The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Cream Compact Foundation

2.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (Emollient), Titanium Dioxide (Color), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Light stabilizer), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Polyethylene (Opacifier), Isononyl Isononanoate (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides (Emollient), Polymethylsilsesquioxane (Opacifying Agent), Polysilicone-11 (Film Former), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Boron Nitride (Bulking Agent), HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer (Anticaking Agent), Beeswax (Emulsifier/Emollient), Aluminum Hydroxide (Opacifier), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Stabiliser), Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Isostearic Acid (Emulsifier), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (Binder), Lauroyl Lysine (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner). [May Contain: Iron Oxides (Color), Mica (Color)].

on 4/5/2015 12:27:00 PM

I think that is a perfectly lovely product. I personally choose to purchase beauty related items from the body shop because I do not use anything that has been tested on animals. I bought this in the shade 105 rose Ivory, (although i would recommend buying the shade darker than you usually would, as the product comes off lighter than it appears). The product leaves a natural finish, which is also very buildable, so you really can create the image that you desire. It covers redness excellently, although I do still use a concealer for added coverage. It can become oily, but if you're only looking to do one or two coats of this, then you won't have a problem with any oil related problems. One of my only problems with this product is that it doesn't stay on as long as you would like, so I suggest either using a primer or setting with a powder, one will suffice. This product sits on the skin rather than sinking it, so it gives more of a photo ready, pore less look, which I love. The foundation contains spf 15, which backs up why the product will sit on the skin and protect the skin from potential sun burn. The brush I find can leave streaks, but if you spend an extra minute blending your foundation in, it really will give you a flawless and even coverage. Finally, the price is on par with the quality of the product, it lasts perfectly well as long as you use only what you need/what will look good. Overall, I think this is a brilliant foundation and would be particularly good for school, work or on holiday/travelling.

on 3/5/2015 2:15:00 PM

I bought this on sale. I would never have bought this at full price. I ordered it online and was really expecting something different. This is not for people with skin that is the slightest bit dry. I have combination skin that gets dry in the winter. I'm able to wear bb cream or liquid foundation, concealer, powder etc without it looking terrible. However, when I put on this cream foundation, it made my skin look incredibly flaky. It sat on top of my skin instead of sinking in and moisturizing it. Even my forehead, which never looks or feels dry, looked dry and flaky under this makeup. I noticed it never really dries but just stays in its creamy form, which is uncomfortable and made me feel greasy even though my skin looked dehydrated.
I now use this as an under eye concealer but that's all.

on 2/1/2015 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation. I have a hard time matching my skin color, I have pale neutral skin in the winter, with some red in the sensitive areas and the ivory 102 looks really good, even hours after I put it on. I have extremely dry sensitive skin and this is one of the only foundations that does not feel stiff or dry after a few hours of wearing. I must however use my primer because if I don't it will look streaky when I apply it. The only thing I'm not happy with is that it is such a small amount, AND I'm told it is being discontinued!!

on 10/12/2014 11:18:00 PM

I love the packaging on this product, and I got lucky and managed to get it on sale for $10. Aside from that this product isn't the best, but it also isn't the worst. It's very oily, and gross feeling even on my dry skin. It's staying power is very pathetic and primer does not help it at all. Overall it was not was I was expecting and if this wasn't on sale for $10 I would've been very very disappointed.

on 1/8/2014 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Ploosh 2-3 reviews under mine said it all but here's my review:

I think this is the WORST PRODUCT I have ever tried. I tried to apply this 4 times. Once with my fingers: streaky, greasy mess, too much coverage on some place and other places with no coverage at all. Another time with the brush they gives with: Streaky ugly mess again. I then tried with a sponge and it was even uglier, a big greasy mask and my pores were looking huge! Then... I tried with a foundation brush... Another mess. The better application was with a sponge and even with a good technique it was horrible. I really had the impression to apply a big spoon of butter to my face.

I tried with a primer, nothing good. Without, nothing good. It's seriously horrible :(

I have a really dry skin and this made it look super oily... It was into every pores, every smile line... I tried to set if with an HD powder and I looked like a cakey-oily-powdery mess.

