October 21, 2014 | 1864 users online

Lipstick - NYX - NYX Matte Lipstick (All Shades)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the nudey peachy one (Forbidden Interdit). I really dont reccomend, it went on verrry chalky and a weird chunky texture to it. It just looks so odd, incredibly fake and nasty looking.

Also, the packing is pretty bad too. Whenever you push the product on your lip it winds back down, so you have to be careful and hold it weird.

It also wears disgustingly dry too.

Just this color? No clue. I might pick up a darker color to see.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by MOPIGGY

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I ordered Alabama because all of the online photos make it out to be the perfect deep pure red- NO, what I got was this dark/vampy/wine/almost brick-color. Where is the red? It's not pretty. Now I'm just convinced all those bloggers who made it look red used photoshop to enhance the color! ANYWAYS, besides the color- the first thing this lipstick did was feather into my upper lip :-( and 10min later I looked in the mirror to find the lipstick flaked onto my teeth. TERRIBLE! I will not be trying anymore of the NYX Matte lipsticks, this sucked hardcore!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by emilcezendejas

these are great aria is my favorite but the nude one is awful

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by brunettebordeaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy grail lipsticks, no joke! I wish I had realized they carried these at my local Ulta. I now regret buying my Gucci and Chanel lipsticks. I currently have "Butter", which is a unique grayish-nude that would remind anyone of Angelina Jolie in 1999 if you're feeling experimental. Right now I am lemming "Audrey", which is a lush, cool-toned feminine pink, and "Whipped Caviar", which is the perfect neutral-mauve, if not "Eurotrash", which looks like the perfect nude! There's also a deep, true brown called "Maison" and a dark vamp called "Siren"... the list goes ON and ON! I also love how they have a variety of different reds and also unique colors that I don't see MAC having anytime soon. Save your money, but enjoy the beautiful shades, satiny-matte finish, and lack of scent (brownie points)!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by ehartman

I have about 6 different colors and love them all!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The local CVS is now carrying NYX products and offered a Buy 1 Get 1 Half Off. Picked up Shocking Pink Matte Lipstick. Color really vibrant and lives up to the matte claim. No shine at all - which I like. But I can definitely see this type of finish will only work if my lips stay in top shape over the winter through exfoliating and moisturizing so they don't get too dry, chapped or flaky. Unfortunately, CVS had a limited color selection. I would consider buying these direct from NYX's website - would definitely like to try one of the reds. Price is very reasonable. The Shocking Pink lasted several hours - some fading after drinking a cup of coffee, but the color was still there.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by chittybear

I've always wanted to try a coral orangey shade for my lips, so I tried NYX in Indie Flick. The colour is fabulous and pops out really nicely. It's very pigmented. However, the drawbacks is that it's pretty dry as compared to other lip products I've tried. I have dry lips in general, hence, the dried skin actually shows after applying the lipcolour. I also feel that it doesn't spread as evenly as other lip products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was eyeing these and decided on two shades and ran to get them once there was a sale. I picked up Whipped Caviar and Merlot.

Whipped Caviar: Ohhh emm gee. I was thinking of getting a slightly more natural and darker pink matte, but I'm not such a pink person. I found this, which is a sort of taupey nude, not too cool though, and I totally wanted it. It was hard to decide between this and "natural" which look super similar but my guess is Natural is slightly more warm and rosey, but just by a very little bit. This color is so perfect. I like that it's different, I like that it's elegant and it goes well with blues or brown toned makeup. It feels great too, I put it on as soon as I bought it. **Side note: I have been looking for a blush in this color family that's not too expensive and I found it in Nyx Raisin, which I had to go to a beauty supply store to find an old one, I think it's discontinued.**

Merlot: Looovee. What a rich beautiful shade. Goes on like a vintage starlets lip color. It's not super vampy and dark, but it's deep and pigmented. More blue, yet still flatters my fair olive skin. I love how this wore. Looked perfect after hours.

Picked up Aria today too! This is pretty. I don't do too many violets but don't have a matte and the sale was fantastic so I grabbed it. I like this, but I like the other two more. This is just slightly less matte. Not shiny but not totally matte. It wore a little less powerful as the day went on than the others did, but it was still decent without reapplying. I was kind of hoping for just a teenny little bit vampier but not quite dark/black looking. It's almost weird, to see it look so purple in the tube but go on so much pinker than it appears. It's kind of bright too. It's ok because I can add a layer of a darker color like Revlon Black Cherry to make it how I want. They call it violet but it def has a dark magenta/fuchsia tone to it. It's a little like Milani Sangria, but I like this more. The color is pretty, it grew on me. Good to have for the price I paid. Will add comparison swatches.

Oh and the tube is cute but it does slide down a little as you apply it. :P That's the only downside though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Blueberry1230

After reading a ton of reviews and seeing that fashion blogger Cara Loren wears it often, I bought Pure Red and Indie Flick. I absolutely love them. Super matte and easy to apply. They stay on through meals, etc. Only a little touch up required. I noticed a little dryness toward end of day but nothing too noticeable. This is one of my favorite lipsticks. I recommend google imaging different colors before buying as the reviews and links to fashion and cosmetic blogs help so much.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 5:31:00 AM More reviews by felicitykeir

Love these! I have mine in the shade, hippie chic and summer breeze I think, and the colour is amazing. They don't stay on for more than 3 hours especially if you're eating, but for the price im happy to reapply