August 28, 2014 | 981 users online

Moisturizers - Elizabeth Arden - Ceramide Plump Perfect Ultra Lift and Firm Moisture Cream SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I never would have guessed the results I'd see with EA's Ceramide Plump Perfect Ultra Lift and Firm Moisture Cream SPF 30. I'm so delighted with the way my skin looks this summer and it's all because I began using this cream for the spf 30. I am a fan of the Ceramide capsules from Elizabeth Arden and use them religiously now, and because of the dangers of the summer sun, began using this moisturizer in conjunction with them.
I don't always wear makeup and when it's so hot outside, I can't be bothered with anything on my face. I don't sit in the sun, but certainly want to protect my skin. If I'm not going to be out in the sun, I really don't want to put on a sunblock if I don't have to. So I decided to look for a moisturizer that contained a high enough spf that would block out the sun's rays for me on days that I wouldn't be wearing much of anything else on my face.
Frankly, I never expected to witness the great results I have with this cream. My fine lines have without a doubt plumped, my skin is smoother and firmer and I like the way it looks. So much, that I have absolutely no problem going out without any makeup at all.
This moisturizer is a very heavy moisturizer. You don't need much of it. A little goes a long way. It is very creamy and spreads easily on your skin. My skin is dry (post-menopausal) and with the addition of the afore-mentioned capsules and now this moisturizer I do notice an evening or balancing in my skin's moisture. I have been using this for for close to three months now for my morning routine and really like how the product makes my skin feel throughout the day. It stays moisturized without getting a greasy feel the entire day. I can put makeup such as a tinted UV protector (Shiseido Urban Environment) on top easily or a powder without a problem. Everything blends easily enough.
It took about a month for me to notice the improvement in my skin. There was a definitive plumping effect of my fine lines that frankly, I was amazed to witness. I'm always a doubting Thomas, as the saying goes. But I did see results.
The jar might seem costly, but you really use so little because it's so creamy and a little goes a long way that I can see this jar lasting at least 6 months. I'm very happy with this purchase and will continue on a ceramide program.
As far as the jar being one of the wide-mouth jars, I scoop a little into a tiny container instead for my weekly usage with a little plastic scoop. That way, I try not to contaminate the larger jar. I also keep the larger jar in the fridge.
It does have a slight fragrance, very, very slight that might be the spf, I'm not sure.
It does have peptides in it, Vitamins A, C, E, shea butter, cocoa butter, and there are other good things, too. Here's the list of ingredients:
"All Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5 % W/W, Oxybenzone 5.0 % W/W, Octisalate 5.0 % W/W, Octocrylene 2.2 % W/W, Avobenzone 2.0 % W/W. Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Ppg-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ceramide 1, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 Ii, Alpinia Speciosa Leaf Extract, Hibiscus Abelmoschuss Seed Extract, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Linoleate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isohexadecane,Acetyl Octapeptide-3, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Pca, Trehalose,Urea, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Lecithin, Phospholipids, Phytosphingosine, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Sucrose, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cholesterol, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 80, Trideceth-6, Acrylamide/Sodium Acrylate Copolymer, Polyquaternium-51, Peg-8, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Bht, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Parfum/Fragrance, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool, Benzoic Acid, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 6 (CI 15985)."
So far, my skin is liking it and showing the results. Well worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by windshadow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My skin can get pretty dehydrated, so a good moisturizer is definitely needed. But because I also had combi/sensitive skin, I was really worried this might break me out.

Thankfully it worked great. No breakouts from it and it is a fairly good moisturizer (sometimes I still flake but that is due to prolonged aircon/sun).

It is quite thick and creamy, so a small amount goes a long way. Too much leaves an oily sheen on your face. I usually use this in the morning before work and the spf is a lifesaver since I am too lazy for sunblock.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Allalla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There is no other word than PERFECTION!
Perfect for dry skin, this product is all about serious moisture. It has a lovely super-rich texture. I actually thought it would be too rich for my skin and also thought this was for mature skin. Whilst, i still find it a bit rich during the day under makeup; i actually use this at night and it is like a miracle cream for me. It helps to clear my breakouts (don't know how, but it does!). Smooths complexion and gets rid of flaky skin that NO OTHER moisturiser has really been able to do. Yes, it is expensive, but soooooo worth it. I tried the night version without SPF and personally, I don't like it as much. I know it's weird to use the SPF at night - but it works for me.
My mum is also hooked on this product and now have got my girlfriends on to it too...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This was on a special sale at a Dutch drugstore (Kruidvat) for a mere €12. I bought three jars, figuring that if I didn't like it I could always give it to my mum. But, lucky for me, I love it! I have incredible soft skin since I started using this a week ago. No break-outs so far. Will keep updating :).

UPDATE: I'm still using this and I'm still very happy with it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by JLomas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pleasantly surprised by this product! I received it in a gift package and figured it might be too rich for my dry, sensitive skin but it worked really well - moisturized nicely through the winter months with no breakouts, and absorbed fairly quickly so I could put my makeup on.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Velvet72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a moisturizer for serious moisture! My dry parched winter skin just drinks it in. Leaves my skin feeling soothed,moist and 'plump' ...just as the name suggests. Most moisturizer advertised for dry skin just doesn't even come close to this hydrating wonder. I just love it. Makeup goes in perfectly after about 5-10 minutes ,as the product has settled into my skin by then. It is thick and lush,smells lovely and does its job! Have and will continue to repurchase,as it is delicious all round. Fat plump skin? Yes please! :-)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 5:11:00 AM More reviews by Hawko

Isn't the name getting ridiculously long, no plump, no lift, no firm. Yes, greasball, I chose this over the lotion b/c of my dry dry skin. Since it is also a sunscreen, I used about 1/3 teaspoonful, it is just like putting Pond's Cold Cream on the skin, it takes a long time to be absorbed (dried) and even so, it leaves a shiny coating on, which accentuated lines & pores. A dusting of loose powder or powder foundation will counteract but defeat the purpose of the creamy moisturizing property. If I remembered it correctly, this product is over Cad $50.
Smear some on the back of your hand at the EA counter before buying.