April 18, 2014 | 1973 users online

Styling Products - Shea Moisture - Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curling Soufflé

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by tiffany287

I have purchased this product several times. I have very dry hair and it is wavy esk with looser curls at the edges and the neck. It tends to be nappier in the center. I found that this gel if hair is properly conditioned, and moisturizer defines, moisturizes, preserves, and gives curls elasticity. What I have noticed this most is that it keeps hair from becoming matted, the curls tend to spring back. The stickiness doesn't bother me, it melts into moisturization into my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by tabbyboots

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best product I have tried for my hip length, thick 3 a/b hair. My hair is defined, shiny, and soft. I only need a nickel to quarter sized amount so a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by suestew2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried dozens of combinations of products on my 3B/C hair, and nothing works better than than the combination of this gel souffle and the SM Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie. I combine a small amount of both in my hands and apply, comb through, then rake and scrunch. I get soft curls, no frizz, and a good amount of non-crunchy hold if I scrunch again after it's dry. On top of that, I have pretty decent second and even third day hair. It's a winning combination, and I hope these two products will always be available.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by rngirl2014

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is really good! it's a little difficult to figure out how much you need. I always end up putting in a little too much. but once it dries and you scrunch it out, it's fantastic! defined frizz free curls!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by AOPreston

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have frizzy 4a hair. I found this product to be really oily. All it did was make my hair feel greasy. I threw it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 4:12:00 AM More reviews by haynmama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My hair is probably a 3a/b in curl talk & about as long to the middle of my back. I'm a hair product junkie. If its for curly hair, I'll buy it. I love this stuff! It's better than Miss Jessie's curling custard. For me anyways. It's like a mix of a leave in conditioner, gel, & a pomade. Perfect. It also rinses easily out of my hair & it's all organic & that's a good thing. The smell is yummy. I wish it could be packaged in a pump type bottle but I think that would be difficult as its consistency is very thick & jelly like. That's the only con I have about this product. I hoard it & always have 2 jars on hand. Lol.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after reading a lot of great reviews. I also had great success with the line's curl smoothie. I did not have any success with this product. It did the opposite of defining my curls. It turned them into huge frizzy puff balls.
I tried using a small amount alone on my hair. I tried using over products. Then I just gave up. It made my hair feel sticky and weird. When I washed, it did feel moisturized. I can't imagine using this just to keep my hair moist when other products will do the same.
The only pros are moisturization and the coconut smell. The cons are the odd texture, the jar leaking, it being awkward to apply from a tub and it just not defining curls.
I cannot find a use for this even as a leave in. No matter how I apply or how little, my reacts and turns into a giant frizz ball.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I was sleeping on it for a while due to so many bad reviews on multiple websites. I'll never do that again!!

I have never had one problem with this product being tacky/sticky. It's a gel but it's not. It provides a ton of moisture and hold to my curls without being crunchy and dried out and it makes my hair so shiny!

I can go a good 3-4 days without re-moisturizing my curls. I've never had any product do that before (and I am a product junkie!). The souffle doesn't sit on my hair and feel greasy either. Any other styling product I would use for twist outs always required me to re-set my hair with more twist every night and morning. When I undo my twist in the morning, I don't have to add anything to my hair...I'm good to go!!

I find this product a winner...the price, how much you get, the small amount that needs to be used, and the scent...makes a great product. If I could change anything, I would prefer the packaging to be a squeeze tube, to help prevent loose strands of hair getting into the container.

I will add that I cannot go more than 4 days without co-washing or shampooing my scalp/hair so for the ladies that don't wash their hair that often, this could be a negative about this product. I definitely think it has the potential for 'nasty' build up. Since it is so moisturizing on my hair I would never want to re-set my twist out with more of the souffle. I would probably just add water and re-set.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Tiphani

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have dry hair I use this with the cream, and it defines my curls and leaves them moisturized defined and not nappy and crunchy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

Despite the negative reviews I still picked this up because when it comes to hair and beauty products everything is subjective. First of all a little goes a long way and its best to apply it over another product as the finisher. After cleansing my hair I apply the SM Curling Smoothie or Curling Milk in sections. Then I apply the Souffle last...also applied in sections. Once completed I twist my hair and then go about doing something else for thirty minutes. After 30 minutes I untwist and separate with my fingers. I allow it to air dry and my hair looks shiny and healthy. Curls are defined and not sticky at all. I can keep this look for about three days and only touching it up with the SM Curl Shine and water once a day. This is the best way to use the Souffle. Combined with another product its great but by itself it definitely is a hot sticky mess. For me I will definitely re-purchase.