July 30, 2014 | 1018 users online

Styling Products - Shea Moisture - Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curling Soufflé

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by larelin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference, I have thick, 2b/2c, wavy/curly hair that goes halfway down my back. I initially tried this a couple times with the Shea moisture curl and style milk and had very poor results. My hair was frizzy, had no definition, and was left with a strange texture. I then tried this with the curl enhancing smoothie from the same brand and had FAR better results. It gives me smooth, defined curls and waves, and even tames the hair on the back of my head that tends to be more coarse and frizzy. It takes some trial and error to figure out the proper amount for your hair, but so far it hasn't been disastrous if I use a little too much--my hair is just a bit stiff and takes longer to dry. For my long hair I use about a quarter size dollop. People with finer or shorter hair could definitely get by with less. This product seems to need some sort of leave-in underneath, so it's up to your hair type whether you use the style milk or the curl smoothie. The smoothie works for me since my hair tends to need thicker products with more hold.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by pinkmouse09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this. I think a lot of the negative reviews are from those who using too much. I put this on top of the curl enhancing smoothie and air dry. My hair was so tame and looked fine when I woke up. I used way too much the first time and it was sticky. I only use a small amount and go section by section. My curls are POPPING and don't get the hard gel look. If the consistency gets too watery, I put it in the fridge for a while

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by meloe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I waited awhile to buy this product due to so-so reviews but I'm absolutely happy I did. I don't typically review prodcuts but this one left such an impression I had to share! I have big, loose curls and lots of fine hair that has a tendency to frizz. I have a hard time with products as most weight my hair down or make it look greasy. I had been using the SheaMoisture Yucca Rinse Out Conditioner as a leave in followed with dry oil. This was ok but still end up frizzy and tangled by the end of the day. This product totally changed that. I now use this after using a little of the Sheamoisture rinse-out conditioner as a leave in and I've had great results. A little goes a long way; I only use maybe a dime sized amount for each side of my head. The smell is amazing too, which is a huge plus. I absolutely recommend this product (especially for fellow 3a's)!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by tiffany287

I have purchased this product several times. I have very dry hair and it is wavy esk with looser curls at the edges and the neck. It tends to be nappier in the center. I found that this gel if hair is properly conditioned, and moisturizer defines, moisturizes, preserves, and gives curls elasticity. What I have noticed this most is that it keeps hair from becoming matted, the curls tend to spring back. The stickiness doesn't bother me, it melts into moisturization into my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by tabbyboots

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best product I have tried for my hip length, thick 3 a/b hair. My hair is defined, shiny, and soft. I only need a nickel to quarter sized amount so a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by suestew2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried dozens of combinations of products on my 3B/C hair, and nothing works better than than the combination of this gel souffle and the SM Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie. I combine a small amount of both in my hands and apply, comb through, then rake and scrunch. I get soft curls, no frizz, and a good amount of non-crunchy hold if I scrunch again after it's dry. On top of that, I have pretty decent second and even third day hair. It's a winning combination, and I hope these two products will always be available.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by rngirl2014

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is really good! it's a little difficult to figure out how much you need. I always end up putting in a little too much. but once it dries and you scrunch it out, it's fantastic! defined frizz free curls!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by AOPreston

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have frizzy 4a hair. I found this product to be really oily. All it did was make my hair feel greasy. I threw it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 4:12:00 AM More reviews by haynmama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My hair is probably a 3a/b in curl talk & about as long to the middle of my back. I'm a hair product junkie. If its for curly hair, I'll buy it. I love this stuff! It's better than Miss Jessie's curling custard. For me anyways. It's like a mix of a leave in conditioner, gel, & a pomade. Perfect. It also rinses easily out of my hair & it's all organic & that's a good thing. The smell is yummy. I wish it could be packaged in a pump type bottle but I think that would be difficult as its consistency is very thick & jelly like. That's the only con I have about this product. I hoard it & always have 2 jars on hand. Lol.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after reading a lot of great reviews. I also had great success with the line's curl smoothie. I did not have any success with this product. It did the opposite of defining my curls. It turned them into huge frizzy puff balls.
I tried using a small amount alone on my hair. I tried using over products. Then I just gave up. It made my hair feel sticky and weird. When I washed, it did feel moisturized. I can't imagine using this just to keep my hair moist when other products will do the same.
The only pros are moisturization and the coconut smell. The cons are the odd texture, the jar leaking, it being awkward to apply from a tub and it just not defining curls.
I cannot find a use for this even as a leave in. No matter how I apply or how little, my reacts and turns into a giant frizz ball.