Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution

3.1

Aqua/Water, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat, PEG/PPG/Polybutylene Glycol-8/5/3 Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Tetrahydropyrantriol, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, PPG-6-Decyltetradeceth-30, Phenoxyethanol, Salicylic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil/Lavender Oil, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Citrus Tachibana/Citrus Aurantium Tachibana Peel Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa Extract/Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract

on 5/7/2015 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

used one bottle of this
Pricey
Need a time to adapt with your face, bcos it made my face red for 3 night use, not really good in lighten your skin, can not combine with other treatment, otherwise it will breakout your face, yes it does!
i noticed my face getting oilier than usual when using this

on 4/24/2015 8:52:00 AM

This product has done absolutely nothing for me. I bought it to use on the sun spots which have appeared on my décolleté but it didn`t change them one bit. Pretty expensive, too.

on 4/11/2015 2:44:00 AM

I will not buy anything from this brand again!! I was having high hope on this product can even out my skin tone and the clean packaging did a very good job on my first impression, also those demo ads on YouTube made me wanna give it a go... unfortunately this product gave me a big pimple on my nose and cheek after I used it for 3 days!!!!! Which I haven't had one for years, and THIS product was the only thing I added on my skin care routine! I will go back to store and try to return it and the rest of the products I bought few days ago. :(

on 3/11/2015 10:34:00 AM

so ive heard rave reviews about this all over the place,especially from youtube beauty gurus. I seldom get pimples, but when i do the scars and dark spots tend to stay for months and that is basically a real struggle because sometimes they're so dark even concealer can't hide them so when i heard that this can lighten dark spots in a matter of days it seemed to good to be true. So i got my hands on a bottle and tried it out. sure,enough as promised, in a matter of days most of my dark spots had cleared up! however,after using this on any new dark spots on my face after a couple of months, i noticed that it stopped working completely. it was as though my skin had developed a resistance against it. however about 6 months after not using it i repurchased a new bottle (because my old one ran out) and started using it again and sure enough, its working fine for me again. waiting to see if my skin develops resistance against it again

on 3/11/2015 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have heaps of scaring from acne and was desperate to try something with Vitamin C so I chose this because it actually had a number of reviews online compared to other products.

It basically feels like water and is very light on your skin. I love the refreshing feel of it. However it can be quite drying. The first few days I tried it my skin started peeling cos of how dry it made my skin. I did also break out in a few pimples after using it for the first two days. So I don't think this product is good if you have sensitive skin.

However after the first few days my skin settled down and I use a face oil on top of this serum. My skin is really clear - no more acne. Very smooth. I've been using it for 2 weeks now. My dark scars are marginally lighter - not a significant difference. I still need a heavy foundation to completely conceal them.

I'm rating this a four because it hasn't really done anything for my dark spots however I would buy again because my skin is looking the best it has in a long time. I can easily conceal the dark spots with makeup. It is very pricey for a small bottle. Will update after a month of using.

on 1/18/2015 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Close to an "amazing" product. I have been suffering from post inflammatory hyperpigmentation since a horrible acne breakout I had since October 2013 which had lingered for around up and till February 2014. I managed to clear the hormonal acne by February with the use of a contraceptive pill called Yasmin prescribed by my GP. I started using this pill since the start of December in 2013 (this pill takes 3 months to work) so of course although my spots cleared up my pigmentation were left behind. After 6 months of using the Yasmin pill (May 2014) my acne had come back, I then realised that my acne was not just hormonal but caused by a bacterial infection under my cheek (mind, I only got acne on my cheek area, no where else!) so I was put on the lymacycline antibiotic tablet and so this took about 4 months to work, but I decided to take it for a course of 6 months so that I'm sure the problem left my skin. I completed my course of 6 months by late November 2014. At the same time, throughout my skin journey I have been using the Sk:n branded glycolic exfoliator every other night, and now use it every night since June 2014. This is a mild chemical exfoliation so I don't need to worry that I use it every night now, because my skin can handle it. All my products are oil free, and very strict with oil free usage.

(HERE'S WHERE IT STARTED) I had a horrible case of hyperpigmentation, I went to Kiehl's to collect a couple samples of the clearly corrective dark spot serum, I noticed a change in my complexion- I was now glowing! My pigmentation was still there however...but people were complimenting my skin a LOT (in conjunction with wearing concealer/foundation on my cheeks, because my cheeks are my only problem area) I decided to purchase the bottle from Kiehl's now... I use the product twice a day, In the day time I just clean my face by steaming with a hot face cloth, I use the serum next by using 2 drops and rubbing it in with my palms (it dissolves in really quickly) I then use elizabeth arden's sun cream spf50 to prevent my pigmentation from getting any darker (a high spf is a must) In the evening I wash everything off with my exfoliator, use the serum, then apply a tea tree blemish fade lotion by body shop. ALL these products helped my pigmentation, I can now say my skin (January 2015) is looking good! Pigmentation has lightened significantly!! & people cannot tell that I was someone who had suffered from acne. My products summarised:

Day:
1. Hot fibre face cloth
2. Kiehl's clearly corrective dark spot serum
3. Elizabeth Arden SPF 50
4. Bare Minerals oil free toner (on cheeks)
5. Dior's Forever foundation 31 (little amount, on cheeks, and my skin does not look blotchy with just foundation on my cheeks, as the foundation blends in with my skin perfectly)

Evening:
1. Face flannel with fibres (damp and hot) & Sk:n Glycolic Exfoliator
2. Kiehl's clearly corrective dark spot serum
3. Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Lotion

If I do have any breakouts I tend to use tea tree oil from bodyshop (day and night) on affected areas.

