UGH :(. i went to the drugstore to stock up on freeman's "superfruits" cleanser to find out it was discontinued! another hg bites the dust. instead there was this. so i picked it up. because kiwi & yogurt sound like good cleansing. however, this leaves my skin (and hands that i used to apply this onto my face) feeling slick in a gross way (petrolatum? mineral oil? dimethicone?). i understand there's going to be some of those in most products but the amount must've been crazy to leave my skin feeling like that. i had to reach for a bar of simple soap to try to wash that "coating" off...
* this is probably why most people feel "moisturized" after using this - petrolatum/ mineral oil/ dimethicone are in higher amounts in most moisturizers and this cleanser seems to have nearly the same amounts, ugh! i do use moisturizers with these ingredients but i want my cleanser to actually cleanse... :/. that is, before i smear more dimethicone, etc. on my face (moisturizer), haha. -_-". note: i'm not a chemist but this "coating" that it puts on your skin might create a barrier that hinders any beneficial ingredients in any creams/ lotions/ treatments that you apply afterwards?
* it's possible it was just the batch the one i got was a part of that was screwed up but that's not too likely, i don't think.
* FREEMAN, PLEASE BRING BACK THE SUPERFRUITS CLEANSER.
I think this cleanser is AMAZING!
I have reallllllly dry skin, and this cleanser is just amazing..I always use something that is for Oily skin, and my skin doesn't love it at all. But I love this cleanser..my skin feels soo good after the wash. Love it
Wouldn't switch for a different cleanser anyday!
Edit- Add some of your soft soap or any other kind of cleanser for a better clean!
I don't feel like it cleans THAT well, but its still good
- Very moisturizing
- Light scent. Smells like just kiwi and yogurt.
- This is a Pro or a Con, depending on your preference, but upon application it has a
cooling feeling. Exactly like yogurt.
- Consistency is exactly like yogurt.
- Because it is so moisturizing, I don't feel like I am getting a thorough clean. Maybe
I'm just used to all these drying cleansers that it is what I have now come to associate
with a 'cleanser'. I mean, my skin isn't oily or anything after using this, it just feels..
soft, like I just moisturized it. (I have dry skin). I use this after Pond's cold cream, and
it removes all the oils that the Pond's leaves on my cream.. So.. I dunno..
- Consistency is exactly like yogurt so it's hard to get the amount you want- it's so
liquidy that it just kinda plops out of the bottle. ("Plops"? Sorry, I didn't know which
word to use.)
I like it because it smells nice. It does its job of removing the Pond's cold cream.
Overall it's not a bad cleanser, but it just doesn't blow me away enough for me to
repeatedly buy it. I think I will continue on in my promiscuous journey for the perfect
$4 from London Drugs.