My boyfriend then saw my face and asked me if I was ok because I looked like my face was peeling.

I'll never purchase again and I'm glad it was free with a purchase. I love many products from the Body Shop, in fact I'm a fan of many of them, but this one is... bad. :(

on 12/28/2013 10:49:00 PM

This product was on my christmas wish list so I have only worn this a handful of times so may need to edit this review some time down the track but here are my thoughts so far. At AUD$48.95 this is expensive and in the same price point as some high end brands. I don't believe this is an appropriate price for the brand, the product or the amount of actual product in the compact (only 8.5g!) and is probably the biggest factor in the decision to not repurchase.
I have been able to achieve a medium coverage using a flat kabuki brush. Any redness or unevenness is completely covered, whilst blemishes still require a concealer.
I have not used the provided brush as it's small & when I was colour matched in store seemed quite tedious.
On well moisturised skin I haven't experienced any caki/flakiness which is always good, however at the current price point that's what I would expect.
I'm quite pale skinned so my colour is 105 ivory rose. This is a good colour as it blends well but be warned bronzer & blush are a must due to the coverage.
The product wears well however, I'm yet to put this to the test on a hot or busy day so will have to edit the post later after I've worn the product for a full day to really be able to review how well it lasts.
Overall, I'm happy with the product.....decent coverage, easy to apply (using my existing tools) and so far has held up during a normal day of light activity (family Christmas parties). However, unless the price is dramatically reduced or they triple the amount of product (or a get a body shop voucher & there's absolutely nothing else I want in store), I simply cannot justify repurchase.

on 10/28/2013 7:47:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

There are equal pros and cons about this product. Here is why:

Pros:
1. It gives a very natural look.
When I started using this, my friends actually thought I didnt wear any makeup and asked what happened to all my blemishes!

2. And having said that, it gives a fairly good coverage when you apply concealer beforehand.

3. Doesn't break me out. (With good makeup removing steps, see below)

Like many others have said, they were recommended by the Body Shop's sales girl.
She even tried it on my face! At first I thought it was pretty good because she explained how this will give you a natural look, good coverage blah blah blah.

The bad thing is:
1. My face turned super oily after 1-2 hours! At the end of the day, I have a layer of OIL on my face. LOL. Hence, I make sure I do the proper steps of removing the makeup and having my skin thoroughly cleaned after that to prevent breakouts.

2. The makeup brush given was horrible! After using it for 3 months, the entire thing is shedding off. Some of the "hairs" from the brush got stick to my face when I'm applying the foundation. It's really annoying and embarrassing at the same time if you got one or two strands on your face. (and you went out without realizing it)

This is too much of a hassle for me to purchase again. I was expecting alot more from this but it doesn't turn out to be perfect for me. Only thing I liked about this is that it gives you a natural look (*which doesn't last long because my face got so oily after a short time!).

Moral of the story: Read reviews before buying!

Cheers!
Kyoko

on 9/30/2013 4:15:00 AM

Pros
- finally a yellow tone foundation
- medium coverage
- got it on sale for $10 so I thought the price was great

Cons
- made my face super duper oily ( not an exaggeration )
- accentuates dry patches
- doesn't stay put

on 9/14/2013 10:50:00 PM

Worst Foundation I have ever tried.

I was a fool to buy this, I fell in love with the packaging and the fact that The Body Shop had a sale on. It looks great and the brush is soft but oh dear...the product.

Where do I begin...

- There is so much oil on it that you can't even use powder to set it properly
- It is oily and yet it makes the powder look flakey on the product
- The brush leaves streak's and it does not settle into the skin
- It covers redness well but it does not hide any spots.

I will never touch The Body Shop compact foundations ever again...I should have read reviews first.

on 8/3/2013 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on a 3 for $30 deal along with the liquid foundation and power. This has a cream consistency that dries to a powder finish. I find that it works best if I section my face rather than dotting it all over and then blending it like I usually do because this product dries fast. Sometimes I find it a tad bit cakey. I probably won't be repurchasing this because I don't really like how I have to apply it section by section . For some reason my compact dips more than usual in the middle.