April 21, 2014 | 1345 users online

Polishes - Julep - Nail Polishes

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by diana33dayman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i love these polishes because they last me at least 5 days without base or top coats. they are so vibrant and i really like using them for big events.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by TaipeiDoll

Julep's polishes have the most superb quality but they are too expensive. I tried Wet N Wild and they worked pretty well at a fraction of the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by OrlandoDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the chic packaging but it is too expensive. I bought the Lauren polish for over $10 and used it for about 6-7 times.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by dmlapl2

I had really high hopes for the polish. I ordered the free welcome box, in classic with a twist. The box came fast and was a cute pink box. A red (myrtle) came and a nude shell/light pink color. Also in the box was a mighty cuticle pen and a couple nail buffers/files. I tried the Myrtle and love the color, it's a classic red. It covered the nail pretty well and look quite shiny while drying. The formula of the polish was a little runny and somewhat hard to use as the brush is really long. Anyways, I was super excited my mani looked great......fast forward not even 24 hours and at least 6 of my nails are majorly chipped. My mani went from great to trashy in less than a day!!! I used a top coat and base coat. I think I will be sticking to china glaze or OPI, no fancy brands here.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by hazee78

Thank God it was free. Signed up for the free box. Got here very quickly! I was so excited to try and immediately disappointed. Weird thin runny formula. Terrible pigmentation. Still looked like crap after 3 carefully applied coats and to top it off chipped almost immediately!!!! I have gotten off brand cheap crappy made in China polishes at the Dollar Tree that were way better!!! Then I read all the horror stories of trying to cancel and erroneous billing. I immediately canceled and got a confirmation email because the phones were conveniently down today which happens to be the last day to skip or cancel before you get billed!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by rebelb

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Most of the crèmes that I have tried are a nice texture and density. The glitters are clumpy and peel off easily. The shimmers lose their sparkle if you add a top coat--seems like the top coat fuses with the solid color and the shimmer sinks to the bottom.
I like the topcoat, but it only works for me with the crèmes. And yes, it does shrink the paint if you don't wrap around the tip of your nail. On top of the glitters it's a goopy mess that does not dry properly.
Cost- pricey unless you take advantage of Mystery Boxes (a great source for inexpensive gifts!), add-ons, or have a discount code. Then it's reasonable. But I usually wear Chanel polish, so maybe my idea of a reasonable price is skewed.
Colors- a wonderful range. I absolutely LOVE the color Octavia, which is a deep rich indigo-violet crème, but almost a royal blue in sunlight. Even a conservative look can wear this shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by SweetestKiwi

Julep poslishes are great quality but they are a bit pricey. However, I'd rather get something pricer than to keep fixing my nails every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeluver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm wearing Lauren for V day this year! It's a neon bright orange-red. I like it as it makes me feel much sexier and feminie even though I wear boring colors to work!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by nomorewars

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know why everyone is bashing Julep polishes... I love them! I subscribed to Maven and threw in a few extra polishes on my first box... Wow! They're all just so good. Very very opaque and pigmented, all you want in a polish. The cap is super easy to hold and the brush shaft is nice and long. They have lots of colors, and they just get the colors right. Like, there's tons of greens out there, but Julep will come out with exactly the one you were looking for that is somehow unique. At least, that's my experience. Sign up for free, and if you don't like it, cancel!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaY

Julep polishes are super expensive for the so-so quality it delivers. I bought several of them and right now I'm wearing the bright pink "Lauren." My boyfriend was like "this is really ugly on you" right after I applied this. It might look better on people with darker skintone.