GLAMGLOW Mud Mask

3.1

Aqua (Water), Montmorillonite (Volcanic Minerals), Kaolin (French Sea Clay), Magnesium Aluminium Silicate (Purified Clay), Polyethylene, Pumice (Micro Volcanic Rock), Camellia Sinesis Leef (Green Tea Leef), Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract (Green Tee), Chamomilla Recutica Flower Extract (Chamomile), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Marigold), Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Hedara Helix Extract (Ivy), Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract (Comfrey Herb), Lavandula Hybrida Oil (Lavender), Glycerin (Vegetable), Parfum, [Benxyl Benzonate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool], Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Prpylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea.

No no no! I tried this as a lost cause and heard great things about it. First off the package looks fabulous so I was all game (I know bad) but then I used it. Breakouts couldn't have come any faster. Will never repurchase, this is the third product by this line I have hated. It is unfortunate because when I love something I will rant and rave all day, but was severaly let down by this one. I ended up throwing the rest out after about a month of hoping it would help.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is all hype. ALL HYPE.

Yes, it made my skin super soft but other than that, I don't see any other benefits to the product. It actually felt like my skin was burning when I first put it on. I got a couple breakouts from it as well because it was just too harsh for my skin.

It's way over priced for what it claims to do and not deliver on that claim. So many other products similarly or lesser/better priced that will do a lot more for your skin than this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This mask is like pumice stone for the face. Abrasive but makes your skin super sof! I can definitely see why a lot of people would dislike this mask - as a mask, it's definitely not for sensitive skin. I have dry, sensitive skin, so I use it as an exfoliator rather than a mask. This way, it doesn't dry my skin out and I can control the scrubbyness. I'm not sure exactly why this mask feels so good. It doesn't look or feel anything special and I generally steer clear of this kind of abrasive masks. Somehow, it just gives great results so I'd definitely recommend getting one of those trial sets with different Glamglow masks so you can really make up your mind. These aren't cheap... That's why I'm a bit on the fence on repurchasing this and Thirstymud.

This product isn't great but luckily I bought some sample sizes to try out. When I applied the mask my skin was on fire!!! The burning sensation finally calmed down after 5 mins or so but extremely comfortable. I didn't really notice anything different with my skin after using the mask either. I would not recommend this mask. However glamglow do a super clearing mask which is in a white pot with white packaging and that one is fantastic!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

If you've ever wondered what it would feel like to napalm your face, then this is the product to try! Seriously though, this is a jar full of NOPE. Loaded with irritants, drying ingredients, and a whole lot of nonsense, this product effectively destroyed my moisture barrier within minutes. I can't say much more other than please, spend your money on rubbing alcohol. You'll get milder exfoliation.

I bought the travel size out of curiousity. I think this mask is ok. My face feels clean and bright after using this mask but nothing special for such an expensive mask. I got the same effect with my Montagne Jeunesse dead sea mask which is much cheaper. I won't repurchase.

The first time I used this, it did seem to make my face bright and smooth...then a few days later, I had a bad breakout. Not a fan of the pieces of whatever is in this but the smell is nice and refreshing. Way too harsh of an exfoliation with using this mask. Don't think I'd use this again and def would not purchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I will probably get a ton of thumbs down for speaking badly about such a beloved product on MUA. But in all honesty, the entire Glamglow line is overhyped & overpriced. Many dermatologist agree that these masks can actually do more harm than good. However Glamglow has a cult following. So there has to be at least a little bit of truth behind the hype.

I will admit, these masks do help "detox" the skin. This is exactly what's keeping fans raving about the line. However --- the ingredient behind that is the clay, which you can find for a fraction of the price either alone or in other (better formulated) masks. Clay masks suck out impurities from the skin, leaving it clearer and smoother. The silica in this mask, listed as magnesium aluminum silicate, also helps dry out the skin but it will not absorb impurities the way clay does.

As for the tingling sensation? That's actually not a good thing. Many believe that when a product makes their skin tingle, or burn, that it's working it's magic. Effective skincare should NOT cause this type of reaction. I am a long time user of chemical exfoliants, so I know what to look for. Furthermore, the ingredient causing this tingling sensation, is NOT an alpha hydroxy acid nor chemical exfoliator. It's actually just irritating your skin and drying it out. And while that may (very temporarily) help acne - it can be damaging over time to your skin's protective barrier.

Other things to note - the only actual exfoliating ingredient in this is polyethylene beads. That means its a physical exfoliator vs chemical. Do not expect that to help with sun damage, and please do not rub this too harshly into your skin because you can break capillaries.

Also lavender oil, listed in the ingredients, is a major irritant for acne prone skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Not a fan of this one. Maybe it's my skin, but any mud/clay masks I use work about the same for me. Tightens pores for a few hours, then you can't even tell I've used it.

As this works no different for me than any other mud mask, the fact that it costs wayyy more is definitely a turn off. Add in the fact that it's full of twigs and leaves so that when you apply it, bits are falling all over the place, and I get something I really wouldn't buy. This also probably wouldn't be great for sensitive skin, as there is a tingling/burning sensation before it dries down. Just a really overall unimpressive product, especially for the price.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Didn't like this GlamGlow mask at all! It's very irritating and doesn't do your skin any good, because its full of chemicals. Only thing I liked was the packaging, thats why I bought it in the first place.
Can someone please recommend me a good natural facial mask? I'm new on makeupalley… would NOT buy it again by the way

Popular Masks