November 22, 2014 | 1713 users online

Foundations - Avon - Smooth Minerals Powder Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by honeyangel77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love how finely milled the minerals are in Bare Escentuals mineral makeup. Since that is so expensive tho, I decided I would try some cheaper versions to see if I could find one that would do. I tried the Avon Smooth Minerals powder mineral foundation and was not impressed to say the least. I used the entire package so as to not be wasteful, but found that it was always hard to blend in, and never really got that pretty airbrushed look that I got with the Bare minerals makeup. This avon mineral makeup is very matte in finish, and has a grainy feel to it as it is being applied. It felt cakey on my face and not at all smooth as the name suggests. I do have to say that the colors offered are very natural looking color wise, and they match my skintone well I just don't like the overall end appearance or the feel of it as it is being applied. The price is very reasonable... especially when it is on sale, it can be gotten for less than 10.00. One thing I really like about it that blows bare minerals out of the water is the dispenser system. It has a small hole with a metal cover that only dispenses a small amount when the lid is lifted so as to not waste it or send it flying everywhere. I notice that the makeup doesn't have much staying power either. After a few hours it doesn't even look like I applied any makeup. I find the same to be true with the Smooth Minerals eye shadows and blushes as well. I wont be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by habana

I cannot rave enough about this product. This is my HG foundation. It does what bare minerals claimed to do but didn't deliver...a flawless almost airbrushed look. It is non drying and completely covers all the redness on my face without looking cakey. It also does not irritate my skin like bare minerals did or break me out. The coverage lasts all day too. I've even gotten compliments on my skin since wearing this and I'm 41! It is also just a fraction of the cost of HE mineral foundations. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by jeanniewalker

I first tried this product 4 yrs ago. When I first bought it , it was packaged different. I loved the packaging but didn't like the product. My face is just not made for minerals. But I got a wild hair one day and decided since it is so light to try this over my foundation. Just brush it lightly over. WOW!!!!! In love. I know longer use powder to set my foundation. Just this. I love how it looks on my face. At the end of the work day if I need more I just add it. My face looks more alive. Not dull and like I'm ready for a nap all of the time. I look fresh and ready for the day. All day. My eye shadow looks better. My blush blends better. It really completes the look. Now 4 years later I'm still loving this. Funny to love a product I couldn't stand at first. Will buy again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by LucyLimz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this mineral powder. I have used many others in the past, but for price and coverage this product is good value for money.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by ataylor1326

This product is absolutely horrible.. For years I had been using Bare Minerals because it seemed to be the only makeup that wouldn't make me break out like crazy. I soon became tired of paying so much for Bare Minerals and waiting for it so long just to come in the mail. One day I was flipping through an Avon Magazine. My mom was a beauty guru, she was gorgeous! She always told me "Never, ever buy from Avon." I found a product called Smooth Minerals and I read the information on the makeup. It claimed to have all the same things in it as BM so I figured I'd try it. Keep in mind, With BM you can always go a shade darker and wont get that gross orange tint. That was another reason why I loved the product. I ordered the Smooth Minerals powder foundation in Light-Medium and the Smooth Minerals smooth blush in "Rose Radiance." Anyways, I ordered from my step-mom's friend who was a sales person for Avon. My product had come in in a dew days. I tried the powder foundation and it was terrible! It gave my skin a very orange tint and had no coverage what so ever. (I used concealer and then the powder on top) The I put the blush on top, It looked so weird against the color of the Powder Foundation. I had to just try and brave through it until I had the money to buy some more Bare Minerals Makeup. I have never broke-out so much in my life from a Powder! It was Ridiculous! Never buy from Avon! Never!
Questions and Comments welcome :)
- Alexis Taylor

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 5:17:00 AM More reviews by rachysetty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just discovered this and it is really good. As a previous user of bare minerals, this is just as good in my opinion, a hell of a lot less expensive and just as easy to use packaging - maybe even easier.

Some of the other mineral foundations I have used other than bare minerals have had poor packaging design which makes it impossible to transport, but this is great, I would even dare say better then the bare minerals.

And also for anyone with blemish prone skin I have had no breakouts! I was worried at less then half the price of the bare minerals the quality would suffer but it doesn't! Brilliant!

Highly recommended for those with acne prone or oily skin.

Also as a mum very quick and easy to use with great results.

I have also found I don't need to top up as much as the bare minerals during the day either!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Pestina18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

General highlights: slightly glowing and shimmery, can control how much goes on, true to color |||||
This stuff is AMAZING. My favorite foundation, and I won't use anything else. Most powders give a chalky, matte sort of look, but this makes your skin glow with a very subtle shimmer. It's true to color and never look orange. It's slightly translucent, so you can apply as much or as little as you'd like, and they're easy to transition in between seasons with. It covers up flaws like pimples pretty well. It lasts a long time, but I apply a little more if I'm going out at night. They're great with Smooth Minerals blush and highlighter! Glowing skin that looks flawless.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by elphie87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Goes on well, good coverage. However, the ivory shade, which I assumed would be the lightest, is far too orange for my light skin tone. Also, it does itch a little :/. I would buy again if Avon release a shade that matches my skin tone, as this product is dirt cheap for a mineral foundation,

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by delicatepost

I guess that this product is for a highlighter than a foundation for me.. where am Im really not a girl who likes shimmery highlighters.. I dont like shimmer and this a pale shimmer.. I dont like it. maybe others will like it.. it is very soft on the good side, I think the packaging is alright. it's a screw top here in the uk, I wouldn't buy this product again or use it for the most but it would be good for a natural shimmer highlighter for somone who likes that look.. BTW!! for the coverage, it doesnt cover redness! just a heads up

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by alphame

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My only complaint with this product is that it can be a bit clumpy or overly- shimmery if you use too much. The less of this product you use, the better it looks. It can give your skin a nice glow and the color "soft ivory" suits my skin very well. Easy to apply, and isn't too difficult to blend into the skin, if the color is right for you.