January 25, 2015 | 2081 users online

Makeup Brushes - Coastal Scents - 22 brush peice brush set

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2015 4:45:00 PM More reviews by cclarke95

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought my brushes around a year ago now and they've been awesome from day one. I was them every one-two weeks, and none of them have broken and after one year have only now began to shed. I wouldn't hesitate to buy these again, although there is no eyebrow spooky which sucks...but the flat top foundation brush totally makes up for it! Some of the brushes also come with the brush covers, which makes them easier to store and less messy. Also comes in a leather case, which is light weight and easy for transportation.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2015 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Amandazzle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

CRAZY, CRAZY SHEDDING. So disappointed. My favorite and only two useable brushes are the two duo fiber face brushes. They make up for the horrible quality of the rest of the set. The natural hair brushes shed like no other. Like it literally looks like I finished trimming my bangs the first time I used the eyeshadow brushes and the angled blush brush. Also, I posted a poor review to Coastalscents.com and since I have sent it in for review, new reviews have been posted and mine has not. Shady.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by sugabaabe

The brushes are really soft. The eye brushes shed a lot though. The handles are sturdy and well-made but honestly this set wasn't worth the $40 I paid for it. You're better off getting one high quality brush from MAC or Sigma than this in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing set. I wish it came with instructions because i know my basic brushes but some of them are mysterious. Thank god there are tons of tutorials on youtube.
I aslo wish they were numbered so that you could refer to them.
I basically uses brushes for my whole makeup: liquid foundation, powder, blush/bronzer, eyeshadow, brows and eyeliner.
The brushes are great: no problems with shredding, no weird smell, great overall quality. I am GLAD i bought them, the price is great too, individual brushes are soooo expensive! I had to buy my MAC angled brush two times in the last year because it didn't last....so this is a good deal for me...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Great set for either a beginning makeup enthusiast or even someone more advanced. I got this for 50% off on the black Friday sale. The brushes have held up pretty well so far, but I haven't washed them much- I've heard rumor of shedding but no problems thus far. So much versatility- awesome travel pouch. Wish they'd have the names/purposes of the brushes printed on them though.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 6:11:00 AM More reviews by 4210johanna

A great product considering the price you're paying. After a year of everyday use some of the synthetic brushes are starting to fall apart.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Bainton

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As many other reviews have said, I was thrilled with my purchase when these brushes came in the mail. ZERO complaints. However, one year later, the two largest brushes are starting to fall apart. One is losing a ton of hairs and the other is falling loose from the handle. I have always been extremely careful when washing them, as I had hoped I could have them for a very long time since I was so satisfied with the performance. I think when I go to repurchase new brushes, it will be Real Techniques or Royal and Langnickel, as even Sigma has a reputation for their face brushes to fall apart. Hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by samanthalyn713

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am FLOORED by this brush set! Coastal scents does it again. I was on amazon and I came across this and was skeptical because of the low price (I paid $34 I think) and it comes with 22 brushes. After watching several YT videos reviewing this brush set I purchased it off of amazon. It arrived 2 days later and I couldn't believe how high quality the brushes were! I washed them right away and they took a little while to dry, but once they dried I couldn't wait to get my hands on them to create a makeup look and test them for myself. I loved them! I used the flat top brush to flawlessly apply my HG smash box BB cream- stunning. I own several flat top kabukis, and it is one of my favorites I have to say. Just as good as Sigma's flat top kabuki. I also really love the Duo Fiber brushes they include. The eyeshadow brushes are awesome! I am really happy with this brush set. No shedding, soft, durable. The only downsides were that it doesn't include a brush guide and you have to go on the CS website to get guide and the pleather brush case it came in had a funky smell- almost like a sharpie marker. All in all, I think this is a fantastic brush set for beginners or if you're a MUA/MU collector and want to add to your collection. XOXO

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Edit 04/23/2013 - 2 of the handles of these brushes have started to "unglue" and are basically coming apart. This after using the set 3-4 times tops. I contacted CS and explained the situation and they basically said that due to the length of time from me purchasing (Oct 2012), there's nothing they can do. I understand their policy but after all the products I've purchased (which they can see through my order history), I was expecting a slightly better response. Would definitely NOT repurchase this set. You get what you pay for and for the price of this set, I would much rather buy Real Techniques or Ecotools or even 1 quality MAC brush.** Overall not very impressed with these brushes. I was hoping to use this set exclusively for when I travel and was a bit disappointed when I started using these after reading all the rave reviews. The eye brushes are my main complaint as they are very flimsy, shed and are not "complete". Instead of having 3 angled liner/ brow brushes, they should have included more actual shadow brushes. Also, the round powder rush is too small and flimsy and doesn't pick up product. The larger "powder brush" was ok when I used it a few times to buff in my foundation but is now very lose and is basically coming apart. I guess you get what you pay for. Not happy with these and would not recommend other than to beginners or teenagers.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by photographsNwhite08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was in dire need of new brushes and I do think that Coastal Scents has been doing very well here recently with their products, brushes especially. I bought this set for $35, whereas, I don't usually pay that much for brushes, but I figured for 22 brushes you can't really go wrong. I got them home and I fell in love with the way that these brushes felt. They feel like such a high quality brush and work wonderfully. My only concern is the smell of the brushes and the belt-type-thing that they come in. It smells awful. Like it almost gave me a headache whenever I opened it up. It has finally went away, after about a month and a half. I feel like this brush kit was really missing a couple of brushes, though. They failed to include a nice, big, fluffy blending brush. Now don't get me wrong, there's a good fluffy brush in there that you COULD blend with, but it's not completely round enough for me to blend with, (MHO). I definitely do think that they could have included a better powder brush. Like a more round, fluffier brush to just brush on powders or bronzers if needed. I love the face brushes that were included, but I feel like I'm going back to my face brushes from other kits for applying powder products. I also feel like they could've replaced one of the many eyeliner brushes with a brow brush, but that's also my opinion. All of the brushes work wonderfully and so far, I'm not having any issues with any of the bristles falling out or being scratchy in any way. If you can catch it on sale, definitely snatch it up, because it's a great deal for a great product.