I also use aztec indian healing clay with Bragg's apple cider vinegar once a week (in the evening, before I sleep) this has helped dark spots too.

A product alone CANNOT solve your post inflammatory pigmentation problem, you need to use products in conjunction, to maintain and treat. The Kiehl's serum does help prevent pigmentation too, but will never work without the use of a high quality sun cream.

Also, my skin is SUPER sensitive (& has always been), so I have got to maintain my skin everyday. It is so sensitive I get a breakout if someone was to touch my face without washing their hands lol, seriously, not because their hands are DIRTY as such, or they're dirty, but because there is always bacteria lingering on your hands.

So there it is...That's my story ;)

(I have an updated regime now, no longer use this as it had stopped working after the first bottle as it no longer makes a difference to my skin, so this is probably a product that your skin develops a resistance to after a while, so for the time being I will not purchase again until after a couple months when my skin loses its possible resistance to the product)

Bought it, used to the very last drop & the results were.....none. Did nothing but feel soothing to my skin, never lightened or budged the 1 dark sun spot I have. I also used from the same line their Clearly Corrective cleanser & moisturizer, so all 3 products gave me zero results.

on 11/12/2014 8:34:00 PM

I had so many dark spots from previous acne that it more or less took over my face. Regardless of how I treated my pimples they would always result in a dark spot. Some of the more severe pimples were reoccurring, however with my current skin routine were almost gone. I decided to add this products, along side a Kiehl's hydro-plumping re-texturizing serum concentrate, regardless of some of the negative reviews. I've only been using the products mixed together morning and night for four days, but the results already have been amazing. I had some healed but still 'red' spots over my cheeks which were immediately lessened in appearance although still very visible.
My skin has generally been brightened and the dark spots are somewhat reduced. I know it's really not soon enough to see proper results, but I am very happy with these results. I feel that my pores look better, blackheads are less prominent and my skin has a general nice glow. I have combination skin but I have noticed that it's always more responsive to moisturising products. I use Channel hydrating cleanser and toner, then the Kiehl's treatments I've before mentioned with a moisturiser, either Keil's herbal blue or a vitamin e cream. After trying several cheaper products for both a hydrating serum and spot lightening, I am very pleased with these products and I don't think I would use the dark spot solution without the serum due to what I know about my skin.
In conclusion, I think it is worth a go, particularly as Kiehl's is quite good with returning products that didn't work or cause bad reactions (from my experience, should check your local stores policy). Obviously there are a few people who this has not worked for, but that could be due to other factors. This product seems to be more affective for acne caused dark spots. I don't find it drying, but again I am really big on keeping my skin hydrated and believe that is paramount for any skin type.

on 8/1/2014 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

A lot of people find that this doesn't work for them, but for me it really, really does. it doesn't matter if I don't pick my pimples but I will always get dark spots from them and it's really annoying and not a look I want to go for. I was told that it would take around 28 days for results to show by the sales associate because that's how long your skin cycle takes for the dead layer to fall off and the new skin to surface up. It took me around 2 weeks and I started seeing results that my past acne scars are lightening up. It's not an overnight process and there probably will never be an product that gives that result overnight. I use this day and night, 2 drops and rub it in right after my toner. Since I have oily skin, for me it feels sticky after I apply this, but the problem is solved after I add my Shiseido Pureness Mattifying Moisturizer on top.

It probably will not lighten up sun spots but for acne scars, it's great. I want to purchase this again, but probably not immediately after I'm done since there are a lot of whitening products on the market now and I want to try those first. I'm not exactly crazy about the price since this stands at $55 CAD but it does give results with continuous usage so it is understandable.

on 6/12/2014 3:36:00 AM

I have good skin because I am very rigorous with my skin are routine and always research my products however I've always had light pigmentation around my mouth and forehead on my olive/Indian skin. I used this product about 3 days ago on top of my Paula's choice treatment at. Night and while I've not yet given it a chance to work on my pigmentation I have noticed my skin is already looking really really glossy and perfect. I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror and my skin is looking extremely polished and my annoying large pores around my nose and cheeks seems to look much tighter and smaller already and it's only been 3 days! This has been the most fast acting product I've ever used as other products tend to take effect 4/5 weeks later. The packaging and bottle is a glass bottle with a dropper so very hygienic and it looks very elegant. The serum itself is a very silky slippery texture which glides on the face easily and absorbs super fast so you have to be quick in application. I'm already loving it and will edit this review to update any changes in my pigmentation in a few weeks time

Popular Treatments (Face)