November 23, 2014 | 1495 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Matte Lipstick (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by jadesol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

These are such great colors and the product is excellent. I do put some eos on first because I find the lipsticks are a smudge drying, but that won't stop me from buying more!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by glam1012

I am in love with Nyx's lip products but these matte lipsticks are just so dry. I bought the color Eden which is a beautiful dark red shade.

I tried moisturizing my lips with lip balms and exfoilating them but for me, this lipstick didn't cut it. Don't get me wrong, these lipsticks are beautifully pigmented but I wish they weren't so dry...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Sancha82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you have lips that are naturally pink and you are looking for a true red that doesn't turn orange or pink, try Alabama! I'm telling you I finally found my true red. You will have to prime your lips for staying power but it's worth it. It goes on smooth and looks great. It's staying power isn't great unless you use a primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Cheaseonaffinity

I purchased Alabama and it was exactly what I was looking for. I'm not sure if it's because of my natural lipcolor or my really warm toned skin, but most "true reds" look too pink toned on me and are just not classy looking. I also have full lips, and I don't really like them to look any bigger than they are. The brown tones and matte color of this red makes me look so nice and pulled together. It applied nice and doesn't transfer outside my liplines (I kind of trace my lips with concealer and blend). It accentuates my lips but doesn't make them look big, it makes my whole face of makeup look nice and balanced. Mattes are usually not moisturizing, which I don't mind. Some of the creamier lipstick likes to bunch up in my lip lines, making my lips look flaky and I have to end up exfoliating more. This just dries to nice stain and doesn't make my lips flakier. The only thing is the smell is a little off for me. I prefer articifial sweet scents in makeup and this just smells like chemicals. It's not important though and I will repurchase, as well as in other colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by haleysacomet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love matte, highly pigmented lipsticks and these are definitely the best for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by hoverfly

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Before finding this, my lipstick of choice was the el cheapo WNW stuff that sticks to your face like a parasite (but in a mostly good way). I must say, NYX, I am impressed! This stuff could be it!

I am a talker--by trade, not personality. I spend lot of time leading meetings and public speaking. I once made the mistake of wearing a lush, creamy, bright red lipstick, from a high-end brand, on an all-day meeting day. By the end of my first meeting, you could have mistaken me for Krusty the Clown's delirium tremens-riddled twin sister. Oh yeah, lipstick everywhere--well, except on my lips!

Today, I'm sporting NYX's matte lipstick in MSL07 "Alabama" over a light layer of NYX lip primer, within a line of NYX retractable lip liner in MPL08 "Sand Beige". Looks pretty darn good several hours, a 45 minute drive, and one meeting later.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

Im somewhat new to NYX Matte Lipsticks, but Im definitely a fan. The obvious pros: its pigmented, opaque, & it is affordable at $6 each. Of Butter (toffee nude), Euro Trash (dark pink-brown), & Whipped Caviar (muted plum), Euro Trash is probably my favorite because it can be worn everyday & it looks natural on my dark skin. They apply really smoothly for being matte; everyone knows that finish tends to be drying & is unforgiving on chapped or cracked lips. Exfoliate & moisturize, always!

The only cons are its not lasting long & how easily it transfers. I dont know how or why, but it always seems to end up on my teeth or bleeding. I probably just need to use a lipstick sealer. Ill try it & update with results.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by mytie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the Tea Rose and I fell in love!!! Received a lot of compliments the first night I wore it. Goes great with my tan skin tone. It's moisturizing, but it still gives a matte look. * It doesn't last long, so you'll need to reapply throughout the day. I'm a big nude lip girl but this lipstick has become my everyday 💄💋

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by balletbeauty7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this in Pure Red out of necessity for a red lipstick for a show. I am a really dry person so I usually avoid matte lipsticks because they highlight any dryness on my lips. This lipstick doesn't! It was surprisingly moisturising while still having a matte finish. It isn't quite as pigmented or long lasting as I would like big it's great for everyday wear. Highly recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by margokissy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wish these were as good as people act like they are.

I purchased "Spirit" to get in on the nude trend for lips for this Fall. Plus, I'd heard great things about the color.

The color is very pretty and flattering even though it is nude, and it is lighter than my natural lip color! However, if you're going to be eating, drinking....doing much of anything other than being looked at for a couple hours, you're going to need a different lipstick. This started to wear off in an unflattering way, chunking, clumping, you know.

It's unfortunate really, the tube is so cute and I adore matte lipstick, but I get why people stick to MAC.