NYX Matte Lipstick (All Shades)

4.1

Bees Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla)wax, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Octyldodeanol, Polyisobutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Oleyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Bis-Digylceryl Polyacyladipade-2, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHA, Fragrance. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.7 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.27 Aluminum Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow No.5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), FD&C Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake (CI 42090), or D&C Red No.36 (CI 12085).

I bought one of these in Ultra Dare, a beautiful blue gray color, and I'm pleasantly surprised. I didn't have the greatest experience with the Wicked Lippies and Butter Lipstick, but the Matte kind seems to work a lot better in terms of opacity and working with lip balm underneath.

I highly recommend this line if you haven't had good experiences with their other lipsticks. I also recommend Ultra Dare specifically if you want a lipstick in a more daring color. I guess the name really fits!

This lipstick is awesome! Whenever I'm asked about my favorite DS products, these lipsticks always top the list.

The formula is perfect. It is matte, but not so matte as to be drying or flaky, which is an issue I often have with matte lippies, especially in Denver's dry climate. They last a LONG time...probably 6-8 hours before they start to fade.

The color payoff is excellent. The colors are rich and vibrant.

The packaging is your basic bullet, but I love that there is a clear section in the middle so you can get a really good look at the shade, which is often not the case.

It doesn't seem to have much of a scent/flavor which I LOVE.

Not only are these my favorite DS lippies, they are arguably my favorite lippies period. The only product I might love more is YSL Glossy Stains, but those are a completely different formula and price point so they aren't really comparable. I like the formula better than MAC matte lipsticks and I like it as well or better than NARS.

The low price ($6-$7) means I can afford to own a nice variety of colors. My only complaint: I want more shades! The color palette is somewhat limited and I would really love to see lots of new shades.

My favorite shade at the moment is Bloody Mary. It is a slightly pink-leaning red that is very flattering and adds some drama to my everyday makeup look. It is a pretty close dupe for NARS Dragon Girl, which I love but don't want to spend $$$$ on.

Try these lipsticks, ladies! You will be so glad you did. You can get them at Target and Nordstrom Rack, but in my experience you'll find the best selection of shades on Amazon.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

like the butter glosses, i dont get the hype surrounding this particular lippie from nyx - the matte lipstick. i bought one in the shade temptress and on me, it's streaky, patchy, and very drying. it has a matte finish and is completely scent-free but thats about it. there's nothing else about this lippie that makes me want to say that i like it. maybe its just my lips that are very prone to chapping.. but i really wanted to like it but no it just doesnt work for me. good thing its dirt cheap so i can just toss it in the garbage bin. no more nyx butter glosses and matte lipsticks for me.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

LOVE this product! Highly pigmented, tons of color choices, all matte as they claim, and the staying power is fantastic. I would encourage anyone to try these.
As a smoker I gave up wearing lipstick for a long time. It always came off all over my cigarette. I don't like the feel of semi-permanent lipsticks - plus they peel from the inside out. Not a fan of stains either. This is the first lipstick I have used that has this type of staying power. I always blot excess lipstick off after applying and normally use a clear liner. Forgot my liner one day and it still did not budge.

I hate to give this bad reviews since I love the majority of Nyx products, but I can't say too many good things about the matte lipsticks I have. I use lip balm constantly and these lipsticks still manage to dry out my lips. I make sure to use setting spray with them too, and they never seem to last for more than 3 hours.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This lipstick ROCKS. It has become my absolute favorite!!
Let me start by saying I am a smoker, and have a very hard time getting regular lipstick to stay on. ( I tend to not like semi-permanent lipsticks as they are uncomfortable to me and peel from the inside out, and stains just don't work for me. ) I gave up wearing lipstick for a long time as it just would not stay on and came off every time I had a cigarette. But this stuff stays put very well. I normally use a clear lip liner but yesterday forgot it. It still stayed put and did not bleed or smudge - providing I always blot my lips after applying lipstick to take off the excess. It is very easy to apply.
It does not have a fragrance of any sort and the color choices are many, I think they have 33 at this time to choose from. The color range is fantastic as you can choose any color of lipstick for any look you want. It also feels smooth on your lips.
I wear it alone as I do not use gloss or anything over it. If you like matte lipstick try and it and pick some up, you won;t be disappointed. Just be aware that the colors on the website can be very off. Visit the web to see swatches of what the colors really look like before buying.

I'm a MAC Girl, but I have to admit, NYX mattes are a good alternative to mattes, in texture. They have a good selection of colors too.

My top 3 favorites from this range are: Sierra, Pure Red, and Audrey.

Sierra is a very beautiful terracotta shade with just the right amount of red, brown and orange to flatter the face.

Pure Red is a classic fiery warm red. It has orange undertones - but still red (tomato red) that brightens the face. Can pull off both elegant and playful looks. Not the regular blue-toned retro girl red everyone is raving about. Perfect for summer.

Audrey is probably the only pale-midtone bluish pink that worked on me beautifully. I gave up on pale blue-pinks because they just don't work on my warm undertones. This is how I wanted MAC Snob to look on me.

These lippies are super pigmented, and my only issue with Nyx Mattes are excessive color transfer. Packaging looks cheap, but that's forgivable. But what's not to love about the shades - we can work on these issues, can't we?

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Butter, euro trash are my two favorite colors! I will definately repurchase

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

These are wonderful lipsticks. People seem to be able to be experts at finding dupes for MAC lipsticks in the colors of this line. They are 6.00 when not on sale and they are ALWAYS on sale especially at Ulta. I own about 8 and love them all. I do have a couple of cons that are minimal compared to how great the product is. 1) not all of them are 100% matte. There is a shine to some. This is fine for me because a chalky matte can be a killer if worn all day. 2) the bullet has tendency to fall down on some of them as I apply it. However, it does click down when you roll it down so no fear of it messing up your purse. So:

1) Colors 10/10
2) Formula 8/10 (10/10 for me though)
3) Packaging 5/10

Definite repurchase....have some backups already. ❤️❤️❤️

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

nice lipstick. great color payoff and not as drying as others lipsticks on the market.
this is a good buy. I might get a couple more colors

Recommended for Medium Skin