NYX Matte Lipstick (All Shades)

4.2

Bees Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla)wax, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Octyldodeanol, Polyisobutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Oleyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Bis-Digylceryl Polyacyladipade-2, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHA, Fragrance. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.7 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.27 Aluminum Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow No.5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), FD&C Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake (CI 42090), or D&C Red No.36 (CI 12085).

on 3/3/2015 2:20:00 PM

I bought the shade Maison and you know, I really loved the color. It was the true brown that I was looking for.

I'm not impressed with this product, though. The lipstick is not very pigmented, so I have to apply heavily. After a short amount of time, it causes my lips to feel dry and uncomfortable. In about an hour it's starting to wear off (maybe because it's uncomfortable and I'm licking my lips and not noticing), and it leaves my lips in worse shape than before I applied. Also the white letters on the black packaging chip away, making it unreadable and trashy-looking. Color good, formula and lasting-power bad. Sorry NYX. My search for the perfect brown continues.

on 2/27/2015 2:09:00 PM

I love matte lipsticks as i think they look much more natural than super shiny, sticky lipglosses or high shine lipsticks.
I really wanted Whipped Caviar but it was sold out so i took Eurotrash instead. Its a really natural nude shade which looks gorgeous on. Doesnt dry out lips. Not sure about the lasting power as i havent used it at work yet but for the price it's a great product. I still really want Whipped Caviar shade but NYX seems a hard brand to get hold of here in Ireland. Love it.

I usually stay away from lipsticks and I find them too heavy for daily wear for me unless I decide to go all-out in my make up routine (lip creams and tinted balms all the way!). But NYX has scored a great formula for their matte lipsticks and I couldn't resist purchasing a few for myself for the future.

The shades Natural and Whipped Caviar are fantastic for somebody of my skin tone (olive with brown hair/eyes). They glide on smooth and dry quick, giving a very consistent appealing matte finish. For those who are money conscious and want a lippie with staying power, NYX has a solid contender.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love this I have this in euro-trash amazing, matches my skin and liptone it and au natural look, my NYX holy grail, I'm really definatly on board to get some more at the beauty supply stores

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

I am on my third tube of this stuff, whipped caviar, MLS15. It is a mauvy pink, with a hint of fuschia. And this stuff is my HG. It is gorgeous and is perfect for my grey hair, neutral fair skins and dark eyes. And, this baby lasts - it lasts through my two cups of coffee in the morning, talking on the phone and sometimes a snack. The finish is not a flat matte, more of a matte with a hint of creaminess.

It is unscented. It has never been drying on my lips as some mattes can be and when it fades, the stain is gorgeous. I love this lipstick - it brightens my face without a heavy or over the top appearance. This is a GREAT product and one of the big reasons I love NYX so much.

on 2/11/2015 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have this lipstick in the color Alabama and I'm absolutely in love with it. It doesn't try out my lips like my other matte lipsticks do. I really want this lipstick in the color Siren but everywhere I go it's sold out. I would definitely buy this lipstick again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Absolutely looooove these Matte Lipsticks. Initially just bought Siren, and received endless compliments. The application is smooth, and does not dry out my lips like most matte lipsticks do! Lasted me practically the whole day (I only needed to re-apply after eating). I was hooked after that, so I ran back and picked up 6 more shades! If you are in Canada, Target is having them for 30% off of the $8.99 original price during their "liquidation" sale, so it comes up to about $6.29 +Tax. :)

on 1/31/2015 12:47:00 AM

Love these lipsticks! For the price you can't beat them and they are comparable to many of the high priced brands. Tons of colors to choose from, great packaging, and not drying for me at all. Great staying power and truly matte finish. Can't say enough about them. I have 6 different ones and still want more!

on 1/26/2015 12:28:00 AM

I have this in shade temptress. I love the color however I don't like how it actually dries my lips a bit after just 2 hours. Even w/ lib balm on. Maybe it's just my lips which is dry. Over all, i would repurchase since the color is beautiful!

on 1/24/2015 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product from Next and it was only 3! I wasn't expecting much because of the price and because I've never tried anything by NYX before. I was pleasantly surprised, it's bloody brilliant! The formula is great, very creamy and very long lasting on the lips without being dry. I love matte lipsticks, especially MAC but this gives them a run for their money, the only difference is you don't get that lovely vanilla/chocolate smell/taste.

Popular Lipsticks