BeneFit Cosmetics Sun Beam

4.1

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric/Succinic Triglyceride, Pentylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Dimethicone, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Dimethicone Peg-7 Phosphate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-21, Squalane, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Butylene Glycol, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Steareth-2, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Sodium Hydroxide.

on 1/10/2015 5:59:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Gorgeous shimmery golden liquid highlighter, use it across the brow, cheekbones, tip of the nose and chin, with or without bronzer for a pretty, dewy sun kissed look.
The beauty of this its actually quite subtle, I only wish there was more of it! It always seems to run out before I expect it to, and don't be fooled by the box it comes in, it's like opening a packet of crisps to find it's only half full!
Saying that I will always re-purchase because there's nothing else like it.

*TIP this blends fabulously with cremes, powders, foundations etc. so experiment with different items, my favourite is adding a few dabs to my (powder) bronzer on the brush and lightly 'buffing' it in, it prevents the powder from looking too matte and makes the skin look radiant.

on 12/1/2014 5:15:00 PM

This product is fun if your in your twenties or you are olive to dark skin toned but it's not for pale freckled fave girls. it made me look wrinkled. I use it to highlight under my brow which is lovely but not worth the price.

on 9/20/2014 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love love love... I use this product to highlight my cheekbones and looks beautiful without glitter

on 8/15/2014 12:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Well, I have a very complicated feelings towards this thing. In one hand, I love the product, makes my skin glow flawlessly. Even my brother noticed the difference and complimented my makeup when I'm using it (FYI, he hates it when I use any makeup on). It last all day too, just like the high beam. The color is way more subtle on my warm skin tone.
However, it's a bit pricey for me and I don't like the packaging as well. Makes me wonder, what if I almost ran out, would it be hard to get what's left of it? You know, cos the shape of the bottle and stuff.
Soooo...I checked yes on the "If you ran out or lost this product would you buy it again?" question, but actually, I'm not 100% sure.

on 6/5/2014 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am a huge fan of this. It is shimmer not glittery. So simple to apply. Doesn't rub your make up off underneath and really gives you that summer glow. I would say if you are light to medium go for high beam and medium to dark go for sun beam. Its a little tub of magic!! xx

on 5/26/2014 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The applicator for this highlighter is poor and unsanitary. You are better off using one of the gazillion highlighters off the market. I will not repurchase.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm a huge fan of almost all Benefit highlighters. Girl Meets Pearl is probably my favorite, but this one if definitely up there too. It really depends on whether you're going for a pinkish/shimmer finish or a glowy/dewy look. This is probably a warmer look versus a cooler toned look. Again, it comes down to personal preference. I love Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector for the pearly finish as well. As far as bronzing highlighters go, I'd have to say this one is one of the very best. It lasts a all day (as do most Benefit products in my experience) and a little goes a long way. I apply it with my fingers and sometimes buff it out with a stippling brush. The packaging is adorable (same format as Posietint, Benetint, etc.) and trial sized bottles are available in case you don't want to purchase the larger bottle at first. I like that Benefit has smaller versions of their products to "test" before committing to the larger ones. Overall, another great product from Benefit.

on 4/23/2014 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I've only had this product for one day but already love it. I wasn't sure at all if it would work for me and had the Ulta sales associate put High Beam on one side of my face and Sun Beam on the other. Despite my very fair and pinkish skin, the Sun Beam looked totally natural, while the High Beam looked silvery and too white.

What I love is that it's not glittery in any way, just the very slightest hint of shimmer, not even that I should say satin. Unobtrusive and totally natural, even on my "older" skin. I wanted something that didn't scream "highlighter" and this is it. Just the subtlest bit of color. Absolutely wonderful - I'll wear this all summer!

on 2/21/2014 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok, where do I start. I've never loved a makeup product this much before! I thought it would show up too golden on my fair-medium skin but bought it anyway (Got it online so couldn't test it beforehand). I was so wrong. It blends really well and adds just the right amount of shimmer to my face. Honestly it's perfect.

on 2/9/2014 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Tested this out at Sephora, swatched on the back of my hand and blended - and unfortunately, I could pick out the specks of shimmer / glitter so I knew it would not work on my large pores. Not what I was looking for since I already have a Mac MSF (Soft & Gentle) and didn't like the "By the candlelight" MSF. I was looking for more of bronze-y glow.

In the end, believe it or not, I made my own by combining scraping a gold eyeshadow I had lying around (some random local brand that was shimmery not glittery) and then mixing it with moisturizer & a bit of glycerin.. saved myself a wad of cash. I was pretty happy with the end result - totally suited for day wear :) thanks to the KarinaDariafy tutorial on YouTube (just look for DIY sunbeam dupe - she made hers using a Wet n Wild e/s)

My skintone: MAC: NC 42 -- Bobbi: Warm Natural 4.5 -- Graftobian: Desert Sand