November 24, 2014 | 1012 users online

Sunscreen - Paula's Choice - RESIST Ultimate Anti-Aging Hand Cream SPF 30 + Antioxidants

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Feel on hands: couldnt wait to wash it off my fingers. This leaves a very uncomfortable filmy/powdery feel on the fingers, the wrong texture for a hand cream. OK for backs of hands if you wash your fingers after applying.

Smell: I can't even describe it: its like a curing fiberglass smell - very unpleasant even after washed off hands.

Goes on whitish but eventually settles down to sheer. Does not leave hands particularly well moisturized. So whats the point? Just use a better sunscreen on your hands! Would not purchase, glad I only got a sample.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD THE SAMPLE.
Who says we need a seperate product for our hands? Jk.
This is a broadspectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30. It has all the types of ingredients that 'Paula' raves about. It is a lotion yet it can feel a little heavy more textures would br nice. I also have no way of knowing if this is waterproof either as I wash dishes and do chores during the day. This does have a pearlescent shimmer it is very faint but shimmer can draw attention to wrinkles sometimes so if you're conscious about that try the sample. I didn't really notice the shimmer until someone else mentioned it though, so it may not be a big deal.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

This hand cream is sufficiently moisturizing for my dry skin, but I don't want to have to keep applying a hand cream with an SPF all day. I wear gloves when I go outside.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Burma76

I wanted to love this as I am generally a big fan of PC products. It's an excellent idea but nowhere near emollient enough for hands. I wish I'd done as other reviewers and used this on my face. I now use the neutrogenia Norwegian formula hand cream with sunscreen. It's better but still not perfect.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by iibnf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Generally I love Paula's Choice. I've purchased about 20 items, and this is is the only one I haven't loved. It does not absorb into the skin. The moisture eventaully fades, but it leaves a gunky powder on the skin, which accumulates in the cuticles and under the nails, making me feel unclean and messy for hours. The only way to remove the white, powdery gunk is to wash this off as it will last for hours. You'd be much better off with a basic hand cream and some good quality sunscreen.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by nikki2212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with this product, mostly because i find it almost useless for its marketed use. I will talk about it as a hand cream and as a face cream.

The pro's for hands:
-UVA/UVB protection that will last till you next wash your hands.
-does not look greasy.
-does not feel greasy which is good for finger tips as I can touch my phone or keyboard after application without leaving things sticky.

The con's for hands:
- I usually ignore the texture of products as long as they are beneficial but this is powdery, which is very unpleasant to the touch, and leaves a little residue on objects (although not sticky).
-It is no way near moisturizing enough for hands and every application feels pointless in terms of moisturization. I never see an improvement in the condition of my hands (slightly dry all over and quite dry around the nails). SIDE NOTE- THE NEW RETINOL BODY TREATMENT PAULA DOES IS AMAZINGLY RICH AND IT KEEPS MY HANDS LOVELY IN TERMS OF MOISTURE AND PIGMENTATION.
-It is probably a little pricey (especially in the UK) due to its high UVA/UVB protection but considering I will at least wash my hands every 3 hours or more, it is unnecessary for such high spf. If it contained water resistant sunscreen (I love Paula's spf 50 for oily skin body/face) it would last through washing for longer and would be worth the price.
-when applying the product to the hands it is annoying trying to juggle the tube to prevent the very liquidy cream from dribbling out of the lid or off your hands.

Pro's for face:
-matte but not flat finish, in texture and look it's truly matte, not sheeny like the skin balancing spf 30.
-just enough moisture for an oily, oily/dry combo skin (with moisture adding toner to help dry areas).
-makeup works well over the top with no balling up or anything.
-spf 30 ensures you are more likely to stay protected without topping up during a normal day than if you used a spf 15 which most places sell.
-fragrance/ colour/ irritant free, antioxidants!
-white cast disappears quickly.
-if you love mineral sunscreen then this is a winner.

Con's for face:
- I prefer chemical sunscreen but then have a sheeny face when i use the skin balancing spf 30 (ahh lol wish i could have this formula but with chemical sunscreen).
- going through the tube (as I find with all of Paula's moisturizers) faster than other brands.
- is more expensive now it has become the hydralight spf 30, proving company's CAN make brilliant products for less, but choose to make necessary products more expensive than extras. I understand the need for profit but its embarrassingly blatant to just change the packaging of something and claim its now worth £8ish more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by denns

***This review is for the ORIGINAL formula in the blue tube. Apparently the hand cream has been reformulated but you can still purchase the original version under its new name, the "Hydralight Shine-Free Mineral Complex SPF30" (its also $5-7 more expensive). I have not tried it yet, but will hopefully update my review accordingly.

This is as close to HG I've ever found with a sunscreen. I use this on my face (and neck) because it provides the most wonderful matte finish that makeup applies beautifully over. Since its a physical SS it does leave a white cast - I'm pretty pale though so it's not really noticeable on my skin. And it goes away after ~30 seconds when I rub it in. I've run out of this once and since repurchased 2 bottles (the cheapest I've ever seen it on the PC website was around $7, great price!). My only gripe is that I wish PC would make an SPF50 version. I love that this has anti-oxidants as well, although no vitamin c.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been searching for a hand cream that has a physical sunscreen of at least SPF 30, in a container small enough that I can keep in my purse. I have to use hand cream after I wash my hands, and as I age, I realize that I have to keep applying sunscreen to the backs of my hands. I was delighted to see this product, which serves all my needs. Yes, I've used better hand creams, but none of them provide adequate sun protection. Until some manufacturer comes up with a better, less expensive product that I can buy in a brick-and-mortar store (hello, Target!), I will keep repurchasing Paula's Choice solution.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by GalileosDaughter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only been using this as a hand cream. It's excellent for that purpose and I would definitely buy it again. I keep it in my car because most sun exposure to hands happens in the car. I love it because it's not greasy and allows me to keep a good grip on the wheel. The smell is nonoffensive and light, which makes it great to apply when others are in the car.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This alas did not work as a face SS, but works nicely as a hand cream, which is what it is. It is very light and thin, so I can see why people are using it on their face. Minerals break me out alas! This has a lovely texture and goes in very quickly. I'd say it's pretty sheer. Rubs on like thin slightly oily lotion, but dries very fast. I wish I could use it on my face!I t has a much nicer texture than the Resist SPF face moisturizer, which was very thick yet left me dry. Also broke me out. I like a fair amount of moisturizer on my face, so this was less hydrating than I'd want ideally. Still, were it not for the breakouts that I get from minerals, I use it in a heart beat on my face. I sill like it on my hands and chest. I think for this be something to consider if you tolerate mineral ss for your face.

Update: It spills out. You don't get much. It doesn't pass muster under the BASF sunscreen simulator for UVA. You really need more zinc for that.