December 22, 2014 | 972 users online

Styling Products - Kenra - Platinum Blow-Dry Spray

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2014 3:31:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is supposed to lessen the blow drying time for your hair. In all honesty, I didn't notice a huge difference in the blow drying time, at least not enough to justify the price tag.
It does leave my hair feeling a bit dry and since I chemically treat my hair regularly, this is a deal breaker.
As for the thermal protection, I didn't really notice a difference with that either. I've since discovered Aveda's Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener and New Dry Remedy Oil which works wonders for my hair for that sleek, shiny look.

The scent is pleasant but that's pretty much the only good thing about this product.
Perhaps it will work with fine hair types but not with my somewhat thick and medium textured hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Principesa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this on Amazon based on the reviews here. I got the 3.4 oz size in case I didn't like it. I have used it every day this week on towel dried hair. It is such odd stuff- I spray it on all over my hair and it almost seems like nothing is coming out of the bottle but then there is this slippery feeling. Instructions say to dry hair away from the scalp with a round brush. I have short to medium length layered hair in an inverted bob, back more layered, very fine, brown with some reddish highlights, tends to lie flat. I cannot say this shortened drying time any but that was not a concern to me. It did make my roots stand up with the round brush and also made my ends very healthy looking and color seem more saturated. My hair was very soft, manageable and fuller looking. Last night a friend asked me who does my color and I have not had my hair done in over 2 months. This product has gotten rid of the dry wispy look of my fine hair and gives it more substance and a little oilier feel but in a good healthy way. I can't really explain this well but just try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by colleendc19

I've only used this once but I'm blown away at how great it works. I have fine hair but a lot of it, wavy to loose curly and bra length with long layers and angling in the front. It take about 15 min usually to blow dry my hair, and with about 6 bursts of this spray it was definitely cut in half (and probably even more if I dried in a non humid bathroom!). I barely used a brush (a bit at the end) and my hair dried smooth and straight - so close to blowout status and no straightener needed! I bought the 1.7 ounce and I'll see how it works out but I'm almost positive I'll get the full size once it's gone :). Worth a try at ulta with a coupon!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by AS07

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff really does what it says - I have fine hair that never seems to want to dry on the underside, especially when it is humid out. This works and does cut the drying time in half. It also makes my hair very shiny and smells great. The price is a bit expensive - I bought the smaller bottle at Ulta and with 20% off it was still about $18. The good thing is a little goes a long way and when I need to buy again, I will search Ebay or Amazon.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by sogood124

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this stuff . great smell and protects the hair from heat not super heavy they also have a lightweight version as well for that baby fine hair .

also no alcohol in the ingredients
hairdresser

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Alimulc4

This is one of the products that I recommend to many of my clients. Smells amazing, is super hydrating, protects hair from heat, adds shine, speeds up drying time. The only thing not to love is that the price point is a bit high, but it should last you quite a while.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by makeuplovexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this for free from my Ulta rewards and let me say, this smells so good. im not a fragrance person but it has this nice vanilla smell. my bf can tell everytime I wear it, even hours after. as for reducing the blow dry time, im not sure because I have such thick hair, it takes me awhile anyway. But this is definitely worth the money

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Purplegal

Yet another bandwagon I've jumped on!! This spray reduces blow dry time more than any other product I've found. It also protects hair from heat, detangles it, softens it, reduces frizz and gives it a nice, healthy,
silky shine. It has replaced It's a 10 in my necessary hair products. It's a 10 does condition hair more, but I like this spray better because of the reduced blow dry time. Also, it smells wonderful - a bit like tropical tanning oil. My only complaint is the price. I wish it were less expensive, but the cost won't stop me from purchasing it again. This is a new staple in my morning routine.

If you have fine hair, this could weigh it down if you use too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Twiggy12345

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use the "fine hair" version of this spray, and I really like it. I use 3 sprays into my hand ( I have bra-strap length hair) and distribute throughout my hair, less mess and waste. I also use this as a heat protectant before straightening. I like the fruity smell, and because its a multitasking product, and little goes a long way , I don't mind paying the $25 to purchase at Ulta.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

I'm on the fence with this product. This product did shorten my blow drying time, but it left my hair dry especially on the ends and gave me flyways. Therefore, I don't think I will buy this again.

Pros: Smells amazing, shorten blow drying time, creates volume
Cons: Left my hair dry and brittle not soft, flyways

About my hair: Super Long, color treated, straight (slightly wavy when dried naturally), fine hair but very thick, all over layers