April 18, 2014 | 1819 users online

Lipstick - NYX - NYX Matte Lipstick (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by pinkmouse09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite lipstick. This is the first matte I've tried and I'm really pleased. I have the Bloody Mary shade and it's gorgeous. Stays on great. I want them all now!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by LizzyBerry

My absolute favorite lipstick! I tend to go towards more of the bright and vibrate colors in their line and they don't disappoint. I'll probably never go back to a regular shiny lipstick, matte has my heart, the color is just more vibrant and intense. These don't dry my lips out either and are super cheap. I can get two for like $9 at Ulta. You can't even get lipsticks that cheap at walmart. So far I have three of them, Audrey, Bloody Mary and Shocking Pink. I had been searching for a color like Shocking Pink forever and just couldn't find anything bright enough until I found NYX. I will buy these for life.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Kelro

I'll start by agreeing with what a lot of people are saying, it is hit and miss with these lipsticks. Some are kind of bad. However, the ones that are good, are really good!

The first two I bought were Pale Pink and Perfect Red. My local Ulta sales out of a lot of the matte lipsticks, so my choices were a little limited. The first one I tested was the pink. It's absolutely terrible in my opinion. The color looks rather chalky and goes on patchy. It stuck to every tiny crack or dry spot on my lips. I exfoliated my lips prior to applying it the second time, assuming maybe my lips were just not in the right condition for the lipstick. Unfortunately though, I had the same result.

I almost didn't try the red after seeing how bad Pale Pink was, but I figured why not? I am so glad I did because Perfect Red is just that; perfect! The color is beautiful, it applies like a dream, and the lasting power blew my mind. This lipstick lasted a solid 10 hours (with liner of course) without having to be touched up, even after having lunch. Even without liner it still held up incredibly well.

Overall, for the price of these, it's worth giving a few shades a shot. The way I look at it, all brands have duds. It's inevitable that you will find some that you're going to hate. My experience with NYX though, when you do find ones that are great, you'll fall in love. I will definitely be buying more shades to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by MollieS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I only have Alabama and while the name sucks, the texture and staying power are awesome. The color wasn't what I was expecting. I thought it would be burgundy but its brick red. I do like it though.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by KandyKisses

NYX has me so torn... I'm absolutely in love with some of their products and have a passionate hatred towards others. Their lip products are such hit or miss for me! I own a few round-case NYX lipsticks, matte lip cremes, butter lipglosses, color balms, and face products and just bought two of the matte lipsticks in Hippie Chic and Pale Pink, both relatively popular shades. Of the round-case lipsticks, Gala was horrible as it fell into every crack of my lip and made my lips look pasty and like I had the life sucked out of them! Circe looks amazing and is very smooth, however! Now, I expected the mattes to be pigmented as most of the swatches are beautiful (my sole reason for purchasing these). I rushed home to apply them and chose Pale Pink. I always put rose salve on my lips before lipstick to make them extra slick and smooth so the lipstick applies and sticks to my lips nicely. Even with the salve, this lipstick looked TERRIBLE. It was a nice color, but it wasn't pigmented at all and the color of my lips was showing through! It mostly "tinted" my lips but again gave me a pasty look like Gala did. It settled into every single crack and made me look sick... bleh. It wasn't matte and wore off super quick. The next day I gave it another try with Hippie Chic and the results were even more terrifying - I looked like a clown. Same thing happened with showing every imperfection on my lips. So, I have stopped using them for now and will stick to my uber cheap but amazing Wet n Wild mattes! Maybe NYX will improve the formula, but these unfortunately don't work for me! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by BebeeGillini

I am usually a lipstick snob & refused to wear anything but MAC. I was intrigued when I seen that NYX created matte lipsticks so I decided to give them a try. This lipstick is so amazing that I bought myself a dozen colors & started gifting them to friends & family. The lipsticks are truly matte, opaque, color payoff is outstanding & the price is a steal! When I wear these lipsticks people stop to ask what I'm wearing & I receive tons of compliments. SERIOUSLY, THE BEST LIPSTICKS EVER!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by jshuipetitefille

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Definitely a must buy for me. I think the price is really good. The only issue I am facing (which is certainly negligible), is that it is too matte in dry weather. But nothing that lip balm or lip gloss can't fix. I love the colors in this collection, and I am definitely buying more!
I also think that the color is really rich and intense and it lasts quite well. Definitely recommending this to all the ladies who like cheap but high quality products.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by fxukiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the shade "Pale Pink" and it's pretty but it's a bit too bright. It didn't apply as well as I hoped it would and I exfoliated my lips before applying it. I wouldn't purchase again but it's okay.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by mixedmatch

I bought this in 2013 shade Angel. It is a lovely shade and it complements fair skin tone. But the swatches you see on the internet might be misleading because the outcome of the colour depends on your natural lipcolour.

I didnt like it initially because it made the cracks on my lips so damn obvious. I got self-conscious when i used it. How did i achieve these obvious cracks? Firstly, lip balm. Secondly and lastly, applied straight to lips. Plus it dried my lips too much. I understand that it is a matte lipstick but i wasnt expecting something extreme :/ In the end it didnt really got utilised much.

This year, i tried using it again and it is so much better now. The trick is to use a lip brush when applying the colour. I keep brushing on the lipstick to get the moisture out of it. Anw after application, no more obvious lip cracks and colour stays on longer than usual. It looks even on my lip and i dont have much to reapply even after eating.

Will i buy this again? Perhaps but in another shade and when mine eventually runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by crwhite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan of this line or lipstick. It is perfect on every level, perfect price, perfect color range, perfect velvety smooth matte finish, perfect opacity, and great staying power! I've owned a lot of the colors for some time now, but recently picked up 2 of their newer 2014 shades, Aria and Street Cred. You can find swatches of those here on my blog www.chocolatedippedglitter.com