September 17, 2014 | 2047 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Korres - Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Face Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Blair13Bear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love how this product feels in a way. It is very light and fresh feeling although I normally prefer the Silicone feeling primers. I also love that it is a more natural primer when it comes to ingredients. Other than that this primer was a complete dissapointment. First off some people claim because it has a skin tone color to it that it gives slight coverage. Absolutely not true for me! The scent is strong and unpleasant so if you have sensitive skin or are sensitive to scents i would stay away from this product. I do not have sensitive skin and I normally prefer scented products but I hated the smell of this product. I did not feel this primer did anything for my skin. It did not put a barier between any skin issues and my foundation and the biggest dissapointment is I was oily within one hour of application! It was as if I was wearing no primer/mattifying product at all. I have oily skin but I almost feel like this product made me more oily! I have used half of the tube with many different application techniques as well as different foundations all with the same result. Please don't buy this product if you have extremely oily skin it would be a waste of 30+ Dollars!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Avamariesmum

I originally got this product as a sample, as soon as I ran out and went and got more. My T-zone gets very oily especially during the hot summer months here in Hawaii. It layers well under my foundation and goes on smoothly. It keeps my "shiny" zones under control and helps me to not look like I just finished a cardio circuit. I will definitely be purchasing this for many years to come.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Songbird222

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is great. I have oily skin and it really helps control oil throughout the day. I have to use a combination of products to control my oil (Urban Decay B6 and All Nighter, in addition to this primer and Bare Minerals Mineral Veil) and this is a staple among my summer makeup took kit. The smell is nice, the tube allows you to get to every last bit of the product, and it's safe for acne prone skin. The price is high, but it's a good primer. In cosmetics, you get what you pay for.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by hlillico

This product is fairly expensive for what it does. The smell is nice, but I find the texture a big grainy, and I don't know that it mattifies that well. I use it as a primer under my makeup, but I think there are definitely better ones out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:43:00 AM More reviews by ebragg128

Balled up and flaked off...had to re-do my makeup 10 mins after I finished it. Super frustrating! Love the Korres brand but this stuff did not work well for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Beeebee

Nothing special!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Erinmh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I liked this product when I first got it... ~6 months ago. Was decent for summer since I was wearing mostly a bb cream. Now, wearing this under a thicker foundation is absolutely horrid. I put this on on top of my moisturizer and let it dry. The second I try to apply my foundation it doesn't blend and cakes in some places. On my nose/upper lip my foundation will just slip right off with the touch of a finger and makes my skin look extremely patchy and cakey. The only good thing about this primer is the smell and maybe if you were to wear it with no makeup on top. I have oily skin and it didn't mattify as it claims. I feel like it actually made me more oily. Would not repurchase or recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by prettylilgurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I sampled this and tried it out a few times and was not impressed with it. The smell is nice, it is more natural, and the texture is very nice it makes your skin feel very soft but it is not a mattifying primer. Every skin type is different, I am very oily in my t-zone and using this primer is like not using one at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by candy4me63

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Smells good
easy to apply with finger
nice, flowery packaging (the cap broke tho...)
lightweight

Cons:
Doesnt prime
creates a film that rubs off upon application of concealer or foundation!!!!
youre sitting wondering if you applied it wrong, or didnt wait long enough (5 min wasnt enough)
Initial part is thick and cakey from drying, followed by normal formula.. EVERY day
Bit drying... I guess thats the point of mattifying.. but I need long term mattifying, not for the moment
Pricey
buyer's remorse
using it just to not waste because you keep forgetting to return it
having to deal with that weird film again rubbing off
cussing and having neighbors wonder about you

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I'm almost out of my Pop Beauty Face Magnet Primer, and my local Ulta no longer carries it in store. So on a whim, I decided to check out Sephora for a new primer. This was on the Sephora Favorites rack. The thing that first attracted me to this primer is the fact that it is made of 94% natural materials. Even though my skin is extremely sensitive, I can use sillicone based primers with no problem whatsover. But why put chemicals on your face when you don't need to? So I figured this primer was worth a try.

This primer is a lightweight, flesh colored, gel. I was a little concerned about the color, but it dries clear. About the only thing that I like about this primer is that it dries very quickly. It also has a pleasant smell, but that's about it for the positives.

In my opinion, this primer is SO not worth the $33 price tag. I'm not normally that concerned about packaging, but the packaging for this is terrible. It is the same type of tube as Preparation H or hydrocortisone cream. I also found the packaging rather ugly. It's just a boring white tube with brown on it. I also kind of wish this came with a pump. The squeeze tube makes it a little hard to control the amount that comes out.

I don't like the way this feels on my face after it dries. It feels heavy and thick. Almost like you are wearing a mask. It doesn't feel lightweight at all. I used this under my Makeup Forever Mat Velvet foundation. I also don't think this primer does all that great of a job of creating a smooth surface for foundation. In fact, I think it does the opposite. This primer makes my foundation harder to blend and apply. I also wasn't impressed with the mattifying effect of this primer. It didn't really seem like it made or kept me matte much at all.

It also didn't do much to keep my makeup on longer. With my Pop Beauty primer, my makeup stays on about 12 hours before it starts to fade away. With this primer, my foundation started disappearing and oil started breaking through after about 5 hours. Which is about how long my foundation lasts without primer.

I debated about keeping this as a backup, but I think I'm going to return it to Sephora. The Pop Beauty Face Magnet primer is far superior to this one. I wouldn't recommend this primer and won't repurchase.