July 28, 2014 | 1246 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Covergirl and Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1 Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Camille0

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product should be marketed as a BB cream or tinted serum instead of a foundation.
I do not recommend it for oily/acne prone skin; I believe it did not caused me a break out since I take awesome care of my skin. Would be good for any other woman with dry skin and few flaws looking for a drugstore reasonable priced BB cream product for daily use.

I bought it on sale at Walgreens, so I kept it to be used as an light serum or BB cream for those days I only seek light coverage. However, I won't repurchase this product again.

Pros:
* Nice pleasant smell
* Pump applicator which makes it hygienic
* Gentle for eye area
* Pretty container

Cons:
* Offers very little coverage
* Short lasting
* Not suitable for oily skins, specially during summer-humid seasons
* Lacks of matte finish
* Tends to oxide

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Margedalina

I have never written a review before, but on this product I had too! My skin is prone to breakouts from clogged pores. I started using this product about a month ago and my skin has had no breakouts or black heads. It has literally cleared up my skin! This goes on smooth, and has a very fresh feel to it. Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by hey_con

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am surprised by all the positive reviews. This foundation accentuated every line and pore, did not blend well, and was not hydrating at all. It oddly made my skin look and feel both dry and greasy. I did not like the chemical, perfume sent either, but the smell does not last long. I will not repurchase or recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by riccidontcare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I love Olay. I thought it would be a step up from the other CG foundations I have tried..
I really loved the application and feel of the product.
The pump was very nice. Light/Medium coverage. The texture was smooth and had a slip to it. It blurred everything. At first the color matched, but shortly after application it turned very pink. I did notice a cluster of white heads on my chin after wearing this for 2 days. It also had a smell, very much like the scent of some Olay products.
I returned this product.
Not something I would recommend to someone unless they have cool skin tone and do not breakout easily.
It was around $13. I feel there are better options.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

This felt oily on my face and didn't take long to look oily as well. I'll stick to Bourjois.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by EmmaMo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very pleasantly surprised by this foundation! I use covergirl mascaras and have tried a couple of lip products but their base products have never really appealed to me, probably because the packaging is pretty lacklustre. I bought it as it was half price and I needed an everyday work foundation. I'm not really swayed by the serum idea although I suppose it moisturises reasonably well and I'm usually an Olay fan. I have this in the lightest shade and it is a perfect match for my skin with neutral undertones. It somes out as a quite a thick cream but smoothes on pretty well and dries down to a slightly silicone-y finish. It actually does a great job of evening out my skin tone, particularly redness in my cheeks. Looks very natural, with light to medium coverage, and lasts very well over a 10-12 hour day considering it's not marketed as long-wearing. I find I don't need primer or powder with this, making it pretty much perfect for my rushed pre-work routine. I would however always put moisturiser on underneath as otherwise it would dry out too much. Despite all the moisturising claims, the finish is less dewy than you would expect, so I think it would suit most skin types. The smell is a little strong but it does dissipate. Packaging is fine: it has a pump which dispenses the right amount and you can see how much product is left. I suspect that if this was from a more "exciting" drugstore/pharmacy brand (i.e. Revlon, Bourjois) it would have lots more rave reviews.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 5:33:00 AM More reviews by gotohellmel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I first picked up this product because a friend mentioned she used it on her flawless skin. Having high expectations, I tried it out and the first thing I noticed was the scent. So pleasant and not overwhelming! This is my HG foundation, I find the coverage perfect for me and easy to apply (useful when you only have a limited amount of time to get ready). It has a smooth consistency and the finish is great, it looks very fresh faced and lasts the entire school day with concealer. My main advice would be not to apply too much initially as it will look cakey, do thin layers xx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Smooth consistency, spreads evenly and effortlessly. Nice, light fragrance. Quick drying, lasts all day. I do apply a very small amount on top of my moisturizer, followed by loose powder. I have no complaints whatsoever, purchased this foundation on a whim and it ended up being a staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by kimdja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Absolutely LOVE this foundation! I'm in the shade 'Golden Tan' and I am a little lighter than that color so what I do is mix it a lil bit with my face-moisturizer, and all is well. I've been using this on-and-off for about 2 years now. I rarely wear any foundation on my face because I'm trying to become all natural when it comes to foundation/bb-creams/etc. (not wearing any sort of face-make-up besides moisturizers, and acne-cream) but I still wear eye-make up. Anyways, the coverage is great, covers up any blemishes you may have, and I LOVE the smell of it as well. Definitely reminds me of the face-cream my mom used to wear when I was younger and would sneak into her room to try on her make-up, haha. Another plus, which is a HUGE one for me, is that it didn't break me out at all! Not once have I gone any blemishes or pimples using this product, and that is the very first thing that I look for in ANY sort of facial make-up. The only downside is the price, having it be $13.99 and all but honestly, it's SO worth it. Overall, I'd definitely recommend this to anyone and definitely buy again, no hesitation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 3:15:00 AM More reviews by LolaStar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really really like this foundation! It smells lovely and it makes my skin tone look very even just as promised. It also makes my skin feel very soft and smooth. I really like the pump bottle as I can get the same amount every time and it's sanitary. If half lippies were possible I'd be giving this 4.5 as I would like it to have a bit more coverage but other than that it wins and I'll definitely be buying it again. I'd like to try the other tone rehab products too - the eye serum and powder and primer.