October 22, 2014 | 1939 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Mineralize Charged Water Moisture Gel Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4eva28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow I'm in love ! Firstly I'm born in a hot country I have had two babies so my harmones r affecting my skin , therefore I need to moisturise regularly however my skin is quite thirsty and needs water based products I tried bobbi brown because I like the fact it's quite natural but it made my have a greasy forehead and came on me like a fat layer ! I'm so skeptical about trying things especially with parabens in but the sales assistant knew immediately and introduced me to this lovely gel I came home and rushed to wash my face and once apply it was like my skin quickly absorbed if and felt soo smooth with elasticity in again no grease or oil I can't believe I never bought this ages ago ' mega awesome wish it was cheaper thou xx

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by sofibecca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love how this feels refreshing when i put it on. its very smooth and dries down silky soft. This is excellent for people with combo skin that is acne prone. i use it over benzoyl peroxide gel and it works great. it moisturizes my dry areas like my cheeks and controls oil in my t-zone. It is also water based and contains simple moisturizing ingredients. i would like to mention that i have tried many moisturizers in search of the right one, ranging from ten dollars to over one hundred. This is the only one that hasn't clogged my pores or given me a rash. i never thought MAC would have such a great moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I have combo skin. oily in some places, dry and flaky in others. I also have reactive skin which means any kind of rubbing or prodding and my skin freaks out. every single moisturizer I gave used has clogged my pores and caused pimples on my forehead and chin. this is literally the only facial moisturizer that I can use. it doesn't make my face freak out, adds decent moisture and best of all doesn't clog me up! I never thought I would find something I could use on my face. I have been putting up with dry, flaky skin for so long because to me, that was better than zits. I LOVE this product. I NEVER thought I would say that a product as simple as a moisturizer has changed my life, but this has. it is perfect in every way. if you have combo skin, oily skin, clog prone skin or reactive skin like I do, please do yourself a favor and try this. I never thought to look to MAC for skincare but I am so thankful that I did. I will admit, I was super skeptical to try this out, but with MAC's great return policy, I figured why not?

find it. buy it. you'll L O V E it!

EDIT: I have found that this is drying my skin out. I think it would be really nice for summer, but for winter I think I need something with a little more umph. I've been using AMBI's fade cream for Oily Skin both day and night with wonderful results. It's probably too heavy for summer, so I think I'll be switching back and forth.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by SophMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this product. No strong fragrance, light gel texture, very hydrating on my oily skin and leaves it plump and softer than a baby's skin. It hasn't broken out my skin at all and I will definitely buy it again. I use the oil control lotion during the day and the mineralized gel at night time and when I wake up in the morning my skin still looks very refreshed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by atjay03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have been using this moisture gel for six weeks and I have to say that it is the absolute best moisturizer I have ever used.
I use it every single night after cleansing and it works really well on my combination skin - providing enough moisture where needed and mattifying my T zone.
It is an extremely lightweight, scentless gel and it feels refreshing and cooling on the skin.
It instantly absorbs to leave skin matte, yet glowing!
After six weeks of use I have noticed the following benefits:
- No breakouts at all. My forehead normally has a few small clogged pores and after six weeks there are none. This may be due to the salicylic acid content and the fact the product contains no irritating fragrance or other nasties.
- Smoother skin with smaller pores.
- Skin is less blotchy/red.
- Skin is producing less oil in the T zone.
- Skin is more plump.
I look forward to using this every night and it also works well under make-up when I have used it during the day. (But I tend not to as I use a primer and/or spf instead).
The only thing I would change would be to have this in a tube, as the jar isn't hygienic and the ingredients will deteriorate when exposed to the air.
All in all, this is the perfect moisturizer for sensitive, oily or combination skin (Can't judge it for other skin types as mine is combo/oily and can be pretty sensitive).
I'll certainly be buying this again - even though it's pricey, it is so worth it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My new HG moisturizer! I have slightly sensitive, normal-normal/slightly combination skin. It's rather picky and it's hard to find a moisturizer that will totally normalize my skin. When I first started using this moisturizer, I loved how it felt when I applied it but thought maybe it wasn't giving me enough moisture thoughout the day. However, after about a week it seemed to totally adjust and now I have NO dry areas or flaking, and the areas of my face that might sometimes get a little more oily are much less so. This moisturizer feels so soothing and hydrating when I apply it! It sinks in quickly which is great because I don't have a whole lot of time in the mornings to wait for moisturizer to absorb so I can start my makeup! It provides me with the perfect amount of moisture.

It doesn't contain SPF of course, but I've been wearing BB Creams and TMs with high SPF content anyway so it's not a big deal for me. I actually prefer that it doesn't because that means I can use it at night too! I have to admit that I haven't spent that much money on a moisturizer before but like I said, I've been using this for almost a month now and the jar still looks full. I can tell it will last a LONG time. You really don't need much product when you apply. I love the pretty off-white pearlescent jar and matte black lid. You definitely get a fair amount of product. I bought this along with the Water Charged Eye Cream and love that as well. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Maclipsticklove

This product is the answer to my prayers ! Quickly absorbed into the skin, leaving my face literally glowing. This is my official moisturizer!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by kalihi1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not for me. I saw this at a Cosmetic Company Store and thought why not try it, I could return it if I don't like it. I gave it two weeks. I used it every morning after I washed my face. It feels nice, soaks in really quick and makes my face feel matte, but after 2-3 hours, my face is an oily mess and if I happen to get it near my eyes, IT STINGS. Oh well, on to the next!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by moonzika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about two months now, and I can safely say that this moisturizer is great. My breakouts have subsided significantly, and I no longer get whiteheads on my forehead. Moisturizes my dry cheeks without over-hydrating my forehead. Would probably be a perfect fit for dry-combination skin like mine, combination, or oily. May not be hydrating enough for dry to very dry skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 5:43:00 AM More reviews by Xefry

I have pretty bad acne, and a lot of moisturisers i've tried always clog my pores.. I previously used nivea soft but stopped as it started to make me break out and look oily. I then switched EOV for a more natural approach..but.. that just made me look real greasy. anyway, this moisturiser has no scent, soaks into the skin very well, and does not leave a greasy feel. I wake up in the morning and I just know my skin will look glowy. Not too sure what it is, but it also helps reduce the size of my blemishes :S I'm going to repurchase this very soon as i'm running out.. HG moisturiser! :)