Cover Girl Covergirl and Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1 Foundation

3.7

Ingredients Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Acetyl Glucosamine, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Niacinamide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Panthenol, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 4, Tocopheryl Acetate, Allantoin, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, PEG 10 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, PEG 100 Stearate, May Contain:, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

I purchased this foundation after a careful review of Cover Girl and Olay foundations. I had always wanted to try this and fortunately it did not disappoint.

Coverage - Light to medium. My skin was undergoing a zitty phase when I began using this foundation, and somehow this gave enough coverage to lighten the marks and blemishes without irritating my skin. However, I still needed to complement my look with a green concealer for a fuller, better coverage.

Finish - It set slightly matte on my skin, even over moisturizer and a hydrating primer.

Formula - It was creamier than most liquid foundations. Because of this, it required a bit of practice in application. In my case, it was best applied with a damp sponge. The formula was also great for applying and blending in more makeup - eyeliners and blushes glided effortlessly on my skin.

Packaging - I really liked the plastic pump bottle with the visible serum and foundation stripes. The pump also dispensed just the right amount of foundation for the entire face.

Cons - This would be great if you work in an air conditioned office and are not worried about fading, runoffs or weird oxidizing. I can't guarantee that this foundation would stick if you walk outdoors during the summer.

The only reason why I will not purchase this again is that I am looking forward for Cover Girl to improve the formula. Other than that, I can definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a good drugstore foundation.

on 1/31/2015 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for a foundation that has good coverage, wasn't too expensive and especially that is hydrating for my very dry skin. It doesn't matter how much oil, serum, moisturizer or primer that i use ,i still get dry and cakey makeup by the end of the day. However This is one of the best foundation that I have found for dry skin. I love how smooth it is and easy to apply and it has a pretty good coverage. I did not give it the highest rating because by the end of the day my dry patches start to show. I am still looking for the perfect foundation for these cold canadian winters but I am happy to have this one for now.

on 1/25/2015 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

For the longest time, I had bouts of avoiding using any Covergirl foundation for years. I would use it off and on for periods of time. Anytime I used Covergirl, I would break out viciously (on top of bad skin, no matter what I did). I loved the shades, but eventually I found myself a company that was better suited for my skin type (read: Revlon Colorstay Combination)....until I hit my early twenties. Fed up with constantly breaking out and trying nearly every product on the market, I was finally put on Epiduo, which worked wonders for my skin. While I was no longer breaking out and my skin was actually glowing, the down side was that my skin was also drying out. If I put any foundation on, it would immediately flake up my skin. Heart broken that I could no longer use my trusted Revlon, I decided to research moisturizing foundations. I came across this one and fell in love. Harsh, drying winter weather combined with medication equals horrible, flaky patches of dry skin. This stuff goes on very smoothly and I can actually feel a difference in moisture. Instead of choosing just between wearing my moisturizer alone or layering my primer and foundation (which would still result in flaky patches when I used Revlon), I can have the best of both worlds! I recommend this product if you have had a change in skin type - going from combination/oily skin to dry/normal skin definitely made me change up my make up game a lot, but I am happy to now know what works on both types of skin. I thought I would never be able to wear foundation again after going on Epiduo, but this foundation proved me wrong! This foundation is fantastic and I would recommend it to a friend in a heartbeat!

The only major con is I REALLY wish that they would offer this in more shades!

on 1/17/2015 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really like this as a winter foundation when my skin is on the drier side because it's very smooth and moisturizing, so it doesn't emphasize dry patches. It has really nice coverage and makes my skin look so natural and smooth, but it is very dewy, so I prefer to set it. Even after setting it, the lasting power isn't incredible on me, so I need to touch up frequently. It's just so blendable ans easy to apply. It does have a perfumey fragrance that may bother some people. The full price is really high for drugstore, so I prefer to buy it discounted.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Great has anti aging plus is mouse feeling it hasn't made me breakout Fter 60 days using two times weekly. I seen more glow in my tone and less drying.

on 12/22/2014 8:57:00 PM

I have been using this product for about 1 year now. Its very light and goes on smooth. This foundation really evened out my skin tone, I have to say for the price I'm pretty impressed.

on 12/5/2014 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's amazing. I love it but then after a few hours it gets flaky especially when I get all sweaty. Ugh. But if you live in a cold place or will just stay in an air conditioned room its definitely a must-have. I love it. Will buy again. But I hope they'll change the packaging it's plastic.

on 11/27/2014 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation has very low coverage which isn't good for my skin seeing as though I have dark spots & some acne scars. It's very smooth consistency & suits my colour well. In New Zealand on sale this product is around $19 which isn't too expensive for a foundation. I have also noticed this doesn't clog pores, but isn't very blend-able.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

It goes on creamy and smooth, but quickly blends into my skin. It smells so good and leaves my skin feeling softer than velvet! It helps a lot with my dry, flaky skin as well and I don't feel tight, dry skin while wearing this. I get compliments on my complexion while I wear this :) I find that it gives me a medium coverage but it's easily blendable to make a medium-heavy coverage.
This foundation is NOT recommended for those with OIL-PRONE skin! It even has built-in moisturizer - the olay cream.

on 10/26/2014 1:39:00 AM

Wow this is the best drugstore foundation I have ever tried. I always go for foundation that has a little grey to it :) I usually spend tons on department store brands like laura Mercier...but I was looking for something cheap that I could use on the days I was just home or only headig out to the grocery store. This way I could make my expensive stuff last longer. I find myself sometimes using this even when I go out! It's that good. But best of all the color match has been incredible for me. I am fair skinned, sometimes have a light tan and I use 110 classic ivory. It's not orange and its not pink...it's just right! and it doesn't oxodize at all. It's wonderful. Must try.

Video Reviews & Tutorials