April 21, 2014 | 963 users online

Treatments - Kiehls - Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by pandaslow

Got a sample of this from Kiehl's when I bought the clearly corrective clarifying cream, I have sensitive skin. The cream was pretty good for my skin but DO NOT BUY THIS, broke me out quite badly skin was immediately red after application and spots/bumps appeared few days later. the Clearly Corrective range may come in a set but don't assume all products from the same range are equally compatible with your sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by inmyopinion

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought this because of claims to fade dark spots, acne scars etc. Have been using it for 3 months and noticed one huge benefit! It flattens and makes seborrheic dermatitis disappear, you know, those exuberant wart-like growths that "bless" us as we grow older. Just as effective as Paula's choice 9% BHA but more convenient due to sanitary dropper. I apply a generous drop with a Qtip and press it in (my seborrheic lesion was the size of an eraser head), or if your lesion is smaller, you could use the flat end of a toothpick right on it. I avoid using it on the rest of the skin in the winter (it would be too drying at that concentration). It also is good as a spot lotion for incipient whiteheads. So five ***** for that. But it is too drying for the rest of my skin, even with moisturizer. Maybe the dryness and cold of Canadian winters has something to do with it, so will try again as an overall lotion in the muggy summer heat..

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by originalconfidence

Ewwwww never buy this. This is not good for oily skin nor does it make ur skin brighter. Really wasted my money. Kind of disappointed with kiehls

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by chenhilei42

After using this product for two months, I didn't see any brightened effect on my skin. It has somewhat evened my skin tone a bit though. Anyway, you can find other better products with much lower price.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by zxcver

Bought this in hope that this would lighten my acne scars and dark spots. After 2 months, I don't see improvement in this respect, but overall skintone seems to have improved slightly.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by zhuzhu147

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i use this product together with the midnight recovery concentrate and it really workes well. after two weeks of us, my skintone is more even and looks brighter and the acne scars faded a little. i will continue to use this and give a update.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by peekachoo

Major disappointment. Did nothing for dark spots or pigmentation. I really tried with this stuff and used it religiously in conjunction with the toner.
Total waste of money.
Awful slippy texture, alcohol sting and takes ages to absorb. Also fiddly and fragile packaging and all the instructions and labelling wore off within 2 weeks!
I bought numerous products of Kiehls while in the States and visiting Dubai and to my disappointment I found them to be waste of money. In my opinion Kiehls is totally overrated and overpriced. Sub standard products disguised in niche apothecary packaging to appeal to hipster market.
I have used a lot of their products and spent a fortune and the only thing that is worth buying is the Ultimate strength hand salve.
For dark spots look no further than Obagi Nu derm at least that works and is worth spending money on rather than this rubbish.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by AngelCOH77

I am gutted. Wanted this for ages but have been using this for 3 weeks and can barely see a difference. What I have noticed is my skin is rough and bumpy where I've used it. I am annoyed I wasted my money but glad I didn't purchase the large size bottle. If I lived in the US I would definitely return this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by emmiemc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

A few months ago I went to Kiehl's and splurged on a new skin care regime. This is the first product that I used consistently, so I'm pretty certain my initial improvement in my skin was due to this, but I'm not 100% sure. Just a disclaimer. That said, my skin has brightened, lost a lot of its acne scarring, decreased in pimple size, frequency, and duration, and has improved in overall texture.

As for the packaging, I actually prefer the sample size bottle -- it has a smaller dropper. I keep the sample bottle sitting out on my counter for daily use (and travel! It's the perfect size!), and then I refill it from the big bottle when it runs out.

The lippy off because the bottle is kinda clunky without the little bottle, to the point that when I bought Kiehl's "Midnight Recovery Concentrate" I made sure I got a sample size with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by NIcolehatesaging

After using this just one time, my skin broke out like mad! I tried stop using it, my pimples showed signs of clearing and I tried the product again and it revived my pimples again.

Although it did lighten my skintone and my dark spots are lighter but I can't use it!

I suggest people to get samples to try before investing in a bottle.