October 31, 2014 | 1409 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Colorsilk

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2014 3:55:00 AM More reviews by denimvixen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Revlon Colorsilk is my absolute favorite hair coloring product! Not only is it inexpensive (I pay less than $3 at Target) it colors my grays perfectly. I use the dark brown only at my roots and get a very natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by LauraAronson

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The medium golden brown does a nice job of covering my white roots and it blends very closely to my previous salon coloring. It has no ammonia, which is a big plus. My hair came out very silky after using the included conditioner. It is not (too) messy if I'm careful.

Since I need to color every 2 weeks now, I'll continue doing it myself to save time and money. At some point, I might want a full salon job, but have not felt the need in 12 weeks so far.

The box had got a coupon for Luxurious Colorsilk Buttercream and I may try that it I find it (on my hair not on a cake though it sounds yummy).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Slopez1399

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is amazing!!!!!
I wanted to dye my hair back to my normal hair color since dying it a very light brown. I was going to buy the Loreal hair dye I think ... But it was 8 bucks!! So I decided to go with this one I bought the dark brown color and I loved it ... It completely covered the light brown and I have my hair back... My hair is really soft now it's not brittle like how it was before I dyed it ... Definetly worth the 3 dollars ... Always using this hair dye

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by BlackHoleDiver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow. Just, wow.
Cheap can be freaking great.
This doesn't drip all over the place like L'oreal Paris--great color, bad application--it dries faster, it spreads nicely and doesn't have an overpowering fragrance. That said, dark color will bleed for a few days when you wash but that's pretty standard for darker shades. I might try another box color later but I'm really impressed by this total cheapie. I use two bottles for my long hair but the solution mixes quickly and doesn't itch. If you get it on your skin, it will naturally wash away in a day or two.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A bit about my hair. I have curly thick dry frizzy dark brown/black hair. It takes me a lot of time to get tamed presentable hair. Having this hair type I have been shy about coloring my hair. A couple yrs ago I said why not and purchased a box of dye( don't recall brand but it was one of the more expensive ones) the color was off from what I was expecting, didn't last no time and the worst,... My gosh golly did my hair feel like straw forever after. Almost felt as if the stands were liable to snap in half.

Years later and fall is approaching the leaves are changing and I, like most women, had the itch to switch it up a bit. Enter this lovely product.
First I want to say, my hair feels softer than Before! Oh my wow how so? I dunno, but it's so.
I decided to go with brown black, I didn't want an unnatural blue black or anything of the likes, so I thought maybe this would deepen my natural color and remove the warm red tones. I'm very happy with the color, although it's pretty much black it in no way looks like a 3 dollar boxed dye. In natural lighting you can see some slight brown towns. I needed one box for my medium length thick hair.
Oh yea ...it's 3 dollars at walmart. Did I mention that. Living my new " Fall" hair. I will only use this brand from this point forward.
Didn't feel like I needed to hold my breath to stop from fainting from fumes.
Easy to apply ( crappy "gloves" though)
Hair feels beautifully soft ( week after still)
Brilliant color.
Awesome price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by TiaMay

I have naturally medium/dark ash blonde hair and for years (25+) I had dyed it--blonde, auburn & most recently dark mahogany brown (3W). I wanted to go blonde again and used Color Oops to get the dark brown out of my hair. It turned a copper blond, very brassy, not the color I wanted and it was SO dry. I highlighted my hair at the salon ($150) and it still looked brassy. I toned it with Wella T18 and it took it down a notch but still brassy. Tonight I used Revlon Colorsilk 70 Medium Ash Blonde and it is amazing!! No ammonia, no offensive odor, and my hair finally has the ash deposits that matched my roots almost exactly! No more brassy--hallelujah!! It's so affordable ($3) and it left my hair in better shape than before, silky and really soft with shimmering blond highlights. I wouldn't recommend this if you don't have brassy undertones as it could become too grey looking but it worked so well on my hair. I'm back to my natural color and now I can add some blonde highlights and look like a natural blonde again. Definitely worth the 3 bucks :) SO happy!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Katejang81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have colored my hair many many years now at home. I have used a lot of different brands. I typically use L'Oreal Excellence or Garnier. I wanted to add more red in my hair, so I picked up Revlon in Deep Red. I've used Revlon years ago. The color won't stop bleeding out of my hair after each wash. It also left my hair dry and irritated my scalp. I have never had a hair color do that before. Even brands with red in the color. The only good thing is the color came out what i expected.My hair just doesn't care for Revlon.I know my sister has had great luck with Revlon. Sadly I would not repurchase. Back to my 2 favorite brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2014 5:03:00 AM More reviews by bbydiva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this since high school to keep my hair black and I love it . My hair ends up feeling and looking healthier after I use it which I love ! I dyed my hair red at one point (ugh) and had to change it back because I simply didn't care to keep up with it so I used what I knew , revlon color silk and sure enough it worked like charm. Id recommend this product most def . Now keep in mind , your hair should be in good condition when you dye so if it's not and it falls out or something, don't blame the hair dye ! Haha

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by maybom

This is the first time I've tried Revlon hair color, my usual is L'Oreal. The Revlon shade I used was Medium Golden Brown which is more or less my go to shade regardless of brand. After the process, I was surprised at how dark my hair had turned - less golden brown and more very dark brown/soft black. I didn't like it at all! I even tried to strip the color the next day using the baking soda paste method. I figured that my color would start lightening within a week but it hadn't. After two weeks had passed, the color did look a little lightened, about 2 shades but still not medium golden brown enough for me. It's been 3 weeks since the process and the color has finally settled to a shade I like. I have a few stubborn grey hairs that other dyes really never seemed to cover but the Revlon dye has done an outstanding job of getting them, even 3 weeks later. The Revlon color is fantastically priced and I'll buy again but maybe I'll try a lighter shade next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Hkc123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been dying my hair since I was 11, and revlon colorsilk has always been my number one go to brand! The color range is awesome, and you can't beat the price! I always get a shade lighter than what I'm going for, but that's something you always should do when coloring with box dye. I have used the blacks, browns, reds, and a few of the darker blond shades and I've had success with all. My hair always feels amazing and the conditioner is really great. I only wish it came in a bigger packet! Sometimes I will branch out and get clairol nice and easy or garnier, but I always end up coming back to colorsilk. Nothing compares! Just used the light ash brown on my bleach blond hair today and my hair has never been this close to my natural with a box dye! Also my hair was very warm towards the bottom and it fixed that completely and my hair is all one color now. I recommend this 100 percent to everyone.