December 19, 2014 | 1588 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kiehl's - Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by jessicam717

I had so many dark spots from previous acne that it more or less took over my face. Regardless of how I treated my pimples they would always result in a dark spot. Some of the more severe pimples were reoccurring, however with my current skin routine were almost gone. I decided to add this products, along side a Kiehl's hydro-plumping re-texturizing serum concentrate, regardless of some of the negative reviews. I've only been using the products mixed together morning and night for four days, but the results already have been amazing. I had some healed but still 'red' spots over my cheeks which were immediately lessened in appearance although still very visible.
My skin has generally been brightened and the dark spots are somewhat reduced. I know it's really not soon enough to see proper results, but I am very happy with these results. I feel that my pores look better, blackheads are less prominent and my skin has a general nice glow. I have combination skin but I have noticed that it's always more responsive to moisturising products. I use Channel hydrating cleanser and toner, then the Kiehl's treatments I've before mentioned with a moisturiser, either Keil's herbal blue or a vitamin e cream. After trying several cheaper products for both a hydrating serum and spot lightening, I am very pleased with these products and I don't think I would use the dark spot solution without the serum due to what I know about my skin.
In conclusion, I think it is worth a go, particularly as Kiehl's is quite good with returning products that didn't work or cause bad reactions (from my experience, should check your local stores policy). Obviously there are a few people who this has not worked for, but that could be due to other factors. This product seems to be more affective for acne caused dark spots. I don't find it drying, but again I am really big on keeping my skin hydrated and believe that is paramount for any skin type.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by nessav06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A lot of people find that this doesn't work for them, but for me it really, really does. it doesn't matter if I don't pick my pimples but I will always get dark spots from them and it's really annoying and not a look I want to go for. I was told that it would take around 28 days for results to show by the sales associate because that's how long your skin cycle takes for the dead layer to fall off and the new skin to surface up. It took me around 2 weeks and I started seeing results that my past acne scars are lightening up. It's not an overnight process and there probably will never be an product that gives that result overnight. I use this day and night, 2 drops and rub it in right after my toner. Since I have oily skin, for me it feels sticky after I apply this, but the problem is solved after I add my Shiseido Pureness Mattifying Moisturizer on top.

It probably will not lighten up sun spots but for acne scars, it's great. I want to purchase this again, but probably not immediately after I'm done since there are a lot of whitening products on the market now and I want to try those first. I'm not exactly crazy about the price since this stands at $55 CAD but it does give results with continuous usage so it is understandable.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Coconoire84

I have good skin because I am very rigorous with my skin are routine and always research my products however I've always had light pigmentation around my mouth and forehead on my olive/Indian skin. I used this product about 3 days ago on top of my Paula's choice treatment at. Night and while I've not yet given it a chance to work on my pigmentation I have noticed my skin is already looking really really glossy and perfect. I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror and my skin is looking extremely polished and my annoying large pores around my nose and cheeks seems to look much tighter and smaller already and it's only been 3 days! This has been the most fast acting product I've ever used as other products tend to take effect 4/5 weeks later. The packaging and bottle is a glass bottle with a dropper so very hygienic and it looks very elegant. The serum itself is a very silky slippery texture which glides on the face easily and absorbs super fast so you have to be quick in application. I'm already loving it and will edit this review to update any changes in my pigmentation in a few weeks time

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by babycat1973

Once again Kiehls comes up trumps. I've tried various dark spot correctors, none of which have really worked, but this one has fast, noticeable results.

I was given a sample with another purchase and while the 1.5ml lasted me for 10 days, I then HAD to buy the full size product. Okay, so nothing is ever going to get rid of my dark spots completely, but this has had a definite impact on them so far and they are both less noticeable and easier to conceal now that I've been using the product for about a month.

It's a little pricey, but like most Keihls products, you only need a tiny amount so it will last for ages. I would highly recommend this to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 8:40:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It is very difficult to adequately review a product of this type when all I have is a free sample that I got at a Kiehls store. Thhe thin, clear, watery "solution" smells a bit like lavender and claims to fade dark spots/hyper pigmentation. I was able to use it twice out of the sample. Not enough to notice any difference (You need to use products like these for weeks - DAILY - or more - before anything will fade).

Meanwhile it did not irritate my face. Smelled ok and seemed like an OK product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by pandaslow

Got a sample of this from Kiehl's when I bought the clearly corrective clarifying cream, I have sensitive skin. The cream was pretty good for my skin but DO NOT BUY THIS, broke me out quite badly skin was immediately red after application and spots/bumps appeared few days later. the Clearly Corrective range may come in a set but don't assume all products from the same range are equally compatible with your sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by inmyopinion

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought this because of claims to fade dark spots, acne scars etc. Have been using it for 3 months and noticed one huge benefit! It flattens and makes seborrheic dermatitis disappear, you know, those exuberant wart-like growths that "bless" us as we grow older. Just as effective as Paula's choice 9% BHA but more convenient due to sanitary dropper. I apply a generous drop with a Qtip and press it in (my seborrheic lesion was the size of an eraser head), or if your lesion is smaller, you could use the flat end of a toothpick right on it. I avoid using it on the rest of the skin in the winter (it would be too drying at that concentration). It also is good as a spot lotion for incipient whiteheads. So five ***** for that. But it is too drying for the rest of my skin, even with moisturizer. Maybe the dryness and cold of Canadian winters has something to do with it, so will try again as an overall lotion in the muggy summer heat..

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by originalconfidence

Ewwwww never buy this. This is not good for oily skin nor does it make ur skin brighter. Really wasted my money. Kind of disappointed with kiehls

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by chenhilei42

After using this product for two months, I didn't see any brightened effect on my skin. It has somewhat evened my skin tone a bit though. Anyway, you can find other better products with much lower price.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by zxcver

Bought this in hope that this would lighten my acne scars and dark spots. After 2 months, I don't see improvement in this respect, but overall skintone seems to have improved slightly.