April 19, 2014 | 1746 users online

Polishes - Nailene - Sensationail Color Gel Polish

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Lexieloveee

Life changing !!!!!!! Everyone should buy!! Watch youtube videos

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Heyheytaytay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These are so buttery and smooth! Applies flawlessly compared to their other gel line "fuse". I have island oasis which is straight up teal green to me... Will be purchasing more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

This is the first gel polish I got. I also have one from OPI, which is much thicker than the Sensationail one - I like Sensationail better. I will also soon get some cheap ones from ebay

THE COLOUR

The colour I have in Sensationail is Scarlet Red. It is a bright, true red. The colour is very opaque, even in one thin layer.

THE APPLICATION:

See the pamphlet supplied with the polish.

The polish is very thin, so do not apply a lot - I need to wipe the brush at least twice before I get the right amount. Do NOT cure this if you have gotten some polish on your skin or cuticles! There are several reasons for this: 1) you will have a hard time getting the polish off again 2) it will not look nice with an edge that is sticking upwards when your nails begin to grow out 3) when you have an edge that is sticking up, the polish will loosen at that edge because of air/moisture/oils getting in, under the polish. You can use a small, angled brush and alcohol for clean-up. I would suggest to either NOT pushing your cuticles back or cut them - you don't want the cuticles to move downwards while you're applying this. Some people say that their cuticles shrank back after wearing gel polish for a long time - I hope that will happen with mine too :)

ONE DRAWBACK WITH SENSATIONAIL

Although I would like to do all of my nails, then cure, then next layer of polish, then cure, this is NOT a good idea! Basically, after you've applied the base/top coat and then apply the colour, the colour will kinda pull back if it's not cured fast enough, this is annoying at the tips, but easy to fix. It is worse when this shrinks from the sides. The good thing is: the nail polish will not dry before you apply UV/LED light - this means you can work with it as long as you wish. I think it's sometimes easier to just apply a second coat of polish though to cover the areas where the polish have pulled back. Also: when applying the colour, just cure it for 30 seconds first, on all nails, then put all of your nails under the UV/LED for 30 more seconds - that way you won't need to do each nail individually - it saves a lot of time.

Although you might think the application of this won't take that long, especially when you're used to applying several layers of regular nail polishes... I found this not to be true. Unless you've done it before, you need to try out how the polish works, this might take some time, especially if you get the nail wrong and have to take the polish off again (which takes some time....). After I kinda got an idea, I think the application still took 1-1,5 hours. It went a little faster the second time, but still, it took about an hour.

THE LOOK AND FEEL

The finish of the polish is very smooth and glossy - way glossier than a regular polish! The glossiness seems to not disappear during the wear time, at all! :) Unless you scratch them with something really sharp. Some people said that the glossy finish get finger marks often *I guess they don't know how polished surfaces work*

TIPS

- The polish is very thin and might run a little if you apply to much - might even run upwards, even when you're holding your hand fingertips down, so don't take this too far up the nail
- The coloured polish shrinks if not cured fast enough
- Start painting the colour on at the tip first, then middle of nail, then outwards to the sides - then you will get a feel of the consistency
- Your nails will be sticky after curing until you wipe them with the gel cleanser - don't touch the nail until you've wiped it down - the polish might scrape away or not look as shiny if you do
- Always cap your tips (meaning cover the edge of the nail in some of the base/top coat)
- Only use the lint free wipe when wiping your nail - if you get cotton fuss in your nail, you might end up with bubbles/uneven surface. In general, be careful not to get hair, dust, or anything else stuck in the polish before it's fully cured and if you do, wipe your nail down with the gel cleanser before you continue

WEAR TIME

Usually, a regular nail polish lasts me 2-3 days without shipping/wearing off (in case of liquid sand polishes). The obvious advantage of gel nails here is that when they're cured, you don't need to worry about touching something and ruining your manicure. One recommendation though: do not scratch yourself right after curing - you might push the polish upwards a little and create little fold - this is definitely not a a big problem though - this rule isn't really difficult to follow. So how long does this last? On me it DOES last two weeks, but I have had small accidents before and scraped up the polish (on metal lock - I'm happy the polish was protecting my real nail!) or cut a tiny part of the tip of the nail. In any case - if anything happens, it's very easy to fix: gel cleanser -> colour + base/top coat or just base/top coat (if the problem is the tip or area near cuticle) - and the nail is as new! Or, at least, with the red colour it works VERY well :) And to those that say they can pick this off: if you pick on it, you will partly get it off. If you want to not be able to pick the polish off, get acrylics instead. One important thing though: I take the dishes with gloves on. But I vigorously massage my hair while showering, so maybe it weighs it up slightly

