had one issue with break outs! I use RoC Deep Wrinkle cream at night under my eyes with RoC Multicorrexion layered on top, then Cetaphil to wash. I have been using this combo the past 2 weeks and it has really made a good difference.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Ro687

Sorry, but this only worked for a few days then started clogging my pores like MAD! YuCk! I could see my pores act as a dirt magnet. Please stay away from the Youth Code line - trying too hard to compete with Olay & other brands out there when the Youth Code line is only missing a few ingredients as compared to their higher end Lancome line & the line needs serious improvement. Sorry, but I will stick with Neutrogena & Olay for most of my skin care items. Lumene radiance beauty nectar seems to work great for me as an "essence" (makeup remover-wash-tone-"essence"-serum-moisturizer) before applying a serum or just a moisturizer as that product also contains some vitamin C, which is the "dark spot fighter". Also, another one to try would be the Garnier spot corrector or even Neutrogena healthy skin anti-wrinkle anti-blemish cream as it has retinol & Vitamin C, however it's a little greasy feeling for summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by STsalim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so excited about this product when it came out with the wave of new "brightening" and spot-fading products earlier this year. Finally -- an actual oil-free cream for my sensitive skin (which is normally combination but has been extremely dry recently because of topical meds) which includes SPF and wards off unsightly dark marks to which I'm prone....

Unfortunately, although I like the consistency, it didn't fade dark marks. Pros included price point, cream formula, oil-free, and SPF 30. Cons -- didn't do what it claimed.

Formula: I like that it's a cream, since it's so hard to find one that doesn't break me out and my skin is SO dry these days. Smell is present but not unbearable.

Effectiveness: Does not fade dark marks. Period.

Price: Medium price, got it for around $20 on Amazon. Lasted me quite a while.

Packaging: Not a fan of the unhygenic jar but wasn't a huge issue.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Beautyqueen503

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am not going to be rating this product on whether it fades spots or not that's why I am giving it 3 lipsticks. Let's start with the price, the price is a little bit expensive for a drugstore face cream but since it has SPF 30 in it, it's "alright" I paid $24.99 for this cream. The packaging: it comes in a jar which is not my preference but I thought I could always use a cotton swab to pick up some of the product and keep it hygenic. Now the product texture, this is a very thick cream. Once you apply it, it feels heavy and thick, it doesn't absorb into the skin easliy but it doesnt take forever either. I would say it feels sort of like a suncreen. It does have a scent which didn't bother me at all. I have oily skin, and I would not recomment this to anyone with oily or combination skin because this feels oily!! And I know that it claims to give you a "luminous" look but honestly you just look greasy not luminous. I would say if you have dry skin give this a try but for me, no. That's why I didnt continue to use this to see any results. If you like it great! But it just didnt work for me.