REMOVAL

You need pure acetone or gel nail polish remover if you're not planning to just pull the gel off (with the topmost layer of your nail). Regular nail polish remover won't do! I mean: you will get SOME polish off, but a lot will stick very well to the nail, which will not look good. Always remember to buff the whole surface of the polish off - otherwise you will have a harder time removing the polish. In any case: the polish IS hard to get off; if you buffed your nail before application, it's even harder + DON'T apply bonder to the whole nail if you want to be able to take it off - only to the free edge and tip - otherwise it will be

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2014 5:37:00 AM More reviews by edentomlinsonx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very overpriced for what it actually is! The gels that come with the kit always chip or peel after a few days so I searched and found better gels on eBay for a third cheaper with a wider selection! I love the lamp though it's such a convenient size and very powerful!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by LauraAronson

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just started using Nailene 2 weeks ago. It is giving me a long-lasting, hard coat that I need for my weak nails. One nail grows with a split down the middle, and the polish is working great at hiding and protecting it. The only problem is that my nails aren't long enough yet to wrap the polish over the tips. I got a snag today while washing dishes, so I had to trim the nail back. I will make sure to use gloves in the future, at least until I can wrap the tips.

I wish the starter kit came with a clear-only option, which is what I usually prefer. I didn't like either of the colors available. I tried using the Pink Chiffon, hoping to get a sheer effect with one coat, but it needed a second coat. A few days ago, I stripped the nails and reapplied with two coats of the clear base/top coat, and will discard the pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Annobime

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I tried this gel polish the other day after finding it in a discount store., I usually use RCM gel polish as I bought the kit last June and give myself regular gel polish manicures. The first thing I noticed about the Nailene product is how " true to colour" the outside of the bottle was! This is my biggest problem with the other product, that you can never get a true idea of what the colour is like from the label on the bottle, until it is applied to your nails. Secondly, I found that the size and shape of the brush was very easy to work with and applied the polish evenly and easily, even getting along the side of the nail without spreading to the cuticle. Third thing I really liked about this polish is the substance itself; it applies easily, giving a smooth lacquer finish that isn't too thick or too thin. I will definitely be on the lookout for more of the this nailene gel polish. It really is " Sensational" and the best I have used so far.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Been through one cycle of this. Lasted just under a week, then my thumbnail chipped off. It looks great, pretty shine, nice colours. I really don't have any problems with how long it lasts or how it looks, it's an excellent way to do a longlasting mani at home. But to get this stuff off... What a total b*tch! All the time you win by having a longlasting manicure is lost when you are removing this stuff. An hour, it took me an hour!! I will continue using this and start praying that it will get better... Also it left my nails very dry. A break between using this and treating your nails to some nail oil is recommended.
EDIT: After a few more go's I've come to this conclusion: it really just doesn't hold up for longer than a week. Not a big problem for me as I'm usually bored by the colour by then. But it always annoys the h*ll out of me that products don't work as long as they claim.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by rain7608

LIKE it so much, but some lighter color comes out uneven (even with 3 color coats)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by truuong

It's a great product that will last longer on my nails than normal nail polishes, it's super easy to use.

There isn't a great variety of colours from this brand but my favourite one is Coral Sunset, a gorgeous orange coral colour.

The only downside to this product is the removal process, my nails are already dry and brittle and the removal dries them out even more due to the acetone and the filing. It completely destroys my nails and I have to wait weeks before they're better so that I can repaint them. ( I could possibly be doing it wrong though...)

Even though the removal is horrible this is totally worth it, it lasts long and has a beautiful finish and I love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by BelleSade

I love, love this. Look, I'm too lazy to re-paint my nails with every chip. I'm also a horrible skin and cuticle picker so my normal nail polish (and I mean OPI, Essie, not some real cheap stuff) chips in about two days. I HAVE GORGEOUS NAILS NOW. No chips. Strong and SHINY. People stop me to ask about my nails and where I got them done.

You do need to file your nails very well before applying the gel stuff because it is a pain to remove. I'm not very good at the nail filing bit so this is the process that takes me forever.

Besides that, it's super easy. Follow the instructions, use thin coats, you'll be fine and have gorgeous nails that last weeks (mine last at least two weeks, heck the last manicure I had it for over a month and only then did it start to chip). As a bonus, since the nails will be thicker, if you're a crazy skin picker like me it won't be so easy to pick pick pick everything and your skin will look much better.

To remove it, get 100% pure acetone, soak cotton balls, apply over your nails, wrap tin foil around the nails with the soaked cotton ball, wait a long time (I usually wait at least 40 mins)... so have some TV shows streaming... and then it'll peel off. Do get the little nail polish removing stick they sell in case there's any left, but you probably won't need it.

I haven't tried to use different brands gel polish (yet) or do that thing where you just use regular polish over the gel, but I will try to and then I'll update this post. But otherwise, buy this. You won't regret it.